If you're looking for beautiful seaside scenery, this is the place for you. Home to the world's largest collection of fishermen and fishing pets, this city is well known, as it provides much of Barakka's fish exports. You should try the famous Broiled Sea Scalla, it's delicious! (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Jawan, the Sea City

.Fatal Darkness. [Finished]

Postby Kittyms » 09/11/2007 8:35 PM

ImageImage

Rowena Oakshadow ----------------- Maxwell Oakshadow

In a dark sidestreet of the bustling city, a shadow crouched. Silently, he slipped unseen through the darkness. Night was his element, with the moon and stars barely putting forth any light. As the Lucain crept along, his green eyes gleaming in the darkness, he noticed that he was getting nearer to his goal - a large, fancy house, like that of a rich person.

"Max! What are you doing here?" The voice of his mother disturbed his concentration, and he accidentally put one paw into a puddle with a large splash.

"Mother," he said through gritted teeth. "I'm here on my own business." Glancing around, and hoping that no one had noticed anything, he continued toward the building. But his mother stepped in the way.

"Maxwell Oakshadow," she said in the familiar disapproving tone that moms use. "You aren't stealing, are you?"

"Yeah, I am," Max said. He didn't mention that he also intended to murder on this night.

"Good!" Rowena crowed, giving her son a hug. "I'm so proud of you, Max! You're growing into a fine young thief! Now just remember, never kill unless necessary!" She stepped back, and watched him closely with her piercing green eyes, the same as his.

"Yes mom," he muttered, then pushed on past her. He was in such a hurry to reach his destination and escape from his mother, that he didn't notice Rowena following him. She thought there was something strange about her son, and worried constantly that he would turn into a cold-blooded murderer. So, she decided to discover exactly what he was doing. If he was good at sneaking through the dark and stealing, she was about ten times better, her sleek form blending into the faintest of shadows. Since she was a pup, this had been her life - creeping through Jawan's streets, stealing, and hiding. Rowena was determined to discover exactly what her son was turning into.

[Rowena: 1, Maxwell: 1]

Kitty's Breedables------The Menagerie
"Control yourself; take only what you need from it." ~Kids by MGMT
Kittyms
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 986
Donate

Postby Kittyms » 09/12/2007 5:35 PM

As the moon rose higher in the sky, Maxwell scaled the building, keeping an eye out for any sign of danger. The security guards had already been taken care of - their bodies lay still on the lawn. Gritting his teeth,  he lifted himself up onto a window sill, and peered in through the window. Inside the room, a few pets were sleeping. It would be his pleasure to eradicate them.

Quietly, he opened the window - which the foolish pets had left unlocked - and slipped into the room. Baring one claw, he advanced upon his target. His eyes had a reddish tint to them as the thrill of the kill at the end of the hunt filled him. This would not take long...

Several minutes later, Maxwell left the room, closing the door quietly behind him. Inside, all ten pets slept the eternal sleep of death, their throats cut in their sleep. Now all he had to do was get what he had come here for.

"Maxwell!" An angry whisper came from the darkness in front of him, and he jumped violently as the form of his mother materialized out of the shadows. He had never seen her this angry at him before. "I can't believe you just did that! I thought you had good in you.. that you weren't going to turn into a killer. I ask you, why did you kill those pets?"

"Because I wanted to," he hissed, then slipped past her. No matter what, he had to complete his mission - even if it meant disobeying his mother. Moving as quickly as he could, he darted into a large living room. Instantly his eyes fastened onto the safe in a corner. Swift as a fox, he slipped over to it, and began working on the combination. Aware that his mother had followed him and was standing behind him, he ignored her.

"I am so disappointed in you," Rowena said, her paws on her hips. "I am definitely grounding you now. Permanently, until you promise never to murder without reason again."

"Look, you just don't understand!" Max said, his voice rising. "It brings me pleasure to kill, like nothing else does. I don't care what you think." Now, footsteps could be heard from the floor above, and lights were turning on. It didn't take the dark Lucain long to realize his mistake. He had forgotten the first lesson every thief learns - never ever raise your voice when on the job, no matter what. Cursing to himself, he left the safe, and raced over to the window. He might not have gotten the money, but at least he had had some fun, though his mom had ruined most of it.

Once he was back in the alleys, Max stopped to rest in the doorway of an abandoned house. His mother approached once more. "I believe you forgot something," she said smoothly, and he realized that she was carrying the entire contents of the safe in her arms. How in Evelon did she manage to get that? he wondered.

But what he said was, "Oh, thanks for picking that up for me." He reached casually for the bags of money, but Rowena moved away.

"No. You will have no reward for what you have done this night. I want you to work on doing some honest, and good work for a month, earning money, then come and see me." Smiling insolently at her son, she took her spoils away, planning on storing it in a safe spot.

"Mom," he growled, but there was nothing he could do to prevent her. Still, there was no way he was going to do any "honest work". It was his full intention to raid a few more houses before he called it a night. Hopefully without his mother tagging along. But as usual, she had other plans.

[Max: 2, Rowena: 2]

Kittyms
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsune_Beauty » 09/12/2007 10:51 PM

OOC: I hope you don't mind if I pop in. ^^;;

Something had been watching the two lucain from the darkened waters of the sea. Red, glowing, metallic eyes watched the dark figures from a squid-like robotic structure. You'd think this creature any other robot, emotionless. Not KBS-M1. He could think, he could feel, and he was curious.

He scanned them with his radar and used his metal tentacles to climb up on land. "Threat detected." he said in a cybornetic voice. "Species: Lucain. Relation: Mother and son. Names: Unknown." He kept his voice low, and his dark colors made him hard to see. "What are you doing out so late?"
How can you see into my eyes like open doors,
Leading you down into my core where I've become so numb,
Without a soul my spirit's sleeping somewhere cold,
Until you find it there and lead it back home...

Kirk Grimm
Kitsune_Beauty
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 561
Donate

Postby Kittyms » 09/13/2007 7:14 AM

(Yay, another person!! ^^)

"What in Evelon?!" Max said loudly, whipping around to see the dark figure approaching. Its voice was metallic, so he wondered if it was some sort of robot sent by the guy he had just robbed. Or rather, his mother had robbed. He stood, uncertain of whether he should answer its question, or run for his life.

"I'm a criminal," he finally said, watching it for any sign of reaction. If it attacked, he figured he could still get away in time. Since very few creatures were out at night with good intent, he was guessing that it was probably a fairly evil robot, that could sympathize with him.

Rowena stepped over to his side, her eyes quickly surveying the situation. She had just stashed the goods in a safe place, where she could spend them at her leisure, and had decided to come back to make sure her son didn't get in any more trouble than he already was in. "Who are you, and what are you doing here?" she asked briskly, boldly stepping closer to the strange, dark robot-creature.

[Max: 3, Rowena: 3]

Kittyms
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsune_Beauty » 09/13/2007 5:42 PM

"KBS-M1." the Khalmar said, pointing a tentacle at himself. "Surveying the waters. My mistress let me out." The creature's tentacles made a noise that sounded like gears moving through a machine as KBS-M1 walked forward a bit.

He turned his lighted eyes to Maxwell. "Proud to have killed?" the Khalmar asked casually. "Miss Oakshadow, do you teach him? You've already taught him well. He also has his own sneaky wit. I will not sound my alarms." The cybornetic creature turned off the red light in the middle of his head so they wouldn't be seen.

Kirk Grimm
Kitsune_Beauty
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kittyms » 09/13/2007 6:53 PM

"Thank you," she said, bowing formally to KBS-M1. "And yes, I do teach him. Or try to." She gave her unruly son a glare, which he returned.

"If you'll excuse me," Max drawled, starting to walk casually away. "I have other engagements."

"Not so fast!" Rowena hissed, grabbing his arm. "You're not going anywhere without me, young Lucain." She turned her head and smiled at the Khalmar. "You may come with us if you wish."

"Let go!" he yelled, pulling his arm out of his mother's grasp and running away. Swift as a shadow, Rowena was after him, slipping through the streets. But he had learned from the best, and even she found it almost challenging to keep up with him. Still, it wasn't too long before she snatched his arm and dragged him back.

"Where are your manners? We are going together. With KBS-M1, if he wishes to join us." She gave the Khalmar a wry smile, then released her son. "Now start walking." Rowena jabbed her son in the back with one claw, and he unwillingly began to move forward.

[Max: 4, Rowena: 4]

Kittyms
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsune_Beauty » 09/13/2007 7:17 PM

KBS-M1 was hesitant to follow, but he was created as a scout so he was very stealthy. Moving with lightning quick speed, he clambered across the buildings, easily keeping up with the Lucain. He landed without much sound beside Rowena. "I will follow. Possibly keep watch wile you raid."

KBS-M1 made a serious of soft clinking sounds as he laughed. "Maxwell, even theives and killers aren't that heartless."

Kirk Grimm
Kitsune_Beauty
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kittyms » 09/13/2007 7:56 PM

Hanging his head, the dark Lucain walked along with his mother keeping a close eye on him. He sighed, wondering if he would ever be able to escape from his over-protective mother. What did she care what he did? Nothing. Nothing at all. Besides, he didn't see what the big fuss was about. After all, his father was a killer, so why shouldn't he be one? "This house looks good," he muttered, pointing at yet another fancy, several floor mansion.

"Fine," Rowena said, not showing any sign of hesitation at the fact that it was probably heavily guarded. She had gotten in houses with more defenses than this one before. "Let's go." She smoothly leaped up to the top of the gate in one jump. Max followed her, crouched precariously on the edge. A bunch of security guards patrolled the lawns below them.

[Max: 5, Rowena: 5 -- level up for both]

Kittyms
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsune_Beauty » 09/13/2007 9:56 PM

KBS-M1 watched the two lucain begin their break in, and his infarred vision landed on the guards. "Threat detected." he muttered as he used the shadows to slip up on the guards. With several quick movements of his sharp tentacles and the sounds of cracking bones, the guards fell dead. "Threat exterminated."

After scanning the outside area for signs of life, he began climbing up the building to join the two canines. His tentacles were dripping with blood. "Maxwell's sport is enjoyable." KBS-M1 commented, keeping his volume level turned down.

Kirk Grimm
Kitsune_Beauty
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kittyms » 09/14/2007 5:28 PM

For a second, a look close to disgust flashed across Rowena's face, but then it disappeared, like so many other emotions did. "Let's use that window," she said, pointing to one way up the building. It must have been on the seventh floor or so. "I've robbed this house before, and that window's always kept unlocked."

A bloodthirsty grin spread across Max's features. It seemed he had a certain kinship with KBS-M1. "Let's go," he said quietly, leaping down, and then scrambling swiftly up the building's wall, his claws digging into the cement like grappling hooks. Usually he would have used a rope as insurance, but he was feeling reckless tonight. His mother followed him just as skillfully, only she had a rope. With one swift throw, the grappling hook at the end fixed to the window sill. Then, she began to climb up the rope until she was next to her son. If her son was going to risk his life, she might as well be nearby to try and save it.

[Max: 6, Rowena: 6]

Kittyms
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsune_Beauty » 09/14/2007 6:55 PM

The Khalmar followed, but he didn't need a rope to get to the window. The cyborg ejected a sort of extra long tentacle with a gripping claw at the end. Gripping the windowsill, KBS-M1 pulled himself up quickly and quietly. Landing next to the lucain, he slipped in the window, staying attached to the ceiling at all times.

"I will keep watch for disruptions." the creature said with his volume still turned down. His red eyes began glowing as he turned on his scanner vision. A targeter went back and forth on the screen that served as KBS-M1's eyesight as he kept watch for movement beside the two canine.

Kirk Grimm
Kitsune_Beauty
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kittyms » 09/14/2007 7:12 PM

"Thanks, KBS," Rowena said, creeping through the room to the door. Fortunately, the room was empty, and there was no sound when she opened the door. Instinctively, she seemed to sense where the goods were, and slipped down a long, spiral staircase. So obsessed was she in her mission, that she didn't notice that Max was no longer following her.

Her disobedient son was creeping toward another room, behind which he heard the sound of deep breathing. It was too much to resist the temptation, and he opened the door, silently slipping into the bedroom. A dark form was sleeping peacefully on the bed. 'Not for long,' Maxwell thought ruthlessly, as he bared one claw. This would be easy.

By the time Rowena noticed that her son had left, he was sliding back down the banisters, licking blood off of his claw. "Hey, mum," he whispered, sliding past her, all the way down to the bottom floor. Then, casual as could be, he walked into the kitchen, and began working on the lock for a safe located in one corner of the dining room. Slightly annoyed, his mother followed.

[M: 7, R: 7]

Kittyms
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsune_Beauty » 09/15/2007 2:58 PM

KBS-M1 watched as Maxwell came out of the room, his claws stained with blood. A humanoid had started down the stairs, apparently sensing something wrong with her pets. KBS-M1 began emitting a warning noise so high-pitch that only Rowena and Maxwell would hear.

The cyborg slowly crawled across the ceiling and landed behind the zebra girl. "Threat detected." he said clearly. The girl whirled around and stared, terrified at the spiky squid's appearence. "You will remain silent and still." KBS-M1 told her. The girl, of course, was too startled to move anyway.

Kirk Grimm
Kitsune_Beauty
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kittyms » 09/15/2007 7:48 PM

"That's KBS-M1," Rowena said, hearing a high-pitched warning noise. "We'd better go see what's up." She slipped up the stairs, but Max didn't follow. He knew that his mother and KBS could take care of the danger. He was going to open this safe. His mother may have plenty of money because of what she had stolen earlier, but he was determined to steal some for himself.

At last, the lock opened with a click, and he opened the safe. Hastily, he snatched up a bag of coins, then raced up the stairs.

Quickly, Rowena surveyed the scene, and saw that the cyborg had everything under control, it seemed. But the girl could be a problem if she screamed, ran for it, or called the police. Swiftly, the Lucain approached her and patted her down, looking for cellphones or weapons.

"I'm here," Max said, slipping silently up behind his mother. She wondered where he had been, but there was no time to discuss his punctuality.

[M: 8, R: 8]

Kittyms
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsune_Beauty » 09/16/2007 5:13 PM

KBS-M1 watched as Rowena searched the zebra girl. "W-w-what d-d-did you do to my p-p-pets?" she stammered, apparently horrified. "That is not your concern." the cybornetic squid replied. The zebra girl was trembling as she pressed herself against the floor. Suddenly, a painfully loud alarm began rattling the walls of the house. "Threat detected! We must leave!" KBS-M1 said. He jabbed a tentacle in the girl's chest before clambering up to the ceiling.

"Rowena, Maxwell, we must leave. The cops are coming." He scuttled out the window and shrank back to hide on the roof as he awaited the lucain, sending the high-pitched noise so the could find him.

Kirk Grimm
Kitsune_Beauty
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Next