If you're looking for a quiet retreat, this is the place. Run by devout monks, you will be welcomed with generous hospitality. You can even take the time here to achieve some spiritual enlightenment of your own, with the sounds of the rainforest as a backdrop. (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Nu'san Temple

Looking for some answers...{Private-me and Toon}

Postby kabuto_rocks » 11/01/2009 1:27 PM

Heaven knows why she came here. She was never the religious type before-it just simply hadn't been in her nature. And yet here she was, strolling along like she had been visiting temples all her life. She blamed the change. Ever since that she had been busy looking for answers, and her search had brought her here. Whether it was desperation or belief that was her reason, she wasn't going to leave without some explanation.

Of course, she couldn't very well do that on her own. Scooti disliked being on her own enormously. She had so rarely been alone before, she wasn't quite sure how to deal. She needed somebody else there, somebody to talk to or who would talk to her. Shuffling her feet, she glanced around. Great, another feeling she wasn't used to. Being lost. If she was hoping to find answers in the temple, she had to reach it first. A difficult task for someone occupying a strange body in an even stranger land

{Posts: 1/5, 1, L1}
kabuto_rocks
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 217
Donate

Re: Looking for some answers...{Private-me and Toon}

Postby Toon-Souseiseki » 11/02/2009 3:31 PM

the Temple was quiet, and a woman with a cloak shrouding her face and body, was humming a little tune for her enjoyment.  She was just walking around, looking for someone to be read again like the last two people she did back at her home.  Playing with people's minds and memories are such fun, she thought.  Her skin, so pale like a ghost, and bone tatoo's that can be seen by some.  She was just going a way for fun.

All Hollow knew was that she was not alone.  she saw someone, with the fragerance of purple and blue.  She hid aro9und the corner and decided to take a small glimps, not showing her identity yet.  Her mind was set.  Hollow wanted to glance into that purple lucain she spotted no more then a minute ago.  She shall be interesting to know, she thought and silently giggled.

{5}  {{OOC: I should let you know, Hollow doesn't like being in Quad form that much.  Most of the time it's her anthro form.  It that alright?}}
The heart wants what the Heart GRIEVES FOR
And that's the TRUTH
Though it may hurt, I give what they DESIRE
What they Desire is my own IMITATION
The reality is, my mind thinks FICTION

Musa-The Storytelling Likuta

Toon-Souseiseki
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 220
Donate

Postby kabuto_rocks » 11/03/2009 1:06 PM

{Yeah, that's okay. Do you mind if my Lucain stays in Quad? It might be a little strange, but she doesn't really have a anthro/human form you see}

Of course, what the Lucain didn't know is that she wasn't really alone. Waddling a few meters behind her was a slightly chubby, very irritated little lizard. He had been following her for what seemed like miles now, and he was beginning to regret his decision.

While he didn't know for certain, he had suspected a long time ago that this Lucain wasn't what she claimed. She did such odd things at times, it wasn't hard to think that way. He had also come to the conclusion that she shouldn't be left alone for her own safety. So, while unable to talk, he had decided it would be best to follow her and keep her out of mischief. Exactly how he planned to do that he didn't know, but he wasn't quite ready to give up on his mission yet.
~
Stumbling along, Scooti sighed. It was almost as if people were deliberately avoiding her. Perhaps the story about her licking that postbox had been spread around. Either way, she was pretty certain she was alone. Until, that was, she thought she saw something.

It was just a vague mark out the corner of her eye, but she could have sworn she saw a long, dark cloak. A second glance didn't confirm this, but she felt slightly uneasy. Perhaps it was just 300 or odd years of dangerous incidents that was giving her this paranoia. Or perhaps someone really was there...

{Posts: 2/5, 2, L1}
kabuto_rocks
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Toon-Souseiseki » 11/03/2009 3:30 PM

hollow wasn't expecting this to happened.  She was spotted by the lucain.  Shoot!  She found out...  Maybe this is the chance to talk to her.  Thinking of this, Hollow showed her full cloak and still not her face or body.  she didn't know what to then, but she decided to speak, but in a different language only she and two other people she knew back at the home she was living in.  "Sarintoriskana...  shiniko tasku..."  With the undead language, I might just make her speak so that I can look into her eyes and see what she is like back at her home, thought hollow with a small smile.  

{6}  {{OOC: that's fine withy me.  I sometimes play in quad, but most of the time, it's anthro.  and the words in red.  that Translate to:  Do not be afraid...  I want to say hello...  that language I only know.  It's the undead language Me and my Multiple Personalities know.}}
And that's the TRUTH

Toon-Souseiseki
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby kabuto_rocks » 11/05/2009 4:26 PM

The sudden appearance of another person was enough to make Scooti jump. She recoiled in surprise, her violet eyes blinking brightly. She did wish people wouldn't come jumping out from behind corners like that! It was rather startling.

The sight was made all the more unnerving by the fact that all the Lucain could see clearly was a long, dark cloak. The voice which the stranger spoke was strange, the words not a language that she actively recognized. In fact, the only thing she was sure of was that the speaker was female.

Nervously flicking her tails, she tried to decide what to do. When she had been in her previous form, she had easily been able to understand any language. This was a strange new experience for her, and not one she particularly appreciated.
I'm sorry...I don't understand She sounded a tad annoyed, but with herself rather than the stranger. This form was so useless!
~
Uh oh. The Ttee had seen the cloaked figure emerge too, and he wasn't happy about it. Why was this stranger approaching the Lucain? Hopefully it had good intentions, although it certainly looked threatening. Determined to know, Flemming sped up slightly, ignoring the fact that he was definitely short of breath

{Posts: 3/5, 3, L1}
kabuto_rocks
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Toon-Souseiseki » 11/08/2009 12:32 AM

Hollow smirked and she crept forward and was near the lucain.  She then reached out to pet, showing her hand that had chaos burns and silver bone tatoo's.  "Why are you in such a frightened manner? she asked and touched the left ear of the lucain.  "I mean no harm...  I just wanted to know what you are doin ghere that seems so important?  What are you searching?" she asked and placed the palm of her hand under the lucain chin.  She softly sanged a lullaby her owner sanged to her beofre bed time.

Hollow smiled and her sharp teeth twinkled from the tourch's light.  She opened her eyes fully and glared into the lucain eyes, without howing them.  She began reading the mind of the lucain.  To know the past of who is talking to.  

{7}
And that's the TRUTH

Toon-Souseiseki
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby kabuto_rocks » 11/11/2009 1:20 PM

So this strange being could speak her language. That made things slightly easier. Scooti had gathered that it was not a 'true' human that was under the cloak, but rather a pet of some kind. Her hand was covered in unusual but oddly pretty markings of a silver and red sort. The words did ease her fears, though she wasn't keen on being touched. She certainly hadn't expected being sung to. The song was beautiful, but had a darker undertone. Still uncertain, the Lucain drew back her head in the politest way she could.

"I am searching for answers," She replied, wondering how the stranger knew that she was searching for something. She guessed she was somewhat more predictable in this form, "And I didn't mean to offend you if I did. You do have to be kinda careful when wandering about." She smiled gently in a more friendly way. This female was the first she had met, and she was sure to be as good a companion as any. Scooti always made an effort to be nice when she could

{Posts: 4/5, 4, L1}
kabuto_rocks
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Toon-Souseiseki » 11/12/2009 3:36 PM

Hollow looked as the lucain, when she politly mover her head away from her hand.  "Answers, huh?  Well...  It seems you'll be very interesting to be known of your true self," said Hollow as she kept her eyes fixed on the lucain beautiful colored eyes.  She then smiled, "Of course...  It is very interesting about you 'licking a postbox' one time.  That seems to be odd.  Just how lonley are you with no one to talk to?" she asked with a smile.  Then she closed her eyes and lifted the hood from hiding her face.  With a beautiful face: so pale yet with red eyes, and long beautiful black hair that fell from being inside the hoodfor so long, down to the floor.  "My name is Hollow.  Tell me violet lucain, what is your name?" she asked so sweetly.

{8}{{OOC: Well.  Lookes like Hollow knows very little, but at least plenty to unlock further into this.}}
And that's the TRUTH

Toon-Souseiseki
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby kabuto_rocks » 11/18/2009 4:29 PM

But...how did this female know as much as she did? Okay, she guessed that maybe the postbox thing really had been spread around, like she feared. But would someone really be able to recognize her from a simple rumour alone? And perhaps anyone on their own would be lonely...But then again, perhaps not.

Warily, the Lucain kept her gaze fixed on the scarlet gaze of the female. When the stranger drew back her hood, Scooti studied the face with mild curiousity. She was certainly pretty-if the Lucain had been able to choose what form she was transformed into, she probably would have preferred human to Lucain. Still making the effort to be friendly, she spoke.

"I'm Scooti," A name she had chosen for herself of course. It was unusual, but hopefully not so unusual that it would draw unwanted attention, "Though perhaps you already know that? You seem to know a lot anyway." The last part was said like a light joke, her curiousity clear. Guessing she might be there a bit longer, she sat down with a small thud. Her uncertainty around food meant she was rather skinny, but not overly so

{Posts: 5/5, 5, L2}
kabuto_rocks
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Toon-Souseiseki » 11/18/2009 8:25 PM

Hollow smiled and sat on her knees with grace.  "Well...  It is a nice name.  I like it.  Scooti," she said and smiled again.  "I know alot of one's personality.  But not names.  I cna tell that you have trouble sometimes to fit into a group," she continued.  Hollow's mind was sealed and set.  

{9}
And that's the TRUTH

Toon-Souseiseki
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby kabuto_rocks » 11/26/2009 1:25 PM

{Sorry, NaNoWriMo keeping me busy}

Still acting cautious but friendly, Scooti continued the conversation. It was rather intriguing, even for one who had seen as much as she had in her lifetime.
"Don't most people at one point or another? What you say is right though. I guess I am feeling a little like a fish out of water at the moment. That's partly why I came here." Scooti didn't mind sharing information about herself really. By all rights, her previous lifestyle should have left her socially awkward. But perhaps having relied on others all her life left her with good conversational skills.
~
Finally! Huffing and puffing, the Ttee waggled up to the two figures. The fact that they hadn't moved for a while had given him the chance he needed to catch up. Flicking out his tongue, his white eyes narrowed suspiciously at the beautiful stranger. It wasn't anything personal, but the Ttee was naturally a mistrustful critter

{Posts: 1/5, 6, L2}
kabuto_rocks
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Toon-Souseiseki » 11/30/2009 4:44 PM

((what?  I don't know that site...))

"You seek answers on why your personality is so different from others, correct?  Well mind if I join along...  I wanted to find my birth mother as well.  And rumor has it that this is the last place Reala looked," said Hollow as she continued on talking to Scotti.  

{10}  {{GAH!!!  short post!!!!}}
And that's the TRUTH

Toon-Souseiseki
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby kabuto_rocks » 12/19/2009 12:48 PM

Hmm. Scooti had met creatures with great insight before, but it was still rather uncanny. She felt a pang of pity when Hollow talked about her birth mother. She herself had no parents (and never had technically, given her previous form) but she never felt the longing she knew some pets did. However, she still understood that Hollow must feel lonely, or curious at least. She felt her familiar urge to help.
"Maybe I could help you? Only if I wasn't intruding, that is." She added hastily.
~
Bah! He had been ignored! Of course, it was only natural that the tiny Ttee perhaps wasn't spotted instantaneously, but that thought never occured to Flemming. All he was concerned about was that he hadn't received recognition. Flicking out his tongue, he hissed loudly in what he hoped was a threatening way. Her attention caught, Scooti glanced downwards.

"Ah!" She blinked in surprise at the creature, "What are you doing here?" The Lucain's knowledge of Ttees was somewhat limited, but she felt almost certain they couldn't fly. Had it crawled all the way here? If so, why? The place Scooti had been staying at had several Ttees waddling around-normally she just tried to ignore them. She wasn't even sure if she could remember the name of the one in front of her. Something beginning with F perhaps?

{Posts: 2/5, 6, L2}
kabuto_rocks
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Toon-Souseiseki » 12/19/2009 4:57 PM

Hollow nodded in agreement.  "It would be nice to have some company with me," she said.  Then she saw the Ttee and stared at it for a little time.  She narrowed her eyes and smiled.  "Your name...  It's Flemming, correct, little Ttee?" she said.  She knew only a few Ttee's back with Sorrow and the others.  

{11}
And that's the TRUTH

Toon-Souseiseki
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby kabuto_rocks » 12/23/2009 7:23 AM

Ahh, of course! Hollow had managed to get the name right. But how? Clearly she had some kind of psychic ability. It was odd though-Scooti hadn't known that 'normal' pets (as in, pets not of alien origin) could have those kinds of abilities. She was learning more about this life every day.

The Ttee's suspicions were only increased. Indeed, that was the name given to him. But he was almost certain he had never met this odd creature before. So how did she know? Nodding, he tilted his head questioningly.
What are you? He seemed to be trying to say. Of course, not being able to talk made things a tad difficult.

"I guess he must've followed me. I think I recognize him anyway. Funny little things." Another hiss came from the Ttee at that point. Honestly, must she insult him so? He had come all this way for her after all

{Posts: 3/5, 8, L2}
kabuto_rocks
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Next