If you're looking for beautiful seaside scenery, this is the place for you. Home to the world's largest collection of fishermen and fishing pets, this city is well known, as it provides much of Barakka's fish exports. You should try the famous Broiled Sea Scalla, it's delicious! (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Jawan, the Sea City

Post 16

Postby Josie_Arrikanez » 03/29/2008 9:40 AM

Whilst her Cap`n knew of a good restaurant  Bonnie knew of a good pub. Through the deep bowels of the port city she wove, tugging on Marcello eagerly. "Come on with ye, than! We'll soon have an gang for Cap`n's ship! We can even be picking up some rum whilst we be about. What better way to set sail than in celebration, yarr? Cap`n is sure ta be pleased as a plump porpoise." Bonnie grinned wide as she let go and darted off about a corner, stopping to wait for him before setting off again. Only after several short spurts did she stop to lean against the wall of a rather questionable looking facility. The ruckus inside was loud and rambunctious, and the air smelt of strange concoctions. A window shattered not far from the lass's location, but it didn't seem to phase her much. "Shall we?"
<center>ImageImage

Saving For: Lucain

</center>
Josie_Arrikanez
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 59
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 03/29/2008 9:55 AM

Marcello smiled as he ran to keep up with Bonnie.  "Aye, a li'l celebration for the true maiden voyage o' the Sapphire... Aquina's ne'er taken 'er farther than a few miles out; what, preferrin' the crow's nest ta the wheel." He said.  When he caught the scent of the pub and heard the glass shatter, he chuckled.  "Ah, they be seemin' a bit fiesty in there, yeah?  All the better, we can't be lettin' any lazies onto th' Sapphire." He said.  He nodded as he moved closer to the door to open it.  "Lasses first." He said.

Meanwhile, Aquina leapt nimbly down from the crow's nest and opened the door that lead below deck.  Right at the bottom of the stairs were the cap'n quarters.  She walked right past these and down a tiny flight of stairs.  She smiled.  Her quarters were off in an isolated corner, and there was another room at the opposite end from hers.  She knew who would be staying there, that she did...

{35}{9}
Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this to see what's behind
Got no way to prove it, so maybe I'm lying
Take a look in the mirror, what do you see
Can you see it clearer, or are you deceived in what you believe?
Don't ask my opinion, don't ask me to lie
Then beg for forgiveness for making you cry
'cause I'm no prophet or Messiah
You should go looking somewhere higher

I'm only human, I make mistakes
I'm only human, I do what I can
I'm only human, that's all it takes to put the blame on me

Don't put the blame on me

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5888
Donate

Postby SirMax » 03/29/2008 11:01 AM

Anathema wasn't exactly happy about returning to this particular neighbourhood. Fine, so that was an understatement- she HATED going back here. It was one of her least favourite districts in Jawan. But however much she hated it, the concentration of scum there contained a pretty big concentration of pirates.

Of course, if someone set the place on fire and killed everyone inside, the world would be better off, but that was neither here nor there.

Entertaining herself with that morbid though, Anathema opened the door of the dirty restaurant and headed inside.

[[16]]
SirMax
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Post 17

Postby Josie_Arrikanez » 03/29/2008 11:15 AM

Bonnie nodded and burst into the doorway. "OY! Does this be heaven?" And at that moment it was apparent they knew her. The noise ceased and a rousing reply came forth to meet her. "Well this ain't capitol city!" Bonnie turned to Marcello and nodded in recognition of their welcome before strolling in. The noise soon resumed in it's usual manner, albeit a few lingered for a moment to watch the lass as she strode up to the bar. It was those they might be looking into recruiting, but the interest of their observation had yet to be made clear.

The restaurant was a different story. Everyone seemed to be scrapping over something, albeit mainly food and drink. The entrance of outsiders was trivial. Only one seemed to acknowledge the presence of the ship's captain, and she called out over the crowd. "Ahoy! Welcome. Have a seat, if you can find one!" The voice belonged to none other than a rather odd thing to see in such a place. Amidst the grime and tattered patrons, a rather sharp looking girl could be found bordering their fringe. Her pink eyes spoke of a delicate creature, hidden behind the glass walls that allowed her sight. A smile played upon her visage though as she observed Ana and the crowd, almost seeming pleased at the knowledge she could be well told apart from them. Skirt and lace aside, her mettle was well exhibited as one of the rowdier patrons reached over the buffet  to try and make a grab at her. He was promptly met with an angry skillet and an ice cold brew being promptly thrown at his head. "Back with you, you mange infested ship rat!"
<center>ImageImage

</center>
Josie_Arrikanez
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 03/29/2008 11:25 AM

Marcello smiled as he followed Bonnie into the bar, his eyes traveling over all of the people that were there.  There were a few that looked at the two, quietly murmuring to themselves.  He shrugged this off anf sat down next to Bonnie.  "So, d'you be seein' anyone 'ere that looks worthy o' bein' recruited?" He asked.  Then, turning to look at the selection of rums there, he aske,d "Should we be gettin' Parrot Bay or Cap'n Morgan's rum for the crew?  I prefer Cap'n Morgan's, but I don't know the cap'n's tastes." He said.

Meanwhile, Aquina had resumed her watch from the crow's nest, and it looked like Marcello's absence was being noted by the lead guard.  She leapt down and said, "Pardon me, good sir, but Marcello's going to be setting sail with me.  Before I took up merchant sailing, Marcello and I lived together, and he's told me that he wants to go sailing now." She explained.  The lead guard chuckled and said, "Well then, I'll just drop his... effects here.  Always had at least six swords on hand, he did..." He said.

{36}{10}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SirMax » 03/29/2008 7:53 PM

Scum, scum, and more scum. What a surprise. What a SHOCKER. Anathema stepped nimbly out of the way of a flying bottle as she entered, pirouetting and kicking another assailant in the face. Ah, yes, she so LOVED the memories here. Drunk idiots trying to attack her. Wonderful. Maybe she'd use her sword this time.

Spotting someone K.O'ing someone with a skillet, she figured that she'd probably found a cook. Pushing a drunkard roughly out of the way, she headed towards the buffet, kicking one who was starting to get up. She'd recognised that one. The idiot had caused her lots of trouble. It was satisfying kicking him in the face. "Hello, lassie." she called the chef, as she made her way through the crowd. "So what sin did y' commit ta get stuck in this place?"

[[17]]
SirMax
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Postby Josie_Arrikanez » 09/09/2008 7:38 PM

As the patron was placated by means of iron will - and skillet, the girl turned to meet Anathema. Luminous optics made short work of assessing her before a decisive air of tolerance came about her and the girl relaxed. A smile and wink was slipped Ana's way as the girl settled back onto the untouchable laurels that came with holding the title of chef. This time she was able to speak without lifting so much over the din. "Greetings, and as for sin, no more than being born into it, I suppose. What brings you into port and famished as you are? Whatever the reason - I can make anything you please, short of a clear conscience."

Bonnie on the other hand was looking to make honestly pledged sailors of the motley assortment the tavern sported. She didn't pause for a moment as she slid in close to Marcello and jerked a thumb towards the back. "As for the rum, it be Morgan. Cap'n for a cap'n, and all that. As fer crew, methinks we have a few onlookers might be feared into comin with us." ((sorry, crappy but I couldn't think of who to throw in XP ))
<center>ImageImage

</center>
Josie_Arrikanez
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 09/13/2008 3:12 PM

Marcello thought for a moment.  "There, I have no objections." He said, laughing as he looked around at all the patrons that were there.  "O' course, it doesn't help that Aquina had to stay behind.  She probably coulda been of some help here." He mused.  After a moment, he shrugged.  "How d'ya propose we go about recruitin' them?" He asked.

Stowing Marcello's swords in his quarters, Aquina laughed.  "Always six swords on hand.  That man sure knows how to fight." She said as she gracefully scaled her way to the crow's nest.  She looked around as she noted the sun's position.  "They oughta hurry up, otherwise we'll have ta stay at the dock till the morn." She said.

[8.2][3.1]

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SirMax » 09/13/2008 8:53 PM

Anathema grinned at the chief, stepping over a dazed patron and pulling up a seat next to the buffet.  "Well, around here, bein' born's the eighth deadly sin, isn't it?" she said, leaning forward in her chair and resting her elbows on the counter. "I'm not looking for a clear conscience, but as far as your cookin' goes I'm more interested in where y' can cook rather than what, if y' get my meaning."

Looking over the chief in more detail, Anathema frowned slightly. The chief seemed to hold up in a fight, but she didn't look like the type to hang out on boats. Seemed a bit high maintenance, bad neighbourhood aside. "Maybe I should be more clear, aye. I'm on the lookout for a pirate cook."

[[18]]
SirMax
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Postby Josie_Arrikanez » 09/14/2008 8:54 PM

"Aye, it is, but not much can be done about helping that sort of thing." As the woman leaned forwards, eyes ravenously picking at her countenance. Marie fidgeted with the edging of her lace as she mulled the matter over. Her eyes wandered towards the back edging of the counter. "Well, ya see, miss, it isn't up to the matter of where so much as why. I'll be needing a bit of...incentive...to up and go, you know. The ties to the business and all that. Or, to be blunt," She returned her attentions to Anathema then, smiling a bit more meekly than her prior actions would give her credit to, "What's in it for me?"

"Well, we could always get them drunk and drag them back." Was her general reply, stated more of a fact of the matter more so than an idea formulated. What manner of woman simply intoxicated her prey before dragging them into the night? Bonnie grinned to herself, knowing the answer to be more than many people supposed. That might not fly so well this time though, so she did another look around of the place. "Well, I suggest if that doesn't tickle your fancy, we could always just ask around the place. Bound to be one of those sorts willing to run away from something."
<center>ImageImage

</center>
Josie_Arrikanez
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 09/16/2008 9:55 AM

"So long as we can actually get them to the ship, I'm not opposed to gettin' them drunk." Marcello said.  "However, I do doubt that dear Aquina would take to havin' drunk men aboard her ship.  I do suggest we ask about first before resorting to drink." He added.  The thought of having one of his best friends angry at him before setting sail was not something that tickled his fancy.

Aquina sat silently in the crow's nest, pondering something silently.  "I am sorry, my dear brother and sister, but... this be my callin', and I'm not gonna ignore it any longer." She said as she thought about her siblings, Neptune and Fontina.  She shook her head after a moment and said, "A pirate is free, and a pirate be what I am!"

[8.3][3.2]

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SirMax » 11/08/2008 11:02 PM

"Aye, incentive. That'd be the thing." Anathema replied slightly awkwardly. She had been hoping that it wouldn't come up so soon, but it did have to be dealt with- Anathema, at present, had no money to bribe anyone. Her purse wasn't completely empty, but she couldn't afford to buy people onto her ship. "Well, y'd be a pirate. Y'd get your share of gold and treasure, and we'd give y' weapons and the like. But nothing upfront." she paused for a moment.

"I guess..." she admitted, looking seriously at the cook. "Y' have the choice between keeping your safe job here, or taking a risk for a lot more money later on." looking around, she shrugged and added. "And since this isn't a very riskfree sort o' job, I know what I'd be choosin'."

[[19]]
SirMax
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Previous