If you're looking for beautiful seaside scenery, this is the place for you. Home to the world's largest collection of fishermen and fishing pets, this city is well known, as it provides much of Barakka's fish exports. You should try the famous Broiled Sea Scalla, it's delicious! (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Jawan, the Sea City

Post 11

Postby Josie_Arrikanez » 03/18/2008 4:05 PM

Bonnie had no doubt in her mind who was in charge though. She chuckled softly before shaking her head. "Ain't it obvious? `S clear who the cap`n ought be, me loves." There, she promptly jerked her thumb towards the rightful head. "She's gon` be cap`n, aye?" And by 'she', she meant Ane. "Ya seem to be knowin what we ought do, anyway. Twas you that suggested our course `o action, so ye might as well keep on about it."
<center>ImageImage

Saving For: Lucain

</center>
Josie_Arrikanez
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 59
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 03/19/2008 5:40 PM

Aquina smiled.  "Well then, let us be putting some water between us and this port!" She said, leaping onto the deck of her ship and then climbing up the mast to the crow's nest like... well, a Kuhna.  Her nails were her claws.  "Come on, mateys!  We ain't got all day!" She called down.

Marcello laughed.  "I don't see why not.  Let's jsut get on board, and then we can chart a course later.  Let's just get out of here." He said, turning to Bonnie and smiling before he leapt onto the ship.  "We're waitin' for yer orders, Cap'n Anathema." He said.

{30}{4}
Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this to see what's behind
Got no way to prove it, so maybe I'm lying
Take a look in the mirror, what do you see
Can you see it clearer, or are you deceived in what you believe?
Don't ask my opinion, don't ask me to lie
Then beg for forgiveness for making you cry
'cause I'm no prophet or Messiah
You should go looking somewhere higher

I'm only human, I make mistakes
I'm only human, I do what I can
I'm only human, that's all it takes to put the blame on me

Don't put the blame on me

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5888
Donate

Postby SirMax » 03/20/2008 7:59 PM

Cap'n Anathema. Now there was a phrase she'd wanted to her for a very long time. With a crew and a ship- granted, the ship could be a tub for all she knew, and her crew was only three other people and her, but still- she could start off on a journey to get a fighting fit crew and then get her revenge. She smiled.

Looking over the ship, she felt hopeful. It wasn't huge, but it wasn't immediately apparent a worthless tub. It could be full of holes, but it seemed fine. "Is she already properly stocked and armed, Aquina?"

[[11]]
SirMax
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Post 12

Postby Josie_Arrikanez » 03/21/2008 4:08 PM

Bonnie was aboard and settled before the surf could meet the shore once more. Her place was found upon the rigging, perfectly suited to position herself twixt the ropes that were woven high above the deck. "Yarr! Let us be rid of this accursed land below and on to the bonnie fine waters! To sea, me pretties....and Marcello!" The time had surely come for them now that they settled each upon the fine vessel that would be theirs. Today was a day for sailin. Today was a day to be a pirate! "Yarr!!"
<center>ImageImage

</center>
Josie_Arrikanez
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 03/23/2008 6:34 PM

Aquina smiled and nodded.  "Aye, the Sea Sapphire was jsut restocked an' I was just cleanin' out her guns before you came by.  She's all ready to go." She said, smiling from the crow's nest.  "Now, let us be off!" She said, letting her hair whip around in the wind.

Marcello was on deck soon enough, situated at the helm.  "Well, Cap'n Anathema, what be our heading?" He asked, standing next to the wheel.  Now was the time to be getting away from Jawan and out to the open seas where they belonged.

{31}{5}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SirMax » 03/24/2008 12:34 AM

"The first order of business be to get us a few more crew members. I've never seen a ship run well with four men, 'specially not when half of 'em are greener 'n kelp. " Anathema said matter of factly, climbing onto the ship and taking immediate command. "And I especially never seen four men take on an entire attacking pirate or navy ship. So let's find us some sailors!"

[[12]]
SirMax
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Post 13

Postby Josie_Arrikanez » 03/25/2008 11:16 AM

"Awwr..." Bonnie sunk down low in her rope nest and eyed her captain. "How do ye propose we go about doin that, Cap`n? We can't very well be walkin up to random blokes, goin on about piracy and sailin. It isn't done." But on the other hand, she had a point. Bonnie couldn't realistically picture just the few of them running the large vessel, let alone defending it on open waters. Surely there was a tactful way of going about recruiting a few good...or bad...men. She seemed to mull over it for a moment before vocalizing her thoughts. "Well...we be needing a doctor aboard, we be needing a cook, some muscle, and a few experienced types ta be keeping it all running smoothly...`less Marcello is co-captain as it were. I don't have much interest in the position on my own accord."
<center>ImageImage

</center>
Josie_Arrikanez
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 03/25/2008 11:30 AM

Aquina thought for a moment.  "Aye, a cook, a doctor, and a few other blokes..." She sighed as she looked down over the dock.  "Well, where d'ya think we should look?  I mean, I'm not gonna trust just anyone who gets on my ship, even if I'm not 'er cap'n.  Almost lost her once, don't plan on losin' her ever." She said.

Marcello looked around thoughtfully.  "Well, then, that rules out the tavern and maybe the recruitin' agency... I dunno.  We might just have to get a few blokes just off the dock." He said, shrugging.  "And I myself am none too fond of that notion.  Any suggestions from ye, Cap'n?" He asked.

{32}{6}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SirMax » 03/25/2008 12:42 PM

"I've never been on th' recruitin' end of this lark before. All the crews I've been part of in the past, I wasn't around when they was bein' built from just a few people." she frowned slightly. "I don't have a notion how to go about it." This could be a problem- how would they get a crew if none of them knew how to get a crew? "We could just look and listen at the ports. Find people talkin' about bein' a pirate and approach them."

[[13]]
SirMax
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Post 14

Postby Josie_Arrikanez » 03/25/2008 12:48 PM

Bonnie nodded and began her descent onto the deck. "Right. We'll have a listen about than. I'll head to the north section of this `ere port city. There be a few crowds hanging `bout there. That ism with the cap`n's leave, of course. What say you? Shall we split up and meet back here afor it gets dark?"
<center>ImageImage

</center>
Josie_Arrikanez
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 03/27/2008 12:51 PM

Marcello and Aquina listened intently.  Finally, Aquina said, "You go wi' the lady, Marcello.  I'll either go with the cap'n or I'll be stayin' here to keep the Sapphire safe." She said.

Marcello chuckled.  "All right.  I'll go with Bonnie then.  Just don't get yourself in trouble, right, Aquina?" He said.  The femme Hydrokuhna laughed.  "Yarr!  You don't worry about me, Marc.  Just go wi' your lady an' find us some people." She said.

Marcello blushed as he muttered, "She's not my lady..." before walking over to her.  "Shall we?" He asked.

{33}{7}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SirMax » 03/28/2008 12:44 PM

Ugh. The heroine and the guard, hooking up already. So predictable. So aggravatingly sickly sweet. She rolled her eyes and turned to Aquina. "Aye, I can take care of m'self. You'd better stay here to make sure no one does what were plannin' to our ship, aye?" with that, she turned and headed off. Time to find some more crew members.

[[14]]
SirMax
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Post 15 - Level 3

Postby Josie_Arrikanez » 03/28/2008 2:03 PM

Bonnie nodded and loosed herself from her perch. "Off to find recruits we go, than. We be hittin up yonder pub, brothel, or abbey first?" At least two of the three seemed teeming with prospect. "On second thought, we be skippen the brothel...To the pub? There be nothing like alcohol to sway a man's fancy...among other things." Bonnie grinned and started towards the ship's edge, ready to go. So eager was she that she launched herself from the ship's deck onto the dock, starting off in the direction of her fancy.
<center>ImageImage

</center>
Josie_Arrikanez
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 03/28/2008 2:09 PM

Marcello chuckled as he launched himself over onto the dock as well.  "I like the sound o' that plan, lass.  Let us be goin' off to the pub now!" He said, walking off with his tails waving peacefully from side to side.

"Don't bring no drunkards back to my ship!" Aquina called out before turning back to the captain.  "You 'ave my word that the Sapphire'll be rigth 'ere where ye left 'er when ya get back, savvy?" She said.  Soon, she was left by her lonesome on the ship.  Typical.  Except this time, if they were lucky, within an hour or so, there'd be a crew aboard the ship.

{34}{8}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SirMax » 03/28/2008 3:53 PM

Anathema rolled her eyes as she continued to walk. Go figure that they'd go to a bar. Probably get drunk and come back wrapped around each other, giggling and embarrassed in the morning. Tsk. Typical.

An abbey? Where were they going to find cutthroat pirates in an abbey? Anathema sighed. They needed a cook, right? So go to a restaurant. But they needed a pirate cook, so go to a restaurant in a bad neighbourhood. Luckily, she knew one.

[[15]]
SirMax
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

PreviousNext