If you're looking for beautiful seaside scenery, this is the place for you. Home to the world's largest collection of fishermen and fishing pets, this city is well known, as it provides much of Barakka's fish exports. You should try the famous Broiled Sea Scalla, it's delicious! (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Jawan, the Sea City

Day outside the Farm (open, prefferably farm pets)

Postby Kitsune_Beauty » 06/16/2008 3:47 PM

ImageImage Image

Soft hoofbeats were masked by the sandy beach as three equins strolled along Jawan's waters. In the middle was a bright orange penticorn carrying an eagle humanoid. The man was whistling a calm tune as he kept his balance with his legs. In one hand he held two leads, each connected to an Aries on either side. They were both feral. They didn't speak vocally or telepathicly, and they could be led around the eagle named Vylor.

The blaze aries brayed and began swinging her head. Vylor gripped her lead and called out to her. "Woa there, Nova! Calm yerself down!" After a moment or two, Nova snorted and settled back to her easy walk. The jewel on the other side was named Yonder, and she seemed much calmer than her companion. The penticorn was named Beat. Vylor found him quite suited for farm work since he could run hard if he had to, was obedient, and wasn't afraid of the more dangerous creatures back at Eagle Eye Ranch.

Vylor planned to get some good wool from Nova and Yonder before summer was up, so he was out working them to bring out their best. Nova needed work especially in loyalty. She tended to be a wild one. The eagle tugged Beat's reigns gently and the penticorn stopped. Gripping the aries' leads, Vylor hopped off and tied each of them to a seperate post in a grassy area near the beach. He'd let them rest after the long walk here, then start work on obedience. He didn't have to tie Beat up, as the penticorn pranced and trotted around the area but never went far from Vylor's location. "Right fine beast right there." he said as he patted Nova's shoulder. "You could learn a thing 'er two from him." Nova snorted and shook her neck slightly in response.
How can you see into my eyes like open doors,
Leading you down into my core where I've become so numb,
Without a soul my spirit's sleeping somewhere cold,
Until you find it there and lead it back home...

Kirk Grimm
Kitsune_Beauty
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 561
Donate

Postby Kitsune_Beauty » 06/19/2008 2:56 PM

After a few minutes of rest, Vylor whistled and Beat came trotting back. "I'mma takin' these gals for training now. Yall stay right there, ya hear?" Beat layed down under a tree to watch what was about to take place. Even in his feral mind, he knew entertainment would come by just watching this.

Vylor unwrapped both Nova and Yonder and led them a few meters away from where Beat was laying. "Alright now, yall wanna be lookin' yer best for the first harvest. So we're gonna be workin' on obedience, Nova." The blaze aries' name held emphasis. She merely snorted. "Alright now, I want yall to stay where ya are when I drop these here ropes, got it?" Yonder bleeted softly, Nova, of course, snorted. Vylor dropped yonder's lead, but still kept a loose grip on Nova's just in case. The jewel aries stood where she was told. Nova bolted, ripping the lead from Vylor's hand. "Yeow!" he screeched as some skin from his hand was brutally rubbed off. Nova's quick movement startled Yonder and she took off as well. "Git back here, ya stupid beasts!" The eagle hollared as he too took off after the galloping aries. Beat whinnied and swayed his head. He seemed to be laughing.

Kirk Grimm
Kitsune_Beauty
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsune_Beauty » 06/26/2008 12:34 AM

After about ten minutes of running around with the leads, Vylor slumped over against his knees, breathing hard. The eagle's gaze shot to the neighing penticorn laying under the tree. "Instead of laughin' why don't ya git up and help me out here!" Beat made a soft noise and stood up. He flicked his tail and took off after the frantic Aries, rearing up and coaxing them back in Vylor's range. The eagle caught Yonder first and quickly put the lead on her. Beat had to nip at Nova a few times to get her to listen, but Vylor soon had the lead on her too.

"Alright now." he said as he caught his breath, "Let's try that again, shall we?" Yonder bleated softly. Nova stamped her hooves in protest. "Hey, calm yerself down, missy." the eagle said as he carefully approached and began stroking her sparkling neck. "I need to get me a canine." Vylor breathed as he worked to calm the jumpy creature. Beat had taken his spot under the tree once again.

Kirk Grimm
Kitsune_Beauty
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Aquaria » 06/30/2008 2:56 PM

Sayuri

Nodin

Luyu

A girl with blue hair held the reins of an aqua cavallion. The cavallion didn't seem all to thrilled to be roped up and he would occasionally snort in annoyance. With them, bounced along a prismatic tali who happily dashed around in the sand.
Sayuri watched Luyu jump around throwing up sand and other things scattered on the beach. The tali was always so lively which made Sayuri wonder where Luyu got some much energy. Compared to Nodin, Luyu was a much more enjoyable companion. Nodin was always so aggressive when it came to others. It was a miracle that Sayuri managed to catch him at all. Sayuri hoped this little trip would help to calm the cavallion down.
In the distance Sayuri spotted two Aries running from someone. She stepped close enough to see what was going on but made sure to keep her distance just in case. Luyu continued to bounce around until the sound of bleating caught her attention. Her auds perked on her head and she padded up beside Sayuri to watch the action.
Then a penticorn stood and helped the fellow out. It was now obvious that the guy was trying to train the two Aries in loyalty. One seemed especially disobedient while the other was a bit more calm. Nodin showed no interest what-so-ever and nudged Sayuri trying to catch her off-balance. Sayuri slightly stumbled forward but kept a tight grip on the lead. She glanced back at Nodin and lightly patted him on the forehead. "Stop that." She said firmly. Then her attention turned back to the stranger and his pets. "Having some trouble there?" She called out to him.

HAS LEFT EVELON
Aquaria
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 246
Donate

Postby Kitsune_Beauty » 07/04/2008 10:02 PM

Vylor was still catching his breath and trying to keep Nova steady when the girl called. The eagle humanoid turned around, calmly eyeing the three. "Naw I can handle this ol' girl, ma'am. She just needs some behavior adjustments." Beat grunted and stood up, walking slowly closer to the cavallion and sticking his nose out experimentally. Vylor used his free hand to pat the penticorn's side. "This here's Beat. These two are Yonder and Nova, and I'm Vylor." He bowed respectfully.
Nova bleated and tossed her head, lowering it in the direction of the three newcomers. A look of alarm crossed Vylor's face as he remembered the many times the renegade Aries had butted him when she first arived at the farm. He gripped the lead and looped it behind her horns to hold her better. "Nova! Calm yerself down! They ain't hurtin' nobody!" Nova wasn't interested in being calm. She lundged against the lead, bleating angrily in an attempt to ram the girl and possibly trample the Tali. Vylor was holding on with all his strength, but his feet were scraping the ground. "Hold! Hold!" the eagle yelled over the frantic creature. In an instant, Beat reared up in front of Nova and whinnied threateningly before coming back down. The Aries backed up a few steps from the larger penticorn and snorted indignitly before calming down. Vylor had been reduced to once again catching his breath. "Real real sorry 'bout that, ma'am." he sighed, clearly a bit embarressed.

Kirk Grimm
Kitsune_Beauty
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Aquaria » 07/06/2008 3:24 PM

Nodin slightly reared up as the penticorn approached. He snorted and yanked at the reins. Sayuri kept her tight grip knowing that Nodin wanted to got away even more. It seemed he wasn't the only aggressive one either. The aries know as Nova looked as though she wanted to charge them.
Luyu crouched down in a fighting pose and growled at the aries. If it got loose, she was sure to try and attack it. Sayuri reached over and lightly patted the Tali's head. Luyu stood straight again and stared at Sayuri curiously.
"I'm Sayuri, that's Luyu, and this is Nodin." She replied motioning to each of them. Luyu glanced at the fellow. "Hi!" She barked to Vylor. Nodin arched his neck and lightly beat one of his front hooves in the sand as a greeting. He did not feel like speaking with any of these strangers. His orbs then darted to Nova. She was much worse then he was and he started to find her as a threat. So his attention remained on her.
HAS LEFT EVELON
Aquaria
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsune_Beauty » 07/06/2008 5:24 PM

Vylor chuckled lightly. "Ain't you the cute one." he smiled to Luyu and stuck out his hand for her to sniff if she wanted. "These three o' mine don't speak. They're feral." Beat went back to trotting around the beach, wading into the surf to splash around. Yonder was eyeing Nodin in a way Vylor had never seen before. The jewel aries began shyly stretching her neck in his direction, careful not to seem too intrusive. "Well look-a there." the eagle said, scratching his head. "Seems Yonder's takin' a liking to the fella."
Nova saw an opportunity. Vylor was distracted and Beat was off playing around in the water. In the blink of an eye her lead slid from Vylor's hand, leaving a raw mark where the rope burned his skin. She brayed and took aim at the cavallion. A purple blur rammed into Nova's side, almost knocking the wild aries over. To Vylor's shock, there stood Yonder. She had positioned herself between Nodin and Nova, daring her companion to make another move. The usually docile aries's actions must have greatly surprised Nova as well, for she stood staring at Yonder a moment before moving toward the water. Vylor's jaw had nearly hit the sand below him.

{Posts- 5. Level up}

Kirk Grimm
Kitsune_Beauty
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsune_Beauty » 07/09/2008 12:37 AM

After a few minutes, Vylor whistled. "Beat! Nova!" he called. Beat coaxed Nova back in the eagle's range and he put a lead on her. To Yonder's dismay, a lead was thrown on her as well. "Sorry, ma'am, but we best be goin' iffin' we want to get these two trimmed this summer. Maybe I'll see yall around." Vylor swung onto Beat's back and made his way off toward Happy Tsukow acres, sending back a final wave.

Kirk Grimm
Kitsune_Beauty
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Aquaria » 07/15/2008 6:43 PM

Sayuri lightly nodded listening to Vylor. Luyu smiled and sniffed his hand. He didn't seem threatening at all but his aries, Nova, was the exact opposite. She eyed the aries before watching the penticorn splash around in the water.
Nodin noticed Yonder stretching her neck towards him. He blinked a few times not trying to move away. She wasn't as bad as the other aries so he didn't have a porblem with her getting a little closer. his auds perked as Nova broke away from her lead and tried to charge at him. He took a stace awaiting her attack but Yonder jumped in between them. He stepped back in surprise. She was protecting him? He found this rather odd. No one had ever attempted to protect him from anything. In a way he appreciated it but he also found it rather foolish. He didn't want anyone getting hurt just to protect him. He watched Yonder quietly before she was placed on a lead. He narrowed his orbs watching Vylor.
"Ok, bye!" Sayuri called after the group. Luyu barked as a goodbye while Nodin continued to watch Yonder as they left.
HAS LEFT EVELON
Aquaria
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Aquaria » 07/18/2008 11:11 PM

Sayuri turned and peered at Nodin. "Maybe that will convince you to be less of a jerk?" She said sternly. "I'm not trying to be mean but you need to change your aggressive ways. At least you're not as bad as Nova."
At the mention of Nova, Nodin reared up on his hauches throwing Sayuri into the sand. He snorted and lowered his head to look her in the face. "I need to change?!? Nova is the one who needs to change!" He whinied. "I do not get how Vylor can handle even being her master let alone training her. I will never be THAT bad.....I'm sorry." That was the first time he had ever said sorry to anyone. Nova had really pushed his buttons and it obviously shown.
Luyu stared in surprise. "You just said sorry to her."
"Don't get use to it!" He snorted at the Tali.
Sayuri blinked unsure if this was a dream or not. 'Nodin said sorry? Wow.' She thought. She stood up brushing the sand off his dress. "It's alright. Just calm down a little, she's gone. Now what are your thoughts on Yonder?" She asked with a smile.
Nodin snorted and began to walk in the opposite direction.

HAS LEFT EVELON
Aquaria
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Aquaria » 07/20/2008 11:40 PM

Sayuri and Luyu glanced at each other before running up on both sides of the Cavallion. "You didn't answer my question Nodin." She said trying to get him to say something. Luyu looked just as anxious to hear the answer.
Nodin could hear them both running after him, he lightly shook his dial. "Why does it matter to you two?" he questioned. "That's my business not yours."
Sayuri stared at him with pleading eyes. "Please?"
"No."
"Can you at least say one little thing?"
Nodin stopped and stared at the sand. "Fine....................she's......nice." With that he galloped past them.
"She's nice? Is that all you have to say?!?" Luyu barked trying to catch up with him. Sayuri followed hoping to get something else out of the cavallion.
"That's it!"

((Post 5. Level Up!))
HAS LEFT EVELON
Aquaria
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate