If you're looking for beautiful seaside scenery, this is the place for you. Home to the world's largest collection of fishermen and fishing pets, this city is well known, as it provides much of Barakka's fish exports. You should try the famous Broiled Sea Scalla, it's delicious! (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Jawan, the Sea City

Normalcy? Maybe...[P](Me n' SkyWolf11)

Postby clackno1 » 11/27/2008 5:30 PM

Where was she again? She stopped to look at the street sign, but there was none. Great, lost again. She walked along the brick road, past market stalls and coffee shops. She could smell the salt from the sea. Her paws kicked some gravel as she searched for some sign of where she was, or where she was going. What a way to start off the day. Getting lost is one of her strong points."I don't know why I decided to come here alone..." She mumbled to herself. The sun shone clear and there was barely a cloud in the sky. She hadn't been out in a while. The last time she left she got lost searching for some hot springs in Roraldi Forests. Her owner had told her about them and she had run off looking for a stress reliever, and had almost gotten herself eaten by a lake monster. Great trip. When she wanted to go out again she asked her owner for a good place, and she said Jawan. At least it's not a forest.

One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the twentieth century.
Jack the Ripper

Zoo Pen/~/Wishlist/~/Breeders Listing/~/Clickables
clackno1
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 305
Donate

Postby SkyWolf11 » 11/27/2008 5:58 PM

Posts (25) ~~~~~ Level (6)

"Mmmm yes!  The sweet, sweet smell of the sea!"  Silva laughed and took in another deep breath.  He flicked his tails happily, making the silver flames dance in the calm breeze.  All day he'd been itching to come here.  What exactly made Jawan his choice he couldn't really say.  Maybe it was the salty waters.  Despite being of feline heritage, water was a joy for him.

He ran through the street towards the docks to get a better view of the waves.  A familiar smell in the air made him slow to a walk and finally stop.  He sniffed the salty air for the scent again.  His eyes widened as he matched it.  

"It is!  Here?"  He scanned the streets, coming upon a small feline figure a few yards away.  With a toothy grin, he started towards the other kuhna.

"Lu!  Hey!"  He called out happily.

{26}
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 680
Donate
Location: Trying to integrate back into Evelonian society :,U

Postby clackno1 » 11/27/2008 6:12 PM

Lu was surprised when she heard her name. She stepped back to try and see who was calling her. She recognised a scent in the air through all the salt. Her eyes widened when she saw him."Silva?" She stepped back again in surprise. Her paw hit loose gravel and she fell flat on her face. She rubbed her head with her paw and winced when she felt a bump. She sat up to inspect it easier."Wow, that's just like me." She inspected her paws for damage but found nothing except for a few pieces of gravel stuck in her claws. She stood up and shook her fur, sending small pieces of gravel flying."I wonder how many people saw that..." She scanned the crowd quickly. Good, no one was staring. She spotted Silva again and the realisation hit her."Silva." She took a step forwards then stopped, confused. She went over the chances of this happening then thought it impossible. She groaned quietly to herself. Somehow, her owner had set her up.

Jack the Ripper

clackno1
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SkyWolf11 » 11/28/2008 11:21 AM

Silva couldn't help but laugh at her fall.  Skidding to a stop near her, the gravel almost made him do the same.

"Still having klutzy moments huh?"  He smiled then an expression of confusion appeared on his face.

"What brings you to Jawan?"  He stood quietly for a moment, thinking.  'What were the odds we ended up meeting again?  Was it purposely arranged?  No ... well ... Sky did insist I should come here today ...'  He thought to himself.  Sky did know of his trip to Roraldi Forests.  And he had mentioned Lu, but not so much her owner.  Maybe this was just fate?  Questions riddled his brain and before long, he had zoned out.

{27}
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby clackno1 » 11/28/2008 12:25 PM

Lu shook a few more pieces of gravel from her tail as he approached."Moments? I wouldn't really say moments, I'd say more of...Traumatic Disasters. Don't you think so?" She laughed at her joke, though she meant it."Well, I was looking for some place to go since I hadn't been out since Roraldi, and my owner suggested Jawan. I think so because it's a place where I can get completely lost but can still get help, and have some hope." She smiled at Silva. It was good to see him again. Her smile disappeared when she realised he had zoned out. She nudged him gently to bring him back down to earth.

Jack the Ripper

clackno1
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SkyWolf11 » 11/28/2008 3:40 PM

He jerked at the nudge and snapped back into reality.  He flashed his usual silly smile.

"My bad."  He hit his head with a paw.  "Zoning out happens a lot to me these days."  He chuckled and re-ran Lu's words through his head.

"Traumatic disasters?  They aren't that bad are they?"  He gave her a concerned look then continued.  

"Funny how things work out huh?"  He flicked his tails calmly.  It was so much easier talking to Lu than other kuhnas.  He thought about their time in Roraldi Forests.  Finding oneself lost in a place like that was inevitable, but here in this calm city, it wasn't as common.  Or so he believed.  Strange things can occur anywhere and everywhere.

{28}
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby clackno1 » 11/28/2008 4:41 PM

A look of disbelief formed on her face."Are you kidding. Lets see, falling of a cliff, almost getting eaten by a lake monster, and falling into a hole with large stakes at the bottom. You don't think those are traumatic?" She kicked a pebble with her paw. How was it that she could talk to Silva, have an accident, and not get embarrassed by it. She had felt strange feelings for him in Roraldi, and sometimes when she was thinking her thoughts would turn to him ever since she had left Roraldi Forests. She stared at the different shapes and colors of the gravel as she pondered this.

Jack the Ripper

clackno1
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SkyWolf11 » 11/29/2008 3:21 PM

"Hmmm...you have a point."  His silly smile returned.  Silva wasn't the type of kuhna to dwell on the bad things life had to offer.  He preferred to look at the finer things in life; have a good time with what he had.

The same feeling returned; the feeling of warmth he'd experienced when they were at Roraldi.  He wouldn't deny the facts - he felt something for Lu.  However, he wouldn't act upon them until he was for certain it was true.  There was no need to rush things, that is, if it was a thing.  Shaking his head slightly, he chased away the thoughts.  He decided to just let fate play out.  He began rocking lightly and sway his tails.  A feeling of anxiousness was forming.

"Hey, want to walk along the beach?"  He took a moment to think about what he just said.  Cheesy.  "I mean...just to enjoy the sight of the sea."  He stuttered slightly.  He wanted to move.  Something to burn the extra energy he had.

{29}
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby clackno1 » 11/29/2008 5:30 PM

Lu perked up at the sound of the beach."Sure. C'mon, you had me at 'walk'. I'm bored of standing still." She started off in the direction of the ocean. She wasn't completely lost, she could find a beach. She hated the feel of the sand in her fur, but the feel of the water soothing her scratched paws made her impatient. She wanted to sprint, but didn't want to seem that impatient. It wasn't the walk that excited her, but the walk with Silva. Spending time with him was all she wanted to do, for reasons unknown to her. She felt like her heart was going to explode with happiness. She kept a smile on her face as she watched her feet so she wouldn't fall again.

Jack the Ripper

clackno1
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SkyWolf11 » 12/03/2008 7:06 PM

Silva laughed with relief that she felt the same way.  He rhythmically shifted weight from one side to another.  His toes ached from his weight.  When Lu agreed to the walk,  he started after her without a second thought, giving his paws the relief they had awaited.

Steadying himself into a comfortable pace beside Lu, he purred softly at the feel of the warm sand beneath his paws.  He snook a quick glimpse of a crashing wave a few feet from the shore and smiled.  Oh how he wished he could be any good on a surf board.  Maybe one day he'd take the time to learn.

Looking back at Lu, a warm feeling once more washed over him.  This was like a trip to paradise for him.  Not wanting the moment to turn awkward, he decided to try and spark a conversation.

"Not meaning to pry or nothing,"
 He started slowly,  "...but I was just wondering...how have you been since our last meeting?"  He wished he could have drug up a more interesting topic ,but this was the only thing that came to mind at the moment.

{30 = lvl 7}
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby clackno1 » 12/03/2008 7:20 PM

Lu started to purr as she felt the warm sun soak into her fur. Her paws sank into the sand until she could barely see them. She flicked sand from her ear as the breeze made her fur puff out. She glanced at the beach and longed for the feel of the water in her fur. She turned back to Silva as he asked her how she's been."Fine. I couple pets went out on more adventures and we got a new kit since then, but that was a while ago. Nothing really all that new." She smiled at as a purr started up in her throat."How about you?" The sun had completely warmed her fur and she felt snug wrapped in the warmth, though the cool of the water would be a relief also.

Jack the Ripper

clackno1
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SkyWolf11 » 12/03/2008 7:38 PM

The sound of her purring made him smile.  A small gust of wind blew sand around him, making him sneeze a couple of times as it hit his nose.  He squinted to avoid it from reaching his eyes.  It was over in a matter of seconds, much to his relief.  He shook his head lightly to remove the small patches of sand.

"That's better then back at my home."  He chuckled.  "It hasn't been too exciting as of late.  Well, Sky did want to try for some more kits, but she couldn't get a room."  He laughed.  

The sound of waves crashing into the water was relaxing.  The water swiftly washed onto the beach then retreated, and again.  It was tempting to just go dive into them, but Silva maintained his calm.  However, he found himself inching ever so close to the edge of the water while he walked.

{31}
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby clackno1 » 12/03/2008 10:41 PM

Lu giggled with him. She noticed him inching closer and closer to the shore. An idea came to her mind."You want to go swimming? I'll race you!" She didn't even wait for a response, dashing towards the water as fast as she could, kicking up sand behind her. Her fur was pushes flat as she ran, and she was glad to be rid of the fuzziness. Her paws hit the water and she didn't even mind the cold. She dived right into a wave and disappeared underwater. She came back up on the other side, laughing and gasping for air as another wave pummelled her. She hadn't had this much fun in a while. She walked into shallower water where the waves were less fierce. She looked back at Silva and twitched her ear at him to tell him to come on.

Jack the Ripper

clackno1
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SkyWolf11 » 12/04/2008 11:40 PM

Silva's body answered for him as he started into a sprint for the waves.  As he reached the water, he skid into an oncoming wave and also went under.  He burst through the surface laughing and spit out water that had gotten in his mouth.

"You didn't have to tell me twice!"  He laughed, paddling slowly to stay afloat.  This was just the place he needed to be.  A wonderful day, beautiful beach, and best of all he was with Lu.  He dived under again to see what the underwater world looked like.  It was all pretty clear.  He poked his head up and looked for Lu.  When he noticed she had moved to the more shallow spot, he swam over and splashed water towards her in a playful manner.

{32}
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby clackno1 » 12/05/2008 4:15 PM

Lu spit out a bit of water that had gotten into her mouth. She dug her claws into the water soaked sand for better grip against the current. Her claws hit something hard buried in the sand and she dug around with her paw for it. She grabbed whatever her claws had touched and pulled it from it's sandy prison. Her paw came up with a beautiful shell, white and grooved on one side, and smooth with different shades of purple on the other. She sat in the shallows and ran her paws over the grooved and smooth sides. The colors swirled around on the smooth surface of the shell. She became transfixed, her eyes trying to find some kind of pattern in the swirls. She bits of sand and water dripped from the shell, cleaning any grime covering it and showing more of the beautiful swirls.

Jack the Ripper

clackno1
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Next