If you're looking for beautiful seaside scenery, this is the place for you. Home to the world's largest collection of fishermen and fishing pets, this city is well known, as it provides much of Barakka's fish exports. You should try the famous Broiled Sea Scalla, it's delicious! (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Jawan, the Sea City

A storms Coming

Postby jazzylily » 09/18/2007 11:57 AM

~I will be playing as my charrie Jazzy and accompanying me is spartican my favorite lil' boy~

Spartican yawned, strecthing every muscle in his back as he pushed his paws out in front of him. Smacking his mouth a few times he looked around the room Jazzy and him had rented for the night. It was very cozy with its large bed and warm little fireplace in the corner. Standing up as slowly as possible, Spartican gave his body a large shake as to rid of any more tension in his body.
"Well goodmorning!" Jazzy smiled as she pushed through the door leading out of the room. "Someones been lazy today."
Spartican ignored this and trotted over to where the girl sat. Sniffing a bit he recognized the scent of food.
"Whats for breakfast? It smells great!" He purred jumping up in Jazzy's lap.
"Lunch actually." Jazzy sighed, shaking her head. "Its already noon so i took the liberty of picking up some fish and chips for you."
jazzylily
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Keystones: 775
Donate

Postby jazzylily » 09/18/2007 12:05 PM

"I love fish and chips." The draculi said happily, pushing at the paper that covered his food with his paw. Hopping up from her lap, Spartican crawled on the table and began to eat.
Jazzy patted the creature on his head then stood up and moved over to the window to look outside.
"Beautiful." She remarked looking out over the ocean scenery. "You really missed a fantastic morning."
"Eh..." Spartican grunted in between bites.
"Looks like some rain clouds are rolling in now though..." She continued, extending her neck as far as it would go so she could catch a glimpse of the ominous black mass moving in from the left of the city.
"Oh darn, guess we will have to stay inside then." Spartican mocked sarcastically, hiding a small smile the whole time.
"Man I really wanted to enjoy this weekend to." Jazzy groaned, moving away from the window and plopping down in a chair. "Monday we have to start traveling again."
"My point exactly." Sparticans head flung up. "Why do you want to explore and look around town when we are just going to have to do that come Monday. We should just sleep and sit for the next two days."
jazzylily
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jazzylily » 09/18/2007 12:17 PM

"Your so lazy!" Jazzy laughed, picking up a pillow and tossing it at her friend. The agile draculi dodged it with no problem, but at the expense of knocking one of his chips on the ground.
"Oh look what you've done!" Spartican moaned, bouncing down to the ground and nudging the chip with his nose.
"Lets go have a look around the town." Jazzy stood up and walked over to him. Spartican was so consumed with misery over his lost chip that he didn't notice until the girl picked him up.
"Ack!" He cried. "What are you doing?"
"Dragging your heavy butt out into town!" She laughed, and pretended to moan and groan as if he was the heaviest thing she had ever lifted.
"Come on Jazz, you said yourself it looks like it going to rain. Don't subject me to that!" He began to squirm trying to get out of her grip.
"Oh a little rain never hurt anybody, besides you could use a bath." Jazzy commented adjusting her friend in her arms and proceeding down the steps that lead to the main lobby of the inn.
"Ugh." Spartican moaned as he bounced around all the way down the steps.
"Morning!" Jazzy nodded at the man sitting by the front desk.
jazzylily
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jazzylily » 09/18/2007 12:25 PM

The man smiled and nodded back.
"You heading out today?" He asked with a an undistinguishable look on his face.
"Yeah. My friend and I thought we would check out the city. Any recommendations as to where to go?" Jazzy smiled but couldn't fight back the weird feeling that was creeping up from her stomach. The old man seemed to be hiding something. The look on his face and the tone in his voice was very odd.
"I would recommend you get out of town." He said lowering his voice. "Theres a storm coming, worst one in decades."
"Oh...yeah? Did the newspaper say that?" Jazzys mouth was a bit tweaked and the expression on her face clearly showed she was uncomfortable.
"No news paper is needed to predict this storm...no no, the spirit of the dread pirate Dante told me."
"Oooohhhh, ok, thats really nice." Spartican said in a very sarcastic tone. "Well we best be going before psycho tells us more."
"Spartican!" Jazzy hissed. "Thats very rude."
jazzylily
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jazzylily » 09/18/2007 12:34 PM

"You don't believe me do you?" The man said, his deep voice prodding the two with a low pitch.
"Oh no, thats not it...thats not it at..." Jazzy tried to say but was was cut off as a slender woman walked out from the kitchen of the inn. She looked from the old man to Jazzy and Spartican.
"Dad you didn't?" She said in a tired voice. "You did!" She moved her hand to her head and sighed loudly.
"Was he trying to scare you guys with some silly story?" She looked very embarrased.
"About the dread pirate dante?" Spartican bobbed his head and cocked his eye.
"Oh, dad!" The woman rubbed her face and closed her eyes. "I am so sorry." She turned and gave the old man a harsh stare.
"Hes always joking, thinks he funny." She smiled weakly.
"I am not joking! There is a storm coming and the dread pirate dante told me so!" He growled.
"You have to excuse him." The woman sighed, walking over to her father and helping him up out of his chair. "Come on dad, lets get you back to your room."
The two walked over to a door.
"I'm really sorry about this again. You two have a nice day." And with that the woman and her father disappeared into the room.
jazzylily
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jazzylily » 09/18/2007 12:40 PM

"Well that was weird." Spartican said as Jazzy sat him down on the street outside of the inn door.
"Hey look at the bright side, its an interesting story to tell the others when we get home, right?" She tried to turn the situation around, knowing that Spartican would never live it down.
"You know that wouldn't have happened if we had just stayed in the..."
Jazzy quickly cut him off. "Don't you dare say it!" She stuck out her finger and gave the draculi a long hard stare.
"Or else what?" He asked lowering his head and giving her a challenging stare.
"Or else the dread pirate dante will come back from his watery grave and get you!" Jazzy cried jumping at her friend and curling her finger into a hook. Spartican squealed and bounced back, a large smile playing on his face.
"Arr matey get back here!" Jazzy laughed chasing spartican around the road.
jazzylily
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jazzylily » 09/18/2007 1:18 PM

The game continued for a good minute or two before the girl and her draculi grew tired of bouncing about. They both were a bit on the lazy side by nature, Jazzy just tried to hide it more than Spartican. Both walking over to the stone wall that lay infront of the street of inns and houses, the two looked over and down at the crashing waves that lay below.
"I love the ocean." Jazzy smiled contently, closing her eyes and taking a deep breath.
"Eh its ok. I like the ocean area back home a little better. Beaches are sandier and at least its warm in the summer there as opposed to well...ugh...here." Spartican sighed deeply.
"You do have to admit though, this place is rather quaint." Turning around, Jazzy rested her back on the wall and propped herself up with her shoulders. The clock on the clock tower had just struck 12:30 and a haunting ring echoed through the usually bustling town.
"Not many people out today." Spartican observed, looking over his shoulder.
"Their probably trying to evade the rain more than likely."
"Ha! Yeah kind of like we should be doing?" Spartican had spaced out at a single fisherman down by the rocks.
jazzylily
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jazzylily » 09/18/2007 1:29 PM

"Hey lets go! I want to do some shopping." Jazzy shook her head, breaking the hazy trance that had begun to befall her. Doing the same thing Spartican turned his view from the man.
"I do want to pick up something for Narsis." Spartican said in reference to his girlfriend. "I just don't know what..."
"Ah well lets go look!" Jazzy smiled pushing herself off the wall.
"Ok." Spartican agreed. Taking one look back at the fisherman Spartican suddenly felt a chill crawl up his spine.
"You ok?" Jazzy asked, a little worried upon noticing the hollow look on the draculis face.
"There...there...where did he go?" Spatican began to look frantically up and down the beach for the fisherman who had dissappeared.
"Where did who go?" Jazzy was beginning to get a little nervous. Spartican was behaving strangely.
"There was a man down there and now he's...gone..." The draculi turned to face Jazzy who was trying to stop from laughing.
"I think that old mans mentioning of the dread pirate dante is getting to you." She giggled.
Spartican started to defend himself but stoped. "Yeah." He to began to laugh. "Your probably right."
jazzylily
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jazzylily » 09/18/2007 2:42 PM

Even though nothing out of the ordinary occured for the rest of the day, a strange feeling still lingered over Spartican. Every shop they entered and every item Spartican looked at seemed to give him a ghostly feeling, as if each place and thing was cursed or haunted. Jazzy simply laughed at his superstition and feelings of foreboding, trying her best to convince him there was nothing wrong.
"Your silly." Jazzy shook her head, sipping at her soup. The two had stopped for dinner and were now dining at a tiny outside covered cafe.
"I'm not being silly, I'm just weirded out thats all." The draculi sighed, staring out at the black clouds that now loomed over the city.
"This town is perfectly normal and so are the people so don't worry about that." Jazzy mumbled. She had begun to notice how the wave swells down on the rocky beach were growing rough.
"Yeah that old guy was peach wasn't he?" Spartican shook his head and looked down at his soup.
"Maybe we should head back to the hotel..." Jazzy said suddenly standing up.
jazzylily
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jazzylily » 09/18/2007 2:47 PM

"Why now all the sudden." The draculi looked up.
Jazzy simply pointed at the rising swells.
Spartican slowly stood up.
"Its probably just high tide..." Jazzy reasoned. Suddenly a large bolt of lighting struck a rod sticking off one of the higher ground house roofs.
The two screamed.
"I hate to be rude mam' but I'm going to have to close up shop." The cafe owner said beginning to pull in the outside chairs.
"Oh...ok." Jazzy said a bit scared. "Come on Spart." Jazzy strecthed out her arms, which Spartican gladly ran to. Holding him close she began to walk quickly up the hill that lead to the hotel.
"Is everything going to be ok?" Spartican looked up at his owner with scared eyes.
"Yes." Jazzy said in her strongest voice. "We will be fine don't worry." Jazzy covered his head and stroked him.
jazzylily
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jazzylily » 09/18/2007 2:55 PM

By the time the two had finally reached the inn, a strong gale had picked up. Because of this Jazzy had had a hard time trying to pull the door open. When they both got inside though, they went in search of the innkeeper immediately. They found her sitting in the kitchen staring at the wall.
"Excuse...miss?" Jazzy slowly approached her.
"Oh!" The woman jumped. "You startled me."
"I'm sorry." Jazzy responded quietly, bowing her head.
"Oh no its ok. Is there something you need?" She looked at the two, her intense green eyes piercing through them both.
"My friend and I were wondering if a storm like this is normal for these parts?" Jazzy looked around uncomfortably. The heavy pounding of rain on the roof could now be heard through out the whole inn.
"Honestly..." The woman asked.
"Yes honestly." Jazzy answered.
"I'm afraid not." She said lowering her eyes.
jazzylily
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jazzylily » 09/18/2007 8:17 PM

Slumping down into a chair next one of the many stoves in the kitchen Jazzy looked at the woman waiting for her to continue. When the woman did not she decided to speak up once again.
"Your...afraid not...what does that mean?" Jazzy tried not to get scared but the pale look plastered on the womans face was making that hard.
"My fathers a bit eccentric when it comes to ghosts...but hes always spot on when the weather is involved." She moved her eyes up from the floor to stare at Spartican. The look gave the draculi shivers down his spine, prompting him to rush over to Jazzy.
"So this storms going to be bad one then huh..." Jazzy began fiddling with her thumbs, a nervous behavior of hers.
"Hence my saying I'm afraid so." The woman sighed standing up and brushing off her apron.
"Whats that mean for us?" Jazzy now stared at the fire.
"It means we need to get out of here before the water rises."
jazzylily
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jazzylily » 09/20/2007 3:05 PM

"The waters going to rise?"Spartican had never in his life sounded so worried.
"I'm afraid so..."The woman was now moving around the kitchen opening cupboards and drawers. "I suggest you go grab your things, we probably only have about 20 minutes."
Jazzy nodded and grabbed up the draculi. "Come on. We best do what she says."
The two rushed upstairs as fast as they could. Once they were in their room Jazzy began to frantically grab up their stuff, throwing it all into her rucksack.
jazzylily
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

"Are we going to be ok?"Spartican sat on a chair in the corner of the room. He had curled up in a ball and was shaking a bit.
"Oh come on Spart. We've been through worse."She smiled at him kindly. "You shouldn't let a little bit of water worry you."As soon as she had said that the rain began to pound louder. "Haha..."She tired to laugh and make it better but it was too late.
"We are going to die!"Spartican cried.
"No we are not! Now come on silly!"Jazzy hated seeing her normally happy draculi acting like this, even if she herself was getting a bit scared.
jazzylily
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

"Look! I've packed everything. We can get out of here now."Jazzy exclaimed, hoping to distract her friend a bit.
"Good lets go!"Spartican jumped up.
Both of them ran to the door and back downstairs. To their horror the woman was gone.
"Where do we go?"Spartican asked in a scared voice.
"This way!"Jazzy pointed to the back door. They both rushed out. The roar of the sea seemed to be growing louder. This prompted the two to run faster.
"Where are we heading?"Spartican was dashing behind Jazzy, against the pelting rain.
"We are getting out of this town!"With that the two ran up the road that led out of town.
jazzylily
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Next