If you're looking for beautiful seaside scenery, this is the place for you. Home to the world's largest collection of fishermen and fishing pets, this city is well known, as it provides much of Barakka's fish exports. You should try the famous Broiled Sea Scalla, it's delicious! (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Jawan, the Sea City

For Old Times' Sake? [Self L]

Postby Redd » 02/20/2016 7:45 AM

Click.
Ashley swiped a stray peice of hair off her brow and stood up, snapping the lid of her laptop shut and stowing it away in her bag. Blue eyes darted to her watch, and yes, thank Yepha it was clock off time. With care, she began packing her bag, stowing away the heavy brick of a laptop (seriously, why were they that archaic), some files and a few notepads, and her personal effects, a lunch box, cellphone, keys and cap.
"Hey! Ash, you heading off now?"

The woman turned around to look about the office and caught sight of a man in a white shirt waving her down. With a sigh she set her bag down, readjusted her face into a polite smile and walked on over, casually leaning against the wall of the cell.
"Ah, Julian. I was about to." She responded, eyeing him off with suspicion. "But something told me, you were about to ask me for a favour. Tell me am I wrong?"
Julian opened his mouth as if to answer, but some thought must have crossed his mind and he instead shook his head. Ashley exhaled sharply in amusement and crossed her arms. Sometimes it sucked having a higher rank than these kids. Someone always wanted something pushed along. "So out with it Jules." She again prompted, though her tone had softened a little.

Stare in the darkness
Are you scared? Are you free?
I can be fair or a monster
Tell me now, which one do you need?

I can feel teeth tear into me
Rip me to pieces, rock me to sleep
I can feel eyes staring at me
Getting uneasy, ready to feed
I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 892
Donate

Re: For Old Times Sake? [Self L]

Postby Redd » 02/20/2016 7:47 AM

"Why in such a rush?" The man chided with a laugh. "Does Inspector Trevelyan actually have a Valentines date tonight?"
Ashley frowned and threw a punch at the other man's shoulders. With a shaky laugh and a surprised expression, Julian sidestepped the swing and raised his hands up in surrender. "Okay okay, I apologise. I'm sure you could get a date if you wanted to. Hell, I'd offer if you'd like."

Ashley just groaned and rolled her eyes. Julian, forever trying. "I appreciate the concern but it's just a day. I don't need some dumb stupid day to tell me that apparently I'm lonely and I need a partner." She responded with a bored shrug. "C'mon kid, out with it or I walk. As it so happens, I have sappy movies, takeout and ice cream awaiting me at home."

"Point taken Inspector." Julian flashed a winning smile and nodded, prompting Ashley to make a note to dislike him even more. "So uh. Words gotten around that you have a... uh." He faltered, trying to assess her expression. His eyes flicked around the room, like he was checking to make sure that someone wasn't listening and his voice picked up a dry, hoarse edge. "Source. See I'm uh.. not getting anywhere with my case, Temellin's clearly getting worse and I-"

Stare in the darkness

I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Redd » 02/20/2016 7:49 AM

Ah, this case. Right. She knew the one. The top brass had already written it off as a hopeless cause, and even the lower ranking officers knew they'd only given Temellin the case because he was dirty, and probably had enough blackmail to bring this agency down. Most sane people knew to stay away from both Temellin and this case, but the poor kid had volunteered. "You could always just ask to be let off the-"

"No." Julian's reply was sharp and cut straight through her words. Well, then he kind of looked down at his feet and fidgeted with a piece of paper. "Uh, no Ma'am. I want to see this through."

'Even if it kills you.' Ashley mentally followed up that train of thought. The corner of her mouth twitched into an odd smile, as she made up her mind. "Fine. Only because I like you, and I don't want to see this damned thing break you. I'll put the word out and get back to you when I can, okay?"

Stare in the darkness

I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Redd » 02/20/2016 7:52 AM

The excited look on the mans face was enough to prompt a smirk from Ashley and she dismissed herself with a wave. She grabbed her bags, adding some extra files from Julian's case into the pile and excused herself from her desk.

Keys slid into the lock of her white Ford F-150 and with a exasperated sigh, she settled into the seat of the pickup truck and slipped a pair of black driving gloves on. Right she... needed to put a word out to her contact. Okay. With another sigh, she pressed a button and her glove box popped open, and Ashley retrieved a cellphone, and for not the first time, she pulled a face at the damn thing. The brick looked like it was at least 10 years ago, and she had no idea why her 'contact' had insisted on this in particular. Probably just to be annoying, right?

She pressed 1. Thankfully it still had speed dial.  "Hey. It's me." She stated tersely. "Yes I know what night it is Red... Look I'll make it up to you. Just meet me at the usual place."

Stare in the darkness

I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Redd » 02/20/2016 10:15 AM

The Red Hawk was already waiting. The woman had gotten comfortable on top of some shipping containers, with one leg flicked over the other and hands gripping the edge. Her black hood was pulled over her head, and her red scarf was drawn over her mouth, so only unusually bright teal eyes were visible.
As Ashley carefully approached the woman, she jumped down from her perch and raised a hand up to quiet her, carefully inspecting the area. "You weren't followed?"

"No? Seriously? Who did you piss off this time?" Ashley growled, placing her hands on her hips and inspecting the thief, and not for the first time judging her ridiculous get up.

"Hmm?" The hooded woman turned back, and pulled her scarf down and hood back, releasing her scarlet colored hair. "No one. Just odd you'd bother me today. It's Valentines day, didn't you know? Don't you have a nice comfortable sofa and a bullet to-"

"I swear to the gods, you continue that sentence and I will end you." Ashley growled, aggressively stepping forward. The other woman smirked but threw her hands up in surrender. "I have a case I need you to look into."

Stare in the darkness

I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: For Old Times' Sake? [Self L]

Postby Redd » 02/23/2016 8:24 AM

"Usually I ask for dinner and a date before the kinky shit." Red hummed, stuffing one hand into her coat pocket and holding out the other one expectantly. "Lets see that case then, I'll decide what I can do after I see the details. If it's not one of yours, it better be good."

Ashley just groaned and rolled her eyes, before swinging her backpack around and digging through it. Within seconds, she pulled out a small paper folder and passed it to the thief. "That's not mine. So please don't crumple it." She responded, running a hand down the side of her face and letting out an exasperated sigh. She really just hoped the thief could do something, or knew something. She perished the thought of returning empty handed to Julian.

"Hmmmm." Red stuck her tongue between her teeth and started flicking through the pages. "Kaurna, jeez you guys are still chasing this bitch? I.. whew. I applaud you but, she's one tricky asshole to catch these days, even if you're not the law." She whistled and handed the file back to Ashley. "Yeah I'll take it. I hate that bitch anyway. A lot of us want her gone. I think I know a guy with intel."

Stare in the darkness

I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: For Old Times' Sake? [Self L]

Postby Redd » 02/23/2016 8:58 AM

"What? Just like that? What do you want in return?" Ashley stared at her, mildly dumbfounded, hands reaching out and taking the file back. Red shot the other woman a wicked grin, canines exposed and leaned in close. Ashley could almost feel her stomach twist in anticipation. Why did she even subject herself to this nutcase's whims?

"I am... SO glad you asked." Red replied, tilting her head and examining Ashley. The police officer grimace and placed a hand on Red's chest, pushing her back. The thief withdrew, but that smile still hadn't faded. Ugh, what now? "So, I thought to myself. It's Valentines Day. And you're on my ass, and like I mentioned. No dinner and date. So rude, right? So, the best idea crossed my mind. Why don't we?"

Ashley couldn't have not pulled a surprised face, even if she tried. "What?" The words dropped from her lips. Red just chuckled and grabbed her hand, tugging towards the Inspectors car.

"C'mooon. It'll be fun. Just like old times, right?" Red teased, tongue sticking out between her teeth. "Get in. Drive. We gotta make a pit stop to mine first!"
Ashley let out a huff in exasperation but let the woman lead her to the car, and hopped in, turning the keys in the ignition. She just knew this was a bad idea. Damn that stupid kid, damn that stupid case, and damn this stupid nutter.

Stare in the darkness

I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff