If you're looking for a quiet retreat, this is the place. Run by devout monks, you will be welcomed with generous hospitality. You can even take the time here to achieve some spiritual enlightenment of your own, with the sounds of the rainforest as a backdrop. (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Nu'san Temple

No Regrets [P]

Postby SpringsSong » 09/16/2009 9:53 AM

Yasara padded into the temple silently, looking around curiously with her purple eyes, slowly scanning everything.  Her two "sisters", Vesitia and Arlür, had both taken their separate paths; Arlür with an Elder and Vesitia with a Nightwalker, but she was left alone.  She had not been too amused by this fact; Arlür had promised that her sisters would always come first, but now, she could rarely find Arlür without finding her with her son and daughter, Rak'del'eyt and Dar'hina.  Vesitia, however, had just plain disappeared since meeting the Nightwalker.

So, Yasara had come here.

It's clear that they don't care about me anymore, Yasara thought to herself as she walked further and further into the temple, tears falling from her purple eyes as she finally sat down within the temple, curling her tails around her paws as she lowered her head, sighing deeply.

There was once a time where I'd give anything to have them back... but now, this is not one of those times.  No.  This is one of the times where I just want to be alone...

[1.1]
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5888
Donate

Re: No Regrets [P]

Postby SpringsSong » 09/16/2009 10:34 AM

Verius, however, had come here for quite a different reason.  Instead of coming to get away from other people, he had come here to find another person, his heart aching as he closed his eyes as her voice came back to him.

Look, I never told you that we were going to last, the Autumn Kuhna had said to him, her voice hard as she said this.  After she'd said this, she stalked off, leaving the Sugarberry staring helplessly after her.  He'd called out after her, but his cries fell onto deaf ears.  The Autumn Kuhna left, her tails held high as she left.

Now, however, Verius had come here, hoping to find one of the monks to talk to about joining their numbers.  He'd given his heart to the Autumn Kuhna whose name was once so sweet on his lips, and now that she was gone... he didn't see a reason to seek another chance when he felt like the same thing would happen again.  He walked further into the temple, his claws clicking against the floor as he quickly maneuvered his way around the temple, until he spotted the Tude Kuhna.

"Excuse me," he asked.  "Would you happen to know where I could find the monks of this temple?"

[1.1]
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 09/16/2009 10:46 AM

Yasara gave a slight sigh as she heard the new voice; she did not want to talk to anyone, but she realized the voice had a legitimate question.  However, she had no answer for the owner of this voice, other than looking up at him with tear-stained eyes.  She examined him for a few minutes, her purple eyes shimmering with unshed tears before she answered him, trying to keep her voice level.

"I don't know where we could find them; sorry..." she said quietly, lowering her head for a moment as she thought.  He must be interested in becoming a monk... I wonder why? she thought to herself, and after a few moments, she cleared her throat and spoke again.  "However... I'm sure we could look for them together.  I... I'm actually interested in finding them myself."

She gave a slight sigh as she stood up, shaking a little bit of dust from her light-blue coat as she looked at him.  He was a Sugarberry Kuhna, she could tell that much, but where had he come from, and why was he here now?  And, more importantly--why was he asking her if she knew where the monks were?

[1.2]
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 09/17/2009 3:39 PM

Verius lowered his head as the femme Tide Kuhna said that she did not know where any monks could be found.  However, when she said that she was interested in finding them, Veruis perked up slightly.  He offered her a smile as he sat down, waiting for her to stand up.

"Well, then; let's go!  I'm sure that we can find them if we both look together." He said, his eyes sparkling slightly as he waited patiently for her response.  "Oh, by the way, my name is Verius."

He looked at her curiously, trying to place where he'd seen her before, for he knew that he'd seen another Tide Kuhna before, and her voice sounded vaguely familiar to him.  Who could she be...? he asked himself as he asked, "What might your name be?"

[1.2]
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 09/18/2009 9:47 AM

Yasara tilted her head as the name registered to her.  Verius... I know I've heard that name before, she thought to herself as she looked blankly at him, until she realized that he was waiting for her to tell him her name.  She blinked and shook herself from her contemplations as she said, "Oh, silly me!  My name is Yasara."

Even as she said this, she continued to carefully examine him, her purple eyes searching until, at last, they widened as her mouth formed a small "o" as she realized where she'd heard his name before.  "You... you actually live with me, back home... the Fire-Forests.  You came to live with us after... oh, I forget when it was... but I know you came to live with us..."

She tilted her head as she continued to examine him, but then, she stood up and said, "Let's not dilly-dally any longer, or we might find ourselves alone here for the night..."

[1.3]
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 09/23/2009 10:17 AM

Verius' eyes widened as he realized that Yasara was, indeed, correct.  He had heard her name before, and now, he could peg where it was that he'd heard it.  He bowed slightly as he smiled, glancing back up at her as he said, "I knew I recognized you from somewhere, Yasara; I just could not determine where it was I knew you from."

When Yasara mentioned not hanging around much longer and getting stuck alone for the night, he tilted his head curiously.  "Pardon me, Yasara," he asked, his voice slightly strained.  "But... what could possibly be out here that would be dangerous... I mean, that lives here?  Surely there are not... demons?"

He said this last part carefully, for he knew that one of his fathers was a demon.  He didn't want to accidentally stir up any trouble because of them, but if he was not careful, he knew that he would eventually say something he regretted and would summon something...

[1.3]
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate