If you're looking for beautiful seaside scenery, this is the place for you. Home to the world's largest collection of fishermen and fishing pets, this city is well known, as it provides much of Barakka's fish exports. You should try the famous Broiled Sea Scalla, it's delicious! (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Jawan, the Sea City

Re: [Self/M:L, S] So Near, Yet So Far

Postby SpringsSong » 01/07/2016 5:36 PM

"I already suspected that Master Orgus was dead," Noriala said softly.  "I felt a rift in the Force form not very long ago--before my own troops tried to shoot me down," she said, and Kira placed a hand on the Cathar's shoulder gently as she lowered her head.

"I think I felt something similar when I felt the other waves in the Force," Kira said.  "But, when Master Kiwiiks was on Tattooine for that mission, she had to withdraw so far into herself that even I couldn't feel her presence when I really searched for her."

"Okay, can we maybe cut down on the Jedi- and Force-related chatter?" Doc asked in a hesitant voice.  "We are in an area that wasn't exactly sympathetic to the Republic--or Jedi, for that matter," he said, and Noriala sighed as she ate a few bites of the stew.
Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this to see what's behind
Got no way to prove it, so maybe I'm lying
Take a look in the mirror, what do you see
Can you see it clearer, or are you deceived in what you believe?
Don't ask my opinion, don't ask me to lie
Then beg for forgiveness for making you cry
'cause I'm no prophet or Messiah
You should go looking somewhere higher

I'm only human, I make mistakes
I'm only human, I do what I can
I'm only human, that's all it takes to put the blame on me

Don't put the blame on me

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5883
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 01/07/2016 6:08 PM

"Easier said than done for some of us," Noriala said.  "I was raised in the Jedi Order from the time I was a cub, so it is the only life I have ever known.  I do not know how to be anything other than a Jedi."

"Well, the first thing you'll need to do is lose the robes and lightsabers," Kira said gently.  "I have some clothes that you can use, as well as a place where you can stash your sabers.  I know you might not like that idea that much, but--"

"I think we're past what I might like and need to look at what I need to do," Noriala said, one of her ears flicking slightly as she looked down at her hands.  While they were otherwise flawless in their appearance, they were experienced with wielding two lightsabers in tandem, and with manipulating the Force to her will.  "Show me what you have, Kira," she said after several long minutes.

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 01/07/2016 6:51 PM

It was a good ten or fifteen minutes before Kira and Noriala would emerge from within the inner chamber of the hovel.  When she finally emerged, Noriala was wearing a simple loose tunic and pants that looked nondescript enough to blend in with the area.  Doc nodded slightly as he leaned back a little bit, his mustache twitching ever so slightly as he seemed to think.

"It'll do for now, of course," he said, which merited a glare from Kira.

"It was the best I could do on no notice," Kira snapped.  "We'll find some other clothes for her to use, but for now, this outfit will have to do.  Right now, our bigger problem is figuring out how to explain her arrival in the village.  Mine was a pain enough to explain--"

"Easy enough," Noriala said.  "My tribe was being tried for treason after the dismantling of the Empire, and I had fled prior to that because I wasn't sympathetic to the Republic anymore," she said, pulling her hair behind her ears.  "It's been long enough since I was made a Knight that the spot where they cut my braid off from has grown back in, they'll never suspect--and if they ask, I didn't make the cut in the Order, either."

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 01/07/2016 7:02 PM

"Hah.  You, the model Padawan, try to pass yourself off as a dropout of the Order?" Kira asked, folding her arms as she chuckled.  "Tell me one thing that would make me believe that you're not the model Padawan that Master Kiwiiks said that Master Orgus was always talking about," she said.

"Easily enough said.  'There is no Dark Side, nor a Light Side - there is only the Force.  I will do what I must to keep the balance.  The balance is what keeps me together.  There is no good without evil, but evil must not be allowed to flourish.  There is passion, yet peace; serenity, yet emotion; chaos, yet order.  I am the wielder of the flame, the protector of balance.  I am the holder of the torch, lighting the way.  I am the keeper of the flame, soldier of balance.  I am a guardian of balance'," Noriala said.  "It's the code of the rouge Jedi--what the Jedi should have been doing."

"And yet, we only have the Code that states that there is no emotion, but serenity--but how can one be serene when they have been taught to forsake all emotion?" Kira asked, tapping her chin thoughtfully.  "I suppose you could pull it off."

"Chaos, yet order--I have yet to see that exist; either chaos or order," Doc said with a chuckle.  "Despite my original assessment of you when you came to, you might be able to pull off civilian life here."

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 01/07/2016 7:51 PM

"Well, we'll see," Noriala said, chuckling slightly.  "Not many people know that, and some may claim that it's just a load of bantha poodoo, but I found records of it in the Archives.  More than just a few of the rouge Jedi cited this code as one of the main reasons why they left the Order," she said.

"Well, whatever code you follow, I'd keep the Jedi and Force part out of it," Doc said.  "At least, with everyone but us.  I don't care if you're Jedi or Sith or... whatever different groups use the Force.  I just care that you don't hurt my friends, and since Kira trusts you, I trust you too."

"Well, that's fortunate," Noriala said.  "Since Kira trusts you, I suppose that means I can trust you, too.  Just... try to keep the flirting to a minimum for a while, please.  Unless that would be... uncharacteristic, I guess."

"It would," Kira said.  "One of the women around here told me that women are allowed one indiscretion, and that Doc here counts as two."

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 01/07/2016 8:17 PM

"Ouch.  Who was it that said that?  A Rattataki?" Doc asked, and Kira held up her hands in a defensive manner, shaking her head.

"I'm not saying.  I promised I wouldn't say," she said.  "She seemed amused that I tried to say that it wasn't that way between us," she said, and Doc chuckled as he shook his head, the chuckle turning into laughter before too long.

"Of course any woman would think that," he said.  "It's just harmless flirting, really," he said, but then, he noticed the look of disgust that was beginning to curl onto the Cathar's face.  Kira noticed the look too, and she had moved back a little from where she had been standing.

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 01/07/2016 8:25 PM

"What?" Doc asked as his smile slowly faded, and Noriala gave a slight growl as she shook her head, looking away from the two humans as her brown hair fell over her ears and into her face.

"That kind of behavior disgusts me," she said.  "We Cathar mate for life, but as a Jedi--well, you know the deal.  So, I was facing the very real possibility that I would... well, have a part of my life forever unfulfilled because of the code that I lived under.  Now that they no longer exist... I have that chance, and the first thing--"

"Now, Nori," Kira said gently.  "Cathar mate for life, yes--just like the Wookies do--but humans... aren't like that.  If you act like that around here, people might start to act suspicious of your origins in the area.  I'm not suggesting you abandon the core of who you are, but..."

"...but I need to accept that there are those who are a little more... ahem... about things," she said.  "I've known some Cathar to be rather... loose before they take a mate, but... it's not too common."

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 01/07/2016 10:42 PM

"How uncommon is it?" Doc asked.  When Noriala glared at him, he raised his hands defensively and said, "Hey, hey, I'm only asking!  If it helps you fit in here--"

"--then it can only help, I know," Noriala said with a sigh, shaking her head.  "As far as I heard, the ones engaging in such behavior kept it quiet because if any offspring resulted from such fooling around, then they were expected to make it work.  In all reality, it depended on the individual Cathar, and since I don't actually remember much of my tribe--"

"That's gotta change fast," Kira said.  "We need to establish some sort of a history for you that doesn't involve the Jedi at all.  One that involves a normal life, and we need to do it fast."

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 01/07/2016 10:47 PM

"I know someone I can call," Noriala said, pulling out her commlink and dialing in a frequency.  After a few moments of static, a voice came through that crackled at first, but became clearer after mere moments.

"Kryslania's Pride, Captain Hannlya speaking.  How can I help another Force-sensitive Cathar, Noriala?" the voice asked, and Noriala smiled.

"Hannlya--I need you to tell me everything about life in a Cathar tribe these days.  It's not exactly the best time to be advertising my Force-sensitivity, or the fact that I was trained as a Jedi, so I need a plausible history that's as normal as it can be for a Cathar," she said.  "After all, I believe Sev's parents kept her Force-sensitivity quiet even when the Council came calling."

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous