If you're looking for beautiful seaside scenery, this is the place for you. Home to the world's largest collection of fishermen and fishing pets, this city is well known, as it provides much of Barakka's fish exports. You should try the famous Broiled Sea Scalla, it's delicious! (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Jawan, the Sea City

Praise the Gods of Rock N Roll! {CLOSED; M:S,D,L}

Postby Mojave » 12/29/2016 2:28 AM

Diego

Despite his lack of fortune in getting signed with any labels, Diego was hoping the beautiful, sunny weather today was a good omen. Even if he didn't get signed, he still had that open mic event tonight and there had been rumors that scouts would be there. Please, whatever gods of rock and roll exist, please let this be the day things change for the better. He silently prayed, though he highly doubted there were any gods of any particular music or that any of them would take an interest in him.

He stood outside the label one of his friends worked at and took a steadying breath. He took a moment to make sure his hair was messily rumpled by running his hand carelessly through it again and made sure there wasn't any dirt on his clothes. He was wearing a beige sleeveless v-neck shirt that fit a little loosely but tight enough the shape of his body underneath was still visible, the bottom of the v sitting directly between his toned pectorals. The bottom of the shirt was tight, meant to cling to the body so the shirt looked like it was tucked into his pants, the loose part of the fabric rucked around his hips.Around his throat he wore a necklace looped around his neck several times to appear as if he was wearing several, a feather charm dangling just below the neckline of the top.  His leather pants had pseudo-pockets down the legs and were accented by a red leather belt with raised metal squares stapled down it's length. To complete the ensemble, he wore men's boots with a slight heel, the toes tapering to a fashionable thin square. There were no visible brands on any of his clothes, but he still felt presentable.

Once inside, he looked for his friend at his usual spot at the receptionist desk. All he saw was some guy that was vaguely familiar. He felt he should know who he was, but he couldn't explain why. I guess Cal's off today? He thought to himself, though he could have sworn the man had said he'd be here today. He squared his shoulders and approached the desk.

"Excuse me, is Cal here today? I was coming by to drop something off." He pulled his cd out of his messenger bag, though he held it loosely by his side instead of offering it to the familiar looking stranger. Though he tried to appear professional and polite, he'd been told numerous times he had a naturally flirtatious demeanor and that his mismatched eyes always seemed to be undressing whoever he was looking at. He hoped he was doing well keeping a non-flirtatious expression on his face at the moment, though he hadn't exactly had his features cast in his 'for strangers' face when he'd come in.
Pen . Docs . Sales . Wishes . About . RP Records . Journal . DA . FR
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 584
Donate

Re: Praise the Gods of Rock N Roll! {Private; M:S,D,L}

Postby Night » 12/29/2016 3:05 AM

The man sitting at what was presumably 'Cal's desk' was only sitting in the barest sense of the word. Slumped would probably be much more accurate. Perhaps even sprawled. His worn red converse were resting neatly in the center of what was more than likely a stack of important paperwork, and he was settled far enough down in the computer chair that the back of his head was leaned against the top of the chair. His dark hair, while cut stylishly, was unruly at best, giving the impression that he had only recently gotten out of bed and likely wasn't alone when he had gotten into it.

The general 'fuck off' persona was completed by a black leather jacket and crossed arms. If it weren't for the lazy way that the man rolled his head to follow Diego's traipse across the room to the desk, he almost could have been mistaken for napping.

Amp quirked an eyebrow up, somehow managing to smirk and convey an infinite boredom within the same expression. "Never heard of him." Which could have been true, save for the nameplate which clearly displayed the aforementioned person's name parked at the edge of the desk. "You sure you got the right place, kid?"

Blue eyes trailed from Diego's shoes to the man's face, and a small spark of interest finally lit. He huffed, slipping his feet from the surface of the desk and leaning forward so that he could take the other man in more fully. "Maybe I can fix you up." He purred. There was a flash of white teeth that hinted at an almost feral grin. "I've been told I can be rather helpful, for the right price."
Night
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Keystones: 511
Donate
Location: Come to Crystal Palace on Forbidden Mountain in next 25 mins if you want to fight

Postby Mojave » 12/29/2016 9:01 PM

As he had neared the desk, the completely unprofessional posture of the stranger told Diego that this wasn't an employee. However, this was a label and famous people came in all the time, so he still wanted to keep his features unoffensive in case this guy was someone really important like the CEO's son.

This was difficult when the man before him claimed he didn't know Cal while sitting at his desk. He was debating on how to answer that he was in the right place when the other's demeanor changed. Diego was used to being admired and lusted after, so the man's examination and piqued interest was a stroke to his ego. He laughed casually and leaned his hip against the desk while crossing his arms. Teal and honey eyes flashed in a playful manner. "Hmm... I'm sure you could." he said slowly, flashing his own smile and keeping the CD out of the man's reach. At a casual glance, his teeth all looked normal, but a closer inspection would show that his canines were just slightly longer than the rest of his teeth and sharper. "But how do I know you won't just throw it away?" As soon as he'd said it, a video playing overhead caught his attention. It was silent, but the face of the man before him blown up to several hundred times it's natural size was suddenly all too recognizable. He blanched and looked back at Amp in a mixture of mortification and shock, speechless.

How could he not recognize AMP, the lead singer of the band he'd be covering for tonight?! And what should he say, now that he'd all but said Amp would throw the CD away without listening to it? Which would serve him right, he thought frantically. But how did a cover singer salvage a situation like this? And where was Cal?! He cursed himself and unable to figure out how to salvage the situation, he placed the CD on the desk. "Pardon me, but I'll just leave this here." He quickly turned away to leave, chewing his lower lip nervously once his back was to the other man.
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Night » 12/29/2016 11:53 PM

Somehow it never failed to amuse him how easily people fell under his sway. Amp leaned his cheek against his hand, resting his elbow over the stack of papers in the center of Cal's desk. "Well that depends on how bad it is, I suppose. You've got a pretty face, but it'll only get you so far." He could see some of the label staff eying him down out of the corner of his eye, but he couldn't find it in himself to be worried about it. While few people knew of his rather unique talents, they were all well aware that he was the main act keeping them afloat. He was given reluctant free reign of the office under the condition that he didn't cause too much chaos. No one tried to tell him to move, and none approached to offer to take Diego's CD.

He could see the little spark of recognition as soon as it happened, watched as Diego tensed and pulled away. Pity. He thought they were having a wonderful conversation.

Amp snatched the jewel case up as soon as it was lain down on the desk, flipping it over to inspect it. There wasn't much to go on - a bit of contact information, which would certainly achieve his end goal of establishing his interest if he were the type of person that ever called. He was willing to let this go as one that slipped through his fingers. It wasn't as though he had much interest in dabbling with mortals, anyway.

------------

The club was a hole in the wall, get trashed and forget about it sort of place, which suited his needs considerably. While he enjoyed being the center of attention, practically craved it as evidenced by his profession, it was nice to be able to relax without worrying who was watching. It also allowed him to hide away from the paparazzi long enough to enjoy a few select poisons without repercussion. The fact that said poisons were readily available in the back room or the alleyway outside only made him enjoy the place more.

The live sound venue was what had drawn him to the place initially. Call him conceited, or even narcissistic, but he found a certain sense of irony in a god roaming anonymously amid a place of worship. If they knew even a fraction of who he really was, they would be licking his boots clean to garner his favor. He smirked at the thought, sliding into the first available seat at the bar and ordering the strongest whiskey the house offered.

Open mic night had to be his favorite night of the week. The rest of the week, moderately successful bands shoved their way on stage and acted like they shit gold bricks. They weren't interested in paying tribute. They were normally vain enough to believe they themselves were gods, and for the right music people were willing to believe it. Idol worship. But the newcomers, the ones that were still trying to make it - those that were practically on their knees praying for his attention? Well, you couldn't blame a man for wanting a bit of action. He settled in with his drink and ignored the various patrons shooting him nasty looks for taking up space as he waited for the curtains to open.
Night
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate
Location: Come to Crystal Palace on Forbidden Mountain in next 25 mins if you want to fight

Postby Mojave » 12/30/2016 12:27 AM

Smooth, Diego, smooth. Embarass yourself in front of the label's star act while trying to get your music heard. Fat chance you'll get anything from them other than laughs now. He was at home where he could slouch at his kitchen table, head in hands, without anyone seeing him in such a vulnerable state. Normally suave and sassy, Diego had never embarrassed himself like this before and he was at a loss on how to recover his dignity.

The label in question was his ultimate goal- they only signed the best. And now, in less than thirty seconds, he may have potentially ruined any chances he could ever have working with them. Growling in frustration, he shoved his chair back and stormed to his bathroom.

Whatever. It's done and the show must go on, as they say. He thought fiercely to himself as he showered. He took especial care to maximize his looks tonight, intent on securing some arm candy to reinflate his ego. Grabbing his makeup bag (he was going to be under harsh light), he headed to the club to finish getting ready.

He was the fifth performer that night, preferring to avoid the jitters of going first. By the time he was back on stage, all his confidence was back (helped along by a pretty little thing with pink hair and a very short skirt and low cut top) and he was ready to perform. He gave it his all and as usual, his energy got the audience involved as well. By the time the music ended, he was dripping with sweat and water, one of the more exuberant audience members having shaken her water bottle until it splashed him. This had caused something of a commotion and before security could stop them, there were many people following the girl's lead. He didn't mind, it was always more fun when the audience got carried away too.

"Thank you for a GLORIOUS FUCKING NIGHT, JAWAN!" He bowed as he tucked the microphone back into his stand, grinning ear to ear as he about faced and disappeared behind the curtain.

His consolation for the night was waiting for him and wasted no time in jumping into his arms, pressing her generous bosum into his face. While sex wasn't really his main motivation for performing, it was a seriously great perk that he wouldn't mind being a permanent part of his life. He let them tumble back onto a comfortable couch, placing his arms along the back so that she could do as she liked- he clearly wasn't expecting any company.
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Night » 12/30/2016 1:17 AM

The first few bands were decent. Nothing too interesting - it was open mic night, and most of the great performers were normally snagged before they ever devolved to playing in front of a bunch of drunkards on open call. Nothing he wanted to waste his time with. He was on his sixth whiskey of the evening, drunk on the atmosphere more than the liquor, when he was greeted with a pleasant surprise in the form of his friend from this morning. While unexpected, he was certainly intrigued. The counter dug into his shoulder blades when he leaned up against it, trying to make himself comfortable.

The guy wasn't bad. Amp may have gone so far as to say he was good, if he were singing his own songs. One never could assess the true talent of a performer when they primarily did covers. When his own words began echoing through the shitty sound system, he couldn't help but preen. A rolling warmth coiled in his chest, pressing outwards until it buzzed beneath his skin. The shoddy lights that strobed outwards from the stage hid the blue glow that lit at his edges for the briefest of moments before it settled into his pores. A tribute. They were rare in the modern age, with the vast majority of people taking up the idea that they succeeded on their own talent alone. He felt invincible, drunk with power and pitching for a fight. He was tempted to find the biggest guy in the room and take a swing, but the song was ending and Diego was sauntering offstage, and Amp couldn't help but feel as though he ought to show a little bit of favor for his newest follower.

The dark-haired man downed the rest of his drink before shoving off through the crowd. They parted easily, some gawking at him in clear recognition while others only spared him a glance. The hacks that they called bouncers greeted him at the entrance to the back room, clearly angling to stop him from going in. He flashed a backstage pass, half curious what it looked like to the goons that posed as security. One of the many perks of being... well, himself, was his little badge of honor. He was never sure how it looked to others, but he knew that it always mimicked whatever documents he was supposed to be showing and that was good enough for him. He had never been so much for the how so long as the job got done.

Amp surveyed the meager smattering of people that had wormed their way through the back door, taking them in and searching for his acquisition of the evening. When he didn't immediately find him, he started wandering through the hallways in search. Surely he hadn't left already?

Through a poorly closed door, he spotted what appeared to be some sort of eight armed, octopodal mutant sprawled on a couch, and it actually took him a moment to realize that it was Diego and a two bit tramp that must be a fan. He settled himself against the doorframe, leaning his head against it with his arms crossed and watching for a moment with a bored expression.

"You know, if you wanted a cheap fuck I think you could do better." He announced after a moment, alerting them to his presence and his amusement in one.
Night
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mojave » 12/30/2016 2:07 AM

The two sprang apart, Diego cursing and the girl squealing. "Who asked you, mother fu-" Diego, in the middle of rearranging his manhood, stopped mid-sentence upon seeing Amp for the second time that day. The flush in his cheeks brought on by their activities drained and he was nearly sick with embarrassment. Why did he have to keep meeting this guy in awkward situations?! He was glad the guy wasn't like a personal idol or anything, but he'd still hoped the first time he met a big-shot rock star the encounter would be much more pleasant. Like maybe drinking while surrounded by women and talking shop. Instead, he hadn't recognized him in person and now he'd called him a mother fucker. He was scared to ask how the night could get any worse.

Seeing Diego's face and obviously used to trouble, the girl squealed and fled the room fastening her shirt back in place as she went. Diego watched her go without regret, though he did enjoy watching her tits and ass bounce from her departure. Once she was gone, he turned back to Amp and crossed his arms while leaning against the back of the couch. He let his eyes wander from Amp's boots to his hair, letting the reality of the situation soak in. But despite his sudden appearance and the loss of the girl, Diego's ego couldn't be deflated right now- that show had been WILD.

"Well, well. If rockstars visiting shit hole clubs on open mic night isn't crazy enough, I believe that sounded like an offer. Or perhaps my performance in honor of your great art was worthy of a reward?" He grinned nonchalantly as if earlier today wasn't fresh on his mind.
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Night » 12/30/2016 3:14 AM

Amp held his position at the door, allowing the woman to slide past him but not making any sort of effort to move out of her way. "You can call me a motherfucker, but you'd have to give me her number first, and honestly I don't know when my schedule will be open." The high of tribute was still thrumming in his chest, shoving him towards action. Never one to consider consequences, he pushed away from the door frame and slunk cat-like into the room.

"What can I say? I like the atmosphere." Well, he liked the easy access to carnal pleasures and live sound, and that was essentially the same thing. The crowd, the liquor, the music and whatever back alley deal he could find all served to keep him in high spirits. It wasn't as though there were a plethora of other places he was expected to be, either.

Amp came to rest directly in front of Diego, making no move to sit. "You think you deserve a reward for playing my music?" He smirked, one perfectly arched eyebrow tilting upwards. "I have to say, you did it justice, but I don't know that it requires any sort of pay-it-forward. If anything, you should be thanking me." His tone was playful, though there was the barest hint of seriousness peeking through. He hooked his thumbs through his belt loops to illustrate his point.

A part of him wondered why he was spending his time actually working for this when he could just as easily find an easy fuck in the front of the house. It wasn't as though he had to worry about catching any diseases, so there was little drawback. Plus he probably could have scored something to ease his high along while he was at it.

But if he was already here...
Night
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mojave » 12/30/2016 3:31 AM

Diego laughed at the comeback, it wasn't one he'd heard before and he rather liked it. "Sorry, man, I don't know any MILFs but I'm sure you've got that covered anyway." He watched Amp prowl into the room and the hairs on the back of his neck prickled. If the guy wasn't offended at being called a mother fucker, then why was he approaching like a cat about to jump on a mouse?

"Well, to each their own but I assumed someone with your status would hang somewhere ritzier than this. That's all." He leaned back away from Amp as the other man stopped directly in front of him. His brows knit together and he gazed uneasily at the rock star. "I always thought covers were compliments in themselves, so if you're looking for ass kissing, you've got the wrong guy. But if you're not here to discuss my performance, then how can I assist you?" He took a seat on the couch in front of Amp, placing himself in the corer so one arm could rest along the back and the other on the arm. He splayed his legs out on the couch before him comfortably and looked up at Amp curiously. If the he was going to stop Diego from getting laid, surely he had something important to discuss, right?
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Night » 12/30/2016 3:59 AM

"Anything nicer than this has a few too many cameras for my personal preference." Amp shrugged, a what can you do? motion. "My publicist would probably shit his pants if pictures started circulating highlighting any less than savory habits. The gossip rags would have a fucking field day. It's just easier this way." He hovered in front of the other man, waiting for someone to make a move. He had thought his intentions were pretty clear, but Diego just appeared confused. Surely he was just playing coy - he'd been pretty obviously flirting not five minutes ago.

"I wasn't really looking for an ass-kissing, but if that's what you're into then I'm down." He allowed himself to peruse Diego's form, tracing over his splayed legs and upwards until he reached his face. "I was thinking something a little less time consuming, though. Something a bit quicker maybe?"

Amp was a bit shocked that he was legitimately having to spell this out. He rarely had to be so forward. Then again, the vast majority of the time he wasn't the one that was having to do the initiating. The fire in his chest was beginning to dwindle and die, leaving him feeling far too sober to be comfortable. He tipped his head towards the still open door. "We could always go somewhere more... private?"
Night
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mojave » 12/31/2016 12:53 AM

He couldn't say he was surprised to hear Amp admit his vices, and he honestly didn't care. Many people who got involved with this scene also got involved with the more dangerous aspects. He himself fucked around rather carelessly, though he did look before he dived, he used protection, and he was tested every three months. He shrugged in response as if to agree with Amp's 'what can you do' attitude.

He watched Amp hover before him, his unease growing. They'd already established that Diego wasn't going to grovel or kiss Amp's ass, and it was apparent that the rock star didn't want to discuss Diego's performance.

At Amp's words, Diego turned crimson with embarrassed shock and stared at Amp for a moment before retreating across the room from the rock star silently. He poured himself some water from a tank by the wall and took a drink. While throwing the paper cup away he started laughing nervously as if he couldn't believe this was happening. He'd had to ask how this night could get any worse.

"Surely I'm misunderstanding you, but are you seriously suggesting I perform sexual favors for you?" Another peal of agitated laughter escaped him as he leaned against the wall. "Look, I'm sure you have people fawning all over you all the time, so I'm sorry if this comes as a surprise, but no thanks. You look nice enough," Actually the man was downright sexy for a dude but like hell Diego would be admitting that now, "But even rock star status isn't enough to grant you access where no man has gone before."
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Night » 12/31/2016 1:43 AM

Amp stepped out of the way as Diego bolted, his eyebrows drawing together in confusion. He crossed his arms over his chest, the leather of his jacket creaking against the movement. "Well it's not like I'm asking you to get on your knees without getting anything out of the deal. They aren't really sexual favors if we both have a good time." That edge of sobriety was definitely a mistake. The high of his tribute had worn off, leaving him drifting down into the cold reality that he was propositioning someone - something that he never had to do, what even was this - and they were saying no. He wasn't entirely sure if he'd ever heard that word in his entire life. Considering the relative longevity of said life, it was a track record that he had prided himself on.

He also wasn't ready to believe that Diego had never ventured over to the other side of the playing field, given his attire and profession. It wasn't exactly uncommon for musicians to be a bit loose with the numbers on the Kinsey Scale. He was practically wearing heels earlier, for fucks sake. They were flirting. Amp's eyebrows drew further together, and he took up position leaning against the wall.

A smirk played at his features. "You can't tell me you've never been just a little bit... curious?" He baited. "If it makes you feel better, you can even be on top." He was certainly regretting giving up his normal venues of pursuit for this conversation. "Look, if you really don't want to then fine. It was just an offer. You were running down a road towards some Freddie Mercury level shit and seemed eager to jump at an alternative. If you want to go find your floosy friend then by all means have at it."

Reverse psychology. He'd never actually had to try it, but he had it on good reference that it was fairly effective.
Night
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mojave » 12/31/2016 2:51 AM

Had.. had Amp not understood what he'd said? Diego wondered to himself, staring at the other man dumbfounded. No meant no, for fuck's sake, what was this guy's deal?! "Sorry, no." He repeated, hoping the more simple answer would get Amp to back off.

He saw Amp's expression change and a chill went down his back. Surely the guy wouldn't rape him... right? No, there were plenty of willing partners up front, all Diego had to do was get the point across and Amp would go his merry way. And in future, Diego swore he'd be more careful about who he flirted with. He'd had to turn guys down in the past, but none of them had refused to let him go and Diego suddenly felt his mortality. There were stories of women flirting indiscriminately and getting raped or killed, why shouldn't it be possible for the same to happen to a guy?

And here they went again, Diego thought, his agitation turning to irritation. "If I had, I obviously don't have a problem with satisfying my curiosity. And top or bottom, doesn't matter, I'll pass."

He decided Amp just wasn't going to accept no and that he should just remove himself from the situation. Diego didn't know why the guy couldn't drop it, nor did he care. It was kinda creepy and he didn't do creepy. Except, he had been rather careless about choosing that girl so it was possible that he could have ended up in a bad situation down the line. "Thanks for the advice, I owe you one." He said carelessly, taking his jacket down from a hook by the door. "And now, if you'll excuse me, I think I've reached my quota for weird shit today."
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Night » 12/31/2016 3:18 AM

Amp shrugged, waving Diego off. While he was intrigued by the concept of someone turning him down and more than willing to rise to the challenge, he wasn't looking for a fight tonight. There was an abundance of easy prey outside with the added bonus of alcohol. "Whatever, dude. Go back to the glamourous, debauched life of a cover singer and enjoy it while you can. But you'll be back." He followed Diego's retreat with his eyes. "You'll realize that you need me a lot more than you think, and I'm not going to forget that there's already a debt unpaid."

He didn't move from his position on the wall, offering Diego a lazy grin as the other man slunk away. The god allowed ample time for the man to escape, not wanting to appear as though he were in pursuit, before he slipped out the door and headed back towards the front of the club.

As he expected, there were more than enough open minded individuals looking for a fling to pick from. Unlike his reluctant friend, he didn't have to worry about being choosey. He moved through the dance floor to the bathroom first, meeting up with an acquaintance that he knew frequented the shady side of town. A few bumps of coke paired nicely with his fading buzz, coursing through the golden ichor in his veins and lighting a new fire inside his chest. Almost as sweet and heady as a tribute, but not quite. It was close enough. He paid the guy and disappeared into the writhing mass of bodies on the dancefloor.

He moved to the rhythm that pounded through the club out of the crappy speakers, feeling it as innately as his own heart. Amp let his next conquest come to him, arriving in the form of a handsome enough man he wouldn't bother to remember in the morning.

He made sure to wink at Diego as they slipped out the door.
Night
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mojave » 12/31/2016 9:29 PM

It was a relief to realize that Amp wasn't going to pursue or force him, and despite how much he wanted to get away, Diego couldn't help but pause to listen to him. He scowled, biting his tongue to keep from responding and dragging their interaction out any further. He wasn't satisfied with just singing covers! That was why he'd tried his hand at writing his own songs and recording himself singing them. That was why he'd taken it to the label. That was why this meeting with Amp had so upset him- by making the star act of his dream label an enemy (or so he thought they would be from now on), what chance did he have getting signed with them now?

He tsked and rolled his eyes, "Whatever." He slid his arms into his jacket as he strode down the hall back to the front of the club. He'd intended to leave, but after all the weirdness, he wanted to have at least one drink. He tucked himself into a dark corner where nobody could sneak up on him and relaxed, watching all the other people in the building at their varioius antics. From his position, he couldn't miss Amp making his way to the dance floor, or him accepting the advances of another man, or even that damn wink that Diego knew was directed at him.

He flushed and looked away immediately. He hadn't intended on watching the man, but he was just so much more... something than everyone else around him. Diego wondered if it was vitality or virility or something else. Whatever it was, it made Amp stick out in a crowd and almost impossible for Diego to not notice him.

He finished his drink, paid, and left. Upon exiting the building, he was relieved that he wouldn't have to see Amp getting into a taxi with the other guy. It wasn't that he cared who Amp slept with, he told himself, he just didn't want to talk to the guy again if he could help it. When he got home, he texted Cal. Within minutes, his friend was on the other end of the phone, "So, how was open mic night?"

After Diego told his friend what had happened, there was a momentary silence. "Cal?" Diego checked his phone to make sure the call hadn't been lost. Suddenly, while the phone was away from his ear, he heard Cal start laughing uproariously. "You turned him down? Diego, you idiot. Do you know how many people would jump off a bridge or kill someone for that chance?"

Diego glared at the floor between his feet- he was sitting on the edge of his bed in boxers. "Don't, Cal." He warned, though it was useless. Cal continued speaking, "You should let him seduce you. Might be fun." Diego growled again, "On that note, goodnight." He heard Cal laugh again and give a quick farewell before Diego hung up. He laid back in the bed and looked up at his ceiling with a scowl. What to do now, he wondered?

The answer was simple- keep trying. He was going back tomorrow anyway for lunch with Cal. They'd made reservations a week ago to try a new restaraunt, so he could check with his friend to see if anyone had listened to his CD.
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Next