If you're looking for beautiful seaside scenery, this is the place for you. Home to the world's largest collection of fishermen and fishing pets, this city is well known, as it provides much of Barakka's fish exports. You should try the famous Broiled Sea Scalla, it's delicious! (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Jawan, the Sea City

Postby Kelica » 09/25/2007 10:30 PM

I looked over in the direction Jimmy was looking at. "Is one of them yours?" I asked, then felt quite silly, why else would she be looking in that direction? Flare and Sunfruit trotted along silently, still smiling, they looked like they wanted to burst out laughing any moment. I tried to ignore it, and succeeded, admitedly barely.

Jimmy seemed to be ignoring Sunfruit, and she seemed to be doing it better than me, as the two had started giggling to get the smiles out of their systems, I figured. I looked over at the Garudors, and tryed to guess which one was her's. It worked at distracting me. Kinda.
Just returned and getting back in the swing of things! 8D; Expect this space to be filled by something interesting soon. o3o;
Though I kinda picked a bad time to come back, 'cause I'm still really busy, but oh well. x3;
ImageImageImageImageImage
In the meantime, would you mind clicking them? x3;
Kelica
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 97
Donate

Postby Freezair » 09/26/2007 4:45 PM

"The Temple one." I indicated Sky. She seemed to notice the mention of her color, because her head revolved toward mine. She waved a wing at her new friends and began to hop off in my direction.

"Uhh, no, Sky, that's OK. You can stay if you want." Sky seemed intent on hopping after me. She bird-limped in my direction as I tried to walk away. "Skyyy! You need to rest! Aren't you TIRED?"

Do Garudors ever get tired? I've never seen one admit to it. She shuffled along, but I noticed that she was keeping her wings down. "Oh, fine," I gave in. "But you're going to bed early tonight, you hear?"

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

Postby Kelica » 09/26/2007 7:44 PM

"I've never seen Glacia get tired either, she's my Glacial Garudor. She only flys back home when we're on random flights when I'm tired." I laughed a bit and Sunfruit and Flare stopped giggling, I looked back and they were like their normal selves. Sunfruit wasn't on earth, and Flare was just looking at me, following intently. Odd, I'd figure it out when Jimmy wasn't here, I don't want knowledge of Flare's telepathy all over the place, and having a conversation normally lets people figure it out.
Just returned and getting back in the swing of things! 8D; Expect this space to be filled by something interesting soon. o3o;
Though I kinda picked a bad time to come back, 'cause I'm still really busy, but oh well. x3;
Kelica
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 09/26/2007 11:25 PM

"Oh! Do you fly too?!" Now I realize that not everyone who owns a Garudor will do so because they want to fly them, but I hoped this was a safe assumption.

Waiting for Kelica's response, I watched Sunfruit ambling along. Despite my--well, I suppose I may as well be blunt (as usual) and call it loathing--of his kind, I had to admit I had borne that look several times myself. Krii had that scrunched up expression on his face that suggested he was getting ready to laugh. I suppose I really ought to have stopped him, but I was not yet that endeared to the Lucian that I would prevent him.

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kelica » 09/26/2007 11:40 PM

"Yeah, I fly, my cousin wouldn't have given her to me if I wouldn't fly with her. She's rather touchy about who gets her prized Garudor's offspring." I said, putting it almost in the exact same words my cousin had put them in. I saw the Rengosett scrunching up his face, and I had to admit, Sunfruit was looking awfully off earth today, he must have gotten a brilliant stroke of inspiration. Yeah, that was definately it.

"Where are we going anyway?" Sunfruit suddenly piped up, his expression back on earth again. I looked at Jimmy, as I hadn't really thought about it.
Kelica
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 09/27/2007 2:12 PM

I didn't know who was speaking, so I replied cheerfully, "Oh, just any old where. I haven't been to Jawan since I was a little girl, so I'd like to look around and see what's changed."

I asked of Kelica, "Are you from around here? Is there still that nice little park with the merry-go-round by the beach? How about a boardwalk? I brought some tourist brouchres, but they're all inside."

I heard Skycutter's stiff feathers rattling behind me for some reason. I'm still not sure what that was about.

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kelica » 09/27/2007 8:00 PM

"Oh, I'm not from around here, I haven't been here since I was five. I'd like to see what's changed as well, my cousin asked me to look at real estate too, she would love to start a little cafe here." I said, looking around at the huge buildings, it was like I remembered it, just a bit different.

Flare was evidently confused, beacause she said out loud: "Five? We met when you were five, how come I wasn't here with you?" I paused for a moment, then I awnsered her, quite quietly. "The monks had to stop here for supplies while they were ridding themselves of me, for three days, probably the most enjoyable time I had that year..." She looked at me, knowing I didn't like to remember the monks. "Ah." She said, and we walked on. Sunfruit didn't even question what we said, even he could probably tell it wasn't to be discussed publicly.
Kelica
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 09/28/2007 5:40 PM

Of course, you should never, ever leave something half-said in front of me. I will pounce and not let go.

"Ehh? What happened?" I tried to turn casually to Kelica. As far as I knew at the time, there was nothing here that wasn't to be said.

Krii was muttering something. I didn't know what it was, but as I would find out later, he'd seen the unfortunate look on Sunfruit's face.

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kelica » 09/28/2007 7:46 PM

I thought about it a bit, if she didn't know, then she definately wasn't working for them, and she seemed trustworthy enough...

"Let's go to the hotel room, I'll talk about it there." I said, as Flare gave me a sympethetic look, and told me in my head: "Would it make you feel better if I told my  tales of woe as well?" I shook my head to her, then walked on, as Sunfruit followed intently, he was evidently on earth now, seeing as there was an interesting subject.
Kelica
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 09/28/2007 7:54 PM

((OOC: Can I just say right here how much the name Sunfruit tickles me? It sounds really... yummy.))

Even though he'd seen Sunfruit, Krii protested. "What? We just LEFT there! Whatever happened to sightseeing?"

I noted this too. I really had been hoping to catch the sights of Jawan. My interests traded blows in my mind. Nose around in someone's personal life... or play the tourist? At first I though being a nose would help give me ideas for new story characters, but brusque as I am, even I knew this was rude.

Yep, trapped in thought again! You're completely correct! Sky, fed up with seeing this sight, waddled over to my shoulder and nipped at my hair. The tugging in the strands woke me up.

"Uh, yes. Of course! To the hotel room!" Trying to make up for being such a freezer, I strode back towards the hotel far more flamboyantly than I'd left it.

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kelica » 09/28/2007 8:02 PM

So I headed quickly towards the room, slightly confused by Jimmy's walking, and I sat down on the bed, waiting for her to come while Sunfruit pulled out a notepad. "Yes, you can write things down Sunfruit. I thought you'd like to hear it anyway, for story ideas and such." He nodded and sharpened his pencil, and posed it above the paper.

(( X3 Never thought about that before, I wanted to preserve the fruit part of his old name, and Sunfruit popped up as soon as I realised I'd won him. XD *imagines an actual sunfruit and gets a random doodle idea*))
Kelica
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 09/28/2007 10:34 PM

"Wait... story ideas? You mean... could I... You don't mind?"

I pointed to my palm, miming a pencil with my finger. I couldn't seem to get the words out of my mouth. Could I? Could I really use her for a story? If she'd let me, and she had an interesting idea... wow! I'd love that! But maybe Sunfruit got permission because he was her friend... I only hoped she'd understand.

As if sensing my unease, Krii lept up onto my bed and curled his tail around me, just like a cat.

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kelica » 09/29/2007 10:28 AM

"'Tis okay." I said, my mood lightening considerably, oddly enough.  "You can write things down, as long as you don't use the same names or tell people it's a true story." That just about covered my terms, I was a bit picky about that, as my time has expired and the monks will come looking for me soon.

"Shall we begin?" I asked, and Sunfruit nodded and Flare didn't have a reaction, she had already heard this story.
Kelica
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 09/29/2007 2:25 PM

"Wow! Um, thank you!"

I took out my own notepad. I began to scribble basic notes.

Kelica: Let's call her "Marisol"
Flare: If in, call Clouddust, make a Purine Kuchi Nagi
Sunfruit: No name idea yet, moon? consider Cake Kuhna

"I really am listening," I told her as I scribbled. "I make to make sure I get this. I would hate to tell the story and mess up the details--well, in a way that isn't meant to be artistic, of course."

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kelica » 09/29/2007 2:52 PM

"Okay then..." I started, pausing for a bit, then recited the bits I hadn't experienced as I had heard them...

"It all started on a day like all the others in Basantha Shrine. A young monk was guarding the entrance. He was not like other monks, he was not nearly as devout, as heartless as they were. He was still a young man, not yet a monk. Walking through the door, at that time, was a young woman, her heart filled of aching, going to the most tragic hall... Yet she had never been here before, so she asked the young man. "Where is the Hall of Rememberance and Amnesty?" She looked at him. "That way." And he pointed in the direction. Later, in his private quarters, the girl came back. "I live in a shack just down the mountain, would you like to come?" She said, smiling. "Of course." He said."

I finished that first little bit, looking at Flare, who was enjoying the tale, and Sunfruit, who was scribbling down.

"Now, those two, as you might suspect, were my parents. So, a few years passed and they had my older brother. Now, the next bit took me a while to find, but I pieced it all together eventually."

""Now, as it's your first time on the sacrificial grounds, you are only required to watch, not perform this great honor for our gods." The boy's mentor said, the boy still did not understand why they had to sacrifice, but he watched the horrible ordeal anyway. Afterwards, he managed to slink away from his mentor, looking to free one of the depressed pets, even if it may anger the gods. He saw a newly brought in Glacial Albie, still struggling to get out, which looked like just the companion he needed.

"Would you like me to free you?" He asked, kneeling down beside him.
"You're kidding me right?" The Albie asked, hopelessly.
"Of course not." The little boy responded.

The Albie looked up, hope suddenly filling his eyes. "Truly? Not just a last word for my family? I thought you had come to give me that, not freedom." He said, new excitement in his voice, as the boy unchained him. "I am Oce, at your service." He said politely. "Come on." The boy said. "I'll bring you to your home if you like"
"

"That was my older brother and Oce, who is quite important later on. Now, I must warn you, the next part is where my story becomes tragic, are you sure you want to continue?" I asked, partly not wanting to continue myself.
Kelica
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext