If you're looking for beautiful seaside scenery, this is the place for you. Home to the world's largest collection of fishermen and fishing pets, this city is well known, as it provides much of Barakka's fish exports. You should try the famous Broiled Sea Scalla, it's delicious! (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Jawan, the Sea City

Fickle Tidings [Self; DONE]

Postby Skeetzybug » 10/25/2016 11:53 PM

ImageImage
[OUT OF UNIVERSE // GUILD WARS UNIVERSE]

"Costumes and candies, tricks and treats! Isn’t this just so exciting?” Chatter echoed through the streets of Lion’s Arch, as loud as a battlefield this time of year, but still she could hear her brother’s lackluster reply.

“I guess.”

Ebony snorted, shaking her head as she continued stitching her project. Let her brother pout and complain all he wanted. She was excited for Halloween! She’d spent all week making her costume, awaiting the yearly return of the Mad King in Lion’s Arch. She couldn’t wait to see it for herself, and there was no way on Tyria that Ebonyria was going to be caught without a costume when she went!

He sleeps alone,
He needs no army where he's headed cause he knows
That they're just ghosts
And they can't hurt him if he can't see them
And I don't know
If in the morning I will be here and if so,
Let it be known
That I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was..
Imp Docs ☽☾ Zoo ☽☾ Wishlist
Skeetzybug
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 90
Donate

Re: Fickle Tiddings [Self]

Postby Skeetzybug » 10/25/2016 11:54 PM

It was a lot of work, this particular piece. Runeric had thought it to be too ambitious for a sprouting tailor, but hah! She had proven him wrong. Sure, the amount of pelts and feathers she’d gone through was no joke, and she felt a bit bad about that, but oh, the final result! She ran her hands over it, feeling through the silky soft wefts. She couldn’t admire the color, not with her own eyes, but she could savor the perfect, seamless feeling she’d managed to achieve. She held up the final piece, positively beaming.

“Rune, look! It’s perfect!” He didn’t respond immediately, and she waited, staring in his direction expectantly. “Well? Isn’t it?”

“Uh, yeah?” he answered, sounding a little unsure of what she actually wanted. “I mean that. Sure is an otter alright.”

He sleeps alone,
That they're just ghosts
And I don't know
Let it be known
That I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was..
Skeetzybug
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Skeetzybug » 10/25/2016 11:54 PM

“Runeric!” Ebony exclaimed, feeling absolutely taken aback. “It’s not just any otter - it’s the great spirit Otter herself!” She’d spent ages on the details, too - it was a stylized rendition of the spirit, not just some giant fur-covered thing. The main piece was a headdress, a mask of an otter’s face that came down to just over her eyes. It was made of dolyak fur and linens, stretching back into a colorful swirl of cloth and feathers that streamed down her back, ending in a piece like an otter’s tail. She had gloves adorned with claws, and her clothes, so much lighter than her armor, were all blues and silvers. She hoped that Otter was proud of her.

“Do you really believe in that hookah?” Trust her brother to always be the doubter.

He sleeps alone,
That they're just ghosts
And I don't know
Let it be known
That I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was..
Skeetzybug
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Skeetzybug » 10/25/2016 11:58 PM

“Of course!” she exclaimed, fingers carefully threading through cloth and feather as she set the headdress down in her lap. “How else would the Norn shamans transform like they do?” She’d seen them in battle herself, the already ferocious warriors raging in combat, their forms shifting and melting into that of beasts’. It was fantastic, the work of the Spirits. Runeric, however, did not seem moved. He merely shrugged, giving the edge of his bow another polish.

“The same way you cast ritual circles or I summon hawks,” he said, probably not even bothering to look up. “Magic isn’t exactly rare, you know.”

He sleeps alone,
That they're just ghosts
And I don't know
Let it be known
That I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was..
Skeetzybug
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Skeetzybug » 10/26/2016 12:04 AM

“Ugh, you’re so finicky.” It didn’t matter, really. He was going to stick to his way of things until he was proven wrong, she was sure of it. He took far too much from books and not enough from his heart. There were certain things in the world that you just had to feel. Maybe he’d understand one day. He was her twin, after all. “At least I made a costume.” She heard him sigh, and the sound of him running fingers through the foliage of his hair again.

“Why is that, again?” he asked, sounding unsure of if he wanted the answer. Ebony slammed her hands on the ground in answer.

He sleeps alone,
That they're just ghosts
And I don't know
Let it be known
That I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was..
Skeetzybug
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Skeetzybug » 10/26/2016 12:06 AM

“To get trick-or-treats!” she said, as if it were the simplest answer in the world. To be fair, it was pretty simple. The answer did not seem to satisfy her brother, though.

“We’re not children, Ebony.” He was so deadpan about it. She couldn’t believe how badly he was missing the entire point!

“Exactly!” Ebonyria threw her hands into the air, tipping back until she was laying on her back. Middle of the Crafter’s Terrace or not, she was going to get her point across. “We never got to be.” She sat up, hands thrown out dramatically in front of herself. “This is our chance to experience it!”

He sleeps alone,
That they're just ghosts
And I don't know
Let it be known
That I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was..
Skeetzybug
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Skeetzybug » 10/26/2016 12:12 AM

“I don’t… quite think it works like that.” His voice was still hesitant, but he was coming around. She could just tell. Maybe. Sort of. Still, she shrugged back at him, leaning onto her palms as she replied.

“Well, we won’t know until we try it, hmm?”

We?” Suddenly, he seemed to be paying a lot more attention. Funny how that worked.

“Yes,” she confirmed, pulling her large tailor’s pack to her side and digging through it. “Since you couldn’t be bothered to make a costume of your own, I had to do it for you.” With a flourish, she unrolled her work. She hadn't put nearly as much effort into this one, but she had at least tried to make it look nice in its simplicity.

He sleeps alone,
That they're just ghosts
And I don't know
Let it be known
That I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was..
Skeetzybug
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Skeetzybug » 10/26/2016 12:13 AM

“You made me Bear??” She could practically hear her brother’s displeasure, and she couldn’t help a little grin.

“No, of course not,” she said, laughing sweetly. “You’re a bear.” Her voice may have been saccharine, but her smile was steeped in satisfaction. “You can’t wear a spirit’s visage if you don’t believe in him.”

“Just. A bear?” Runeric didn’t sound like he believed her, but she smiled and nodded all the same, handing over the furry headpiece to her brother. "Just a plain old bear?"

"Yep. Just a plain old bear."

He sleeps alone,
That they're just ghosts
And I don't know
Let it be known
That I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was..
Skeetzybug
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Skeetzybug » 10/26/2016 12:22 AM

“...this is stupid.”

“It’s your own fault!” she chided, sitting back and folding her arms across her chest. “If you’d just told me what you really wanted when I asked, instead of all your ‘I don’t care’ talk, maybe you wouldn’t be a bear for Halloween.” Rune groaned, grumbling to himself and turning the headpiece over again in his hands.

“Do I really have to wear this?” Ah, drat.Ebony’s expression slowly faded into a thoughtful frown. He really did sound so displeased.

He sleeps alone,
That they're just ghosts
And I don't know
Let it be known
That I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was..
Skeetzybug
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Skeetzybug » 10/26/2016 12:23 AM

“...no,” she sighed, arms dropping back down to thread in her headdress. “If you really don’t want to.” She couldn’t keep the disappointment from her voice. Yeah, it had been a bit of a jibe at his disbelief in the spirits, sure, but she’d also really worked hard on it. She’d had to cut a couple details from her own costume just to get it done in time! Still, if it really made him that unhappy.

“Oh, why not?” She lifted her head at the sound of rustling fur and leather. Runeric gave a disgruntled sigh, but Ebony giggled as she reached out and touched the soft feeling of the makeshift bear’s nose. “There, you happy?”

“Immensely,” Ebony hummed, carefully slipping on her own piece and getting to her feet. “Now come on! It’s almost midnight. The Mad King will arrive soon!” As she grabbed her brother’s hand and began to lead him towards the Grand Plazza, she felt a cold gust of wind stir the edges of her braids. A gentle laughter echoed in her ears, and Ebonyria smiled.

Happy Halloween to you too, Otter.

He sleeps alone,
That they're just ghosts
And I don't know
Let it be known
That I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was..