If you're looking for beautiful seaside scenery, this is the place for you. Home to the world's largest collection of fishermen and fishing pets, this city is well known, as it provides much of Barakka's fish exports. You should try the famous Broiled Sea Scalla, it's delicious! (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Jawan, the Sea City

Desperation and Directives [Open! M:E]

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 07/10/2015 4:03 AM

He couldn't have picked a worse day for it. It was blustery outside, which was making it hard to keep his eyes as peeled as they needed to be. It was also looking as though it was going to rain, with massive dark clouds billowing toward the town as though they meant to run it over. Of course, it obviously wouldn't be the first time he weathered a massive storm in his mission. Granted, it was a self-motivated mission, but a mission nonetheless. He was just starting to regain what little was left of a life. When Tristanis had pulled him out of that place, the resurrection had been mostly incomplete. Thankfully, there were plenty of doctors and scientists who lived where he did. It had taken him a very long time to recover to the state where he could search - even with the help of the research of those in the castle, but he had been searching now for at least a month and a couple of days now. Memory was... spotty at best, and the thing he best remembered was the objective of his search. Canvas.

Today, he was scouting along the coast, stopping into this city for a look around. Just where the pale painter had picked up and moved, he didn't know, but he was bound to find him. It was his mission in life, his sole reason for being brought back. Or at least he viewed it as such.

When he had started traveling, looking for Canvas, he had promised himself a few different things along the way. The first, was to strive not to die a second time. No more wars. No more heroics. He kept mostly to the sidelines now, studying things and approaching only when the coast was as clear as it could get. What he had experienced in that dark place was not something he wished to repeat any time soon. Besides... If he did find Canvas, how was he going to hold him if he were dead? He didn't even know if the other had taken a new mate by now - he wouldn't have blamed him. But regardless, he was bound and determined to find him.

Samhain was out and about today himself, but it wasn't for any searching reasons. He had stopped by a lovely little gift-shop to purchase some gifts for his beloved. Right now, though - he was outside a smart little flower-shop, peering at the merchandise out on display in the front. Whistling while he browsed, and keen on any flowers with a vaguely 'blue' theme to them, he went about his shopping in a happy-go-lucky sort of way. Jawan was a fair ways away from where he and Ida spent their days, but it was high-time he purchased the man something frivolous and fancy to counteract the whole 'being cooped up with him until he fully recovered' sort of thing.

Making up his mind, he purchased two sets of vibrant blue plants with nearly ice-blue flowers, and was just jotting down the address when he spotted someone he didn't ever think he'd see again - at least not living. Zaak was walking about the market with a slightly dazed, and moderately 'spaced out' look to him. As though his mind were elsewhere, focused on other things. Sam himself often wore that look when he was hyper-focused on something. He'd leave him alone for now, but...

Quickly, he finished jotting down the address to send the flowers, and dialed an all-too-familiar number. When the self-proclaimed 'head of the castle' Luminare, picked up the phone, he spoke quickly and softly. "I just thought you might want to know that I'm in Jawan at the moment, and I've spotted Zaak. He seems focused on something, but I don't know what. I've got to finish my shopping, but I can go over and talk to him afterward, ask him to go back to the castle."

He listened to Luminare's answer, and sighed, shaking his head. "Alright. If you say so. Just know he's here, then. Sorry for bothering you while you're busy."

Another was out here today, but he was scouting the waves. Scott had been hoping for a day free of clouds, like had been on his surf-weather app, but this overcast shore looked pretty surfable, too. He might just have to watch out for when the wind picked up, as the storm started rolling in. Which didn't leave him enough time to set up his board, go over the safety checks, and actually get some wave-riding done. It looked as though he was going to have to wait for the storm to pass. It was, after all, better to be safe, than sorry. It would be pretty stupid for him, a lifeguard, to have to be rescued by another for failing to follow basic safety.

He sighed, and leaned his board against the railing, settling for just watching the waves, picking up even though only seconds had passed. This was a good section of beach to catch a few waves, but it wasn't a great section to try and catch those waves in the middle of a storm. It was a good thing he had a place to stay, otherwise this trip would have been the ultimate bust.
[EDITING SIGNATURE PLEASE HOLD]
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 424
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 07/19/2015 3:29 AM

ImageImage

The shop hadn't been selling very many toys recently, and as such it had provided Canvas as the perfect chance to head away for a vacation. Atros, on promise that he would be fine with being left at home for a few days, had agreed to take any phonecalls if anyone called to purchase one of his paintings. There had already been many calls, though all but perhaps one or two had been from Canvas himself, checking in on Atros.

When he wasn't calling Atros, he actually was having fun along the beach. It provided great scenery for paintings, and the food had been absolutely delicious. Currently, he had set himself up under a fairly nice umbrella, a large canvas before him. The weather hadn't been particularly cooperative this day though, and he frowned as he stared up at the clouds, knowing what was coming in.

"Looks like we might have to pack up, Sakefi..." he said with a sigh, eyes now traveling toward the little Drakel that had been basking in the sun before the clouds began to roll in. "At the very least I should put away all my supplies. Wouldn't want them getting ruined."
// Pen || Wishes || Trades || Breeders \\
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1625
Donate

Re: Desperation and Directives [Open! M:E]

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 07/19/2015 3:42 AM

As he had been turning to leave, disappointed with another fruitless search... he saw him. His heart did a couple of skips in a row, and his mouth turned to sand as he watched him.. he was leaving! He couldn't let him leave! There was about eighteen feet between them all-told, and it didn't take much time or effort to close that gap. Even though he was panting afterward, it was worth it, when he reached out to literally grab Canvas' wrist. The way he held on wasn't hard or hurtful, it was just... desperate. Reflecting the deep, deep longing inside an empty and aching heart.

"C-Canvas?" he asked, with a voice unused to speaking. "Is... is that... is that you? Did I finally... find you?"

His mouth worked more, but no sound came out. Chest aching, and moisture pricking at his eyes, he simply refused to let go of the artist's wrist. Even if it wasn't Canvas, this is the very closest he'd ever come to seeing his beloved again. He actually didn't look that much different. There was a haircut, and his eyes held a wilder, more eager look to them than they usually would... But regardless of this, it was still, very clearly, Zaak. Down to the scar on his chest - but Canvas couldn't see that because of his shirt.
[EDITING SIGNATURE PLEASE HOLD]
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 424
Donate