If you're looking for beautiful seaside scenery, this is the place for you. Home to the world's largest collection of fishermen and fishing pets, this city is well known, as it provides much of Barakka's fish exports. You should try the famous Broiled Sea Scalla, it's delicious! (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Jawan, the Sea City

I Bloom Just For You [P|E] [Me & Zap]

Postby MythicDusk » 06/09/2018 1:15 AM

He had directed so many people to this florist. He had never actually been in there, but he had walked past it every morning. The guy who worked behind the counter was. God he was cute, there was no other way of saying it. He looked so happy and at peace when working with flowers. Gabe found himself dumbstruck on the sidewalk more times than he would like to admit. The first time he saw it, the guy was working with a bunch of little, pastel blue flowers with long stems. Gabe was pretty sure they were his favorite flowers, now.

God, he was like a damn schoolboy with his first crush, peeking into classrooms to catch a glimpse of him. He ran his tattooed fingers through his hair, tapping the pencil on the pad of paper. It was just, so many sketches of those little flowers, but they never looked right. He supposed he needed the actual thing in order to get it right.

He couldn't believe he was gonna fill up that spaceo n his neck with a flower tattoo. It was gonna be sitting right next to a silhouette of a cat for his sister. He had been saving this space for something special. He supposed, a favorite flower was pretty special.

He sighed and stood up straight, grabbing his wallet and keys, locking the door to his shop as he stepped outside into the sin, jogging over to the florist. He didn't want to take too long, in case he had a walk in, but he needed to get this flower drawn, or it would be bugging him for a long fuckin' time.

He opened the door, breathing in to say something and being overwhelmed by the smell of flowers. He couldn't help his smile. It reminded him of his mom's garden. He opened his mouth again to ask about the flower but let it clack shut. 'Hey, I saw you handing a little blue flower with a long stem a few weeks ago and I've been trying to draw it for a few weeks because I think the way you smiled made it my favorite flower. So ah, can you help me out?'

No, he wasn't that kinda guy. Instead, he would just. Browse. A lot. God, his sister would make this so much easier for him. But also not. She would very much make this harder for him, emotionally. Mostly through the constant teasing.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean
A brand new emotion come true, ooh
Don't let this night, don't let this night go

How long 'til you play me the song
That will make me belong to you?
One dance with my baby tonight
And we'll dance 'til the night is through

Jax Jones ft. Years & Years - Play

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 425
Donate

Re: I Bloom Just For You [P|E] [Me & Zap]

Postby zapdragon555 » 06/10/2018 5:25 PM

The shop had been pleasantly empty all morning, leaving Blue ample time to himself to care for a few of the plants he had growing. Several were due for a trim, one had been on its way out for quite awhile now (no amount of water or food would've saved the poor old thing, and so it sat by the window--sentimentality had gotten the best of Blue, who wanted to give the plant just a few final hours of sunlight). In particular, the delicate tangles of blue viscaria had grown a little too bushy for proper use in bouquets. It was a shame--Blue loved to let them grow wild. But business was business.

The soft dingling of the bell above his door drew his attention for no more than a split second--eyes up, and then back down to his work, not wanting to invite a conversation unless absolutely necessary. It wasn't the customer's fault--he just happened to be the first one in there for the day, and thus, the first interruptor of peace. So maybe Blue was just a tiny bit sour over it.

But even so... he ventured another glance, staring at the man curiously, all tattoos and utterly unlike the flowers surrounding him, the sunlight through the window... oh! Blue looked up properly for a moment, realizing he recognized the man. He was from the tattoo parlor a few buildings down. He snipped the scissors without looking, too loud in the quiet room, and made an audible wince as he cut off a bit too much from one side. The cluster of flowers fell to the floor with a small thump, and he muttered something hurried and hushed under his breath. Maybe an apology to the flowers. He bent down to pick up the little clump of blues, trying to make himself smaller in the room. Embarrassed.

But there will come a time
You'll see, with no more tears
And love will not break your heart
But dismiss your fears
Get over your hill and see
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

"Tomorrow will be a good day."

Pen | New Pen | Breed | Wish | Sales | Art | Imp. | Add-ons

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Keystones: 506
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby MythicDusk » 06/10/2018 7:50 PM

Gabe jumped a little, at the sound of the scissors. He couldn't help it. It was a strange sound, in a strange place. The soft whump of flowers hitting the groundmade him look over. Then he saw the flowers and he felt a grin split his face.

"Hey! Sorry to disturb you, I just- uh. I saw these flowers a while ago, in here I think, and I fell in love with them. Are they for sale? I just want a couple of blooms to make sure I draw them right."

He didn't know if he should mention they were for a tattoo on his neck, where everyone could see. Or the fact that he fell in love with them when he saw how the florist smiled at them, and something cinched in his heart in hope that maybe the florist would smile like that at him.

Gods, he was a mess.

He felt himself blush, a smile touching his lips as he grinned nervously. "I'm Gabriel, by the way. I go by Gabe mostly. I run Green Gables down the street. I think I've sent a couple of people your way when they mistook my name for a florist."

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 07/01/2018 2:59 AM

Blue straightened up with a sprig of the flowers pinched between forefinger and thumb, blinking wide-eyed at the spill of words that came out of the tattoo artist. He stared for a few seconds, then looked at the sprig in his hand, then back to the man. "Uh--yeah, yeah. It's... I can cut you some," he began slowly, looking back at the plant. His speech was awkward; he hadn't spoken to anyone all day, so it was to be expected. First customer of the day always got the short end of Blue's conversation stick.

"You draw?" It was a dumb question to ask a tattoo artist, but he couldn't think of anything else to say as he picked up his scissors. His face was red, as a result--in fact, he put down the scissors, and hurriedly picked up the sprig he'd accidentally clipped off before. "A-actually, you know--if this little bit is enough, it's free."

Gabriel, huh. It was a pretty name. Blue was making an effort not to look the man in the eyes after such an inane question as that (imagine the flip--'you grow the flowers you sell?' Dumbass, dumbass!). After a long pause, he held out the viscaria at a safe distance from Gabe. "Blue," he mumbled quietly, eyes on the floor, then blinked and looked up, face a pretty pink against pale hair and lashes. "M-my name. Just Blue. And... the flower is called 'blue viscaria,' if... that matters."

Now it made sense, though--the customers laughing about how that tattoo place down the street looked so much like a flower shop. He always wondered about it, but never enough to ask, never enough to look for himself. Even so... one little mystery in the back of his mind, solved. Gabriel, huh... Blue's eyes darted over the man's tattoos, curiosity in his furtive gaze.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby MythicDusk » 07/01/2018 5:20 PM

"Yeah! I love to draw, I need to practice flowers more, so you may be seeing more of me." He dug a hand into his pocket, pulling out his wallet and small sketsh pad he carried with him. More of a notebook really. A slim thing that fit into the palm of his hand, and he flicked open to one of his failed attempts at the blue viscara, a slight smile on his lips. "Doesn't look quite right, huh?"

He eyed the flowersd, smiling gently as he carefully took the sprigs. He brought his bottom lip between his teeth as he smiled, his eyes lighting up like he had just been given the most important gift of his life. He looked up to Blue, giving a soft, embarrassed chuckle. "Y'know, the reason I like this flower so much is because you looked at it with such love and adoration. Kinda made me think about how I want someone to look at me like that y'know?"

His smile became more lopsided as he shifted himself slightly, seemingly nervous for his confession. "You- You have a really nice smile, y'know that?"

He seemed to shake himself, taking in a breath of air, blushing hard and rubbing his fingers carefully over the blank spot on his neck. "If- if its alright, and I didn't just creep you out, would it be alright if I make another order for another bundle of- what are these? Blue Viscara? Yeah, an order for another bundle of blue viscara."

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 07/05/2018 4:54 PM

Flower sprig taken from him, Blue tangled his fingers together for lack of something to do with them, lacing them at his front. He blinked at the mention of drawing, thankful he hadn't offended the guy some way. Gabe. Gabriel... it was a pretty name. There were times when Blue wasn't fond of names in general--figured they were nothing more than unwanted gifts from whoever you happened to be with when you were born. At least, that was his feeling on the matter. But Gabriel was pretty. And to think of it as pretty was a surprising realization.

He blinked out of his thoughts and looked down at the sketchbook, a small smile tugging his mouth. It wasn't... bad, but it was certainly off, enough to be unrecognizable. Even so, the technique was good. Very good. Curiosity itched at him to ask to see other drawings, but he kept silent while Gabe rambled.

After a bit, he even unlaced his fingers and straightened his spine a little, looking less like he wanted to disappear through the floor. "That's romantic," he commented, cracking a small, wry smile. "I hope you don't want someone to look at you like that with scissors in their hand, though," he added, picking up the pruning scissors from the counter and snipping them in the direction of Gabe. His eyes shone with a quiet, shy mirth, and he closed the scissors, holding each end in either hand. At the compliment, however, he felt himself stiffen, his eyes widening and smile falling to something a bit more uncomfortable--or perhaps just confused. A nice smile... surely not. No.

"Another order... yes, that's fine," he said hurriedly, his face a startling shade of red for such a simple compliment. Perhaps it was just the nature of his skin--thin, and so easily embarrassed. With light hair, light eyelashes, and cool colored clothes (those overalls really were wearing out, they weren't exactly made for working, but none of the industrial stuff would fit him), it stood out like a sore thumb. He scurried behind the counter, starting to work the register. "Um... h-how... would you like it wrapped? Just string, or full wrap?"

Realizing he'd have to wait for that answer before he could charge money, he went to the scissors once more and started carefully moving stems around to find the best place to cut. Keep himself busy. Why was he so flustered...? It was rude, probably. Usually he just got women and businessmen in there, desperate boys who were trying to get dates, or old folks for anniversaries. Why some hot guy? Shit--not hot. Well, yes, hot. Very hot. Shut up, shut up--

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 07/07/2018 10:53 PM

Gabe felt himsef sag at Blue's response. "M' sorry, I went too far. It's a little weird complimenting someone you've never spoken to before, huh?" He gave a weak laugh, rubbing the back of his neck before he glanced back up to Blue, a short look, before turning his face away with another shy smile.

"String would be good, if that's alright. If- if I made you uncomfortable, I can just. Give you the money now and get one of my friends to pick up the flowers." He chewed on his bottom lip, moving his hands to wring them at his front, like a child being scolded. "I am really sorry if I made you feel at all awkward, Blue."

Maybe it wasn't the best thing to focus on, maybe he should have brushed it under the rug, but something about the anxiety and unsurety in Blue's eyes made something in Gabe's gut twist.

He didn't like the feeling.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 07/13/2018 4:48 AM

Blue was so focused he almost didn't hear Gabe's apology--but caught the tail end of it, and was able to fill in the rest. "No," he began, darting over to get some string before he cut the flowers, snipping it free and bringing it back over, in a rush. "It's fine." Curt, and hurried, in response to both questions. He didn't mean to. He really didn't mean to.

A nice smile? Him? Blue fought to wrap his mind around that, tried to do it without feeling like his face was going to catch fire and why was the hot guy still looking at him, god that was so unfair, and why did he look so sad, and why was he hot when he was sad, and--

"Fuck!" Blue gasped, dropping the scissors to the counter with a clatter and holding a hand in his other, face cracked in a wince that effectively paled the majority of the flush on his face. He stared at the fleshy part of his palm, sporting a tiny scissor snip cut that was quickly welling and dripping with blood. Blue looked faint, suddenly, wavering on his feet. "It's alright--i-it'll be alright, I have bandages," he breathed, almost forgetting Gabe was there as he went to the drawer and opened it...

"Oh. Out of bandages." Blue stared, uncomprehending for a moment, then looked up at Gabe with a blank expression, red running down his palm in a small rivulet--he winced again, cupping his injured hand in his other, if nothing else than to stop the blood from dripping.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 07/15/2018 7:32 AM

Gabe was about to say something about leaving, about how Blue didn't have to lie to keep a sale. He was going to pay, just not interact with him if that was how Blue felt.

Then he heard the cuss, his eyes darting to Blue's bleeding hand, watching as Blue searched for bandages, murmured that there was none left. Gabe felt an instinct in him well, a want to protect and care, to wipe away the blood.

He licked his lips carefully.

"Come with me, I have bandages and gauze at my shop. I can patch that up for you." He hoped he didn't sound creepy again, god he hoped. "Or, I can run to my shop and just grab them and come back here."

He would have to tear the antisceptic off the wall but. Such was life.

He carefully watched Blue, watching as his face paled. He held out a careful, colourful hand to steady him. Not touching, just in case he should topple. "Honestly, you look like you're about to faint. I don't really wanna leave you alone." He gave a nervous smile. "I can deal with cuts, but not with concussions, if you pass out."

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 07/18/2018 2:06 AM

Blue tensed, with all of the distrust of an injured animal, at the request to go with Gabe somewhere--his shop? He supposed that was alright, maybe, but the idea of moving was daunting. He felt dizzy... Blue nodded meekly, slowly moving over to a chair and sitting down, watching blood pool in his hand, clearly at a loss. "There's a sink in the back... could use that to.. wash it," he murmured haltingly.

Normally, he was so careful. It felt strange to suddenly slip up and hurt himself. "I'll wait here... I won't get up. Don't worry," he mumbled, drawing his knees up and leaning his head on them. He inhaled slowly, held it, and exhaled, clearly trying and slowly succeeding to fight down whatever panic had been starting to rise in him.

He wasn't so proud to not accept help. He was thankful that Gabe had bandages. Truly. He just felt like his lips were too numb and tingly to allow many, or any, words of thanks to come out, just yet.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 07/18/2018 11:51 AM

Gabe looked panicked for a second, nodding weakly before watching carefully as Blue sat. "Alright, alright. Just. Stay right there okay? Don't move. I'll be right back, I promise. Just don't move okay?" As he spoke, he was backing towards the door, throwing it open and sprinting into the street.

Gabe wasn't a runner, by any length. He had no stamina, his steps were all wrong, it was the panicked run of someone who felt they were in danger, or that someone they cared for was in danger. He cussed loudly as he ran into his shop door, bouncing off it and fumbling his keys out of his pocket, cussing at himself, his hands, his clumsy fucking fingers as he finally got the key in the lock, throwing the door open and running into the back.

He filled his arms, bandages, gauze, he had an extra set of antibacterial wipes that he didn't know about, which he had just found and meant he didn't have to pull the soap off the wall. It was a plus, at least.

With all of it in his hands, he ran back to Blue's shop, barely locking the door to his shop behind him. He skidded in through the door, wheezing and holding aloft the medical items.

"O-okay. I got it all. Fuck. Christ. I hate running. Okay. Whoo!"

He arced his back, taking in a deep breath as he straightened up, walking towards Blue with a careful smile. "Would it be alright with you if I helped bandage your hand?"

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 07/21/2018 8:13 PM

Blue, alone, had managed to stabilize himself for the most part. Hadn't quite trusted his legs to get up, after all of that, but was sitting up straight with one knee pressed to his chest, the other firmly on the ground as he held his hand at a distance away from himself. Still bleeding, pretty bad. He watched a dot of red on the floor grow a bit larger with each occasional drip.

At least without a pair of intense, friendly, pretty eyes on him, Blue could relax a little bit. He made a quiet mental note to go buy more bandages soon, as well as some disinfectant spray. He'd just always been so careful, he'd forgotten he needed things like that. It had been awhile since his last accident with any kind of clippers. Distractions usually weren't an issue, either.

He blinked when his door was slammed open again and Gabe reappeared, looking flushed in the face from exertion and holding an armful of medical supplies. Blue was a little too out of it to be alarmed. The same discomfort from before--and he'd chosen to name it that, whether that was the correct term or not--returned in a small wash of heat over his body. "You didn't have to run," he mumbled, but it was under his breath, practically inaudible.

As he walked closer, Blue kept his knee raised, pressed to his own chest as his fingers curled almost protectively over the wound on his hand. It was silly--he was acting silly. Like some child at the doctor's office. He made a small face, then let out a breath and opened his fingers, holding his palm flat. "Yeah, sure," he murmured, hurriedly, nodding his head. "Thanks," he added, quieter. He didn't pride himself in being rude. It was just accidental, sometimes. "Um... there's... another chair, around the back of the desk... we should probably get the blood off, first, too..." He felt unhelpful, too dizzy to stand. His voice didn't hold any sort of commanding aura at all--truly the sound of someone who worked alone in a shop, overseeing no one and overseen by no one. Freedom came with the price of meekness, it seemed, to the young flower shop owner.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 07/21/2018 8:22 PM

Gabe nodded gently, taking the wipes and carefully dabbing at the blood and wound. "I'm not gonna ask you to stand up to wash off the blood, just keep talking to me while I do this okay?" He carefully wiped the damp cloth across the wound. "Sorry, sorry, I know it stings." He murmured, almost to himself, his eyebrows furrowed, his soft blue eyes focusing.

"What made you wanna open up a flowershop, Bluebell?"

His voice was soft and careful, not even noticing the nickname that had dripped form his lips, he didn't even know when he thought of Blue as Bluebell. It was just a thing that happened. He hoped it was enough of a conversation starter to keep Blue talking, though.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 07/26/2018 6:35 PM

Blue jumped slightly at the wet against his wound, hissing air through his nose as he deflated and tried to relax. Gabe's hands were warm. Far warmer than his thin, pale fingers, and they almost dwarfed his own, the way they held his and washed them carefully. Attention effectively drawn away from Blue's face, Blue took a moment to let himself look at Gabe, at the tilt of his brow, the laser focus...

It made sense, for a tattoo artist. Blue wasn't sure why he was surprised by it. Why it made something in his gut twist with a kind of strange pleasure, to be stared at so intently. There was fear, and discomfort, too, but... warmth. There was a lot of warmth, pinking his fingertips.

He was so distracted by the hue of Gabe's eyes that he almost didn't hear the question, or the nickname. But he did, and he certainly did, and Blue's eyes widened slightly, his face reddening. "B-bluebell...?" he whispered, almost too soft to hear, then cleared his throat, darting his eyes away.

That... was a rather beautiful thing to be called. He hated how easily he was swayed, truly. Some attractive boy, covered in tattoos and the prettiest eyes and calling him things like 'Bluebell...' it was unfair. Right, though, the question... "It's a long story," he murmured, and cringed, realizing that would invite more questions.

Instead of waiting for them, he continued, hurriedly. "Just wanted to make an identity for myself. Flowers... calm me down. A lot. I love them... I like caring for things that are quiet, you know... needed a way to support myself. Didn't know what to do, other than this. I'm glad I couldn't find anything else... because this is what I like doing." It was rambling, and lacked concise word choice, but it was an explanation nonetheless.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 07/27/2018 12:54 AM

Gabe nodded gently, showing he was listening as he carefully placed the wipe to a side. "Thank you, for telling me that." He gave a soft smile when he glanced up, to grab the bandages and pads. "Honestly, I became a tattoo artist because there was nothing else for me." He shrugged a shoulder slightly, his brow furrowing again, his voice growing tense again as he carefully applied the pad, wrapping the gauze carefully around the hand, to hold it in place.

"I wrecked my life as a kid. Messed a whole lotta things up for a lotta people." His voice was distant, strained, as if he had forgotten that he was talking, as if he was just letting the words pour. "Oh! Sorry, I overshared, huh?" He gave a nervous chuckle, his voice returning to its relaxed nature as he finished the bandage, carefully pulling it tight, but not too tight to be uncomfrotable.

"That feel okay?"

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk