If you're looking for beautiful seaside scenery, this is the place for you. Home to the world's largest collection of fishermen and fishing pets, this city is well known, as it provides much of Barakka's fish exports. You should try the famous Broiled Sea Scalla, it's delicious! (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Jawan, the Sea City

Postby Freezair » 09/29/2007 5:49 PM

"Oh yes. I haven't had a good tearjerker for a long time." I was jotting down possible names for Kelica's parents in my story. Since I had been informed that Oce would be important, I jotted down a few symbolic-sounding things I could call them.

Once the story was done, I would also ask for a few clarification points on Basantha. I was rather unfamiliar with the place. Heeding the warning, Krii fetched me and handed up to me a box of tissues.

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

Postby Kelica » 09/30/2007 12:23 AM

((I'm starting to think this is going to be one of my favorite roleplays ever. ^^))

"Well, here we go then. The story is in my eyes from now on, by the way."

"[i]My heart was aching under the thick blanket they were carrying me in, five years old, and they had murdered my parents. I saw it happen, I hated it, they froze them to death and forced me to watch, it was terrible. They were giving me much warmth, but I knew they going to make me meet my demise in the same way. Fourtunately, my brother wasn't here, he had disapeared days ago, I only had childish hope he could survive. Until, of course, I saw him. Him, as in Tou-San. Yes, I do mean the Purity. He announced in his commanding voice, what was to become of me... "You are to leave her alone for ten years, no, you cannot keep her here, you must leave her somewhere and let her wander, then you may go after her, if you think it is still important." The monks were evidently stunned as the Purity spoke, hanging on his every word. And to this day, I remember how the monks had left me in the mountains, all alone after that, but then, I saw the most beautiful female Lucian I had ever seen. I don't remember her much, as I was asleep most of the time, but she brought me to the monks and forced them to bring me out of those wretched mountains, which were the only happy times I had experienced that year..."

"I still long to see that Lucian, you know, I know she's out there somewhere. If this isn't making you cry, the next part surely will, I didn't dwell on my losses in the mountains, as all I cared about was survival, so, I imagine it feels more tragic when I recount them in this next part." I said, looking at Flare, who was looking sad, and Sunfruit, whom I could see had watery eyes. I looked up at Jimmy and said: "Continue?"
Just returned and getting back in the swing of things! 8D; Expect this space to be filled by something interesting soon. o3o;
Though I kinda picked a bad time to come back, 'cause I'm still really busy, but oh well. x3;
ImageImageImageImageImage
In the meantime, would you mind clicking them? x3;
Kelica
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 97
Donate

Postby Freezair » 09/30/2007 12:45 AM

I rubbed at the wet drop on my notepad, but it only forced the tear deeper into the paper. My notes were going to have to curve oddly around that spot, but my notebooks are filled with writing where none is supposed to go; why couldn't the opposite be true for once?

"Hold on," I said. I collected my mental images. I tried to picture what the Purity would look like, but nothing came out except a faint bluish light. It seemed presumptuous for me, a mere mortal, to try and force form onto that otherworldly being.

Convinced that I was not going to be able to accurately describe the Purity, I urged Kelica forward. "Continue now."

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kelica » 09/30/2007 11:07 AM

"Well..."

"We had arrived in Jawan. But even though I was out of the mountains, on the way here, stark realisation came to me. My parents were dead. I had no more home. I had barely any chance of seeing my brother again. I don't know why my brother counted as a loss, alll he did was ignore me, but now, I guess I'm so desperate for family he seems like more of a loss then ever. And then his nice Glacial Albie, Oce. He made living with my brother worthwhile. Oce explained all his reasons, he let me cuddle with him when I was having bad dreams, as I couldn't risk going to my father and exposing us. I don't care who I get, whether it's my brother or Oce or both, I neeed to tell them our parents are dead. But then, as soon as I started crying, I felt a tail wrap around me, that of an Albie. "Oce?" I asked, tears streaming down my cheeks. "Of course it is me." "Oce!" Then I hugged him, now it was tears of happiness that streamed down my cheeks. "Your brother is dead." He said solemnly. "What?" I asked, and the tears stopped coming. " Are you sure?" I asked him, in spite of myself. "Yes, I am sure. I saw it with my own eyes Kel, it is terrible to witness death. Especially if it was the second time that the person saved you, and they died for you..." He said, his eyes welling up with tears. "It's okay." I said, as my eyes started spilling liquid anew."

"Yeah,  that was the first of my three days in Jawan. The rest were quite uneventful. Continue? We encounter Flare next, if you're wondering."

Flare smiled at me, while Sunfruit was still crying. He had never heard this story before, and he had been itching to hear it for quite a long time, but now I'm almost completely sure he wasn't so sure anymore.
Just returned and getting back in the swing of things! 8D; Expect this space to be filled by something interesting soon. o3o;
Though I kinda picked a bad time to come back, 'cause I'm still really busy, but oh well. x3;
Kelica
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 09/30/2007 5:55 PM

I patted my nose and cheeks with the tissue. I had finally settled on my makeshift name for Oce: He would definitely be Savior. It is a mark of how engrossed in the story I was that I didn't even stop to realize that Albies were dogs too.

"Go on." I looked back up to where I had come up with Flare's nom de historie. "I'm hanging onto your every word."

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kelica » 09/30/2007 9:38 PM

I sighed and continued on.

"I didn't know where I was. I thought I was back in the mountains, due to all the snow. What a horrible thought it was. I never wanted to see those mountains again. I realized I was just in a snowy forest. I looked to see Oce beside me, and a bunch of orange in the snow nearby. "You don't blend in very well." I said to the bunch of fur. "True, true." It said as it surfaced from the snow. It was cute was my immediate thought, I had never seen a Fenling before. But their seemed to be something a bit off with it... Maybye it was the four little golden hoop earrings on it's ears, but then I realized it was the red eyes this creature possesed. "I'm Flare." She said, shaking snow off her orange pelt. Oce looked wary, but I told her anyway. "My name's Kelica, and this is Oce." I said, gesturing to the Albie. "I'm really sorry for asking, but may you offer me your protection?" She asked, her red eyes suddenly looking more innocent. "Of course." It was Oce who spoke. "Why?" He asked, looking at her strangely. "There's a battle going on, between Purity and Evil, and their are some poachers as well." Oce looked anxiously at me. The monks probably dropped us off here to flee, those cowards. "Let's go." I said, ignoring the cold. Soon enough, there was a cold wind blowing in, and I began to lose conciousnous....."

I remebered that strange feeling as I recounted my experience. "I think I can take a break now. Anything you want explained?" I asked as I paused.
Kelica
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 10/01/2007 3:13 PM

There was. But I wasn't sure if it would be prudent to ask it.

Krii saw the question on my face and muttered, even as he was trying to get the drippiness from his face out of his fur.  "Oh, you might as well," he said. "As if I could stop you."

Even though he meant it sarcastically, I took it as an endorsement. "Well... what happened to... Oce?"

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kelica » 10/02/2007 10:37 AM

"Well, I think you can imagine what happened between this and my falling unconcious, a storyteller has to have a good imagination after all! Anyway..."

"We were lost, simply put. Flare thought she knew the way out of the forest, but Oce was getting very annoyed, saying it looked like we were going further into the forest. Flare sighed. "I guess your right." She said, looking back at us. "I was leading us to a lake so we could get a drink. I just thought...." But she was cut off by another one of those commanding voicse that by now I knew belonged to a Purity, this time it was female, a beautiful female voice at that. "Are you crazy?" She asked. we all looked at Flare. "Dreiden's in the lake, your too close, he could get a Slyvur to come and attack you. So if you see someone you know that isn't with you, look out, they just might as well be one, if it is someone you know that is with you, ask them a question only you and they will know." She said, and left us. "I'm going anyway." Said Flare. "I want to see what's really going on." She ran off. When the trees were thin, I hit some kind of magic barrier. So all I could do was watch as Oce went towards the water, though it had stopped Flare. "Dreiden likes to pick off one by one." She said, sighing. "I'm so sorry..." "It's not time to be sorry, he's not dead yet." I said, fixing a glare on the lake. Then I saw it. A little black jellyfish transformed into a wounded Albie pup. Oce rushed over, and Dreiden pulled it into the water. Oce ran, but then he realised he was to close to the water. "RUN!" I yelled to him, but it was too late. It was at this time my eyes filled with tears, as the menacing voice of the evil rung out. "Any last words?" He asked mockingly. "Kelica, go to my cave, take the pups and read the letter! Flare, I didn't get to know you well, but take care of Kelica! And tell the pups, tell them, that what happened to their mother happened to me! And that is all I have to say." He said, looking at the water below b him, where I was sure he could see tentacles, reaching up to drown him. "Let's go." Flare said, knowing I didn't want to watch by the look of my face. So we ran, so fast, we ended up in a valley..."

"And that's where I live to this day." I said, knowing Flare would insist upon reapeating her story. Suprisingly, she didn't. I look back and she was looking incredibly down. "It wasn't your fault Flare. I've been telling you that since it happened." I told her, stroking her soothingly...
Kelica
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 10/02/2007 2:04 PM

"Wow..." I've been know to cry at a good story, but I rarely sob. Yet here I was, slurping at the air and making atrocious noises that cause Krii to bury his head in a pillow.

"That's something else," I said plainly. My statement didn't do it justice, of course, but what could? "I haven't got half the story you do. I was born on a farm, I was raised on a farm. I still technically live on the farm, but I'm flying all over the place nowadays. All my adventures are made up. But that's... Wow." I smeared my nose across the back of my sleeve, as ungraceful as it was.

"Incredible. Simply incredible."

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kelica » 10/03/2007 10:39 PM

"I'd have liked a straight forward past like your's, I like it now that I've settled down and gained a few companions. This is probably my first time out of the valley in quite a while, a month, mabye?" I giggled a bit.

"I haven't been out of the valley since the auction house." Sunfruit said. "Unlike most of us, I don't have much of a past." He continued, though suprisingly not sadly, beacause I could see he was still watery eyed. "I've gone out of the valley as much as Kelica has, really." Flare chimed in, brighter sounding.

I notice the clock sitting on the wall. "Goodness is that the time?" I said, looking up at the clock. "I've gotta go, I told my pets I'd meet them in 5 minutes from now!" I quickly stood up. "Sorry, I gotta go, hope to see you again soon!" I said, rushing out with Flare and Sunfruit, who was just finishing his notes, in tow.....

((All left. I really do hope to rp with you again, 'twas fun. ^^))
Kelica
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 10/04/2007 1:22 PM

"Good bye!" I waved, and Krii joined me. "Thank you! It was wonderful to hear your story! I'll be sure to try and do it justice!"

Then, getting my thoughts in order, I picked up a pen. I clicked the tip down, and began to write.

((Aaaand done! Woohoo, that was aweesome! :D))

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous