If you're looking for beautiful seaside scenery, this is the place for you. Home to the world's largest collection of fishermen and fishing pets, this city is well known, as it provides much of Barakka's fish exports. You should try the famous Broiled Sea Scalla, it's delicious! (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Jawan, the Sea City

Suns and Stalkers [Private]

Postby ToxicShadow » 04/02/2008 4:09 PM

Akaona
Human form

More then anything, this whole outing was ridiculous. There was no point to it. Well, other then it was too depressing to stay at home any longer. She wanted to stay there, for certain reasons, but she didn't. There were reasons to leave as well... She just couldn't bare the thought of anyone to get attached her, for any reason at all. Again. All she had wanted to do was mourn, release her heart from some of the built up layers of chains, and it only made it worse that time. She had Severino to blame for that, for deciding that he loved her. Stupid. Just because she held resemblance to his previous love. That was how she saw it anyway, but now her heart was shredded up even more, all thanks to him. She told him she couldn't handle it, that she feared being close to anyone, and he didn't listen.

Akaona ventured through the streets of the city, the deeper part, far away from the docks where you couldn't smell that nasty sea salt. It burned her eyes and her nose, already in pain from the random bursts of tears that crept over her. Her purple hued eyes burned, turning a more red color from all the times she cried. Physically, she was thin, very thin, to a nearly worrying degree. All of her emotional sickness had taken affect on her body by now. She almost looked fragile and breakable. Which, she was. Emotional, she was already broken. Now, think to get in a fight with her, one might be surprised but...she didn't want to fight. Not anymore.

She hide herself beneath her simple clothing, doing her best to blend in, but seeming to fail. She had on pair of thin jeans and a brown dress made of bouncy material over her upper half, the cut going just above the knee. Over that was a green zip-up hoodie with orange stripes from the side. It wasn't like her to own a hoodie, but that was her blending in attempt. Lots of people wore them when wanting to hide. Now, if she had only picked one out that was black instead of those bright colors. Not that she cared. Even if she looked absolutely horrible in fashion, she could really care less. Maybe it ward people away.

Time had not been kept as she wandered like a lost shadow throughout the streets and alleys of the city. The sun was going down, and she didn't know it. She  simply slipped around the edges of crowds, not making eye contact with a single person if they gave her a glance. Nope. She kept her head down, her light brown, semi-wavy hair in her face. Her ears were back against her head, and her three tails kept to themselves, drooping just off the ground. Her tails and ears were all that gave her away for being a Lucain when in this more human form. None the less, the markings of suns on her tails glowed ever faintly, without her knowing it, this time.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2854
Donate

Postby Fish » 04/02/2008 6:47 PM

OOC: So sorry for the late reply Toxic. Amanda came over and kept distracting me. I blame her for both that and the lame post. DX;; So, so sorry!
Ironhide
(Human form)

"And stay out!" A voice hollered, shoving forth a smaller figure into the dark that had already begun to consume the city. "Come back when you've reached adulthood, kid!" The smaller figure hit the ground with a soft 'thud'. The door had closed behind his tossed body with an even louder sound. It seemed like it wasn't going to open back up either.
"I'm freaking twenty!" Ironhide called after as he stood. It was irritating to him, how just because he was smaller than everyone else that people had deemed him a child, when in fact he wasn't. He scoffed at the people. It was their loss anyway: He merely wanted to buy a few drinks from them, but they had refused. His thoughts throbbed around their actions. He hated all of it and wished to just take his gun and... Gun?! Ironhide turned sharply on his plain shoe's heel.  His pale blue eyes searching to the ground that stretched before him. His case was no longer placed behind his back and that caused him to panic.
"Oh no! Oh no! He's gonna kill me if I don't finish the job." Finally the real reason as to why he was here came back to Iron. It had seemed that he had forgotten why exactly he was here during his antics earlier. Now that they have returned it caused a great fear in him. Everything that he needed was in that case. Not only that, but it was a gift from his friend. He searched furiously. Ironhide could have sworn that he brought it with him when he left this morning. He swore he had it on when he even entered the bar. The bar... The male turned slowly to the large door. Could it still be in there? Surely they wouldn't let him back in. He smirked. No they wouldn't let him back in, but was that really going to stop him? He was known for not listening to other people, so entering a bar without their permission was no big of a deal. He paused though. The problem with that plan was first getting into the place.

The male rubbed a scrapped hand through his uneven hair. Two furry ears revealed themselves behind his bangs where they normally hid. If he remembered clearly he was the only Lucain in there, so surely his twin tails and ears would reveal himself. "Ah well,"His mind tried to form a way around it. The human Lucain sighed. The collar to his leather jacket was too short to cover his ears, and his light purple tails stuck out like a sore thumb compared to his faded-black skinny jeans. It was hopeless to begin with. Ironhide sighed before he strode to the doorway. With a tanned hand he banged on it, his voice calling after. "Hey, I had a case with me!"He continuously rapped at the door. No answer came for his response. "I know your fat-lard of a body is still in there—"The door ripped open, the man from earlier blocking his path as if he was a boulder. "Oh hey, now that you're here mind returning my—"The man swiftly swung Ironhide's guitar into his diaphragm knocking the smaller figure back onto the gravel.
"Come near here again,"The man snarled. "And I'll make you regret it."Ironhide coughed as he tried to suck into air: It sent pain throughout his body. The door slammed shut again and shock the frame that it laid in.

"What...ever!"He roared back, serrated teeth flashing. He still was unable to catch his breath back to form the word entirely together. Ironhide slowly pushed himself up taking hold of his guitar and stumbled forward. The night had definitely come to this place. Ironhide sighed. Hopefully his guitar was still charged so that he would be able to complete his job. He turned into an alleyway; his closed boundaries loomed over him.

"Hopefully,"He echoed, praying that it was. He wasn't the favorite worker in the company, so if he didn't complete out this job surely he would be killed for it.

"Careful... I'm contagious."

PENWISHLIST

I used to be Elliot.
Fish
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Keystones: 130
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 04/02/2008 7:38 PM

[[Eets okay. I'm not exactly doing very good either with my replies.]]

Not very wise on her part, the action in which she resorted to.

The female couldn't afford to go back home, she couldn't bare it. She'd only hidden away her entire life, in that house, ever since that incident and she had given birth to three children. Wait. That was a lie. She went to meet with their father, to request a place to stay with him until the children grew up and they'd be able to manage on their own. Certainly, that plan failed. He failed, and she failed. Who knows who got the worst grade. When she arrived, she witnessed her own daughter running away from their father. She'd been sent with him, and that was how it ended up. She was bitter enough because of that, and then he didn't offer any help either. Jeez. Stupid memory lane. For some reason, right now, she couldn't escape the thoughts, they kept on reeling forward, a personal move in her mind. It was followed up by his abrupt leaving, never speaking a word to her. She'd never laid eyes on him since. One of her children was entirely deranged, the other only surviving because of formal training. They were raised just by her, in secret. Their identity, their family, a secret. No one could know she had children, so they soon were snagged in a web of lies.
Gah! Out of her head! She griped each side of her head with both hands, eyes squeezed shut, like she was in physical pain. They all kept going. She watched her children come to her, nearly dead, then she watched the one of them nearly fall in love, then switched to loving someone else. He was engaged now. She watched her grandchildren, and everything they'd gone through. Her great grandchild, that was there too. Zelos...him...it was another thought, and so many of them there were, the love she'd never be able to pursue.

Before long, the emotional pain, having channeled into physical, was too much for her. Akaona collapsed off the crate in which she was sitting. Having noticed the darkness, she took to hiding in an alley. Home, there was no home for her right now. What better place to hide out the night? Right where a thug could find you. She was desensitized. Never caring. It was only luck that she got her hands down in time so her face didn't collide with the concrete. Tears slipped from her eyes, betraying her again. They dripped onto the scummy ground, each one glowing faintly. Stupid powers. Having refused to use them all this time, she was overcharged. It was trying to escape in any means in which it could, now that she'd been forced over the edge.

There she was, on her hands and knees in the alleyway, when screaming hit her ears. Two men, from the sounds of it. Her head rang in pain from it, mixed with everything else. She tried to get up to cover her ears, but failed. It was only when she heard footsteps coming down that she forced herself to scramble up to flee. Without an escape, she fled and hid behind larger boxes there. Please, please don't bother me. She had her own prayers: just to be left alone.

The tears, they'd left glowing spots all over the ground, emitting the light and warm from the sun, if only faintly now. The largest being were she fell and stayed for the time.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 04/13/2008 2:13 AM

[Okay, here comes my personal onslaught of freedom. I warned you at school. All if fair in love and war. And, apparently, roleplaying for freedom. It's gonna be lame.]

The young Lucain-woman's ears twitched. It seemed that, just for the moment, the other person stopped moving forward. She couldn't hear their footsteps against the pavement any longer. They stopped. Hesitated, yes? Perhaps...just perhaps, they would have decided to turn around. This alleyway was a dead end, after all. There was absolutely no reason for someone to walk down between the two buildings. There hadn't been any doors along the sides, not that she noticed. Of course, she was too busy, caught up in her own self to really be paying too much attention to her surroundings. But if there hadn't been any doors, then there really was no reason to be here. She had the reason, and that was to be alone. There was doubt in her mind that they were coming down for the same reason. On the brighter side, it could have just been a mistake. Then again...She was here so what if...

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 04/15/2008 2:42 AM

What if....it'd had been her?! What if she was the reason the male was coming down here?!  Yes, she knew it to be a male from the voices that she heard. She hadn't actually turned and poked her head out to look at Ironhide. Had she, she might have...well...laughed. You couldn't have blamed her for that either, if she had. Running and hiding from a guy that was shorter then she was? It seemed to be a pretty ridiculous thought, being taller then that who she was hiding from, even if she was well aware that size really didn't matter. Had it mattered, with her thin figure, she would have been dead some time ago, surely.
Anyway, she was certainly considering those factors now. There were plenty enough twisted minds in the world. And here she was in a dead ended alleyway.  Smart of her.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 04/15/2008 3:24 AM

Now that's what Akaona was doing, considering the situation from that point of view. Even if she happened to be reading it completely wrong, it was something to take into consideration. There were plenty of scenarios in which males followed females into alleyways. There were even scenarios where males followed other males, or females followed other females! The outcomes were, often enough, things like death or rape. Obviously, she wasn't too keen on either of those things happen to her. Nope, no way. She may very well be in the worst state of despair that a person could allow themselves to live with, which wasn't exactly living at all, but she wasn't going to allow herself to be degraded in any way.  Apparently, the princess still held her dignity.
So now came the second subject within her scattered mind. She brushed any moisture left in her eyes from her crying, still not realizing that the puddle of tears she'd left out in the alley was still glowing from her odd power over light, the sun, as it were. If worst came to worst, she'd have to figure out a means of escape.. Purple hued eyes frantically shifted around, she not moving nor making a sound at all. The choices weren't too great. One, jump over the dead end. Two, jump along the wall to get around him and run and, hope for the best. Last option would be a confrontation. Either way ya went, the choices weren't very good.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Fish » 04/28/2008 9:09 PM

He stepped further into its engulfing walls. They formed a barrier around him, blocking his side views and only left him the choice to walk straight or to turn back. Not much of a choice really, but he still stalk forward. Turning back wasn't much of choice anyway; once you start you have to continue or sometimes you'd end up regretting it. Besides there was little probability that there was something dangerous further ahead. Iron could take it even if there was... hopefully.

His steps echoed against the solid ground, and he gazed at his feet. He wasn't much of a shoe fan, yet he wore them to please the staff at his work. They always complained about him not wearing any, and a few times he got in trouble with the higher ranks at the company. However, whining over the shoes in his mind wasn't what he was actually doing. Instead he was contemplating over the possibility of carrying out the mission without his trusty guitar. He thought of other ways to lure out his target beside his music. Plans that could possibly work. But... It wouldn't seem right to him.
That guitar of his, over the years, has become a part of him, and without it nothing was the same. And he knew that he would not be able to accomplish a thing without it. It was an impossible dream that would never be real.
So he sighed and lifted his case close to his face, then stared intently into it's solid wood: As if his eyes could see through it. He knew now his guitar was dead, and now he was screwed.

He sulked to a crate by the ally's wall, his eyes up at the night sky. Iron wanted to curse at his luck, at his stupid energy source, and at everything else; the world was against him right now.
He set the guitar to the side before slamming his back against the bricks and sliding down onto the crate.

"Fricking people!" He snarled between closed teeth. "They should all choke on their air and rot in their stupid offices. Gosh-dang! Why don't they leave me alone!" Then he opened his eyes and noticed the oddest thing: A bunch of glowing puddles upon the ground.

PENWISHLIST

I used to be Elliot.
Fish
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 07/14/2008 12:19 AM

Thunk, thunk, thunk...
The footsteps had, indeed, started back up again, much to her own dismay. The fur of her tails and ears bristled, as would have more fur, if she hadn't chosen her most human form during this time of trouble. A small, uncontrolled physical trigger in her almost caused a growl to build in her throat and pass her lips, but she cupped her hands over her mouth, as if to hold it in. In served as a reminder, when she looked at her hands, that she couldn't risk much right now. She made not a single sound. Oh yea, this is just what she needed. Mentally, the female scoffed. Again, she made no sound, thus, using her mind to display the reaction. Here she was, caught in an alleyway with lord knows who! Her positioning wasn't even good. With any luck, they just wouldn't come down this far. I mean, why would anyone come down an alley for nothing? There was a good chance they'd turn back around, right? Wrong!

When Iron slumped onto the crate as he did, her hopes were shattered, and she even jumped a bit. Again, it was a wonderful thing that she had yet to remove her hands from her mouth. So useful, it was. But...he was...right beside her! Good Lord! Good Lord! What was there to do now?! Wait, wait, she didn't have time to be freaking out! This was ridiculous! Lowering her hands and taking as deep of a breath as possible, she was finally able to turn her gaze up in the male's direction to observe him. Thank heaven, he wasn't looking down at her but, rather, at the celestial heavens. It had grown dark so quickly. Akaona hadn't realized how very late it had gotten. Until now.

She looked about, discovering that it was all but black in the shadowed alleyway. Evil creatures, shadows could be, sometimes. Not that they were actually alive, they were just annoying in times like these. It was darker, meaning more difficult. Heh. Her tears, she spotted them. It was kind of like a beacon of light.
Her thoughts were shattered once more with the yelling. This time, her ears pulled back against her head. He wasn't very considerate, was he?

Whew. He still hadn't glanced in her direction.
What was that about...people? It seemed that he didn't get along with people, as well. Slightly reminded her of herself, though she was too far destroyed to harbor that kind of lively angry anymore. And...he noticed the puddles of tears. Great. Just keep out of sight... She slumped further down, as much as she could, without letting her feet or tails stick out from behind the crate. It was rather uncomfortable on her neck...

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Fish » 08/06/2008 1:03 PM

OOC: This is going to be a short post.  Since there really isn't much material I can write about. xD;; Sorry cuz.

He swiftly letting his anger slowly become forgotten. It's a wonder how something can quickly catch your attention and cause you to for get your surroundings. He even left his precious guitar by the side of the crate as he stepped closer to the alien water.
"What in the world?" His voice was soft as he spoke, and he lowered his purple eyebrows in curiosity. Iron knelt down to inspect the glowing puddles even closer. He stared at them, trying to come up with an idea that might  tell him what it was and more importantly, why it was glowing. It looked like water to him, but he could be wrong about that. He lifted a hand over the puddle and it dangerously floated above it. Should he touch it or should he not? Contact with the mysterious stuff might be the best way to figuring out what it is, but who knows what the side affects would be. He sucked on his bottom lip as he came to a decision. Carefully he touched the surface with a fingertip. It felt wet to his touch... and some-what warm. He lifted his fingers closer to his face. His flesh was burning, nor was turning an odd color. In fact nothing happened to him. Only that the tips of his fingers glowed from the moisture that was on them. One of his tails flicked like a cats. It was only water. Only freaking water! He stood rashly, his pale eyes glued to his fingers. But... But why is it glowing?! He didn't have an answer to it, and it infuriated him, plus made him curious. With a sharp turn on his heel (not the best move to make) he turned back to where he had previously been sitting. However, he had turned a bit too harshly and it cause his stocky self to lose balance.
Ironhide's eyes widen as he realized what had just happened. He opened his mouth as if to say something and shot out and arm as if to grab something. But neither worked and he soon found him falling backwards. Luckily for him he had only fallen to his butt and his head was once again safe from colliding with cement.
"Ugghh..." Iron rubbed a hand over his face, he made sure it wasn't the hand that was now covered in the mysterious water, and mumbled a slang of inappropriate words. "...Why am I such a klutz-!!" When he opened his eyes he couldn't believe what he saw: A girl crouched on the side of the crate he had just been sitting on. He was speechless.

PENWISHLIST

I used to be Elliot.
Fish
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate