If you're looking for beautiful seaside scenery, this is the place for you. Home to the world's largest collection of fishermen and fishing pets, this city is well known, as it provides much of Barakka's fish exports. You should try the famous Broiled Sea Scalla, it's delicious! (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Jawan, the Sea City

Re: Praise the Gods of Rock N Roll! {Private; M:S,D,L}

Postby Night » 01/01/2017 4:19 AM

Alexander Fisher absolutely loved his job. It was an odd thought to have, given that he was basically the glorified version of a food delivery person. There was no denying the fact that working in the music business had its perks, though, and he couldn't help but feel as though his unique position offered a few more perks than most. Like immortality. He was willing to waste a bit of time every day making sure that his charge at least kept up appearances if it granted him eons of the high life. That he worked for his best friend was just the sweet icing on the cake.

The studio had called the both of them in for a meeting early this morning, along with the rest of their band and crew. When lunch time came and went, and it became clear that the label wasn't going to let them out of the meeting pressuring for a new album any time in the near future, Fisher had slipped away to "go and grab lunch." Really, he just hadn't been able to stand another minute of boring corporate bullshit trying to wrap its grimy claws over their business. Amp had shot him a knowing look as he jotted down their orders but allowed him to escape. There was no reason they should both suffer.

The restaurant was fairly new and far enough on the other side of town that he didn't feel bad taking his time to get there. With any luck they would be finished with their business by the time he got back with "lunch," and they would be able to leave.

He wasn't going to hold his breath or cross his fingers.
Night
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Keystones: 511
Donate
Location: Come to Crystal Palace on Forbidden Mountain in next 25 mins if you want to fight

Postby Mojave » 01/01/2017 8:46 PM

Calahan Zeek had gotten the job at Third Eye Productions mostly by chance and with a joke. He'd applied despite being almost certain he wouldn't get it, and when he was called back for the interview, he'd managed to make the hiring manager laugh with a casual joke. He'd been given a chance to prove he could handle the job and after his probationary period he'd been hired on permanently.

He and Diego had been friends since they were in school, so he felt confident that he knew Diego better than the guy knew himself sometimes. Then again, his friend was pretty dense at times so perhaps that wasn't much to brag about. Honestly there were times that a complete stranger understood him better than Diego knew or even wanted to acknowledge. And after last night's phone call, Cal was back on the old argument that maybe Diego wasn't as straight as he proclaimed to be. Of course, since it was a public place, they kept their volume down so neighboring tables couldn't really hear them.

"I'm just saying-" He was interrupted by Diego and Cal sighed in exasperation, "And I'M saying if I wanted to see what the other team's like I'd have taken you up on your offer all those years ago."

Cal almost laughed at this, but he did shake his head. "Ah, that. Look, just because you're not attracted to me doesn't mean you're not attracted to other guys. And honestly, can you look me in the face and tell me you've ever been in love with a girl?"

Diego crossed his arms and glared at his almost empty plate. "Just means I haven't found the one for me."

Cal stared at Diego sadly. He remembered the first time Diego had ever expressed curiosity about other sexualities. If the younger Diego had asked anyone else, things could have gone better for the youth. But Diego had asked his super conservative parents who in turn reacted harshly. The usual "abomination", "disgusting", "unnatural" and other religious crocks of shit had been shoved down the impressionable youngster's throat and from that point on, Diego had never voiced any further curiosity. It was years later that Cal "came out" to Diego and confessed that he'd always liked him. By that time, Diego had long since realized his parents weren't always right and he'd stood by Cal when others hadn't been so accepting.

Despite how accepting Diego was when it came to how other people lived their lives, Cal was certain that Diego's parents' reactions kept him from any further self-examination. After all, there was Diego's fashion sense, the fact that he flirted with anyone and everything, how flustered he got when accused of being anything other than heterosexual or if a guy came onto him, and if Cal wanted to just be blunt, his 'gay-dar' all but screamed when he was around Diego.

Cal sighed and looked around the restaurant to let Diego settle down. He needn't have bothered because as the silence stretched out for more than five seconds, Diego cleared his throat. "I'll be right back." He got up and headed to the restrooms. As Cal watched Diego head across the restaurant, he saw someone familiar and he couldn't help the grin that split his face. He waved at Alexander to invite him over.
Pen . Docs . Sales . Wishes . About . RP Records . Journal . DA . FR
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 584
Donate

Postby Night » 01/06/2017 3:16 AM

Fisher handed over one of Amp's debit cards to pay for their meals and began stacking the to-go containers into the bag the cashier handed him. It wasn't his money, so he didn't feel particularly bad about leaving a generous tip. It wasn't as though Amp would likely care. Or notice. He was bracing himself against the long walk back, debating between catching a cab to save his shoes a bit of wear or just walking to prolong his absence, when he noticed a familiar face waving him over to a table. He smiled and nodded his head, stowing away the card and grabbing their food before heading over.

"How'd you manage to escape the borefest going on at the studio?" He asked by way of greeting. He flopped gracelessly into the vacant chair across from Cal. Still warm. "You on a date or something, Zeek?" Perhaps he had been worming his way through the music scene for too long; it seemed that his "boss's" casual mannerisms had rubbed off. Still, he paired the comment with a cheeky grin that was all together unlike the man he worked for, a small bit of playful kindness seeping through the edges. "Don't tell me you got walked out on."

Banter aside, an idea rolled unbidden through his head. Amp had said that the guy he'd met yesterday had been at the studio to see Cal, so clearly he had some sort of relationship with the man. Fisher settled his bag on the floor between his feet and leaned forward until his elbows rested on the table. He had questions, of course, but he just wasn't sure how to politely go about asking them. There was no good way to suggest that someone's friend was a prude while simultaneously threatening them with life and limb should they screw with his best friend.

Though, he supposed that Amp was more than capable of handling himself. There was something to be said for an abnormal adoration for the sketchy parts of town and it's ability to teach one how to manage a bad situation. Plus, you know, the whole immortal god thing. Somehow, even after eons in his service, it always seemed to occur to him well into a night spent worrying that his friend was definitely not heartbreak and icecream material.

"So hey, while I have you here, I had a question - if you're not too busy?" Couldn't hurt to at least skulk out a bit of information...
Night
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate
Location: Come to Crystal Palace on Forbidden Mountain in next 25 mins if you want to fight

Postby Mojave » 01/06/2017 10:36 PM

Cal watched Fisher bag the food he'd purchased and head over. Being the receptionist helped Cal get to know pretty much everyone who had business with the label. Between phone calls and speaking in person, Cal had a friendly relationship with Fisher, though he would't go so far as to call them friends. Honestly, he was a little surprised that he had agreed to come over.

Cal had a feeling Amp may have said something to Fisher about his run-in with Diego. If that was the case, was Fisher coming to do bro-con -ask questions about Cal's friend to see how worthy Diego was of Amp's attention? It was a funny thought, but he dismissed it. Surely Fisher wouldn't be so invested in Amp's personal life. And then there was the meeting that was going on. If he was here to buy lunch, why wasn't he making his way back pronto before the food got cold? He wasn't privy to the extent of Fisher and Amp's relationship but Cal thought it odd that an assistant, regardless of personal friendship, would be so casual in his duties. Were the two of them lovers and that gave Fisher some extra license? And if so, why was Amp going after Diego? Cal inwardly scowled, though he kept his face neutral. If Amp was seeking to two-time his lover with Diego, Cal would have to say something, his job and the label be damned.

"I'm just the receptionist, remember? And the front doors are locked between twelve and two for lunch so I'm here with Diego. So no, not a date and I haven't been walked out on. He's just in the bathroom." Cal smiled sweetly in response to Fisher's cheeky grin.

As the other man leaned forward, Cal leaned back in his seat, picking up his glass to finish his wine. It was the only alcohol he'd be consuming for now since he did have to go back to work. He watched Fisher deliberate, wondering what the man would have to say.

"Well, Diego is on his way back." Cal said, looking in the direction his friend had gone earlier. "So if it's a quick one, sure. Otherwise, I'll be back at the office at 1:45."
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Night » 01/07/2017 3:28 AM

Fisher's eyes flickered towards the bathrooms and then back to Cal across the table. "Diego, huh? And not a date? So you guys aren't...?" This straight forward approach was honestly more Amp's method than it was his own, but he just wasn't sure how else to ask. They evidentially didn't have a lot of time for him to take a more round about route through the conversation. "I'm not asking for me, of course. I mean, not that I wouldn't! Or, well. No. I wouldn't. But not because of Diego, because of Amp! Because..." He scrubbed his hand over his face, sighing.

"I'm sorry, this isn't how I intended to play out this conversation. Maybe we can chat whenever you get back to work? I don't actually need to be in the meeting, I just got dragged along." Fisher seriously needed to work on his social cues. "So we'll both have time. Unless you're going to be really busy when you get back, and... Fuck, I'm rambling. I'm sorry." So much for playing the menacing friend card; he'd be lucky if Diego talked to Amp at all after how badly he'd screwed up this conversation, because he had little doubt that it would be relayed along. Amp was never going to let him live this one down. They had literally an eternity and he was going to get the piss taken out of him for all of it.

"Look, sorry for interrupting your lunch. I'll swing by your desk when you get back? I really need to get back to the studio and bring the guys their food." He made an abortive gesture towards the bag at his feet. "Have a good lunch!"

And with that he was out the door. So much for being that cool guy that gets to hang out with rockstars for a living.
Night
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mojave » 01/07/2017 4:24 AM

Cal watched Fisher as his eyes leapt toward the bathrooms and Diego's approaching figure. At the awkward question, Cal's smile turned from sweet to something sad yet resigned. His brow quirked as Fisher continued, stumbling over himself.

Cal would have been happy to reassure the man, but he was gone and out the door before Diego arrived back at the table. "Who was that?" Diego asked as he sat back down in his chair. "Someone from work." Cal replied easily. He had no intention of talking to Diego about anything Fisher said until he heard Amp's assistant out properly. "I actually need to get back to work, sorry." He said, placing his share of the check on the table in cash. Diego watched him go, finishing his drink leisurely. He didn't have anywhere to be and since he was still hungry and had some more money to blow, he decided to stay for more food. The place really was amazing.

Back at work, Cal arrived fifteen minutes earlier than he'd told Fisher. He checked his messages and emails, but there wasn't anything waiting for him. He decided to go looking for Fisher, so headed upstairs to the lounge by the conference room Amp was bound to be in.
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Night » 01/09/2017 12:06 AM

Fisher managed to make it back before the food got cold - whether it could be marked down as some sort of supernatural occurrence or simply a miracle he couldn't be sure. Their manager was still holding court in the meeting room, poised up at the head of the table and studiously ignoring Alex as he slipped soundlessly into the room. He'd noticed that was quite a trend in the business - the musicians and the CEOs were worth your attention, but few actually seemed to lower themselves down to talk to the help. He'd been surprised about it when he had first started, before he realized the music industry wasn't all that different than any other business. They were there to make money just like every other suit-jockey out there.

Amp, along with the rest of the band, seemed delighted at his return at least. He distributed the to-go containers and made his excuses to duck back out before he was wrapped up in yet another discussion about the benefits of different sorts of distortion amplifiers. He nearly jumped out of his own skin when he rounded the corner and ran directly into Cal.

"Oh! Hey." A light blush covered his cheeks. "I was just coming to apologize about your lunch again, and see if you were too busy to have that chat..." He shoved a hand through his hair, smoothing it down in a nervous gesture. He'd already royally screwed up this conversation once; he didn't know how eager he was to make a second run at it. "I think the downstairs conference room is free?"
Night
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mojave » 01/09/2017 12:38 AM

He was relieved to run into Fisher, since Cal honestly didn't want to search the entire building for him. "Hey." he said casually, noting that Fisher was still flustered. "You don't need to apologize and I am indeed free until the front doors open back up." He paused, wondering if he should reassure the guy some more, but decided that could wait. After all, he didn't know what Fisher had to say to him, other than the conversation was indeed about Diego. Considering the conversation could go either direction, Cal decided to stay professional until they were alone. Then, after Fisher said his piece, then he'd know how to react to the man.

"That sounds fine to me." He nodded at the suggestion of the downstairs conference room and turned to lead the way. He hoped by the time they got there, Fisher would have composed himself a little better. With the elevators it was only a few minutes before they were safely ensconced in the normally locked room. Being the receptionist had it's perks, for one thing he knew the codes to unlock any room he needed.

"So, what did you want to talk about?" Cal asked in a tone as if he were asking about the weather. He hoped it would help settle any jitters or whatever Fisher may still have. He also hoped to show that while he understood the conversation back at the restaurant had been about Diego, Fisher had an opportunity to pretend that never happened and start over with a fresh slate. Ultimately, he wanted Fisher to understand he could relax and just talk to him.
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Night » 01/10/2017 1:57 AM

Fisher shuffled after Cal towards the conference room, his hands stuffed as far into his jacket pockets as he could manage and his eyes cast down towards the floor. The door shut behind him and he leaned back against it, both to keep others from entering after them and to allow his own quick escape should the situation call for it.

He quirked a tiny smile at Cal's offer to start this conversation over. "I just wanted to ask if I should tell Amp to back off. You know, if Diego was seeing anyone, or something." He'd had ample time to rehearse this in his mind on the way back to the studio. He went over it again in his head while he spoke. "And, you know, I need to make sure he's not like... some kind of murderer or anything." He felt better for having said his piece. Fisher felt his posture relax, slumping back against the wood of the door until the handle dug painfully into his lower back.

Amp would kill him for trying to run interference, and for royally fucking it up the first go around. But there was an ever-present fear in the back of his mind; not for Amp, but for himself and the others like them. They did their best to remain fairly well hidden in these modern times, and all it took was one wrong person getting a little too close to ruin the entire charade. There wasn't a lot that could be done to actually hurt them, but they could definitely be exploited for the wrong reasons...
Night
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mojave » 01/10/2017 2:23 AM

Since Fisher remained standing, Cal leaned against the conference table, hands supporting his weight. He was relieved to see he had settled down a little and chuckled at the questions.

"Past one night stands, no, Diego isn't involved with anyone in a serious manner." Cal shook his head, relaxing. He had been worried that Fisher would be aggressive and insist that Diego stay away from Amp. It was kinda sweet that Fisher was coming to him to ask about his friend/boss's latest interest. "And, don't get me wrong, I love the guy like a brother, but he's a bit too dense to be psycopath. He's vain and he's easily exciteable, but he's rarely violent. As for if Amp should back off, that really depends on his motives."

Cal hopped up to sit on the table, still facing Fisher and his demeanor changed from relaxed to serious. He debated just how much to tell Fisher. "Diego said he turned Amp down. So I'm a little surprised that you're asking me anything at all, honestly. Is your friend still interested? I would have figured that would have been the end of it."
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Night » 01/10/2017 2:55 AM

He remained silent for a moment, soaking in what Cal had said before giving a small nod. "Okay. I just wanted to make sure that Amp wasn't going to be unknowingly stepping on toes, or anything." He explained. Fisher crossed his arms over his chest, creating a small barrier between the two of them as though it would shield him from his own social awkwardness.

"You've worked with him - you know how he is." He shifted beneath Cal's questioning, clearly uncomfortable. "I don't think he'll do anything that Diego doesn't want him to, of course, I just know he can be a little... pushy, when he finds something that he wants, and I don't necessarily know that a one time "no" means that it's always going to be like that, you know?" He replied slowly. "It's a little out of character for Amp to actively go on pursuit, and I just wanted to make sure that he wasn't getting himself in over his head." Or something. Fisher questioned his own motives for bringing this up with Cal. Though, to be fair, the other man had yet to laugh at him or yell or any of the many other things he could have done when the topic was broached, so he supposed that he was in the clear.

Fisher finally settled his hands by his sides, slouching into a seat at the table and leaning back so that Cal was still in his sights. "I don't know, dude. I just want to make sure that Diego's alright." He smiled. "I don't want to be stuck hanging out with a douchebag all the time just because Amp's decided he wants in his pants." He admitted finally.
Night
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mojave » 01/10/2017 4:32 AM

While it was true that Cal had worked around Amp, he'd never really worked closely with him. It was more making sure the star of the label was comfortable or letting the producers and such know he'd arrived. Most of his interactions with Amp's crew was with Fisher. But that hadn't prevented Cal from getting an idea of the rockstar's personality or stopped him from hearing rumors. He preferred not to listen to office gossip though, since he personally thought the guy could be a blast in the right environment. He let Fisher have the stage until he sat down and finsihed speaking.

"Not closely or long enough that I know him like you do." Cal retorted. "I'm just a receptionist; my interactions are more 'can I get you anything while you wait?' or 'I'll tell so-and-so you've arrived.'. You said he won't do anything Diego doesn't want to do, I'm taking that to mean he won't rape the guy which is super. But what exactly is 'a little pushy'? Diego's never been with a man, so I doubt his answer is going to change. Though I have encouraged him to try it, so I won't say that I'm adverse to Amp attempting to storm the castle. So long as Diego doesn't get swept up in delusions and then get his heart broken. You say you're worried about Amp getting in over his head? I'm worried about Diego being played only to be cast aside as Amp's garbage once he's had his fun."

He stopped to sigh. "Some people have accused Diego of being a douche, but I don't find him to be that way. You'll have to decide that on your own, I guess. Regardless, I just want Amp to be upfront with Diego about what he wants if it's a one time deal, a fling that lasts a while, or whatever." He doubted the rockstar was in the market for a steady relationship so didn't mention it outright. "Was there anything else on your mind?"
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Night » 07/09/2017 1:54 AM

The wall that he had built around himself - at least when it came to social interaction - prevented him from really voicing what he wanted to. Mostly that he was much more worried about whether Amp wasn't going to break Diego's heart. It was nothing against Diego, it was just very out of character of the god to go about actively pursuing someone. If Amp had his heart broken, well...

He wasn't entirely sure that it would be good. For anyone. There was something to be said for an almighty wrath and a near invulnerability that didn't bode well for the future of anyone who wasn't either of those things. He couldn't really say anything like that to Cal, though.

"I can't really tell you that Diego wouldn't be taking a risk with Amp." He answered finally, doing his best to push something akin to response out. "But if he wants a one off, then he'll definitely tell him. Amp has always been good at establishing his boundaries, even if he likes to toe the ones others lay down."

He shook his head when Cal asked if anything else was bother him. "No. I really have to get back to the studio - bring everyone their lunch and such." It was a poor excuse, considering he was well aware that no one would actively miss him and he was only bringing Amp his lunch with little regard for anyone else. But he didn't have to let that on. "It was nice talking with you, Cal. Hope you enjoy your lunch!" And he was out the door before any response could be made.

Fisher was really going to have to work on his social interactions.
Night
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mojave » 07/09/2017 2:11 AM

Cal watched Fisher leave without response. What could he say, after all? The idea that Amp could have his heart broken was a shocker in itself. Not that Cal believed he was a soulless bastard, but from what he did know about the guy, anything more than a one night stand was completely unexpected. Then there was the fact that Diego was a clam. Since the fiasco with his parents, Cal's best friend had never opened up to anyone other than himself and Haru- Cal's adopted mother and Diego's aunt. He foresaw a lot of issues between the two stemming from Amp's constant need to be praised and given attention and Diego's inability to express himself. Even if Amp did want something more steady than one night, and if Diego developed feelings for the rockstar, would his friend be able to give Amp what he needed? And could Amp help Diego overcome his fears of ridicule and rejection?

Calahan sighed in frustration. He shouldn't even be thinking of such things. Besides, what could he do right now? Diego had said no, after all, so there wasn't any point in stressing himself out. Maybe nothing would happen and everyone could go about their merry lives without some huge Titanic-sized drama boat wrecking everything.

...One week later...

The tiny bathroom was barely big enough for both of them to fit inside, the tight space forcing Diego to remain pressed against Amp. But that was fine, in his current state, he was dizzy from the unexpected pleasure of their naked bodies brushing together. Part of his brain was aware of his physical changes and screaming for him to ensure his secret wasn't exposed. However, the majority of his focus was exploring the body beneath his hands and the instinct to protect himself was drowned out by the stronger urge to fuck.

When Amp touched his engorged state, he shuddered as the powerful waves of ecstasy stabbed like hot daggers deep in his gut. He was too distracted at first to notice that Amp wanted him to turn around, but complied willingly enough despite his uncertainties and reluctance to stop. He had a vague idea how two men fucked, but had never looked into it or asked for anything more than 'someone takes it up the ass'. However, instead of being scared or disgusted, Diego felt a thrill of excitement. Maybe it was the thrill of something new, but he wasn't mentally sound enough to examine the cause of this feeling, let alone be worried about it. Goosebumps rose along his flesh where Amp trailed his hand as Diego turned, a low growl emanating from his throat that almost turned into a purr.
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Night » 10/02/2017 4:49 AM

The ghost of pleasure pressed against his skin, radiating off of Diego like sweet scented soap and going straight to his head. There were certain perks to someone of his position, and that little ghost of emotion was one of his favorite. It almost made it worth it to just get Diego worked up without any reciprocal action. Almost. He sighed as Diego finally started touching him, pressing himself more fully against the taller man and giving himself in without thought.

Amp's mind supplied all the ways that they could continue into a more compromising position given their relatively small space. Diego seemed more than willing to comply with wherever he led. He reluctantly broke away just enough to allow Diego to turn around, crowding immediately back against his ass and grinding his hips forward. Diego was effectively pinned against the wall by his weight - precisely where Amp wanted him. Amp was certainly a fan of the other man's forethought that found them naked already. He gave pause for long enough to appreciate the lean curve of Diego's back, follow it down to where it met the curve of his ass and Amp's own erection nestled between the cheeks. He ran his fingers down Diego's spine, appreciating, and then turned to look for something to use to ease things along.

"Do you have any lube? Lotion, soap, anything?" He questioned, breathless.
Night
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext