If you're looking for beautiful seaside scenery, this is the place for you. Home to the world's largest collection of fishermen and fishing pets, this city is well known, as it provides much of Barakka's fish exports. You should try the famous Broiled Sea Scalla, it's delicious! (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Jawan, the Sea City

Post 6

Postby Josie_Arrikanez » 02/21/2008 3:52 PM

Was that all? Bonnie chuckled softly to herself before shaking her mirth away. "You thought we were going to skewer you, is that it? As long as you keep quiet...and try not to impale my friend here, I don't see the big deal. In fact, why don't you come with us? I'm sure we can mug a sailor to get you some new clothes, and two people running a ship is near daft."
<center>ImageImage

Saving For: Lucain

</center>
Josie_Arrikanez
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 59
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 02/21/2008 6:32 PM

Marc gave Ana a quizzical look again before he took his right hand and held the blade in its place, moving away from it so that it wasn't so close to tickling the skin near his jugular.  "Yes... Shouldn't be too hard to mug a sailor.  Especially the drunk ones.  They're already knocked out, so all you have to do is steal their clothes.  Easier to do it when their drinking's done the first part of the job for ya." He said, nodding in agreement with Bonnie.  "We're not like Will and Jack.  We can't take over a galleon by our onesy, savvy?" He said.

{25}
Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this to see what's behind
Got no way to prove it, so maybe I'm lying
Take a look in the mirror, what do you see
Can you see it clearer, or are you deceived in what you believe?
Don't ask my opinion, don't ask me to lie
Then beg for forgiveness for making you cry
'cause I'm no prophet or Messiah
You should go looking somewhere higher

I'm only human, I make mistakes
I'm only human, I do what I can
I'm only human, that's all it takes to put the blame on me

Don't put the blame on me

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5888
Donate

Postby SirMax » 02/21/2008 6:55 PM

Anathema sighed and lowered her sword, rubbing her temple with her other hand. "You don't know much about bein' a pirate, do you?" she asked, looking up at the two of them. "Alright, listen." she started, sheathing her sword and crossing her arms.

"You can't just mug a sailor. Especially not if he's drinking, and DEFINITELY not if he owns a ship. Sailors that are on active duty never drink alot, they drink with their shipmates, and if they own a ship they have a loyal crew. If you take out a captain and try to take his ship, the crew will kill you." She'd been taught well by her experiences, why not impart the knowledge?

"The only way to mug a sailor is when he's off with a girl, and the only way to steal a ship is when the whole crew is off drinking. Once you steal it, you have to immediately take it to the next port and get it repainted and before you even dock at the next port, paint over the old name and rechristen it. If you don't you'll get tracked instantly."

[[6]]
SirMax
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Post 7

Postby Josie_Arrikanez » 02/23/2008 2:41 PM

Bonnie gently traced the back of her neck with her fingertips as a plan formulated. "We're going to need to be pickier about which ship we hijack, huh? We'll need one already fitted with some loot, so we can afford that kind of stuff." Her focus then turned towards the stranger. "Well, you've been skulking around, which ship do you propose we liberate?"
<center>ImageImage

</center>
Josie_Arrikanez
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 02/23/2008 2:47 PM

Marcello looked back to Bonnie before saying, "Indeed... we are going to need to be just a tad pickier.  But before we do anything else, you need a weapon." He said, starting to head off towards the watchman's quarters.  "I have plenty of swords stowed away in my office here, and I believe I might even have an extra pistol." He said, beckoning for Bonnie--and Ana, if she wanted to--to follow him quickly.

{26}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SirMax » 02/23/2008 3:45 PM

"I don't know of any good ships in the area." Anathema said, shrugging. "As you can see, this dock's empty. I suggest we use guard-boy there's credentials to check out the ships, find a likely one and stake it out until the crew leaves." When Marcello headed off to the quarters, she followed after him. Not because she needed a sword, or a pistol- they were such unreliable things, you couldn't even get them wet- but because she didn't trust them yet. They might run off without her. Or sneak around behind her and shoot her.

[[7]]
SirMax
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Post 8

Postby Josie_Arrikanez » 03/03/2008 2:54 PM

Bonnie was close behind. Being armed to the teeth was an exciting prospect and promised to better their chances. "Why didn't you say you had arms earlier? Those sailors won't stand a chance against us three, aye?" Indeed! Not that Bonnie had been properly trained in such arms, but it was quick learning. You either did or die, so it was not dually concerning. "Keep an eye out for a ship on the way, neh?"
<center>ImageImage

</center>
Josie_Arrikanez
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 03/07/2008 6:46 PM

Marc nodded.  "I have plenty of spare arms to outfit you to the point where you'll not be in danger." He said, a smile on his features now as he took a casual pace and started to head down to the main area.  However, as he began to head to the office, a voice behind him said, "Stealin' a ship now, are ya?"

Human/Anthro form.  Aquina, Hydrokuhna.

Marcello stopped dead in his tracks.  He knew that voice.  Once again, it spoke.  "You know, Marc... I thought that you were more... moralized than that.  Why not simply borrow one from a willing pirate?"

He finally turned around.  "Aquina.  What a surprise." He said.  The female with blue hair smiled as she hopped off of her ship.  "C'mon, Marc.  You know my ship is always open to new people..." She said teasingly.

{27}{1}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SirMax » 03/08/2008 11:39 AM

Oh joy, another conspirator. Well, at least having a pirate willing to give them a ship would make all of this easier. But if she had a ship, she might have a crew and might consider herself the captain. Anathema's hand tarried to her sword hilt again.

She was NOT going to have some random girl ruin her one chance to hunt down her nemesis. If this girl was going to be captain and ignore Anathema's motives, she was going to find herself on the wrong end of a mutiny.

[[8]]
SirMax
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Post 9

Postby Josie_Arrikanez » 03/09/2008 9:56 AM

Despite her normal disposition, there was something about the woman she didn't like. It had been too convenient. How long had she been watching, and how long had she had to prepare for their arrival? Bonnie crossed her arms and arched a brow, surveying Aquina. "Well, how long have ye been about, sneaky wench? And what do ye think we'd be wanting with your ship? There are plenty more afloat in the harbor."
<center>ImageImage

</center>
Josie_Arrikanez
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 03/09/2008 10:19 AM

Aquina laughed, her two tails waving about.  "I always make port here.  I always try to get in here about the same time that Marc here begins his run of the ships.  Y'see, miss, Marc and I go way back.  He may not be a pirate, but I am, miss, don't get me wrong." She said, pointing to her flag.  "And... it just so happens that I was gonna be stealin' Marc away from this city today.  But it seems as though he's acquired a good bit o' company." She said.

Marcello's face reddened slightly.  "Aye, she is the pirate I live with, true enough.  Or lived with.  Either way." He said.  "Aquina... she's always the first to arrive at the harbor.  And she always pesters me during my usual run about the docks about sailin' away from Jawan with her, but I always tell 'er that I can't leave just yet."

The female giggled as she walked over to Marcello and drew a hand up his arm.  "You can trust me.  I'm a very good friend of Marcello's.  I mean, just look at her." She said, pointing to her ship.  "Poor girl's not getting much use with someone who only sees herself fit for the crow's nest.  And I can't seem to get a crew to adopt me wi' her because... well, I'm a female.  Most pirates believe it's bad luck to be lettin' a female on board the ship as anything other than entertainment." She said.

{28}{2}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SirMax » 03/09/2008 7:06 PM

Anathema still wasn't sure that she trusted this girl, but, on the other hand, she didn't trust any of them particularly, so she might as well leap at the opportunity. "Aye. Well then, let's be going. No reason to steal a ship when we can get one for free." At the girls remark about her difficulties in getting a crew, Anathema barely managed to resist snorting in derision. They only held that sort of opinion about useless girls. She'd never run into a pirate who wouldn't let a girl on board if she could beat him in a fight barehanded, or who could work a sail.

[[9]]
SirMax
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Post 10 - Level 3

Postby Josie_Arrikanez » 03/09/2008 7:10 PM

The prospect of a pretty new ship changed her tune from a requiem to an aria within minutes. A great grin broke afresh over her features as she offered her hand to the woman. "Why didn't ya say so sooner?! `Course we'll come along with ye, provided ye don't mind the company - which it don't seem like ya do." She had asked after all, right? "Marcello needs ta get out more as it is, and no better time than the present, aye?"
<center>ImageImage

</center>
Josie_Arrikanez
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 03/10/2008 5:26 PM

Aquina's eyes lit up as she said, "I don't mind the company at all, Miss...?"

Marcello coughed as he moved slightly to the side from her.  "Her name's Bonnie, Aquina." He said hurriedly.  The Hydrokuhna laughed and said, "Well then, Miss Bonnie, who is it that I'll be callin' my cap'n, you or your other friend here?" She asked, pointing to Anathema.  Marcello laughed.  "I notice how you ask if it's one o' them, Aquina.  Very sublte." He said.

"But of course, Marc.  You always say your eye is more trained to the stars than anything else.  You an' your star-gazin' do not belong in the cap'n's post." She said firmly.  Marcello offered a shrug before saying, "Well, are we gonna ditch this place or not?"

{29}{3}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SirMax » 03/15/2008 10:14 AM

"I don't think tha's a question any one of us can answer alone." Anathema said carefully. "Seems to me that if someone claims to be captain and th' others don't agree, there's goin' ta be fightin'. I think we need to agree on a captain right here, right now." She considered suggesting they decide by a duel, but it wouldn't look good to kill one of her crew if there was a possibility of gaining command peacefully.

[[10]]
SirMax
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

PreviousNext