If you're looking for beautiful seaside scenery, this is the place for you. Home to the world's largest collection of fishermen and fishing pets, this city is well known, as it provides much of Barakka's fish exports. You should try the famous Broiled Sea Scalla, it's delicious! (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Jawan, the Sea City

Where am I? Who am I? (Quest for Memories, Closed)

Postby Yomegami » 08/09/2008 10:06 PM

((There isn't a paticular posting order for this, but when you've posted, wait for everyone else before posting again.))

Seagulls calling.... Waves splashing.... Boats tied to the docks. He could've sworn he had been here before.

Slowly swimming close to the docks was a large Werebetta - a Goldclaw, to be exact. He didn't seem hungry, but he did seem to be looking for something. But what could such a creature be looking for if he wasn't hungry? The answer, in this case, was memories - memories that he once had, but lost.

As he swam through the sea who's name he had forgotten, and near the city who's name was also lost to him, he recalled the only thing that he had remembered from those lost memories - his own name, K'riit.

From what he had been told by a rather large, white, and seemingly blood-splattered werebetta he had been introduced to when he arrived at a group of buildings called the Ruins, he had participated in an event known as the Purine/Imperial War, as an Imperialist. He seemed to express a strong emotion when talking about the subject....

K'riit, having completely forgotten about it, wanted to know more about this "war" and what he had done in it - and while he was at it, learn anew what that word meant.

But after getting that urge, something else became apparent to him - he had lost his memories, one of the few words that he did remember what it meant. And, he became detirmined to get them back.

And so he left the Ruins, in search of somebody who might help him on his quest. Which, in turn, brought him to this city, which he almost remembered what it was called....something beginning with "J".

However, for some reason, the people he saw walking around were keeping their distance from him. Why? Was he ugly or something?

So many questions..... and so far, K'riit hadn't found an answer to any of them.
Yomegami
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4526
Donate

Postby SweetDisaster » 08/10/2008 12:11 PM

((Assuming there is no post order...))

Rilari was in curious mode. Perhaps this was the reason she decided to venture into Jawan. Yes, it was a beautiful place for scenery, but there were also things to be explored. Seafood, beaches; the lot. So the Lucain had adopted an anthro form and was currently lounging on a beach chair on the dock, chewing at a dish that was supposed to be delicious but she didn't think much of. No, meat was much better. But, seeing as she'd already gone and paid, she was eating it.

Rilari had just finished and ran her finger along the plate to gather the remaining sauce when a flutter in the water caught her attention. Curiously, she twisted her head, squinting against the glare of the sun until the creature came into focus.

A...well, she wasn't entirely sure. She'd seen Kuni before, but this looked basically like that. Only, a lot bigger, with a lot more fin and teeth attached as well...and the coloring didn't particularly look right. Rilari frowned as she watched it swim around slowly, as if it was looking for something. Food? She considered her empty plate briefly, shrugging. Well, maybe. Maybe he'd dropped something earlier and had just come back to look for it?

Ah, curiosity. It was such an evil, evil thing. Rilari considered briefly, and then took off along the dock, leaving plate and chair. She caught sight of the thing again in the water when she'd gotten to a small peninsula-like piece of beach, stretching into the water. No doubt built by some little kids trying to reach the other side of the sea.

Splashing the water with one paw (she'd transformed back into her Lucain state in order to run faster) to get the thing's attention, she called, hoping her voice would carry through the water, "Hey! What are you?" What could she say? Curiosity left no room for politeness.

{16}
<center><a href="http://landsofevelon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3213">Breeder's List</a>|<a href="http://landsofevelon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3092">Zoo Pen</a>|<a href="http://landsofevelon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3214">Journal</a>|<a href="http://landsofevelon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3197">Wishlist</a>

~Rilari~

Credit goes to Pima for my avvie!
</center>
SweetDisaster
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 169
Donate

Postby Yomegami » 08/13/2008 3:47 PM

((Well, Kitleoh and Atoli are taking a while to get a post here, and impatientness is getting the better of me, so....))

K'riit, too focused on his quest and thoughts to notice something ashore had spotted him, continued on his slow cruise, looking straight ahead, searching for someone to help him find his memories.

Occasionally, he would cast a glance ashore, watching all the kids play in the sand, building structures out of them that often didn't last long. How confident they were, and how they actually remembered how to do such things.

Somewhere deep inside him, a primal instinct began to switch on - but fortunately for himself and possibly anyone else, a blunder in his movements switched it off again.

So engrossed was he with watching the children play that he wasn't paying attention to where he was going. As he turned to face forwards again, he suddenly realized his nose was inches away from a sandbar of sorts. Too close to come to a stop, he ran into it, bringing his thoughts and emotions to a sudden halt.

After a few seconds of struggling, he pulled himself backwards, shaking his head wildly to get rid of all the sand. It was while he was doing this that he heard the sounds of splashing, and someone calling.

"Hey! What are you?"

K'riit turned his head in that direction, to see the paw splashing around in the water.

Is it....talking to me?

In a few moments, his head and back breached the water and surface as the Werebetta glanced at some sort of mammal with an expression that could be best described as either blank or confused. Like he had forgotten almost everything else, what was this was also beyond him. It was a mammal, to be certain, perhaps one of those called "canines".

The only way to find out for sure, he reasoned, was to ask. While he was at it, assuming this creature was talking to him, he might as well answer its question.

"I am a Werebetta, but that's beside the point. The question is - What are you?" he asked it, with his own voice being filled with curiousity.
Yomegami
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SweetDisaster » 08/14/2008 1:55 PM

((Maybe PM them a reminder?))

Rilari grinned as the thing ran into a sandbar. It wasn't exactly hard to miss. She still splashed idly at the water, now enjoying the feeling more than actually trying to get the thing's attention. Maybe it was just mentally ill or something. Had anyone been there to hear her thoughts, they would have reprimanded Rilari severely, for the Lucain took it as a joke. But luckily, nobody was.

When the thing jumped out of the water half-way, the Lucain managed to take a good look at it. Much larger than a Kuni. She hadn't been sure before, as the water distorted the image. He also looked more vicious; more likely to tear off someone's head. A smile passed the female's mouth at the thought, pulling her lip back to expose her teeth. The blank look on his face made her grin stretch farther.

"I am a Werebetta, but that's beside the point. The question is - what are you?"

The curiosity was still not filled sufficiently. A Werebetta. Rilari had heard of those, of course. For one, some of the silly little Kuhnas that lived around her had been wanting to get one to study or something stupid like that. For another, she wasn't entirely clueless. She'd read about Evelon before, although she found exploring it much more satisfying.

Tucking her mouth into a disapproving pout, she regarded the creature sternly. "Don't you know anything?" she asked indignantly. "I'm a Lucain." She rolled her eyes. Then the moment was over and she slipped half into the water, solemnly staring at the Werebetta. "What's your name?" she queried eagerly. "Why're you around Jawan?"

It was a good thing that Rilari was in a good mood today, because if she hadn't been, she might have thought of food. Fish, not to put too fine a point on it.

{17}
<center><a href="http://landsofevelon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3213">Breeder's List</a>|<a href="http://landsofevelon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3092">Zoo Pen</a>|<a href="http://landsofevelon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3214">Journal</a>|<a href="http://landsofevelon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3197">Wishlist</a>

~Rilari~

</center>
SweetDisaster
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Yomegami » 08/17/2008 8:26 AM

((Atoli dropped out, and I haven't heard from Kitleoh.... So, yeah.))

"Don't you know anything?"

Well, K'riit couldn't blame this creature - a Lucain, as she called herself - for thinking that, but then again he couldn't help the fact that he had been stricken with sudden....dang it, what was that condition called again? Memories were horrible things to lose.

As she half-entered the water, it was probably fortunate for her that the Werebetta wasn't hungry - if he was, his instincts, one of the few strong memories he had left, would have kicked in, and she would have probably been torn to bits.

This creature had loads of questions, it seemed - now she, as apparently the lucain was female - was now asking his name and why he was around 'Jawan', which he guessed was what this city was called.

"I am called K'riit, and I pass by these shores today to find dear things I lost - my memories, and with them most of my mind." came his response.
Yomegami
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SweetDisaster » 08/17/2008 10:14 AM

((Ah...))

K'riit. A nice name. If one saw it on print, it would probably be near impossible to pronounce. Rilari cocked her head, considering his words. How did someone loose their memories? A vague memory of her own returned to her. Someone was telling her getting hit on the head hard enough...? Or was that just a rumor? She wrinkled her nose, tucking her tails around her haunches in the water.

"So you've been here before?" she asked. "Are you trying to find someone you knew? Wait, wait; if you lost your memories, how'll you know when you find someone?"

Ooh, so many mysteries! Rilari wasn't exactly sure why she felt so happy and bubbly right now, not to mention curious, but it was a good feeling. She flicked her ears back thoughtfully, lapsing into a brief silence. Was it odd, to want to help somebody?

For her, yes.

"Maybe I can help you find your memories!" she offered brightly. "What exactly were we looking for here, hmm?" Rilari didn't know what memories looked like, or even if they did have an appearance, but she'd never lost any before. Maybe it was just one of those odd things, like a Bleeder popping up after heartbreak.

{18}

~Rilari~

</center>
SweetDisaster
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Yomegami » 09/08/2008 4:47 PM

((Now, let's try to do this over again....))

Ah, at last! He had found someone who was willing to help. Although he didn't show it much, K'riit was, in fact, overjoyed to hear that fact. But before they could get down to business, he had to answer several more questions the lucain was peppering him with.

He cast a glance towards the city. "I might have been here once, but that was only if I was doing something for the war. Which is why I came here - to see if anyone else knew about this Imperial/Purine War."

Alright, that was out of the way. Now, he had given her his name, now to get her name....

"May I ask what you go by?" he asked.
Yomegami
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Yomegami » 09/11/2008 6:32 PM

((Ignore this post for now - this is just to get me out of Jawan.))

Huh. So the Goldclaw that had accompanied her to her new home had buggered off. Something about hunting down his memories.

As the Fighter Werebetta neared the sea city, she couldn't help but think of how stupid K'riit was to leave his home when the only things he knew were his instincts. Instincts couldn't get you anywhere.

So, that's why she had left (or had been forced to leave) the Ruins - hunt down K'riit, and drag him back home.

She surfaced for a few minutes, judging her postion and seeing if she could spot the Goldclaw. However, the only things that came into view were sunbathers lying around the beach. Rolling her eyes and sighing, she sank beneath the sea and continued onwards.
Yomegami
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate