If you're looking for beautiful seaside scenery, this is the place for you. Home to the world's largest collection of fishermen and fishing pets, this city is well known, as it provides much of Barakka's fish exports. You should try the famous Broiled Sea Scalla, it's delicious! (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Jawan, the Sea City

What will I find...? [Azura and me]

Postby GrayGriffin » 05/20/2008 10:21 AM

Siren was swimming in the waters, near the dock. Perhaps it was foolish, for her to stay in the shallows, but she had a feeling. A feeling that something, somewhere, was about to change. Her life...someone would appear. A savior, resplendent in light, to lift her out of the darkness that had entombed her race. The stereotype that choked tighter than a chain, making all back away, their eyes wide with fear, when she opened that mouth full of fangs.

Did they not know that, each time she bit down and drew blood, she bled too? Her heart pumped harder, and was cut just a little bit more...

[1]

(Oooo...one of my darkest posts.)
Crossing my heart
Open wide
You're my crystal and clover
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot
What would you do if I stole you tonight? (Ahh ahh)
Why waste time? (Ahh ahh)

'Cause the world goes on without us
It doesn't matter what we do
All silhouettes with no regrets
When I'm melting into you
'Cause I belong in your arms
I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2597
Donate

Postby Azura Rayume » 05/20/2008 3:57 PM

Anthony

Anthony plodded along the long trodden planks of the dock, emerald eyes scanning the water. There was something about this place that had attracted him. He just didn't know quite what.

The ocean breeze? It smelled like fish...

The people? Most of them had just shot him a bewildered glance in passing.

To be honest, he couldn't figure out what it was for the life of him.

His muzzle parted in a wide yawn, his lips stretching back to reveal several sharp teeth. He had left home shortly before 7 o'clock, and he's spent most of the night flying from Alderect to Jawan. His over-extended wings drooped slightly as he walked, feeling to heavy to stand upright. He could only hope to find whatever it was that had drawn him here soon. He needed a nap.

{1}

Boys and girls of every age
Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

HomeRambleLoveDreamRecord
Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1057
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 05/23/2008 7:24 PM

(Making a new post so that it's easier to notice)
Siren looked up from her despair. There was a strange Sahound flapping through the air. He seemed to be nearing the place where she was swimming. She stopped her endless circling, and called up to the sky.

"Greetings, Sahound. I feel that you have been drawn here, as have I. Shall we talk?"

[2]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Azura Rayume » 05/25/2008 9:11 PM

Anthony's ears perked at the sound of a voice. He glanced around, but the trainers and pets passing by simply ignored him. Where had that come from?

Something attracted him to the edge of the planking. He propped his fromt paws up on the low railing and saw it, or rather, her. A Werebetta was staring up at him, a rather friendly look on her face.

'So that's why all the people have been staying to the other side,' he thought, feeling rather satisfied with himself. This might be the reason he had come here, a chance meeting with a Werebetta. The only question was: who's side was she on? He'd heard about his brother trying to recruit a Betta, but no one knew if he'd managed it yet or not.

"Greetings to you," he responded, trying not to sound like he was suspicious of the fish. "Could you tell me something? Do you think we were supposed to meet?"

Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 05/26/2008 3:54 AM

Her tail flicked against the water, and her fins wiggled, something that might have been a shrug. "I dunno, but I felt drawn to this place. So perhaps we were destinied to meet...you do not fear me?" She tilted her head curiously to one side, surprised to find a creature who did not automatically back away from her.

"You seem troubled...it's your eyes. They're so soulful, not dead like mine. I can see the tumult within..."

[3]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Azura Rayume » 05/26/2008 10:30 AM

Anthony grinned shightly. If she didn't know about Haishin or this stupid war, his brother hadn't gotten to her yet. Maybe she would join his side if he could convince her to.

"No, I don't fear you. Was I supposed to?" He'd rather avoid the question about his troubles as of right now. The war was something he'd rather avoid.

Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 05/27/2008 1:17 AM

"Most do..." she whispered softly. "They see the teeth, the largeness, the smothering fins, and they back away. They see death in the sharpness of my fangs, they see blood in the redness of my fins. But I am glad you do not fear...I am glad." Most feared her, even those she lived with.
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Azura Rayume » 05/27/2008 1:39 PM

"I don't expect very many people stop and talk to you," Anthony said, shaking his head slightly. "I've had that happen before. Most people see my wings and shy away. I guess they just see them as weird. Then again, I do come from a weird family."

Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 05/28/2008 9:19 AM

"Ah? I thought they would be drawn to you. You look like what they call an angel, after all, and men are drawn to what is angelic. They think they have the power to define all that lives..." Siren's tail slapped the water, and her voice seemed to gain a furstrated tone. Humans never truly understood...

[5]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Azura Rayume » 05/28/2008 1:05 PM

"Define all that lives? I've never thought of it that way before..." He propped his foreleg on the railing, supporting his head with a paw. "Maybe that's how it was in the old days, but now? Nah. Men would rather stay clear of anything that might harm their families." He stopped, then added quickly, "Not that you or I would, of course. Most people just can't see past the outside. They see you as a monster, a weapon of war, so you are, and can never be, anything else to them. Humans tend to sterotype many things. Their views are, more often than not, sadly mistaken."

~~~~~

A dark figure sat in the shadows, his firey wings dimmed down to the softest glow. He watched as Anthony held his little conversation with something in the water.

He held back the urge to laugh at his brother's ignorance. 'Father's foolish angel is caught unawares,' he thought with glee, lips curling back to reveal shining white fangs. The angel's back was turned. Now was the time to strike!

But, no. First, he must discover what his brother was talking to down there. If the whatever-it-was chose to side with Anthony, he would be far outnumbered. But if he could get it on his side...

Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 05/29/2008 4:33 AM

Siren sighed. "It's true...the girl I live with...I think she fears me. I would never hurt her, or any who she loves. Yet she finds a young Honeydew who also dwells with her adorable and innocent, but I know her-the Honeydew, I mean-heart is dark and evil. She has found love in a sadistic Candle Shinzo, and they haunt the darkness together." Siren paused, looking over Anthony's shoulder. Was something stirring in the shadows?

[6]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Azura Rayume » 05/29/2008 1:52 PM

"One of my friends faces a similar problem. He's a Tainted Nemuwit, but a nice guy. A bit stern at times, but otherwise nice. Most people don't trust him, saying things like, 'Watch out! He'll read your mind and tell everyone your secrets!' before scurring away. He never really had any friends until he came to live with me." He smiled, looking up at the sky as though Sebastian would come flittering down with some comment about him leaving on such short notice. Then he noticed she was staring at something behind him. He turned around, peering into the darkened alley. "What is it?"

~~~~~

Haishin recoiled. They had seen him! Or, at least, suspected he was there. His element of surprise had vanished, leaving him with a tiny hope they wouldn't recognize him.

At lease he'd seen what was down there. A Werebetta. Just the perfect candidate for his army. After all, Bettas were known for their ferocity and unstoppable bloodlust. This could work out for him after all.

Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 05/30/2008 4:34 AM

(*pokes Haishin* Baaaaaaad prejudiced boy! So baaaaad!)
"Nothing...it must have been just a shadow," said Siren, tilting her head a little to see closer. She thought there was a sinister glow around that place...but it could just be the evening's fading light.

"I'm glad to hear that your friend has found someone who sees beyond his face," she added, turning to Anthony. "It's nice to see you are unprejudiced...oh my, I just realized! I don't even know your name!"

[7]

(Want to get AS in here too? FdM should make an interesting addition to this scene...)
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Azura Rayume » 05/30/2008 1:10 PM

"Oh!" How could he have forgotten that?! "My name is Anthony. I don't believe I caught your name either." He felt like a complete fool for forgetting this.

Haishin relaxed. They hadn't seen him. Now was the time to change that. Whit a resolute expression, he stepped out onto the steet, into the fading sunlight.

"My, brother, you truely are a fool!" he said with a smug grin, shouldering his brother out of the way. He now addressed the Werebetta. "Good evening, my dear. I'm Haishin.  And what might be your name?"

"Very gentlemanly of you, Haishin." Anthony snarled. "Unfortunatly for you, she wouldn't fit into you 'family.' She's too... good."

Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 05/30/2008 7:33 PM

"My name is Siren," the Werebetta replied. Although she could have been answering either of them, her eyes strayed to Anthony. However, remembering what he had said about not judging by appearances, she looked at Haishin, then back to Anthony.

"May I ask what enmity there is between the two of you?"

[8]

(Er...can you answer the question, please? *gentle poke*)
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items