If you're looking for beautiful seaside scenery, this is the place for you. Home to the world's largest collection of fishermen and fishing pets, this city is well known, as it provides much of Barakka's fish exports. You should try the famous Broiled Sea Scalla, it's delicious! (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Jawan, the Sea City

Postby clackno1 » 12/13/2008 6:43 PM

Lu shook her fur again to get any more drops off that hadn't dried yet. She picked up her own shell in her mouth. She stepped onto the street, being careful not to step in any sand, and walked over to him. Small pieces of gravel stuck to her paws, but she was able to shake them loose."So, where should we go for some water?" She started down the street, her eyes searching for somewhere they could get a free drink. She noticed a water pump near a small gift and souvenir shop. Her mouth felt drier as she looked at it. She padded towards it and placed her paws on the handle. When she applied pressure a small trickle of water came out. The water was clean and fresh. She applied more pressure and the trickle became a thin stream, hitting the pavement and sinking back into the soil through cracks. She sighed with relief that it worked.

One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the twentieth century.
Jack the Ripper

Zoo Pen/~/Wishlist/~/Breeders Listing/~/Clickables
clackno1
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 305
Donate

Postby SkyWolf11 » 12/14/2008 4:18 PM

"No idea." Silva murmured through clenched teeth, looking around.  When Lu started down the street, he followed without protest.  

Upon seeing the water pump, Silva let out a laugh of relief and ran up beside it, the same as Lu.  He placed the shell carefully beside his foot.  He watched the sparkling water flow from the opening and without thinking, leaned in and took a refreshing sip.  A cold feeling washed down with the water and then spread to his body.  

"Ah, the sweet taste of life!"  He sighed happily, taking a step back out of Lu's way.  He hoped she wouldn't have thought it rude that he'd done that, but he couldn't help himself.  

"Let's see...we've found a shower and water..."
he paused, thinking to himself, "what should we do next?"  He flashed his silly grin at Lu then sat down for a moment to groom his fur.  

{41}
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 680
Donate
Location: Trying to integrate back into Evelonian society :,U

Postby clackno1 » 12/14/2008 4:48 PM

Lu waited for Silva to finish drinking before she took a drink of her own. She didn't think it rude of him going first without asking her, she knew him too well for that. She took down a big gulp of the clear water and released the pump handle. The stream of water stopped and was reduced to a small drip. She walked over to stand next to Silva and thought about what they should do next. Her eyes wandered to the small gift shop they were standing in front and she noticed a beautiful yellow necklace made from shell. A small sign in the window told her that the shell was from the local beaches. She smiled at her discovery."That shop is selling jewellery made from shell from the local beaches. Maybe the owner knows where the best spots to find the shells are." She started towards the door to the shop, but then turned to wait for him.

Jack the Ripper

clackno1
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: Normalcy? Maybe...[P](Me n' SkyWolf11)

Postby SkyWolf11 » 12/17/2008 2:30 PM

"Good thinking."  Silva smiled and went to pick up his shell again.  He quickly followed after Lu with a smile.

As he followed he began to wish he had taken human form.  The spikes of the shell were beginning to make his mouth ache as he gripped them.  But, then again, he loved being in his true form.  He felt more...normal.  He dismissed the thought and stared at the small gift shop.  

As he neared the shop, he reared up and looked through the window where a variety of shells were on display.  He gasped quietly in awe as he scanned over the beautifully colored shells.  His tails flicked happily, sending the never ending silver flames around him.  Despite the numerous shells he saw, none matched his particular one.  This puzzled him.

{42}
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby clackno1 » 12/17/2008 4:36 PM

Lu reared up and lightly placed her paws on the large, glass window. She stared at the swirling colors, and found a lot that were purple, but none were the exact design as hers. Her eyes quickly ran over all the different colors and patterns and she realized why none were exactly the same."They're all unique, just like snowflakes. None are exactly the same." She found green, blue, pink, yellow, purple, and even a few shades of black. Each one was a different and unique shape, and they seemed to have small messages inscribed in them that she couldn't make out from behind the window. She stepped away from the window and picked up her shell at her feet. She flicked her tails in excitement as she lightly pushed open the door and headed inside. A small bell at the top of the door announced her arrival and she winced slightly as she heard the noise.

Jack the Ripper

clackno1
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SkyWolf11 » 12/22/2008 12:52 PM

((Sorry for the wait o3o;; ))

"That's just awesome."  Silva smiled and looked over the shells.  Lu was right.  Not a one was the same.  That would explain why his shell didn't match the stores.  Same with Lu's.  

The ringing of the store's bell snapped Silva from his stare.  He quickly grabbed his shell and hurried after Lu into the store.  A glance around inside made Silva smile.  Shells littered numerous shelves and beach towel racks were numerous too.  There was a sweet smell of sea salt, probably from the shells, that made his skin tingle just remembering the ocean.  

He ran up to one of the towel racks.  He carefully opened one to see a colorful shell design.  He took another look around the store.  There were many items other than shells, but many had shell themes, so to speak.

"Man, they're all about shells here, huh?"  He laughed and looked at Lu, his shell dangling from his mouth.

{43}
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby clackno1 » 12/22/2008 5:08 PM

Lu tore her eyes from the colorful shell-based merchandise to look at the counter at the back of the store. She walked up to it and placed her shell on the ground to get up on her hind legs and place her front paws on the counter. She winced as she heard a crash from the back room and a small yelp. She heard a box fall to the floor and something shatter, and hoped that it wasn't valuable. A thin, nicely dressed human-form fellox walked through the doorway dusting off his shirt that was covered in packing peanuts. She heard small popping noises as he stepped on the fallen packing peanuts."Ah, terribly sorry. Just got a new shipment in and it's always exciting to open new merchandise, also making me terribly impatient, and so it's easy to drop things. But, no matter, what can I help you with?" The human-form fellox fixed his spectacles on his nose before walking behind the counter."Me and my friend here found a few shells while on the beach and we were just wondering where the best places to find more are, since you seem to have a lot of jewellery made from brilliantly colored shells." Her eyes wandered to the glass case she had her paws on to hold herself up. Inside there were amazingly decorated and craved necklaces, bracelets, and earrings. Each one was a different color and shape, carved to perfection. The colors on them were brilliant and bright, almost neon.

Jack the Ripper

clackno1
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SkyWolf11 » 12/23/2008 1:58 PM

Through the different scents of the store, Silva's ears twitched with alert as the scent of a fellox became present to him.  About that time, the crash and yelp made him hop backwards.  He watched as a fellox in human form walked out in front of them.  He quickly calmed down and cocked a brow in interest at the fellow.  Intently, he listened to Lu and the fellox's conversation.

"There's one question that's been bugging me since we found these."  He looked at the owner.

"Ah yes?"  The owner smiled at him.

"Would you know why each is uniquely different?  Not that it's not awesome they are, just wondering."  Silva kindly smiled at the fellox, awaiting the answer.  

"Ah, good question.  I'm not sure anyone knows why, so sorry I couldn't give you a correct answer.  But it does make for interesting jewelry, no?"  He shrugged with a smile.

"Okay." He smiled, even though he hadn't got a definite answer.

{44}
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby clackno1 » 12/23/2008 4:36 PM

Lu watched the shopkeeper answer Silva;s question before turning back to her."The best places to find them, right. Please, excuse me a moment." He disappeared into the back room. She heard him shuffle through boxes and mumbled to himself a bit before returning to the counter. he placed a map on the glass counter and took a pen from his pocket."Right, so here is my shop, and these are the best places to find them, so then these would be the quickest routes." He scribbled on the map a few times before folding it up and pushing it over to Lu on the other side of the counter."I have marked the best places to find the shells, and also the quickest routes to help you. If you find any really pretty ones, please, bring them back and I'll be happy to carve them for you. The first one is free for each person. Oh, here, you might need it to carry the shells in." He handed her a plastic bag along with the map and she took both in her mouth."Thank you so much." She was able to mumble through the bag and map. She hopped from the counter and started towards the door."Have a nice day." He called back to her before disappearing into the back room again.

Jack the Ripper

clackno1
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SkyWolf11 » 12/26/2008 4:50 PM

As the shopkeeper was informing Lu, Silva wondered around the store.  He noticed a few bottles of lotion that caught his eye.  Carefully picking one up, he read the description on the label.  

"Scents of the Sea huh?"  He murmured to himself.  He slowly twisted the lid off as not to spill any.  Taking a few small sniffs, he let out a happy sigh.  "It does smell of the ocean!"  He laughed to himself.  He quickly twisted the lid back on, grabbed his shell in the usual way, and headed for the door as he noticed Lu was leaving.  

As he passed the shopkeeper, Silva bid him goodbye with a nod and smile.  The shopkeeper did the same and went back to his business.  Silva gently pushed the door open, making the bell jingle.  His ears twitched at the high pitch ring, but he quickly returned to normal.  He looked at Lu and chuckled softly at how she looked, map and bag stuffed in her mouth.

"Where to now my leader?"  He laughed and flashed his trademark smile.

{45 = lvl 10}
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby clackno1 » 12/26/2008 6:04 PM

Lu placed her shell on the ground outside the shop and spread out the map. She ran her paws over the places where the shopkeeper had circled and followed the lines he had made. She smiled and looked at Silva."This is the closest spot on the beach to us, then he marked the easiest route, so we should go that way." She pointed to a street going the opposite direction of the shop, back towards the beach. Lu refolded the map and picked it up, as well as the shell, in her mouth and started down the street. She flicked her tails in excitement of finding more of the one-of-a-kind shells and she grinned. She noticed that the sun was already starting to dip over the horizon, making the sky explode in a red orange fire. The clouds took on a yellow glow, adding more to the beautiful sunset. She paused for a second to stare at the color before continuing down the street. She wanted to see the sun dip down under the water and see it light the water ablaze, and so she sped up, anxious to get to beach.

Jack the Ripper

clackno1
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SkyWolf11 » 12/29/2008 4:09 PM

"Sounds good to me."  Silva looked down the street Lu was pointing towards.  

He gently placed his shell in the bag the shopkeeper had given them, tired of caring it in his mouth.  Seeing as Lu had the map, he figured the least he could do was carry the bag.  He stuck the bag over his head and adjusted it around his neck.  This was a much easier way to carry it.  He smiled, glad his mouth was free.

Walking with Lu down the street, he too noticed the sunset slowly making its way to the sea.  He smiled at the thought of that fantasy walk along the beach at sunset.  He looked over at Lu.  That warm feeling that had laid dormant for so long was back.  He liked it.  And he liked being with Lu.  He sighed happily.

He kept pace with Lu as she sped up.  The bag around his neck gently knocked against his forelegs in a rhythmic manner as he kept up the slight jog.  He could see the beach off aways from where they were.  His tails flicked in a calm, yet happy way.

{46}
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby clackno1 » 12/29/2008 6:06 PM

Lu glanced at Silva and the warm feeling from Roraldi returned. She smiled to herself and small purr started rumbling in her chest. She kept her eyes on the beach and made sure her paws were getting a good grip on the road. The last thing she wanted to do was tumble to the hard ground. The last thing she needed was an injury, not now. She kept a good grip on the shell and map in her jaws as they turned a slight corner, revealing the beach. There weren't many people on it, and the sunset was turning the sand a beautiful blazing orange. She ran the rest of the way and when her paws hit the sand she sighed contentedly. The warm sand was starting to cool with the source of heat that warmed it disappearing over the horizon. She walked up to the water and let it lap at her paws, washing the sand from them. She realized she'd have to leave soon, with it getting dark and all. She didn't want to leave. The trip had actually planned out better than she had hoped. She walked up the beach a bit more and dropped the shell and map on the sand, making sure to place the shell over the map so it wouldn't blow away. She flicked her tails with happiness before plunging into the surf. Her head disappeared under the water as she searched and shifted through the sand for more shells.

Jack the Ripper

clackno1
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SkyWolf11 » 12/30/2008 4:14 PM

When the beach came into sight around the corner, Silva let out a laugh and raced towards it.  The sand engulfed his paws, still fairly warm yet cooling to the touch.  It made him shiver happily.  

Looking around, he could see people beginning to pack up and leave for home.  He would have to do the same soon.  He frowned only for a second before a smile crept back onto his face.  At least he got the chance to be with Lu again.  The sinking sun made the water a sparkling gold and orange tint along with his fur.  It was beautiful.  He stood staring at it's beauty for a few minutes, wishing it would never go down.

He walked over to where Lu had placed their stuff and added the bag to the collection.  Choosing another place a good distance away from Lu, he sunk his paws into the clumped sand under the water and gently pushed it around.  The water calmly lapped at his sides as he searched.  'At least the water is calmer now.', he thought with a smile.

{47}
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby clackno1 » 12/30/2008 5:21 PM

Lu's head appeared above the water for breath but soon went back under. She slowly crawled along the sand at the bottom until she felt something brush her paw. She dug at the sand around the object until it came free and she pulled it out of the water in her mouth. She dropped the shell in her paws as she coughed up a bit of water. She shook her head to get the sand and water from her eyes before turning the shell over and looking at it. The shell was a gleaming white with streaks and swirls of silver and blue covering one side. The other side was a rough light gray color, but still shined in the light. She felt the bumps of the shell with her paw and traced the streaks of color lightly with a claw. She placed the shell in her mouth and stumbled back onto shore. She flicked water and sand from her tails before walking over to the small pile of their belongings and adding the shell to the bag with Silva's. She also placed the purple shell in with the others and the map with it. As she walked along the beach back to the water she stepped on something and quickly hopped back. The first thing she did was assess her paw for injury, and only found a shallow scrape, but no blood. She looked to see what she had stepped on and found a rock sticking out of the sand. When she pulled the rock from the sand it was a faint shade of blue and shaped like a heart. It was smooth and shining in the light from being rolled in the water. She lightly placed the rock in her mouth and placed it in the bag with the shells before diving back into the surf.

Jack the Ripper

clackno1
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext