If you're looking for beautiful seaside scenery, this is the place for you. Home to the world's largest collection of fishermen and fishing pets, this city is well known, as it provides much of Barakka's fish exports. You should try the famous Broiled Sea Scalla, it's delicious! (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Jawan, the Sea City

The Sea Monster (Finished)

Postby Yomegami » 03/29/2008 1:38 PM

Forza Del Male

The sea around Jawan's docks was almost still. Maybe this was because it was strangely empty of ships and boats. All of them within sight were tied up at the docks.

It seemed like it was a slow and peaceful day-much to the annoyance of one sea creature.

If one were to cast their eyes over the ocean, they would notice something a good distance away from the docks.

From the shore it was hard to tell what this thing was, as its shape was somewhat distorted and appeared to be a large white smudge, but those underwater would behold a monstrous werebetta-a huge horror of the deep. His underside and face seemed splattered with blood, and a double row of spines ran down his back.

In truth, the "blood" was no more than the creature's natural markings, but that didn't help any to improve his image.

While most Werebettas were off in the War, fighting for either the Imperial or Purine cause, Forza Del Male was laying around in the ocean around the Jawan docks.

He swam slowly, and seemed somewhat docile-but this nature was decieving. The werebetta was here to do a malicious thing-he wanted to sink a ship. But keeping him away from that goal was the fact that nobody seemed to be about in boats today.

While one might be tempted to blame the Werebetta for this, the truth of it was that it had been this way even before Forza's arrival. When he got here, there was nothing going on.

He knew full well he could crash one of the tied up ships, but there was no thrill in that. So now, he was waiting. Waiting for something that might not happen.
Yomegami
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4526
Donate

Postby Yomegami » 03/31/2008 3:03 PM

With a flick of his tail, Forza pushed himself quickly towards the docks. Turning quickly to the right when he neared the coastline, he swam parallel to the shore, his eyes scanning the area in search of any unfortunate creature that might be playing in, or have fallen in, the water.

But, like the sea being empty of ships, the waters were empty of other animals, except for the much smaller, normal fish that were already there. Needless to say, this irritated the werebetta even more.

If there was one thing he couldn't stand, it was boredom. If he was bored for a little too long, he tended to get angry.

This boredom-induced rage is what drove him here, to find something to take his anger and boredom out on. But-there was nothing here.

Thankfully, there were other docks here. Forza decided he would abandon this one and scan the next.

Turning away from the shore, he swam off, heading for a dock on the other side of the sea city.
Yomegami
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SkyWolf11 » 03/31/2008 9:28 PM

((OCC - I'll join if you permit it =3))

Sky Slynx

Name:  Kuay

The sound of crashing waves and seagulls squawking filled the moist air.  Boats of various sizes rocked gently with the waves.  Kuay walked lightly along the shore, just enjoying the scenery.  She needed some time away from her home.  So many creatures had moved in that it was getting a little too crowded for her liking.  Her paws slowly sank into the warm sand as she stopped in her tracks and closed her eyes.  She took in a deep breath and released it slowly.  'Nothing beats the smell of new waves...'  Needless to say, the seas of Jawan soothed her soul.  

"Beautiful..."  She whispered to herself.

The glistening waters engrossed her and she couldn't resist watching them sparkle. Lifting her feet from their places buried beneath the sand, she walked out onto a dock.  Water splashed upon the deck, making the footing harder but Kuay retained her balance as she reached the end.  She sat there, admiring the water, wishing she knew how to swim.  Being a creature most familiar with the skies, she never really gave swimming a thought until recently.
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 680
Donate
Location: Trying to integrate back into Evelonian society :,U

Postby Yomegami » 04/02/2008 3:24 PM

Besides the water swishing as it went past Forza's body, the underwater world was, today, silent. To him, it seemed too quiet.

There were still no boats or ships around, and the sea around this area was again void of sea life besides himself.

He wished he would have convinced one of his owner's kalamarei to come along for the trip, so that he would have someone to talk to during moments like this.

However, even if he had thought of it, his success in getting one to come along would have been very slim. The kalamarei were wary of him, as if they thought he would eat one of them in a heartbeat if given the chance. In fact, he would do that.

Fortunately for the kalamarei, his owner would give it to him if he did so much as bump one of them with his snout. So he often had to wait for his meals to be delivered to him rather that he getting them himself.

Thinking about that made him rather irritated-and also reminded him of the fact that his stomach was empty.

He looked about, and suddenly realized he had been so lost in his own thoughts that he hadn't been paying attention to where he was going. He needed to know that dearly, so he did his best to surface without too much attention.

He hadn't strayed too far from the shoreline, and there was another group of docks up ahead. He had reached his destination, and he wasn't even aware of it.

Casting his glance towards the docks, he noticed something on the deck closest to him. From his standpoint, it looked like some sort of feline, although he was too far away to know for sure. It was a light blue in color, suggesting that it was of the Sky coloration.

This might be his ticket to an easy lunch. Submerging again, he went deep enough as not to attract his target's attention, yet not so deep as to lose complete sight of the docks. Then he approached the docks slowly.
Yomegami
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SkyWolf11 » 04/02/2008 7:59 PM

Kuay was now laying on the dock peacefully, still watching the waves turn.  A tiring feeling washed over her and she gave a huge yawn and stretched.  She was truly enjoying this solitude.  A movement in the water just in front of the dock caught her eye.  Fins flashed as a small fish leap from the water.  Her feline instincts took over and she dipped her paw into the water, swiping at the fish.  The feel of the water on her paw made her smile.  She stood and ran back onto the sandy beach.

"I should give it a try..."  She told herself as she slowly walked out into the shallow waters, holding onto the edge of the dock for support.  A wave crashed gently around her legs and the chill made her skin tingle.  But she still made steady progress into the water.
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Yomegami » 04/03/2008 2:54 PM

Forza made slow but steady progress towards the Docks. It thrilled him nearly to insanity that he was going not only to eat when he wanted to, he was going to get fresh meat-a deliecy he rarely enjoyed back home.

While he judged how far he was from the docks, he heard something splash into the sea. He looked up, and saw the feline he was stalking striding around in the shallows.

He nearly whooped. This hunt had to end successfully, because his victim was delivering itself to him on a silver platter, practically. Changing his course and speeding up slightly, the werebetta continued to get closer to the shore.
Yomegami
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SkyWolf11 » 04/03/2008 5:50 PM

"Whoa!"  Kuay gave a sharp cry as the sand from under her feet shifted.  Before she realized what happened, her head had gone under the water and she was frantically pawing at the water, trying to reach the surface.  Her claws broke the water's surface and dug into the post of the dock as she regained her footing.

Splllllshhhh!! *supposed to be splashing sound X3*

Her head burst from the water and she gasped loudly for air. She shook the water from her head and braced the dock post with her other paw.  Her eyes shone with excitement and fright all at once.  

"Maybe I should stop before I drown!"  She gasped.  Suddenly, her ears pricked up and her body went rigid, eyes focused unwavering on the water.  

"What was...I thought I....heard something..."  She whispered to herself.  No matter how focused she was, all that she could hear was the water crashing against objects and the high pitched cries of the seagulls.  'Maybe it was just the water...'  She shook the feeling off and began to hoist herself back up onto the dock.
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Yomegami » 04/04/2008 10:29 PM

Forza hadn't moved very much when suddenly his target lost its footing and tumbled further into the ocean. Now, he could tell what he was hunting-a sky slynx.

His instincts told him to rush forwards and seize the unfortunate slynx while it was vulnerable, but his mind told him to stay hidden and out of sight.

He followed the latter suggestion (although it took a great deal of willpower), and was proved justified in this decision when the slynx froze and stared almost directly at him. After a few moments, it lost its wariness and proceeded to begin climbing back onto the dock.

Upon seeing this, the werebetta was made aware that his prey was getting away, and it was time to launch the attack.

Becoming extremely eager for his upcoming meal, Forza drove himself towards the slynx, jaws agape and his eyes filled with carnivorous frenzy.
Yomegami
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SkyWolf11 » 04/06/2008 6:50 PM

A loud roaring sound made Kuay scramble even faster up onto the dock.  Eyes filled with fright and surprise, she quickly spun around on the dock and scanned the water.  Nothing seemed to be disturbing the surface but she knew she had heard something.  She knew she wasn't going crazy.  

Her instincts were telling her to turn tail now and escape while she could.  However, she had always been a curious creature; her mind told her to stay and investigate.  A wave crashed against the dock's posts, throwing water up onto the dock and over Kuay's feet.  That sound she had heard earlier made her quite jumpy.  The waters touch made her slide back but she couldn't maintain her footing and she fell forward.  She caught herself before she went back into the ocean.
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Yomegami » 04/08/2008 3:16 PM

Even in his frenzy, it didn't escape Forza's notice that the slynx was becoming a bit more wary. However, the foolish creature stayed behind, and nearly fell back into the sea.

As far as he was concerned, lunch was a few seconds away.

And a few moments later, the ocean around the docks exploded as the 25 foot long monster burst out of the sea, "bloody" jaws snapping in an attempt to snatch the slynx and drag it to an untimely death. However, because of his eagerness and blinded by the fact that he was soon to feed clouded his judgement, and there was a major chance that his prey would escape his fearsome maw.
Yomegami
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SkyWolf11 » 04/08/2008 7:38 PM

At the sight of a huge monster-like fish lunging at her, Kuay panicked and sprung to the side, trying to avoid its crushing jaws on her body.  The water sitting on the dock once more burdened her and she slipped as she landed.  She found herself level with the dock, her side aching from the impact with the rough wood.  Fighting the pain she rose to her feet and managed to catch a glimpse of what exactly attacked her.  

"A Werebetta!  I thought those things were long gone!"  She growled out in surprise.  She had heard terrible tales of Werebettas and some of those stories had said they had long ago abandoned the waters of Jawan.  Apparently the story was mistaken.  Her side still rippling with pain, she harshly called out to the beast,

"What do you want with me?  I have caused no harm to you!"

{5 = level 2}
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Yomegami » 04/10/2008 3:05 PM

For a few more moments, Forza continued to thrash and snap, even though it became obvious that there was nothing getting caught in his jaws.

Finally, the waters calmed, and the monstrous werebetta gazed around the area, searching for his prey. His frenzy, however, was not yet gone, as it was still in his facial expression.

It took him a few seconds to locate the slynx, but was alerted to where it was standing when it called to him, asking what he wanted with it. Judging by the voice, it was a female.

"What do I want? Food, that's what! I'm starving!" he snarled in response. He considered charging at the slynx again, but decided against it-by now, she was probably aware of his presence, thus increasing the chance that she would escape lest he attack.
Yomegami
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SkyWolf11 » 04/11/2008 11:22 PM

As the waters settled Kuay could make out the shadow of the werebetta beneath the waters surface.  A deep voice that made her fur stand on end answered her previous question.  'Food!?  He thinks I'm food!?'  Her fur bristled as a low growl escaped her throat.  

She knew this confrontation would most likely turn for the worst, if it hadn't already, but if it did then she would fight 'til the very end.  Quickly she wiped the probable outcomes from her mind.  She had to stay alert.  This fish meant business.

"So you think I'm your next meal?  I don't think so."  She growled, crouching in a flexible position to where she could dodge or attack if need be.  "I'm not going to sit back and become dinner for a fish.  I refuse to go down in such a mannor."
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Twisted_Shadow » 04/12/2008 10:19 AM

(I hope its okay when I...burst in XD)

Cinnamon

Cinnamon flew over the ocean, near the docks, and enjoyed the feeling of being carried by the wind. Cin was happy to escape her home for just a little time, and planned to have a nice day... She watched a Werebetta lurking arround in the water. She did never really liked fish, but this one gave her the creeps. It was so huge! But then she saw the Slynx, who was now standing on the dock, was getting into serious trouble. Somehow, Cinnamon didnt want that critter to be eaten by a fish...that Slynx remynded her of her own sister, allthough Nevaeh was a Sky Yonyuu. after the first attack, the fish swam arround  near the dock. Cinamon lay her wings close to her body, and let herself fall. With incredible speed she rushed towards the ocean. The Chaos Yonyuu let out a fierece screech, a mix between a hawks cry and a wolf growling, and streched her claws out.
she cought herself again, brushed the water surface with one paw and shot back up again in the next second. she flew back into save distance,
cirkeling the beast under her. "Hey Bigfish!" she snarled, and flew a little lower to tease him, very aware of the dangerous situation...
but for Cinnamon, danger always was only a game.
Twisted_Shadow
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items

Postby Akida » 04/12/2008 11:47 AM

Venom Fenling
Lvl: 1
Iiyazu
Common Yonyuu
Lvl: 1
Speranza

After a long moment of idleness on the Barakka world bridge, Akida, her yonyuu, and her fenling. Decided to travel to Jawan, the sea city. The sun was shining, but the breezes were cool and refreshing.
The yonyuu trailed behind in silence, while the fenling ran ahead squeaking and chittering and such.
"Maybe this little trip bring us somewhat closer together right?"
She looked back at the yonyuu and it seemed to shrug. When she looked forward again she could see the city appearing slowly. The fenling came running back and lept onto the yonuu's back. He nestled himself and rested for the upcoming adventures. He knew something was up at that sea place, he could feel it. The others were totally oblivious to what would happen when they arrived.

"Christmas?! I'm starting preparations for the new year celebrations thank you very much!"

Wishlist : Breeding : Sale/Trade : Housing
Akida
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 299
Donate

Next