If you're looking for beautiful seaside scenery, this is the place for you. Home to the world's largest collection of fishermen and fishing pets, this city is well known, as it provides much of Barakka's fish exports. You should try the famous Broiled Sea Scalla, it's delicious! (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Jawan, the Sea City

Leaving Jawan: The Adventure of Evelon Begins!

Postby Akida » 04/13/2008 10:11 PM

ImageImage
Speranza & Iiyazu

A venom fenling was running around on the beach apparently having the time of his life. Across the water you could see a pair of bridges heading towards other lands. The sun was shining, and the ocean breezes were cool and refreshing. The fenling ran up to a pair of creatures. One was a common yonyuu the other was a female fox-human cross. He communicated easily with the yonyuu through slight gestures and soft squeaks, but the fox girl understood nothing between them.
"When do you think we'll leave for our adventure Speranza? What do you think we'll see? Maybe I'll gain my future sight soon, as my parents before me."
The fenling lept up onto the yonyuu's back and sat well between her wings as he awaiter her answer.

The yonyuu lay in the sand watching over the fenling, incase something random happened to him. He came running up to her bubbling with questions. As he lept onto her back, she answered them all at once.
"I don't know when we'll leave Iiyazu. It's up to our new master on when we leave. Maybe other fenlings and yonyuus like us. There's a whole world of species waiting for us out there. We'll get to visit the land of Lambastia one day too. Our journey will be long, but I get the feeling that it will be exciting."
She gazed over the sea and watched a wild kalamarei jump out of the sea and disappear again.
She stood with the fenling upon her back and walked toward their master.

The kitsune flicked her red orange tail and twitched an ear. She heard the fenling's soft squeaks and looked up. This time, they were looking at her as though they were waiting for something. Akida twitched her dark nose, then sat up. She closed the book and stuffed it into her small backpack. She petted both Speranza and Iiyazu. She returned the chair and pulled a map out of one of her many pant pockets.
"Hmm..Ok I guess you guys would like to know when we are to go huh.. Don't worry. We'll be heading out to Nusan Temple soon enough."
The pets watched her blankly.
"Yeah. We'll go there after we spend a few more hours here. We have to have the right supplies for a journey you know. That means we leave this coast and get some stuff from the city."
Akida
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 299
Donate

Postby Akida » 04/14/2008 1:00 AM

She put on her bag and lead the way from the beach to the city of Jawan. It was only a fifteen minute walk, so they stopped at the first outdoor snackbar they saw. She ordered water and a few sandwiches. She asked them for a wide bowl, then placed it on the ground and filled it with water. She tossed the fenling a few nuts and gave the yonyuu half of her sub.
"Hope you guys are ready for a little shopping spree."

The fenling scurried down the yonyuu's back and tail. He darted back and forth through people's legs and tables. When he saw Akida pour water into a wide bowl he zipped after it. He lapped up the water somewhat greedily.
Speranza wandered about the bar. she looked up at strangers who in turn looked down at her. Few tried to pet her, but she stopped them short with a growl and a quick jump to the side. She'd never been pet by anyone but Akida since she got to know her a bit. She was still untrusting, but tagged around with her. She saw the fenling drinking and walked over. She took a drink also, but wondered off few seconds later.
Akida
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Akida » 04/14/2008 9:27 PM

The trio left the snack bar and wandered back and forth through the city. They first stopped at a weapons stall. Akida bought a few item she thought would come in handy at some point.
The fenling, as usual, was darting back and forth looking at his reflectin in swords and other shiny items.
The yonuu lay outside at the doorway. She watched a sprite float by. She didn't really like the sight of sprites, they somehow disturbed her with their small, odd forms.
Akida picked up the fenling and placed him on her head. She listened to him chatter as he was hoisted onto her head unexpectedly. As the left the shop the yonyuu stood and followed them into the next.
Akida
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Akida » 04/15/2008 1:02 AM

Speranza spread her wings and took to the skies. She looked down over the city and circled above Akida and Iiyazu.
"Speranza?! Come down here! We've got things to do and this is no time to play! We can play later. Come down! Please?!"
The yonyuu heard the girl's words quite clearly, but didn't obey. She understood every word just fine, but she was feeling more on the rebelious side at this point. Her loyalty to Akida was low, and she could fly away if she wanted to now. She hovered a while longer then dived down towards a general store. She landed on the roof and sat in wait for the others to catch up.
Iiyazu, seeing Speranza land on the roof. Dashed down Akida's back, turned, and scurried towards the store. As soo as he got to the store, he saw some brooms and climbed up them quickly. He lept onto a second level windowsill after a slippery climb on the drain pipes at the side of the building. He stopped and looked around. He saw nothing else to get him to Speranza, so with drooping tails, he lept down towards Akida.
She had been watching him since he ran down her back and toward the store. When she saw him leap, she knew she had his trust, or was it that he just knew she would catch him? Either which case, she caught him and set him on the ground. The yonyuu was still on the roof when she came back out of the store with a larger backpack. She tossed some more nuts to the fenling and started towards the city exit. She picked up all she needed. Now it was time to journey, with one final thing to do.
"Speranza lets go!"
Akida
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Akida » 04/15/2008 8:18 PM

[color=CEA914]Speranza finally decided to stick a bit closer to Akida's side. She figured that this person isn't as bad as she'd seen others be. She flew down and landed beside Akida as she headed towards the path to the other cities of Barakka. She rubbed against Akida's leg for a fleeting moment. Then ran ahead.[/color]
Iiyazu squeaked and climbed atop Akida's head. He pawed at her fox ears before settling down. He had the feeling that this journey would be very exciting.
She finally trusts me... somewhat....
Akida ran after the yonyuu because now the adventure begins!

[And no more posting by myself o.O ...It's just not fun Dx]

"Christmas?! I'm starting preparations for the new year celebrations thank you very much!"

Wishlist : Breeding : Sale/Trade : Housing
Akida
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate