If you're looking for beautiful seaside scenery, this is the place for you. Home to the world's largest collection of fishermen and fishing pets, this city is well known, as it provides much of Barakka's fish exports. You should try the famous Broiled Sea Scalla, it's delicious! (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Jawan, the Sea City

Re: Normalcy? Maybe...[P](Me n' SkyWolf11)

Postby SkyWolf11 » 12/30/2008 7:15 PM

It wasn't long before Silva's paw swept over a few items in the sand.  Unsheathing his claws, he grabbed what felt like two shells and hauled them to the surface.  Lifting his paw out of the water, there was indeed two shells resting peacefully in his grasp.

He fought up the sliding sands on the shore and reached the bag.  He sat for a moment, looking the shells over.  One was strangely flat, not hollowed or anything.  It was bright orange with tiny white speckles.  He carefully placed it in the bag with the others.  

Taking the second one in both paws, he rotated it.  It was shaped like a cone, spiraling to a point.  It was hollow on the inside, except for a few clumps of wet sand still clinging to it.  It was a light blue at the bottom and faded to a dull yellow as it spiraled to the tip.  He smiled and placed it up to an ear.  He could hear the ocean partly, just as people said.  He'd keep this one to remind him of the ocean...and his time with Lu.  He placed it in the bag and looked back at Lu as he walked back to his spot.  He smiled at her eagerness to find the shells.

"The shopkeeper was right.  This is a good spot for searching."  He gave the setting sun another sad yet admiring look, knowing their day was coming to an end.  He dismissed the thought, wanting to make the most of his time, and jumped back into his spot in the water to commence searching again.

{48}
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 680
Donate
Location: Trying to integrate back into Evelonian society :,U

Postby clackno1 » 12/31/2008 1:35 PM

Lu pulled up another shell from the murky water, this one covered with different shades of yellow and red. She flopped onto the shore with the shell still locked firmly in her jaws. She started gasping for breathe from having to hold her breathe so much and wobbled up farther onto the shore to the bag. When she placed the shell in the bag she sat in the sand, her breathing a bit more controlled. She flicked sand and water from her tails as it dripped from her face. She could feel the gritty sand in her teeth but ignored it. She started digging through their collection of shells until she found the heart shaped rock she had stepped on. The blue tinted rock was smooth to the touch for it came from the ocean, but light, almost like it was hollow. She shifted the rock from paw to paw before running a claw lightly over it. When she found a small groove that her claw would fit in she slowly applied pressure, causing the rock to chip as a crack ran down the middle. She stared at it in confusion as she applied more pressure and the crack got longer. When it ran almost the full diameter of the rock she edged her claws into the crack and started to pry it apart. The stone cracked and chipped and small bluish shard fell to the sand. The rock split completely and she struggled to catch the two pieces in her paws as they fell. When she had them firmly in her paws she looked at the inside and found small, blue-green crystals covering the surface. The crystals glinted in the light and Lu stared in wonderment at them.

One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the twentieth century.
Jack the Ripper

Zoo Pen/~/Wishlist/~/Breeders Listing/~/Clickables
clackno1
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 305
Donate

Postby SkyWolf11 » 12/31/2008 2:02 PM

Only a few seconds had Silva been back in the surf and he had found another shell.  He pulled his dripping body from the water and onto the sand once again.  The shell was covered in sand, far too covered to see any details.  He dipped the shell into the rolling waters climbing up the beach until it was clean.

Looking at it, it's shape was strangely that of an oval.  Silva wasn't too amazed by its shape after seeing more of the unique shells the Jawan sea had to offer.  It was flat yet had enough bulk to firmly hold on to.  He tapped the top of shell with a claw.  It sounded quite hollow.  He held it up to his ear and shook it.  A small scraping sound suggested something was inside.  Silva paid it no mind though.

He couldn't make out it's true color as the sun's orange glow gave everything a golden tint.  He made his way over to Lu and placed the shell on the bag then sat.  He sighed heavily as he gazed longingly at the fading sun.  It was now more than halfway under the sea's horizon.  He gaze shifted to the clouds.  They were a magnificent golden color with bursts of orange.  A few flushes of purple in the following clouds told him night was coming soon.

He turned his attention back to Lu and her now-broken shell.  His ears perked in interest as he picked the small bluish shard from the sand.  Looking into her shell, he smiled with interest.

"Cool.  Who would have thought a shell held something like those."  He smiled and admired the shard he had.

{49}
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby clackno1 » 12/31/2008 9:32 PM

Lu touched each small crystal lightly with her claws before lightly placing the two pieces back in the bag. She scanned each shell quickly before looking to Silva."What should we do with them? It is getting late." She ran her paw through the sand, creating a small hole before more sand fell from the sides, filling it in. The sand glowed from the blazing sunset, and most of the sky had turned a deep purple and the clouds were light pinks and yellows. She smiled as she stared at the multicolored sky. She heard a few seagulls in the distance and listened to the waves lapping at the shore and the surf farther out. She flicked sand from her tails and fur. Her fur had mostly dried now, but it was still a bit damp. She could feel the sand in between her toes, but she didn't mind. She had grown used to the sand by now, and just ignored it.

Jack the Ripper

clackno1
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SkyWolf11 » 12/31/2008 9:55 PM

((Would you like the wrap up the RP now?  Just wondering  =3  ))

Silva thought silently as he admired the scenery.  It was getting late.  The moment he had dreaded had come.  He would once more had to bid Lu farewell.  A gentle smile hid his sadness.

"Well, I would say possibly sell them to the shopkeeper, but I doubt he's still open."  He looked back at the city of Jawan.  Very few lights remained lit.  "I suppose we could keep them as keepsakes ... perhaps?"  He shrugged playfully.

The distant sound of seagulls cries and the rolling waters created a calming atmosphere.  Silva took the chance to breath in one last sweet smell of the ocean for the night.  A gentle breeze glided over the shore, drying his still, lightly damp fur.

Standing, he dipped his back in typical cat fashion and stretched his resting muscles.  His toes spread in the sand, making smooth grooves as he retracted.  He flicked his flaming tails with care, causing a ghostly illusion in the falling darkness.  His amber eyes shown brightly as he looked at Lu with a warm smile.

{50 = lvl 11}
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby clackno1 » 12/31/2008 10:14 PM

((Sure, if that's fine with you...))

Lu thought over the choices. She dearly wanted to keep the purple one she had found, so maybe they could sell the others to the shopkeeper if he was still open. She yawned as she thought this over, showing her needle sharp fangs. She twitched her tails, and when she felt one brush against Silva's she could feel her fur burn with embarrassment as a light blush filled her cheeks, which could, thankfully, not be seen under her fur. She quickly retracted her tail and laid them lightly over her paws. She took a deep breathe and the blush disappeared and she smiled and went back to staring at the horizon. She didn't want to leave, and she realized that she really didn't want to leave Silva. She liked his company, loved it even maybe. She closed her eyes for a second as she went over the days events so far. She hadn't injured herself...yet. Somehow she felt something was going to go terribly wrong on the way home, but she'd face. It wouldn't kill her, hopefully. She listened to the calming sound of the waves breaking and sighed with pleasure. Somehow, she felt the day couldn't have gone any better.

Jack the Ripper

clackno1
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SkyWolf11 » 12/31/2008 10:53 PM

((Okay - this'll be Silva's final post I guess ^_^ ))

Taking a look through the bag, he found his spiraled shell and took it from the bag.  He'd let Lu have the rest to do with as she pleased, this one was enough for him.  He placed the shell in front of him and stared at it, not sure of what to say next.  He carefully poked at it with a paw, trying to find words.

He jerked in surprise as Lu's tail brushed his.  He stared at her with interest and noticed the slight look of embarrassment on her face.  He laughed quietly.  He had to admit, she was cute.  Being around Lu, he found he no longer became embarrassed easily, or at least, as embarrassed as he used to.  He would still have those moments, but he felt completely comfortable now.  Purposely, he inched closer and let his tail sweep across one of her paws.  He gave her another warm smile before a yawn crept from him.

He decided it was time to go, no matter how much he didn't want to.  Prolonging the goodbye would just make it harder.  Besides, they would meet again...right?  He hoped so.  If she called him, he would come running, no questions asked.  He picked up his shell with his teeth and gave the sea one final admiring look before turning back to Lu.

"Well, we should be going I suppose, before it gets too dark."  By now he had mastered talking through clenched teeth.  "If you'd like, we could walk back together?"  He motioned towards the street leading back through the city.  His tails danced happily as he recalled the day.  This was by far the best day he'd had.

{51}

((You can manipulate Silva how you want to finish your post ^_^  Great RP!!~ ))
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby clackno1 » 12/31/2008 11:03 PM

Lu shifted her paw when Silva brushed his tail over it. She smiled and blushed lightly again, but with happiness. She turned around and smiled at him before pulling the bag over her head. She brushed past him, their pelts lightly touching, to the street."Sure, that sounds great." She hated leaving, but it wouldn't be forever. She would see Silva again, whether by chance or their owners setting it up. She started down the street with him following.

((Such a bad ending post. It was fun, we'll have to RP again sometime.))

RP Completed

Jack the Ripper

clackno1
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous