If you're looking for beautiful seaside scenery, this is the place for you. Home to the world's largest collection of fishermen and fishing pets, this city is well known, as it provides much of Barakka's fish exports. You should try the famous Broiled Sea Scalla, it's delicious! (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Jawan, the Sea City

Postby Fish » 02/17/2008 3:54 PM

Rei stepped forward to Chaotic. He seemed to have been letting down his defences, if only just a little. Maybe he should give him another chance. He seemed pretty cool. Yin however, stayed behind. She didn't want to do something to angry the other.

The sand was nice on Rei's paws and he smashed them deeper into it's warm golden dust. "Yeah, she's our owner." The way he spoke he sounded  as if he wasn't as happy about it. "She's defiantly nice but not so intelligent." He perked up his ears. "Your owner really taught you that?!" He was excited. He knew nothing of the different plants and herbs he ran upon. "Elliot never taught us anything cool like that." A wave crashed upon the sand and his eyes trailed after the rising water. "I mean, she taught us simple things like how to semi-talk and read. She even taught a few of us how to cook." He beamed. "I can make a pretty mean canned soup." But sadly, she taught him nothing he had wanted to know. ...Maybe if he asked, she would teach him how to swim. His eyes still trailed after the water. He only planned on staying with Elliot for only a little while, yet he never lefted.

Yin looked at Rei. He seemed so down to her. She trodded her way to him and brushed against his foreleg to let him know she was there.
Yin's stomach growled and her face grew into a rose colored hue. She looked down in embarrasment. Rei laughed. "I'll have take you up on your offer of food."

Fish
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Keystones: 130
Donate

Postby Treece » 02/18/2008 2:24 PM

"Yes she did, but we only know the basics. She says it could take years to teach us all the things she knows, but sometimes we discover other stuff just because we know the basics." Chaotic looked back up at Rei. "Ha! Treece never taught me how to cook! I would think it is quite difficult with just wings. Maybe we both have things to learn" He smiled.

Chaotic laughed as well as Yin's face grew red. He walked back down to the sea and searched. "Well, on the menu tonight is, Trumpetter, Seawinder, Sea Scalla, and maybe some Cod?" He turned around, "What'll it be? I recommend the Cod."

ImageImage
~Treece~
*Pristine*
Treece
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 255
Donate

Postby Fish » 02/18/2008 4:01 PM

"I still think it's cool," Rei imagened himself mixing herbs. He could be like a magician. He smiled crookedly envisioning him in a robe and pointed hat. He could make a lot of money and just buy his own boat. "even though you'd have to wait. Is there anything specific you can make?" Rei shrugged. "Cooking is kind of difficult but 'you gotta use what you have'. I'm sure you can make canned soup also." He squinted his eyes trying to focus on the sand. He never liked learning. Sometimes he would wish he just knew everything already. "Yeah, maybe."

Yin tried to smile. She didn't like bothering him.
Rei turned to Yin momentarily before he turned back to Chaotic whom was already at the sea. "I've never seen a Trumpetter before." He searched in his mind. "Isn't it one of those um..." He didn't know how to describe it. "Anyway, I think Yin would go with the Cod." Yin nodded.

Fish
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Treece » 02/18/2008 9:43 PM

"I think it would be difficult for me to eat from a can." Chaotic chuckled at his bad joke. "And what do you mean is there anything specific I can make? If you're referring to cooking, I think I might make you all sick if I tried"

"Cod it is!" Chaotic took off into the skies and searched the waters. He saw two Cod relatively close by. He dived down and grabbed one up with his foot.  He then flew back up and searched for the second cod. He must have scared it away because he could no longer find it. He flew to the beach, "Incoming!" He dropped the cod down that was still wiggling with its last few breaths. He then went in search of the other fish. He found one, and then two and scooped them up and went back to shore. He dropped the fish and grinned. He stood a moment letting himself catch his breath. "That was the best hunt I've ever had, not one miss!" He felt extremely good about himself. He picked up his fish and began to chew on the succulent flesh.

ImageImage
~Treece~
*Pristine*
Treece
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Fish » 02/19/2008 2:07 AM

Yin flutered her wings and hopped a bit forward.
"I meant," He laughed to himself. "as in any specific kind of remedies that you can make?" His tongue over jagged teeth. "I guess I should have made it clear to understand." He paused. "I don't think your cooking would make us sick." Rei poundered on that thought. "Would it?"

It was a exciting site for Yin to watch the Garudor take off and swoop at the water. She's never tried fishing before, and to watch the Garudor made her wish to try. She almost drooled over the first Cod that Chaotic dropped. She wanted to wolf it down the moment it hit the sand, but she withheld herself from doing so. Instead she waited as patiently as possible for Chaotic to come back.
Rei watched the Garudor also. He didn't find Chaotic's 'fishing' as intriguing as Yin had but he still watched with a bit of amazment. He would never be able to fish like that and he knew he'd never try.

When Chaotic had landed Yin took hold of the first fish. She waited until he had choose one of his own before ripping into it. Rei joined the two. He wasn't entirely hungry, but he still fed. It was a way to pass time. He lifted his head back up after half the fish had been ate. "Thanks." That was all Rei said before he continued on eating.

Edit: I forgot (again) Post: 11, 11

"Careful... I'm contagious."

PENWISHLIST

I used to be Elliot.
Fish
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Treece » 02/21/2008 5:31 PM

"Oh!" Chaotic suddenly felt silly as he munched on his fish, "Well, I can make aloes to help wounds heal faster and lower chances of infection, and I can make a cough suppressant. It takes a lot of work and plants to make one dose, and it's quite disgusting. Usually Treece  just packs stuff like that for us." He cleaned the bones off then buried the skeleton into the sand. "I can teach you how to make a splint if we cut through any woods. It's really simple...that is if you want to know, you never know when you'll break a bone!"

Chaotic nodded at Rei, "You're welcome. I'm really eager to go. Are you ready to leave?"

ImageImage
~Treece~
*Pristine*
Treece
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Fish » 02/21/2008 10:09 PM

"Hmm... Are you planning on breaking my bone?" Rei only meant it for laughs not to offend or accuse anyone. "Then I suppose, if we do happen to pass through woods, I'll take you up on your offer." He thought of ways to practice on people with. If he pushed Kelen down some stairs or a hill maybe he'd break something and Rei could splint it up. He liked the idea but he wasn't so sure if Kelen would take him down with him.

Yin was excited. She heard every word Chaotic had said and she thought it was amazing to know such things. She knew everybody got hurt all the time and such skills would have became useful. Especially since she was told a war had been going on for a while.

Rei finished his fish half it's skeleton with it. He placed a paw ontop of the rest and pressed down. "Yeah, we're ready. You can still back down if you want."
Yin looked at the Garudor. She didn't want that.

PENWISHLIST

I used to be Elliot.
Fish
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Treece » 02/23/2008 4:02 PM

Chaotic didn't smile when Rei made the breaking bone comment. He looked down at the sand and then sighed. "Well, I am a long way from home..." He weighed the pros and cons of the trip. "But I would like to do some more traveling...you know. It's really up to you." Chaotic looked at both Yin and Rei.

"They do say three's a charm you know?" He smiled a crooked grin and shifted his wings. He looked over at Yin. Curiosity was filling him this whole time. "So since you don't talk, do you communicate in other ways such as nodding, or even writing?" Chaotic pulled one talon back and used the other to write his name in the sand.

ImageImage
~Treece~
*Pristine*
Treece
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Fish » 02/23/2008 4:18 PM

"It's alright with me." Rei gestured. He turned to Yin and she fluttered her wings. "It's alright with her too." He smiled shyly when he noticed the change in attitude with Chaotic. He didn't mean to upset him... if he really was.
"Yeah, I definitely  agree." He shifted his weight to his left side. "Well, at least, I hope." He chuchkled softly.

Yin flicked her tail. She was happy that he would come. It was the highlight  of her day so far. But, when he asked if she knew any other way of communicating, she frowned. She did not know how to write, but she could nod, couldn't she?
Rei looked down and shifted again uncomfortly. "No, she can't write..." He didn't look up. "She can nod... sometimes... but, she doesn't entirely always get the right nod... If you know what I mean?" He paused and turned to Yin. "Though, through her actions, you sometimes can tell what she wants."

PENWISHLIST

I used to be Elliot.
Fish
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Treece » 02/25/2008 9:43 PM

Chaotic began to felt homesick. Though he was more of a solitary bird, in this case, the company of someone from home would have comforted him. He looked off into space beyond Yin and Rei. When he finally came to he smiled. "Well then lead the way, you know where to go!"

He looked over to Yin, "Maybe we can teach you to write then. Treece never taught any of us to write, you're lucky your owner at least tried to teach you to read and such." Chaotic said to Rei. He smiled. "Wow, I'm going to be teaching you guys so much. I should become a teacher." He thought for a moment, "I'm also shocked I haven't destroyed anything yet. Or maybe I spoke too soon, we should wait 'till we get to your friend Juliet."

The sun was beginning to set and he felt the breeze from the sea much more know, "I hope neither of you are afraid of what goes bump in the night." He chuckled.

ImageImage
~Treece~
*Pristine*
Treece
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Fish » 02/26/2008 12:27 AM

OOC: Short post.

"Err... yes. We should get going." Rei stepped forward to show the direction they will be going. He hesiated but he still continued.

Yin looked away. She never really thought of it that way. She turned back, her tail flicking. She'll have to find a way to thank Elliot later. If she remembered that is?
Rei responded. He skeptical about Chaotic's response. If he attacked Juliet, she'd throw a huge fit. It might even distrub the Bleeder's at her side. He tried not to think of it so much. "A teacher? Would you really fit as one?"

Rei shook his head. "Not me." He turned to Yin who looked about them. Was she paying attention or did she get distracted? He puzzeled on that, sucking on his bottom lip. "I'm not sure about her.." His ears twitched in the breeze. It started to become chilly for him. "We should get going now. If we wait to long the water would get us." Though he loved the sea, he knew he'd die if he got in it.

PENWISHLIST

I used to be Elliot.
Fish
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Treece » 02/26/2008 7:23 PM

OOC: Wow, mine's short too, I've been kinda busy (college ugh) but I promise to be more lengthy. :P

"Um..." He thought of the many accidents he'd been in, the many people he hurt. "Maybe I wouldn't make or a good teacher, but it still wouldn't hurt to teach Yin something, and maybe you teach me something Rei."

Chaotic spread his wings and took to the skies. Flying gave him a sense of relief. He couldn't be destructive in the sky. On the ground he felt restricted. He flipped and twirled a couple times until he became dizzy. Whoa.... He hovered down lower to Rei, "Sure you still don't want a ride?" He laughed and flew off ahead of them. He went around a slight bend where he landed on the ground. It was getting darker still, and though he assumed Rei had good eyesight, he hid up in a tree and waited.

ImageImage
~Treece~
*Pristine*
Treece
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Fish » 02/26/2008 10:46 PM

OOC: College? Wow. -is still in high school- D:

Rei paused, scrutinizing the offer. No, it wouldn't hurt, but would it work? He smiled meekly. "Your right it wouldn't hurt to teach her something. The worst that could happen is her still not being able to communicate. Haha." He laughed slightly. A breeze blew through his fur and he shivered. "As for me teaching you something, I'm fine with it, but I wouldn't know what to teach you."

Watching Chaotic fly, made Yin yearn to do so also. She decided against it though, for now that is. Instead she lifted herself into the air a few feet and headed towards Rei. She approached him slowly, not much in a hurry anyway, and landed squarely upon his back. Snuggling herself in his fur to make a spot she was comfortable with.
Rei sighed. Her actions grew on him, so he didn't mind as much. But still, she added at least ten more pounds if not more. He treaded forward. He didn't care much for a ride. He wasn't fond of heights in other words. So, when Chaotic flew closer to them he called up to him, "Nah, I'm quite comfortable down here." Then he continued on watching the Garudor fly ahead. The night grew closer and he hoped they wouldn't end up losing there way.  

PENWISHLIST

I used to be Elliot.
Fish
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Treece » 02/27/2008 3:49 PM

OOC: Well, I'm not there yet, but this is my last year in high school. :D

He waited in silence up in the tree until  Rei got closer. He then flew down from the tree and screeched loudly into the night. The trees rustled with smaller animals frightened by the sound. Chaotic landed rough on the sand in from of them. "Ha ha! Did I scare you?" He spread his wings out wide. He slowly lowered his wings to his side and sighed.

"Well, there's alot of things you can teach me I'm sure, such as cooking remember? I can show off to everyone when I get home, though we mostly eat raw food anyway..." He looked over to the horizon and waved to the setting sun, then looked up to the moon. He then yawned. "Hmm, long interesting day..." he mumbled. He turned and continued on down the beach.

"So, this Juliet person, her name is Juliet right? Anyways, is it something special she does? Like, is she a witch of some sort?" Chaotic stopped and turned around, he then laughed. "Sorry I'm acting so silly." He watched as a crab scurried across  in from of him. "But on a more serious note, does live somewhere...how can I say this...Somewhere that may not be teaming with evil creatures?" Chaotic thought for a moment. He could definitely be classified as an evil creature.

ImageImage
~Treece~
*Pristine*
Treece
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Fish » 02/27/2008 5:10 PM

OOC: You're still ahead of me. -has one more year left-  D: What college are you planning on going to? If you don't mind me asking.

Rei tensed when the figure of Chaotic suddenly appeared in front of them. His paws dug into the ground and he most likely would have jumped if it wasn't for Yin on his back.
However, Yin was slightly dozing. She was still able to watch the scene take place, but she wasn't necessarily there. She blinked once at the sight and lowered her head closer to Rei's back.

Yin twitched on Rei's back. He turned his head as far as possible to see if she had finally fallen asleep. Not yet. He sighed through his nose and sstreched his forepaws. "Well, sure. It's not hard really. If you know something you might want to try, I may be able to teach it to you." Rei was taught the hard way, that to find the best thing for someone was to sometimes just ask them. "I can so you when we get to Juliet's place. Uh, she doesn't really own it... But instead it's more of she's borrowing it."

"Yes, her name is Juliet." Rei lowered his head and yawned. He shook his head afterwards, not wanting to get tired. He wasn't tired, or at least he would tell himself that. "A witch? No, not even quite. I doubt she'd ever be able to even to cast a spell." He squinted and peered further into dark. "She is in fact, dead. I'd say she was a ghost, but she's not quite." He swiftly glanced at the Garudor with a slight tilted smirk then back ahead of them. "Unless something evil lives near her, I doubt that. Though, I think she herself, can be known as something evil. Heh heh." She would have thrown something at Rei if she had been around to hear that.

PENWISHLIST

I used to be Elliot.
Fish
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext