If you're looking for beautiful seaside scenery, this is the place for you. Home to the world's largest collection of fishermen and fishing pets, this city is well known, as it provides much of Barakka's fish exports. You should try the famous Broiled Sea Scalla, it's delicious! (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Jawan, the Sea City

Oceanside Leisures [Self]

Postby FrostWynd » 02/14/2021 12:17 AM

Mmmm... The newest batches of flowers that had been planted in the gardens around the town had begun to already cast out a beautiful fragrance that was being carried up by the wind coming in from the coast, and Amala was immensely enjoying every second of it as she had been in the process of making her way to the town square this morning. They even looked as beautiful as they smelled too. And with a nose as powerful as hers, she liked to think that she was a bit of an expert on the subject... Although she definitely had nothing compared to the skill of a couple of other dragons she knew, and with their assistance, the three had gone through painstaking effort to pick out only the best kinds to help compliment the atmosphere they wished to create for the upcoming celebration that was now drawing close.

Oh Raven won't you sing me a happy song

You don't want me to stay alone
That's why you gotta sing your song
You keep tapping at my door
Nevermore, nevermore, nevermore
But can I ask you something
A favor from you my friend
This song you keep singin'

Zoo PenImp. DocsWishlistJournal
FrostWynd
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1692
Donate

Re: Oceanside Leisures [Self]

Postby FrostWynd » 02/14/2021 10:54 PM

And that was not the only thing that would be going through the sudden and dramatic changes either. For all around the island that was in some fashion part of the town, there would be many dragons around busying themselves with carting around things all throughout it, with plenty working hard to hang up and apply decorations and lighting onto anything that seemed the most appropriate to do so.

Seeing all the familiar faces doing their part to hopefully make this a success brought a big smile to the older female, and she nodded her head in greeting to anyone she happened to pass by along the way.

FrostWynd
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FrostWynd » 02/15/2021 12:00 AM

The progress that had been made was turning out to be very promising as she spotted all the decorating that had been done so far, and Amala was having high hopes that tonight would be a grand success that everyone would remember for a very long time. It was still a ways off currently, with several hours left to go, but already she was picturing the large crowds that would be due to arrive sometime in the evening. Dragons from far and wide congregating to their island so that they may spend one truly romantic evening together with their significant others in one of the most idyllic locations to be found in the Sea of a Thousand Currents.

FrostWynd
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FrostWynd » 02/15/2021 12:09 AM

Her head lowered slightly in an instinctive gesture of what would've been delighted giggling from picturing all the happy couples, as it would be from bringing them happiness that also made her quite happy in turn. Eyes closed for a moment as she walked, though no sound was made from her reaction.

"Someone's looking awfully happy today." Came a mirthful rumble from ahead of her.

Initially she could not see who it was from having her eyes closed, but the voice had a familiar deepness and warmth that told her exactly who it was, even more so when she managed to pick up on his scent among the flowers.

The much larger dragon now standing before her was none other than Artificer. And the moment she opened her blue eyes, her gaze was filled with warmth as she looked up to him.

FrostWynd
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FrostWynd » 02/15/2021 12:18 AM

Amala nodded her head with eagerness to his comment, and opened a wing to sway it out towards their environment before turning back to him. As if to say; "Of course!" Everyone was doing such a great job, and there was so much to look forward to, it was impossible for her to be anything but happy right now.

And he did have to agree... It seemed like everyone was outdoing themselves from the last year, as even he was pleasantly surprised by how good everything was looking this far. "You'll be even happier to know that we too are almost finished with our own preparations. Even Lydia seems to be unusually enthusiastic today."

FrostWynd
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FrostWynd » 02/15/2021 12:35 AM

Honestly he didn't quite know what to make of it either as he watched his partner blink up at him, raising her head back with surprise from the curious development... And Amala would tilt her head in a deliberate manner towards him, before lifting a clawed hand up to hold it in a forwarding motion.

Her intention was to not only ask him why, but to also encourage that this conversation be taken along the way, so that they could keep walking to the square. "Mm... Perhaps she is just more motivated than normal? Though whatever it may be, the others have certainly been getting a bigger earful from her too, haha!" He would reply with a laugh, stepping in line alongside her as they began walking side-by-side, chatting away.

FrostWynd
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FrostWynd » 02/15/2021 12:47 AM

They had plenty of time for Artificer to work out the many many gestures from his silent partner along the way, and she had taken that opportunity to do her best to inform him about all the other preparations that he'd not been part of being nearly finished as well. "That is very excellent news! It looks like everything is going exactly as planned for tonight."

Once they had arrived at the square, the pair could see that there was also quite a lot going on here as well. Several tables had been set up along the edges, and were in the process of being filled it with all sorts of items and materials currently as their local merchant Vladilen barked orders at his helpers for where everything should go. And at the very center the spotted the familiar lightly colored pelt of Karolapi as she was making the final touches on a fairly large statue that had been put in place for this particular occasion.

FrostWynd
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FrostWynd » 02/24/2021 11:58 PM

Pretty much the entire day was going to be like this, where nothing but busyness prevailed throughout every turn across the whole island. And both Amala and Artificer were going to be equally busy themselves with their own tasks that was still ahead of them. For most this wouldn't be viewed as the "ideal" for spending Valentine's with one's significant other, but... this pair believed it worked out nicely enough for them, as the current setup of Amala acting as the primary organizer for all these little holidays and events, and Artificer being the head of their security, they were still able to enjoy one another's company in those few and sometimes brief moments they had together.

That little walk they had together had been one such moment. Even though it now came to an end and Amala would have to leave him to go and speak with Karolapi about the statue, neither one would be too unhappy about it when the time came.

FrostWynd
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FrostWynd » 02/25/2021 12:01 AM

Amala would turn to face Artificer in that moment, signaling with a turn of her head of what was to come next. The male's blue gaze would turn up to look past her, and in those few seconds of seeing the other female dragon ahead he pieced together what had been intended here. "Ah, right... You've still got more left to do." He replied with an understanding nod. Admittedly he might have gotten a bit too caught up with enjoying just speaking with her, that it was a shame they had to part ways so soon. But he would remind himself that there was always another time.

The pair would intertwine their necks together in a momentary embrace, and began going their separate ways as he too had things to do.

FrostWynd
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FrostWynd » 02/25/2021 12:47 AM

Going on ahead, and thus leaving the square behind him, there were still at least a couple more locations he still had to visit to check up on things. Lydia had already done a lot of the necessary work as it is, and he certainly didn't want to go falling behind!

They all would be expecting their very first guests to begin arriving sometime in the late afternoon, and by then everything should be ready for them. Though for Artificer, it seemed things were actually ahead of schedule, as it wasn't long before he found himself without any other important work needing to be done.

FrostWynd
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FrostWynd » 02/25/2021 12:58 AM

Lydia must have been working even harder than he originally anticipated. Perhaps a little too hard, as once his remaining tasks had been completed, he would now find himself concerned with how her own health would be faring after all this as he was strolling down the road at his own pace. It was possible that he'd have to have a serious talk with both her and Amala, for their grandchild's sake. The trouble was finding both of them, as while it was still likely that Amala might be at the square still, there was no telling where Lydia could have gotten to...

Squeeaaaaaaak...!

FrostWynd
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FrostWynd » 02/25/2021 1:05 AM

...Squeak?

The dragon's thoughts would be interrupted by a strange, and awfully sad sounding noise from somewhere behind him, and he immediately paused in his stride to try and investigate the oddity that had occurred.

His massive head would swing around first, followed with the rest of his body as he turned himself around. Unsure of what to really expect, Artificer blinked with confusion when he discovered there was... nothing. While it were certainly possible that he could've imagined the sound, he absolutely hoped his mind wasn't starting to play tricks on him now, of all times.

Aside from him, this road was pretty much empty of anything he viewed as noteworthy enough that could have squeaked.

FrostWynd
Celebrity Veteran