If you're looking for beautiful seaside scenery, this is the place for you. Home to the world's largest collection of fishermen and fishing pets, this city is well known, as it provides much of Barakka's fish exports. You should try the famous Broiled Sea Scalla, it's delicious! (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Jawan, the Sea City

Some Bugs Do the Stomping {Self M:L, V?}

Postby Saahs » 05/03/2017 6:50 PM

(( Mor'val, humanoid form. ))

Mor'val hoisted the sack of goods over her shoulder, the strap brushing against the base of her iridescent wings. Her nostrils were graced with the odour of raw fish and strong spices. Not an unwelcome scent for her, of course. The docks' shops reeked of both, as well as the sting of salt water. Many of the city's visitors, clearly tourists, didn't seem accustomed to warm, humid climate. Mor was certainly bothered by the stench of their sweat. Some people just didn't know how to not be disgusting,
it seemed.

The woman, herself, was clad in as little as was legally permitted; a sash tied about her hips held a sheer cloth around her upper legs, and the loose shawl on her shoulders was just enough to cover her upper chest. Not that there was anything there to cover, but she'd learned that people tended to throw a fit when someone feminine in build went around shirtless. A silly concept, but one she'd abide to if it meant less of a headache on her part. Sunburns weren't much of a concern, a fact she was both proud and relieved of. The stuff people dribbled all over theirselves to avoid getting sunburned smelled like death.

The clawed digits of her feet clacked against the damp wooden boards, leaving the faintest of scratches wherever she stepped. She kept a brisk, long stride to reach a much less populated corner of the markets,
hair and ornamental feathers bouncing against her shoulders.
when that light goes out this eve,
some will run, and some will grieve.

if you have a reason, or if you believe,
in darkness we trust.

the whores and gentlemen, they lead,
trails of insecurities.

i am not a watchman, i do as i please.

in darkness i trust.

About/Journal | Zoo Pen | Documents | Wishlist
Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1122
Donate

Re: Some Bugs Do the Stomping {Self M:L, V?}

Postby Saahs » 05/03/2017 6:58 PM

(( Nigel, humanoid form))

But what was this? A young insectoid lady headed straight in his direction? Whilst carrying a sack full of fresh fish ready for the grabbing? And with no form of weapons on her scantily clad form to defend herself with? How in the world could Nigel refuse such an opportunity.

He followed after the woman, his footfalls all but nonexistent even to the trained ear. His hair was pulled back into a low ponytail, loose plain clothes covering much of his speckled form. The less about him to be noticed, the better. As he passed by her, a hand discretely dove into her open-top bag, hooking out a fish and a small roll of spices. Just enough for an evening meal for the young vagabond. He didn't intend on lingering in her presence though, and made to continue straight onward with his prize already tucked into the folds of his loose top.

Right up until something snagged him by the sleeve and eased him backwards.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 05/03/2017 7:05 PM

"If you value having two arms, you will not make a sound." Mor'val kept her voice to a casual murmur as she pulled the thief along with her. "And if you cooperate, you may also get out of this with your eyes intact. Now turn around and walk beside me, child." As the thief complied, she inclined her head upwards, hand now grasping his as if they were friends.

But friendship would not be happening in the vacant dock they now approached. She veered around the row of shop stands, guiding him to a strip of completely empty boutiques. Not a soul around save for them.

"The fish and herbs in your shirt." Without properly requesting for them, Mor'val held out an open hand. "Now." Her grip on the boy's arm tightened, talons digging through the fabric and pricking into his flesh.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 05/05/2017 5:54 PM

His head wobbled a little before he looked up at the woman straight-on. Oh boy, oh jeez, he'd done himself a goof. Not only was this lady a lot taller than one could tell when your head is tipped down, she was pointy. Everything about her was jagged edges and sharp points. The longer Nigel took in her appearance, the more it occurred to him that there was a reason people feared wasps. Only lucky for him, he'd stumbled onto one a foot and a half taller than himself.

As always, his first defence was to shoot her a winning smile. "Okay, okay, whatever you say, ma'am, you bet." He fancied himself as a man who didn't often suck up. But then again, sucking up tended to be the one thing that got him out of situations with his limbs and face still intact. So maybe he was a little bit of a suck-up. He fell silent as they turned around the corner and out of the public's view. He nicked his lower lip between his canines. "Pardon?" he chirped, blinking innocently. "What, whaddawhat, what fish?" When the lady helped herself to jabbing her claws into his shirt where the pilfered items were hidden, he raised his hands in surrender best he could. "Oh that one! It's yours, go ahead have at it."

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 05/05/2017 6:05 PM

One of Mor'val's hairless brows twitched. At least this brat was cooperating with her so far. The smile wasn't going to win him anything though, unless he had an affinity for an extra pinch of annoyance directed towards him. So long as he didn't try to shower her with compliments...

Flaring her nostrils, she could smell both the herbs and fish in his shirt. So, when he denied such a thing, she reached out and hooked her armoured fingers around the fish and the fabric obscuring it. Her eyes fixed onto his expectantly. Satisfied with his immediate submission, she wriggled her hand up his shirt and yanked her stolen food out. And she made sure to maintain harsh eye contact while putting them away proper in her sack.

"Very good. Thank you for your cooperation, child." Inclining her head towards the more populated docks, she gave his arm one last warning squeeze. "Now, before I change my mind about your eyes..."

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 05/05/2017 6:13 PM

"Yup, got it, on my way, ma'am." Nigel gave her a thumbs up, ducking away from her once his arm was released. Even if it would do him little good, he offered her one last good bye. Maybe she'd remember his smile more than his deed? Not likely. Wasps in particular had an apparent vindictive streak, and well, she looked a lot like one...

But he paused half-turn, and eeeaaased back around to face her. "Though... is there any possible way I could,
maybe, possibly, snag one fish offa ya? A smaller one, yanno a lil' skimpy one if you've got one?"
Here he was, poking the wasp nest. You could be a suck up and pushy at the same time, right? Politicians did it all the time. "I could repay you in some way. A favour? I'm very good at paying my debts when money isn't involved." Nigel continued smiling, nodding his head fervently.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 05/10/2017 2:50 AM

The moment the little street rat began turning back around, Morv'al just knew it. Something stupid was going to fly out of his mouth. Her wings fluttered in agitation as her prediction was horrendously confirmed. Her right hand's claws twitched, urged to threaten him the rest of the way back to the crowded docks. That, or skip the threats entirely and just gouge his eyes right then and there.

But that thought in particular didn't last long. Pointless cruelty usually snuffed itself out quickly for her. And in the moment that passed in awkward silence, she gave him a solid, thoughtful look over. Not much could be seen of the humanoid slynx, but his face was sunken, and his hands were pointed but frail. She considered the nuisance of a question, nostrils flared.
"... Very well." She inclined her head to the slynx, nodding once. "But that is all. Take your fish and pester me no more." She rummaged through her sack of food, and offered out a small but healthy looking fish to the boy.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 05/10/2017 3:00 AM

"Except to repay your kindness?" With a pair of fingerguns shot the woman's way,
Nigel winked. Her unimpressed expression only dampened his spirits a tinge, at least on the outside. She was admittedly a very pretty woman, if albeit also strange and stupendously intimidating. He seemed to have a type...

Clearing his throat, he bowed his head. "Ahem, thank you, ma'am misses miss madam." Politeness was not a thing when your eyeballs are being threatened by a dragon-wasp lady. Nonetheless, he took the fish, bowing his head again in appreciation. And with that, the slynx turned, making his way down the dock. But his steps faltered with a small hum, and he turned back to her. Clearly, today was not the day he would eat fish, but rather the day he would be killed to death and die. "Ah, may I ask your name, ma'am? So I can find you easier and repay the favour, and stuff."

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 05/10/2017 3:08 AM

And there he went, turning back around to bother here again. Mor'val's wings drooped as low as they could, and her wild shock of hair and feathers seemed to deflate. Could she please, just be rid of the talking mosquito? Her eyes bored into the other, eyelids drooped with heavy sigh and exasperation. But she kept her posture firm, as always. Her head tilted to the side gradually. She wasn't one to give people multiple chances, and this idiot was really, really pushing his luck.

But relief washed over her, and she graced him with an answer.
"Mor'val, and your name?" If he had one, that was. But she didn't voice her thoughts entirely. It was already clear where she viewed her place to be, and where this urchin's was. Which, respectively, was very high, and underground.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 05/10/2017 3:37 AM

Nigel tilted his head at the small click between the syllables in Mor'val's name. Well, maybe he shouldn't be surprise that the vibrant, strange looking woman had a strange sounding name. Slipping the fish into his shirt, he then stuffed his hands into his pockets. All of a sudden, his name seemed... under-dressed? It was casual in comparison, and he could practically hear the list of titles behind Mor'val's name. The only title he could boast was "That goddamn son of a bitch".

"Mor'val, eh? Not a bad soundin' name you got there." Well, he only slightly butchered the pronunciation.
No need to wince in embarrassment quite yet. He placed a hand on his chest in a mock attempt of propriety. "My name's Nigel. It was a pleasure to make your acquaintence, Mor'val. I hope we get to meet again very soon." He winked... then gestured to her claws. "Yanno... with less threats of violence in my direction, and. Maybe less theft. We'll see." With that, he gave one last and sheepish wave, and turned on his heel. And scampered off to slip into the midday crowd with his half-successful haul.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 05/10/2017 3:50 AM

Mor'val gave a flat hum. "Nigel, very well. Now be off, my patience is thin." She inclined her head once again towards the more populated docks. As Nigel went on and on without knowing how to turn off his mouth, she fixed him a harsh stare and waited for him to hurry on his way.

Once alone, the paragon heaved a sigh, looking down at her sack of fish and herbs. Her head tilted one way as she thought, then the other with a concerned grunt.
It should still be enough for the others at the camp... She sighed again, and continued her way further down the abandoned docks. It was so much easier when she didn't have to speak to people to solve issues. Everything was more simply dealt with when she just went with knocking them out or otherwise incapacitating them. But now? She was probably going to have a smelly feline tailing after her everywhere she went.

Part of her expected the little fiend to be at camp before even she got there.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer