If you're looking for beautiful seaside scenery, this is the place for you. Home to the world's largest collection of fishermen and fishing pets, this city is well known, as it provides much of Barakka's fish exports. You should try the famous Broiled Sea Scalla, it's delicious! (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Jawan, the Sea City

[Self/M:E] [I'll maybe think of a title...]

Postby SpringsSong » 09/25/2016 11:23 AM

For those that have followed my fangirlish writings with these two, these are modern-AU versions of these characters.
Gannayev "Gann" Darrinvale.  Half-elf form.

It had taken him some time to put everything together: the hors d'oeuvres, the three-course meal, the desserts, the drinks--everything was perfect.  He'd sent out the invitations to everyone he'd known lived in the area and wouldn't be adverse to that kind of a party.  However, about a week before the party, he'd heard that someone new had moved into the neighborhood--a young woman who was from an important family, living out on her own for the first time.  Figuring his invitation might be better received in person, he had dressed up in a decent-looking suit with gold accents and polished shoes.

The woman's estate wasn't that far away from his--it was down the street a couple of blocks, and on the opposite side of the street.  He'd walked over there and knocked on the door, and when it opened, he cleared his throat.

"Hello," he started, half-looking at the invitation in his hand.  "I'm hosting a party in a week's time at the estate just up the street, and I was hoping that you would consider attend--"

"Gann?"
Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this to see what's behind
Got no way to prove it, so maybe I'm lying
Take a look in the mirror, what do you see
Can you see it clearer, or are you deceived in what you believe?
Don't ask my opinion, don't ask me to lie
Then beg for forgiveness for making you cry
'cause I'm no prophet or Messiah
You should go looking somewhere higher

I'm only human, I make mistakes
I'm only human, I do what I can
I'm only human, that's all it takes to put the blame on me

Don't put the blame on me

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5883
Donate

Re: [Self/M:E] [I'll maybe think of a title...]

Postby SpringsSong » 09/25/2016 11:47 AM

Myselia Nyril.  Elf form.

The young man stopped when he heard his nickname spoken.  It had been years since anyone had called him that, and it had been even longer since the voice that had just spoken the nickname had been the one to speak it.  Even then, the voice that spoke the nickname was more mature than the voice he remembered speaking the nickname.  It was only then that he looked up to see who had answered the door--he'd fully been expecting a butler to answer the door, since it was a rather spacious estate--and he saw a woman standing there.  She was wearing a simple blue-and-silver sundress, and her hair was pulled back in a simple bun.

"Gann, what are you doing here?"

He couldn't tell what tone she was addressing him in.  On the one hand, she sounded surprised to see him.  On the other hand, she didn't sound too pleased to see him.  He could hardly blame her; the last time they had said good-bye had not been on the best of terms.

"I'm... inviting you to the party I'm hosting in a week, Myselia," he finally said.

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 09/25/2016 12:22 PM

"Look, I don't want to admit this either... but you're going to be going to a school a continent away, and I'll be in another school that's just as far away.  Our spheres are likely never going to intersect again," he'd said.  Myselia was in tears as she shook her head adamantly.

"I don't believe it," she said.  "I thought that we'd agreed that we'd work through anything that was thrown at us--even if it was being sent to different schools in different locations."

"Don't you see, Myselia?" he said before she could say anything else.  "Your mother and my uncle... they're sending us this far away from each other because they don't want us together.  They tried to arrange other matches for us when we told them that we were going to go to the dance together.  Staff from your mother's estate threatened me if I went to the dance with you, and your father also caught wind of it, and he didn't approve, either.  He sent one of his abominations after me."

"And you're going to go along with their stuffy way of how things should be done?" she'd asked, near tears.

"At least until we can both get away from them, Seli.  Once they're no longer hovering over our every move, we can get back together, I promise," he said.  Myselia had stared at him coldly.

"And you're sure that you'd still want me then, in twenty or thirty years?" she asked, her voice gaining an icy edge to it.  Before Gannayev could make a comeback, she had turned to the door, hand on the handle, and had already pulled it open.

"...I loved you, Gann," she said in a tear-riddled whisper.  "I didn't want to spend my life with anyone else.  I believed that we could find a way to get past the arranged matches, but it seems that you've made your decision."

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 09/25/2016 12:45 PM

"And what makes you think that I'd want to come to this little... soiree of yours?" Myselia asked, her voice gaining an icy tone.  Gann sighed as he shook his head, looking at her levelly before he answered.

"Look... I know that I'm probably one of the last people that you really want to see right now," he said finally.  "In fact, when our relationship ended all those years ago, I'm sure that you would have just as soon never seen me again.  But... I'm here now, and I want to make amends for what I said all those years ago."

"Nine years, eleven months, and twelve days," Myselia said after several minutes.

"Come again?" Gann said.

"It's been nine years, eleven months, and twelve days," Myselia said again.  "It's been three-thousand, six hundred and thirty-six days since we last saw each other.  Three-thousand, six hundred and thirty-six days since you broke my heart."

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 09/25/2016 12:57 PM

"You... has it really been that long?" Gann asked.  Myselia nodded, her arms folded ever so slightly as she regarded the man still standing just outside of her estate.

"To the day," she said.  "Father and Mother are both gone now--although not before they tried oh, so desperately to set me up with every suitor from here to Lamenolai.  I... I was stubborn about it, though.  None of them were..."

"...none of them were me," Gann ventured carefully, mentally preparing for her response.

"...exactly," she barely whispered.

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 09/25/2016 1:55 PM

Gann had barely heard her whispered response.  When it registered, however, he could only give her a look that could be described as somewhere between, "I can't believe I just heard that," and "I'm not sure I want to believe what I just heard".  It took him some time to recollect his thoughts as he cleared his throat.

"Come... come again?" he finally said, the surprise in his voice evident.  Myselia gave a sigh as she looked down for a few moments.

"They weren't you, all right?  There was another one that I'd met somewhere along the way, and he was a perfect gentleman--he made me feel like you made me feel; like I was his whole world, and he was mine.  Apparently, it was all just a huge freaking lie, and... it hurt," she said.  "It didn't hurt as much as the last day we saw each other, but... it hurt."

"Okay... I honestly have to say, I didn't expect that," Gann said after several minutes.  "But... you still haven't answered my question about the party."

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 09/25/2016 3:32 PM

"I'll need to think about it some, all right?" Myselia said.  "How long do I have to decide?"

"Until I leave," he said.  Myselia gave a slight mutter, and she stepped aside from the door and motioned for him to come in.

"Then perhaps I can stall you for a few minutes, and you can convince me as to why I should come to your soiree," she said.  Gann nodded and walked inside the estate, looking around the entryway of the estate.  He nodded after a few moments, clearly impressed.

"It's an impressive estate," he said after a few minutes.  "Was it left to you by...?"

"Begrudgingly," she said.  "It was actually left to my half-brother, but he gave it to me because he felt that I deserved more than what I had been given.  The executor of the estate was about to tell him that he couldn't, but he wouldn't take no for an answer."

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 10/05/2016 12:29 PM

"Vorraine and I always wished that we were full-siblings, and not just half-siblings.  When she sent Vorraine back to his father and his tribe in the north, I wanted to go with him; get away from this... stuffiness.  Besides, it... would've gotten me closer to you, but neither my mother nor my father would have any of it," she said.  "I almost managed it, too.  Vorraine and I were nearing the edge of town when the guards stopped us; said that Vorraine was the only one allowed to leave, and that I had to remain."

"You mean... you tried to head north so we could be closer, even when your mother and my uncle were against it?" Gann asked, and Myselia nodded.

"Vorraine saw how good we'd been for each other," Myselia said quietly.  "He wanted to get me closer to you so that we could try to live freely of my mother's social standing, and to maybe get you away from your uncle's.  I guess... he was a little too hopeful at the time."

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 10/17/2016 8:40 PM

"It would taste a lie to say that I didn't want to be with you, and that it didn't kill me to have that conversation with you that day," Gann said, sitting across from her in the parlor.  "It was one of the hardest things I had to do, and as I watched you leave... gods, I wanted to run after you and take it all back."

"I believe it," Myselia said after a few minutes, although she had not yet looked up from her hands, which were positioned on her lap.  "I wanted to say that it didn't sound like you... but there was something that held me back from saying that.  I think... some small part of me actually believed what you said, and didn't want to be hurt any further--not by my mother or your uncle, and not by you."

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 11/09/2016 1:47 PM

"Every day after that, I went to sleep with that look on your face burned into my mind," Gann said.  "I never meant to hurt you... you know that, right?" he asked, reaching forward to take Myselia's hands gingerly.  Myselia let him take her hands, and she sat there for a few minutes, with her hands in his.

"This... party of yours," Myselia asked, looking down slightly.  "What... what's the dress code?  I'd hate to show up and be either over or under-dressed."

"You're going to come, then?" Gann asked.

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 11/09/2016 5:09 PM

"I am... greatly considering it," Myselia said.  "I have not been a part of this community long, but attending such a function would serve as an introduction to them; show that I'm not some shut-in..." she said, trailing slightly.  "But, I need to know the dress code, and I hope that you realize that I will not have anyone accompanying me."

"Well... the attire is formal," Gann said.  "There will be dancing, after all.  There will be food, too, but..." he trailed when she mentioned that she would not have anyone accompanying her.  He shifted slightly, but he did not drop her hands.  Not yet, at least.

"Would you... consider attending as my personal guest?" he asked.

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 11/09/2016 5:40 PM

"Your... personal guest?" Myselia asked, tilting her head slightly in confusion--like she was not completely sure that she had heard him correctly.  When he nodded, Myselia had to sit back and think for several long minutes.  She withdrew her hands from his, and she frowned slightly.

"There is a part of me that... genuinely wants to say yes," Myselia said, looking down at her hands after several long minutes.  "It's louder than the part that's telling me to remember what you said all those years ago.  I... I want to give you that second chance, Gannayev," Myselia said, finally standing up.

"Then... I can expect to see you there?" Gann asked.  Myselia nodded.

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 11/09/2016 8:15 PM

"I will be there," Myselia said, rising from her seat.  "I still have a few dresses that would work for such an event."

"I'm glad that you'll be there, Seli," Gann said after a few minutes.  "These parties aren't really my favorite to hold, but... sadly, they are necessary."

"Believe me, I know," Myselia said.  "Mother made me attend these kinds of parties all the time... it was not a fun thing, especially when she made me dance at these parties.  I... feel like this may be a little bit more enjoyable, this time."

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 11/14/2016 1:31 PM

"Your mother made you dance?" Gann said, an note of surprise in his voice.  "As I recall, you weren't really fond of dancing."

"I'm not fond of dancing with people I hardly know," Myselia said.  "On the other hand, I'm not opposed to dancing with people that I do know.  It's... better if I'm fond of them, too," she added, the last part in a much lower voice, which Gann barely heard.

"Yes, a... mutual connection makes dancing with someone a little easier," he said, taking her hand and kissing it gently.  "Could... I see you before the party?" he asked.

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 11/16/2016 11:38 PM

"You mean, meet up before your soiree?" Myselia asked, shifting slightly in her place.  "I'm... part of me wants to say yes, and another part of me wants to say no.  There's also a part that's questioning everything... and it's the part that wants to know if seeing you before the party will lead to actually accompanying you at your party."

"If... it were to go that way?  What would you say to that?" Gann asked, and Myselia frowned as she looked down for a few minutes.

"It... I would need to think about it," Myselia said.  "It would honestly depend on how things went between now and then."

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Next