If you're looking for beautiful seaside scenery, this is the place for you. Home to the world's largest collection of fishermen and fishing pets, this city is well known, as it provides much of Barakka's fish exports. You should try the famous Broiled Sea Scalla, it's delicious! (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Jawan, the Sea City

A Voyage at Sea (open)

Postby AmberGlaze » 05/01/2008 5:12 PM

Prismatic Matches

Angst Ball

Rayne smiled as the crisp sea air slapped her face. The small Matches had been flying high up, trying to get a good look at the city. Rayne was always trying to find some adventure, and now seemed like the perfect time to do so. Beside her, an Angst Ball fluttered with difficulty. the wind was a little much for him, as he had never really been out of the pen.

"Rayne, could we get a little lower? The wind's a little strong out here."

"Oh Clip, calm down. I just wanna look. You can go down if you like."

"Oh no, your not going to do that to me! This city's so big, and we're so small, we could easily get lost."

"Clip, just for a while longer, okay?"

"Rayne...."

The Matches sighed and soared a little lower. Grunting, she stared at her friend trying to keep up.

"Now this is better, isn't it?"

Rayne didn't respond, out of annoyance. Why had she bothered to bring him along? She asked herself this, but Clip was her best friend. And with who knows what adventure they would have, she was sure he;d be a comfort to bring along.
ImageImageImageImage
With us, there is no such thing as individulaity...

ImageImage
AmberGlaze
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items

Postby robopup24 » 05/01/2008 5:26 PM

Thomas 1.1

"Thank you,"

The Torken quietly re-lit the fire underneath the pot once more, listening to his owner wave good-bye to another customer. Thomas, as he was called, never spoke much. Even if he did talk, the answers were nonsensical or cryptic. His owner, who happened to be a well-known chef, was happy to take Thomas in. He had named the Torken after his lost son who had died at sea. Thomas was like a true son to the chef who raised him like his kin. If Thomas was happy about this, he never mentioned it.

"Well, Thomas, why don't we take a break?" The chef, his name happened to be Lark, pleasently suggested. "Take a walk around, Thomas, but be sure to come back before noon."

Thomas nodded and got up, slowly making his way out the door and into the fresh, sea air. The sun above him shone teasingly, just enough for him to feel a flicker of the warmth, but not enough to warm him. Thomas sat down on the resturant's worn, stone steps, his gaze fixed on the sky.

Can I die? Can I die?
I'm just waiting 'til I die
Never dreamed a single dream so kind in my entire life
No one knew, even cared for this fleeting fairy tail
Then it slipped into seething sun and soon it sailed away...

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 446
Donate

Postby AmberGlaze » 05/01/2008 5:34 PM

"Hey....hey look, Clip! There's a Torken! Wow, I haven't seen one yet today!"

Rayne flew down, sort of like a speeding bullet. But Clip called her back.

"Rayne, wait! We don't know him, and I'm not sure I'd like to, either!" He sped after her, his heart puffing with the effort.

"Oh, please Clip. Don't you wanna meet him? And besides, he's all lonely. I thought you were a kind Angst Ball."

"yes, but I'm also a cautious one. How could I go home knowing I put you in harm's way."

Rayne rolled her eyes and slowly fluttered down to the Torken.

"Please Clip! Please?"

The Angst Ball sighed and nodded. Following close behind, he watched the Matches sit across.

"Hi, I'm Rayne, and that's Clip. What's your name?"
ImageImageImageImage

ImageImage
AmberGlaze
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items

Postby robopup24 » 05/01/2008 6:15 PM

Thomas 1.2

Thomas watched as the bird and tiny Angst Ball alighten, his huge violet eyes betraying no emotion. When the Matches stepped foward and introduced themselves, Thomas merely nodded. When asked his name, the Torken only looked down at his hooves.

"Don't be shy now, Thomas!" Lark had noticed the pair and had left the resturant to see them in person. "Sorry if he is a bit shy." The chef gave a friendly grin. "He doesn't take well to strangers. My name's Lark. Chef Lark." He extended a beefy hand in greeting. Thomas only shrugged.

The Torken suddenly leaped to his feet and scrambled into the resturant. The bells hanging from the door wildly rang before finally settling down. Lark watched Thomas leave with a sigh. "Well, I might as well invite you into my resturant. Order away: the meals are on the house."

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AmberGlaze » 05/02/2008 3:31 PM

Rayne was slightly crestfallen at the rudeness of the Torken, and Clip rubbed her back in comfort.

"He's not at all worth it. But that meal sure does sound good, doesn't it? Let's take a seat!"

Rayne was a little unsure, but a good meal sounded wonderful.

"Okay. I guess."

Clip sighed, he never liked to see Rayne so upset. Flying in after her, he took a seat at one of the booths.
ImageImageImageImage

ImageImage
AmberGlaze
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items

Postby robopup24 » 05/04/2008 12:17 AM

Thomas 1.3

Lark sat down with them; a notepad and pen had seemingly appeared out of nowhere into his hands. "Well, may I take your order?"The chef grinned. "Ah, wait...yes...the menus...Thomas! Be a good lad and bring our guests the menus!"

The only answer was the clanging of pots. Lark patiently waited and politely asked his guests, "Well, what drink would you like?"Just then, Thomas came shuffling over, head bowed, the menus clutched in his hooves. He slowly placed them in front of the Angst Ball and Matches, bowed low, and shuffled his way back into the kitchen. Lark waited for their answer, pen and paper poised.

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AmberGlaze » 05/04/2008 5:09 PM

Clip smiled at the waiter politely.

"Hmm...do you have any apple sauce? And can I have a side of garlic bread and French Onion soup?" He asked.

Rayne rolled her eyes at the Angst Ball's weird food choice.

"I'll just have a slice of worm pizza." She asked. When she saw the Torken she couldn't help but stare. His facial expression looked like he held uears of grief.

"Chef, did you know any sailors who would want to come with us on an expedition."
ImageImageImageImage

ImageImage
AmberGlaze
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items

Postby robopup24 » 05/04/2008 5:22 PM

Thomas 1.4

"Apple sauce, garlic bread, French Onion soup...worm pizza?" Lark raised an amused eyebrow, but politely said nothing else. "Will do." Just as he got up to leave, he heard Rayne's question.

"Expedition? Sailors?" Lark tapped his chin with his pen. "There's plenty around here. After all, this is Jawan, isn't it?" He gave a hearty laugh. "I can't say I have much experience with these waters, but I'm sure a few are bound to show up if you give the time." His expression turned dark. "The sea hasn't been mighty merciful to me, either. But who am I to complain?" Lark soon cheered up as he said, "Well, your orders should come-"

"Father?"

Lark almost tripped over his own feet when he heard the Torken's small voice. Thomas had mysteriously appeared in front of his adopted father. He stared at Rayne with his wide eyes, though he revealed no emotion.

"Yes, Thomas?"

"...I would like to go to sea with them, Father."

Lark froze. "Thomas? A-are you sure about this?" He was frightened inside, frightened that he would lose this son as he had lost his previous son. The Torken slowly nodded.

"I will write, Father. I want to go to sea with them." Thomas repeated, his eyes still on the Matches.

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AmberGlaze » 05/04/2008 7:18 PM

The Angst Ball had noticed the Chef's amusement at Rayne's order, but was glad he didn't say anything. He nearly choked on his water when the Torken spoke. Rayne was delighted, and blushed slightly when he was staring.

"You would? That's great! There's so much to prepare for! We need food, water, clothing, a boat....But I can get a boat from my uncle. He's a Fellox, and he's really nice. His name is FireBlade, I bet you don't know him. It's really big, but then again everything seems big to me since I'm small. Clip too. But we don't need too much of a crew to operate it, so we'll be good. But won't this be fun? We plan to sail on to a wonderful place at sea, an island. In fact, do you have any friends that would like to come? We might have one, his name is Blaze. I heard he's coming to shop, but he's really kind. So do ya have any friends? Do ya?"

She spoke so fast she ended up coughing. Clip rolled his eyes and flew to check on his friend. Once finding she was okay, he muttered,

"Calm down and don't scare him. You have that effect..."
Rayne rolled her eyes at him.
ImageImageImageImage

ImageImage
AmberGlaze
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items

Postby robopup24 » 05/05/2008 6:25 PM

Thomas 2.0

Lark let out a long sigh as he tried to decide what to do. "Fine, Thomas. But promise me, you'll be careful!"

The Torken grimly nodded. "Yes, Father." Lark gave his son a quick hug before slowly walking back to the kitchen to prepare the orders. Thomas looked at the other two and, after a brief moment of thought, sat next to Rayne.

The moment she started to speak, Thomas looked at her with those wide eyes of his and waited for her to finish speaking. He quietly answered in a short sentance, "I have a friend who will help us." That said, he looked forward, ignoring everything else.

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AmberGlaze » 05/05/2008 6:37 PM

For once, Clip roused in excitement.

"Really? What's his or her name?" He asked.

Rayne was glad Clip was getting into it. Excitement pulsed through her tiny body as she thought of the adventure that awaited them.

"Calm down, Clip." She teased.

Turning back to the Torken, now sitting beside her (oh my, did you see that sparkle in her eye?) and smiled sweetly.

"As my friend was saying, we'll need to know who they are and where we can find them. After we retrieve them, I'll call Blaze. We'll also need to discuss provisions, and a boat. I'll contact my Uncle for that."
ImageImageImageImage

ImageImage
AmberGlaze
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items

Postby robopup24 » 05/05/2008 6:48 PM

Thomas 2.1

Thomas did not react as little Clip went wild with questions. But when Rayne spoke, his head swivled at her so fast that he almost fell off. "Of course. My friend is hard to find. He does not wish to be found sometimes." The Torken looked down, as though he was thinking deeply about something.

"Lunch is served!" Lark cheerfully called. He set down the plates with great care and hurried off to greet another customer.

Thomas mumbled something and stared at his soup. Was he blushing?

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AmberGlaze » 05/05/2008 6:54 PM

Clip hinted a little uninterest from Thomas, but was too polite to say anything. When he meal arrived, he licked his lips and smiled. With great difficulty he picked up the spoon and heaved mounds of applesauce into his tiny mouth.

Rayne nodded, as if she understood.

"I see. Well, maybe you could convince him to come along. I do believe Blaze isn't too too far away, so I can find him easily. You and Clip can find your friend, and I'll find Blaze. Then we'll meet up at the market for provisions. This of course, after lunch. Sound alright with you?"

Clip nodded, so Rayne turned to Thomas, hoping for him to condone it.
ImageImageImageImage

ImageImage
AmberGlaze
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items

Postby robopup24 » 05/05/2008 8:51 PM

Thomas 2.2

Thomas quickly nodded and gingerly sipped some of his steaming soup. The Torken quietly answered, "Yes, but Clip will have to be very cautious. Very, very cautious." He took another sip and looked outside, as though waiting for something horrible to burst through the window.

Whatever it was didn't come. Thomas gently sipped more of his soup.

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AmberGlaze » 05/07/2008 4:06 PM

Clip shivered a bit, and Rayne gave him a kiss upon his cheek.

"It'll be okay, right Thomas? I can't imagine anything happening to the boy I love the most!"

Clip smiled proudly at her praise and kiss.

"And don't worry about me Thomas, I can fly out of any room pretty fast. I'm the fastest pet ever."
ImageImageImageImage

ImageImage
AmberGlaze
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items

Next