If you're looking for beautiful seaside scenery, this is the place for you. Home to the world's largest collection of fishermen and fishing pets, this city is well known, as it provides much of Barakka's fish exports. You should try the famous Broiled Sea Scalla, it's delicious! (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Jawan, the Sea City

High School Cliche (Phoenix and I)(M - L)

Postby Jedi » 11/15/2016 6:17 PM

Maria Brookes

Thump. All I could hear was the thumping of my heart. Thump. Seconds seem like hours as I wait for the start. The tiles beneath my feet steal the warmth from my feet. When I hear the shot fired, I immediately dart into the water. With every stroke, I push farther and farther. As I finally reach the end of the path, I push back against the wall. Within seconds, it's over. I pull myself out of the pool, waiting to hear from my coach. "How did I do?" I ask him. "You did great," he tells me. "Second place." I look over, trying to hold back the glares behind my smile. Just two down from me is my arch rival, Jana Matthews. Every time I try to get first, she snatches it from me. I try to look away, staring at the jocks in the gym, or the rejects smoking under the bleachers.

Like a mighty wind that bends the trees
We are strong
United
Mates

Imp. Docs - Zoo Pen - Wishlist
Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 22
Donate

Re: High School Cliche (Phoenix and I)(M - L)

Postby Kitsumi » 11/15/2016 6:26 PM

Luka

The teenager smirked as he opened one of the lockers without a padlock and found what he had been looking for. "Jackpot," he whispered, as he gathered up the clothing. He had hoped to take the clothing of all the swimmers, leaving them to attend class in their swimsuits, but everyone had remembered to secure their lockers. At least, everyone except for this poor girl.

With the clothing in hand, Luka quickly darted out of the girl's locker room. The freshman that he had promised twenty bucks to stand watch nodded to him. "All clear. Can I get my money now?"

"Money?" Luka laughed. "You seriously thought I was going to actually pay you? Get out of here, kid." He raised a warning finger. "And don't try running to the teachers. You'll only be incriminating yourself." The kid looked pissed, but he left without any argument aside from the expletive he muttered under his breath.

like sunlight shining through the leaves
we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Pen :: Wishlist ::Breeders :: Docs :: Rentals :: Journal
Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 7109
Donate

Postby Jedi » 11/15/2016 6:47 PM

When I get back to my locker, I find it to be empty. "What the fu-" I stop myself before I slip out an obscenity. It seems that someone's stolen my clothes. Now I have nothing to wear home. Not only that, someone's also stolen my phone and keys. I have nothing to wear and no one to contact. I can't go to class in my swimsuit. I think the only thing I can do is sneak out of school. But how do I do that without getting caught by the hall monitors?

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 11/19/2016 6:27 PM

Leaning against a locker, Luka continued to casually glance towards the girls' locker room. He had hidden the clothing behind the garbage can outside of the cafeteria. The cell phone and car keys, he had turned into the office, claiming to have found them in the parking lot. He may be a prankster, but he wasn't a thief...at least, not yet.

Now he just waited to see who the unfortunate girl would be. He should have taken a look in the wallet for ID so he at least knew who he was playing a prank on. But he hadn't thought about that in time, and it would be incredibly suspicious for him to go back into the office and ask to take another look at the wallet now. Besides, he wanted to stay and watch the fun anyways.

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 11/19/2016 6:43 PM

I cracked the door open enough to peek my head through. Looking both ways, I'm thankful to see that the hallway was currently empty. Opening it as slowly as I can, careful to not make any noise, I sneaked out and down the hall, making my way for one of the school's exits. With any luck, I might make it before-

RIIIIIIING!

Before I can complete my thought, the bell rang out, signalling the end of the first class period. Students would start flooding the halls within seconds. "Shit!" I open a door that I'd assumed was a janitors closet. But when I hear the gasps and laughter, I know that wasn't the closet. I turn to meet the gaze of the Junior's Physics class as they were about to exit the room. "Maria?" the teacher said when she realized who I am. "Yes, Mrs. Langley?" I ask her. "Detention," she says, to which I reply, "yes, Mrs. Langley."

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 11/19/2016 6:53 PM

So preoccupied was Luka with watching the door to the girls' locker room, that he didn't notice a teacher coming up behind him. It wasn't until he heard his name spoken in a loud voice that he turned around, rolling his eyes as he did so.

"Do you have a hall pass?" the teacher asked him.

Luka let out a loud sigh. "Seriously? Come on, there's like a minute left until this class ends. Can't you just let this slide, just this once?" He was itching to turn back towards the locker room, but knew he couldn't until the teacher left.

The teacher frowned down at him. "Don't talk to me like that, Luka." Even before he said the words, the boy knew what was about to happen. "I'm giving you a detention. Let's see you try to talk your way out of that." With that said, he turned and began to walk away, just as the bell rang.

Spinning around, Luka looked towards the locker room. To his disappointment, there was a set of wet footprints leading away. Whoever the target of his prank was, she was already gone.

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 11/19/2016 7:02 PM

While I'm grateful that they provided clothes for me to change into, I wish they had something more my size. This shirt was a bit oversized on me, so it's a bit sagging. Obviously, I put it on over my swimsuit, as I didn't have a bra to wear. I may have just shown my swimsuit to a whole class, but I wasn't willing to show anymore. The shorts were a bit big also, but they at least came with a string through the elastic to tie at the waist. That should keep them from falling off.

When I got to the math class where detention was held, I found myself to be the first to arrive. I had brought my homework with me so I had something to do in the meantime. When I sat down, I got it out immediately to start working on it.

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 11/19/2016 7:15 PM

When school was over, Luka took his own sweet time heading to the classroom where detention would be held. He had no homework - none he was willing to work on, at least - so when he finally came to the classroom, he came empty-handed. One girl was already there, it seemed - a young woman in baggy clothing that seemed at least a size or two big. In some spots, the clothing seemed...wet? Wait a minute...

Luka smirked as he realized that this must have been the girl he had pranked. The clothing she was wearing definitely wasn't what he had stolen, so she had probably borrowed something and worn it right over her swimsuit, hence the wet spots. The boy couldn't believe his luck. He may have missed the best part, but at least now he could try to figure out how the girl had reacted to his little prank.

The boy was still smiling as he slid into his seat, the one directly next to the girl. "What's a goody-two-shoes like you doing in detention?" he asked.

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 11/19/2016 7:33 PM

I'm almost done with my homework. All I have left is one more page of pre-calculus to finish. Question one. If- Before I can even get started on the first problem, I hear a voice to my right. Who could that possibly be? I try to ignore him, but my curiosity leads me to gaze up from my work. It's one of the school rejects. Luke? Lucas? I don't remember his name exactly, but I don't really care to. "What's it to you? Besides can't you see I'm trying to work here?" I get started on the problem again, but I can just tell that he's going to distract me again. That and he's thrown off my train of thought.

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 11/19/2016 7:40 PM

Grinning like a cheshire cat, Luka leaned close to the girl. He could tell that he was irritating her, and it only encouraged him. He had always enjoyed getting a rise out of people. And this girl - probably a straight A student, always focused and holding herself to high standards - seemed to be an easy target.

"Aw, don't be like that," he said. "I'm just trying to start a conversation. What, are your grades so important that you don't even have time to make new friends?" He held a hand to his chest, feigning pain. "And here I was hoping that we could make each other Best Friend Forever bracelets or something. Maybe braid each other's hair? Ooh, what color would look good on my nails?" He wiggled his fingers in her face playfully.

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 11/22/2016 6:36 PM

I wanted to respond to him, maybe try to get him to leave me alone. But my parents taught me better than that. I'll just sit here, patiently waiting for him to leave me alone. If only he'd just shut his trap.

It's when he puts his hand in my face that I finally snap. Gripping his fingers tightly and throwing them away, I begin yelling at him. "Will you just leave me the fuck alone?" That's when the teacher walks in. "MARIA!" With my luck, Mrs. Langley is monitoring detention. I duck my head down, knowing what she's about to say. "Detention tomorrow!" Aggravated by myself mostly, I answer her softly. "Yes, Mrs. Langley."

I really hate this guy!

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 12/07/2016 1:19 PM

It hadn't been Luka's intention for the other student to be caught by the teacher...again. It was pretty hilarious to him, and he had to hold back his laughter or else the teacher would probably give him another detention as well.

He had to admit, it had been fun getting a rise out of the girl. She seemed like the calm, studious type. They were always the most fun to annoy. They could sometimes be difficult to crack, but when you finally did get to them, they exploded. Did Luka feel guilty to have gotten her a second detention? Maybe. He might have been feeling just the slightest hint of remorse...but not enough to regret what he had done.

Now, he quickly jotted down the words, "U mad, bro?" on a piece of paper, stealthily passing it to the girl. He wondered if she would even bother to read it.

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 12/09/2016 9:59 PM

Trying to keep from getting a third detention, I turn my attention back to my work. When I'm about halfway through the last page, the asshole next to me slides me a piece of paper. I glance over it and find myself scoffing at it. Scribbling a couple words on it helps me to let out some of my frustration. I slide it back over to him, using my middle finger for emphasis. Hopefully the big 'Fuck You' I wrote will get him to leave me alone.

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate