If you're looking for beautiful seaside scenery, this is the place for you. Home to the world's largest collection of fishermen and fishing pets, this city is well known, as it provides much of Barakka's fish exports. You should try the famous Broiled Sea Scalla, it's delicious! (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Jawan, the Sea City

Breaking and Entering [Open to All]

Postby Ibidem » 03/22/2008 1:57 AM

[ Human Form ]

Jawan didn't quite strike Sampson as an exciting place. I really didn't appear to be as...eventful as Octavius had made it out to be. Perhaps it was his 'Sibyl' that made him think so highly of this place? The crash of waves on rocks and the smell of the sea was great, but it wasn't like it was anything new to him. The smell of fresh fish that had permeated the areas around the docks was completely lost.

The 'inner' city struck him as...gloomy. Most of the businesses in this sector appeared to have either shut down and abandoned or shut down and used to house the family of the former business owner. He hadn't seen any people around, but he had seen some rather poor looking animals slinking about, probably unfortunate ones who had been left behind when their masters had went out to sea, never to return. The Lucain-pretending-to-be-human put his hands in the pockets of his jeans and looked around doubtfully, hazel eyes searching for a sign that might indicate and butcher's shop. It took him a few minutes, but, eventually he spotted something that might have once been a ham painted on one of the signs.

A brisk walk to the building was just enough for the young man to almost loose his nerve. Standing in front of the old brick building he was pretty sure that the promise of exploring creepy tunnels where people had died wasn't even worth the risk of breaking into this establishment. He had been told that the owners would be 'fine with it', but most others wouldn't. There where no owners here. He would not be getting any permission from them even within a week. Or month even. He wasn't going to be here that long.

He blinked, pulling his dull sandy coloured hair out of his face and looking about, trying his best to appear innocent. His face was just rounded enough to pull it off, unlike others he knew. Turning his attention away from his surroundings he looked into one of the filthy windows (wishing his shirt had a sleeve) and determined there was no one in there. He hoped no good samaritan showed their face to ruin his intended fun. But...he wasn't looking forward to exploring tunnels on his own. He shifted the backpack he carried from one shoulder to another nervously, knowing full well that it probably looked strange for a man in his mid-to-late twenties was carrying around a backpack.

"I really wish there was someone who would go with me to explore these tunnels. I brought extra flash-lights and everything." He spoke to himself in a voice of false innocence, trying to tempt the fates into providing him with a exploration partner.

Ibidem
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Keystones: 69
Donate

Postby Toon-Souseiseki » 03/22/2008 9:59 PM

((I'll join!))

[center]Image
[Human Form.  her age is 17]

Crystalism was walking towards the sand as she wanted to pray to the sea.  then she saw a man looking innocint and she stood up, wiped herself off of the sand, and walked towards him.  "H-hello.  What're you doing here sir?  Are you here to look at the sunset, or have an adventure?  Perhaps I could be of an assistance.," she said to the Lucain as she folded her hands, ready to take a bow as soon as he answered.
{Crystalism-1}
The heart wants what the Heart GRIEVES FOR
And that's the TRUTH
Though it may hurt, I give what they DESIRE
What they Desire is my own IMITATION
The reality is, my mind thinks FICTION

Musa-The Storytelling Likuta

Toon-Souseiseki
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 220
Donate

Postby Ibidem » 03/25/2008 6:51 PM

As expected, someone had shown up. Glancing from the decrepit door before him to the girl behind him, he blinked. If it wasn't just his luck. A good samaritan-type. Hazel eyes narrowed slightly as he thought of how he should reply. The girl was nearly ten years younger than himself, and he knew others found it so insulting when he spoke to them like they where children.

"Umh...sunset?" He inquired, looking about at the urban sprawl he found himself amongst. A sunset would probably be better than this place but...

"A friend of mine told me that there where some old, abandoned tunnels under this building, where people where murdered once. He used to work here, but..." He erred, looking...uncomfortable.

He wasn't good with dealing with those significantly younger than himself.
Ibidem
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Toon-Souseiseki » 03/26/2008 3:13 PM

"So you don't wanna go in there alone, do you?  Count me in!  I'm game for mysterious murders," said Crystalism.  "Oh.  I'm sorry, I forgot to introduce.  I'm Crystalism, but call me Crystal.  What's your name, by the way?"  She put out a hand of greetment.

{2}
And that's the TRUTH

Toon-Souseiseki
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Ibidem » 03/28/2008 6:52 PM

He actually thought about saying that he wouldn't mind going in alone. He felt like telling the...girl that it wasn't safe for kids to be traipsing about any city alone, much less talking to strange men, er, things. He knew no seventeen year old would appreciate such things, however.

"Hello, Crystal my name is Aza--" He paused mid-word, and seemed to consider something briefly.

"My name is Sampson." He muttered, quietly, as if he weren't quite used to using the name.

He let a smile flicker across his face quickly and rummaged through his (well, it actually belonged to Octavius) backpack, pulling out a flash-light and tossing it towards the Meji in a careless manner.

"Just wait for a moment while I pick this lock..." He muttered again, mostly to himself, turning his attention to the lock which was essentially the only thing between him and the building.

He took a step back, surveying it. It was a pretty cheap lock, he noted. In fact, he bet he could break it without any tools. He grinned to himself, there where some advantages to not being human.
Ibidem
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Toon-Souseiseki » 03/31/2008 9:58 PM

"No problem.  Let me do it," said Crystalism.  With a flick of a nail, the lock was picked and the door was open.  "Shall we go in, now Sampson?"  She blew on her nails and looke dat her new friend that she was interested in.
{3}
And that's the TRUTH

Toon-Souseiseki
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Ibidem » 04/01/2008 12:49 PM

Sampson just sort of blinked, looking over at the Meji with a esentially unreadable expression. He had know she wasn't a human in the first place...but which type of animal was she...he wasn't used to being around too many of the different species in their human disguises.

He glanced around quickly and stepped inside the the building, looking around with interest. Octavius had claimed to have spent much of his childhood in this Butcher Shop. He looked around, and noted with some despair that the man had been rather vague with him. He didn't quite feel like looking randomly around the structure until he found the access.

"If I where Octavius, where would my room be...?" He muttered to himself in a sarcastic tone, eyeing the room he was in sceptically.

No. He looked for a few moments until he came upon a room that he was fairly sure had once belonged to Octavius (there was a stack of books on a bed, and a rather destitute looking couch which looked to have replaced it). Why would anyone live in a Butcher Shop anyway?

"So, two doors to the right." He muttered to himself again, walking down the hall with measured steps.

A few seconds later he had found a sturdy looking door that smelled oddly of mould. That was probably it. Nervously, he tried the door as if something strange was going to happen, but he was greeted with a dark tunnel.

"There it is." He declared, looking slightly triumphant.
Ibidem
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Toon-Souseiseki » 04/07/2008 6:41 PM

"So...  Is this the place we're supose to be," asked Crystalism.
{4}((Sorry for the short post...))
And that's the TRUTH

Toon-Souseiseki
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items