If you're looking for a quiet retreat, this is the place. Run by devout monks, you will be welcomed with generous hospitality. You can even take the time here to achieve some spiritual enlightenment of your own, with the sounds of the rainforest as a backdrop. (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Nu'san Temple

Loser, Loser, Double Loser... [P-Becca]

Postby Celtic » 12/02/2009 8:29 PM

....As if, whatever, do your hair duh.

The chant played in poor Aleki's mind over and over, like a song stuck in his head. That's what you get for hanging around a group of preteenage girls who love to taunt people. Being a babysitter was definately not in his future, ever again. The smaller kiddies were okay, as long as they occupied themselves and didn't whine, cry, or really move. Breathing blinking and reading was about all he really could handle. Besides, the chant was kinda catchy.... Loser, loser, double loser, as if, whatever, do your hair duuh. He had heard another version of it, but that one wasn't exactly appropriate.

Whistling random notes, the lucain padded calmly to the temple. He was smiling as always and slung on one of his tails was a picnic basket in case he decided to stay a while longer then planned. It was a beautiful day out, the sun was shining and the air was just chilly without any wind. Aleki Horune mozied his way under a tree, just to think, explore his thoughts, recent decisions, regrets, anything really. But mostly, it was to avoid thinking of his long gone past, that only held depths of sadness and tears, now he just wanted to smile.

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's
in love and flowers pick themselves

- e. e. cummings

[ Z o o P e n ][ W i s h l i s t ]
Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 199
Donate

Re: Loser, Loser, Double Loser... [P-Becca]

Postby Becca » 12/02/2009 8:43 PM

Up in the branches of the tree, the sunlight glinted off dark red fur. A female lucain lounged in the branches, the sunlight caused her coat to glimmer strangely, yet beautifully. She was obviously asleep, her breathing steady and even. Her tails hung down just over Aleki's head, but he didn't appear to notice.

Kakkazan's dreams were troubled... The male lucain that had sired three of her sons wove in and out of her sight, that sneer on his face. She chased after him, growling and screaming at him. He had been unfaithful to her. He had sired her children then left to find someone else. He couldn't be trusted. No male could be trusted. In her dream she stumbled...and fell...and so did she in the real world.

She fell with a grunt, landing on something soft. Her eyes flew open and she lept to her feet, looking around wildly, her hackles raised. What?! Where am I? As she realized that she was underneath the tree she had fallen asleep in she began to relax, then looked down at Aleki, whom she had fallen on. She stiffened at the sight of the male. Who are you?

Summon the djinni with your mystic pentacle,
he appears in guises most fanciful.
Tread with caution of his deceitful ways,
lest this be your last of days.
Give him his charge and send him on his way,
before his tricks lead you into disarray...

Bartimaeus

Becca
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 477
Donate

Postby Celtic » 12/02/2009 8:52 PM

Lost in thought, drifting away, Aleki was simply staring at the beauty of nature and its natural glittery things. Normally just girls were distracted by things that glimmered and shone in the sun, but guys could easily be distracted too. Not everything was different between the genders.

And suddenly he was being smushed by a vaguely furry red object. Aleki was jerked out of his dreamlike state by the questions. "Hurr?" He didn't really pay attention to what she had said, but rather he was trying to figure out what she was. She definately red and balck and a canine, but until she got off him, he really couldn't tell. Yet, even with all this, Aleki couldn't help but just laugh. What are the odds of being landed on by a girl in the middle of daydreaming with a conviently packed picnic basket?

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Becca » 12/02/2009 9:18 PM

Kakkazan backed a few paces away from the laughing male. Why on earth would he be laughing after she fell onto him from a tree? She watched him warily, her body tensed.Males lie.... Males can't be trusted... The thought spun around in her head. Her eyes narrowed in puzzlement.

Hurr? What kind of a name is that? Her tone was snappy and slightly nervous. He was good looking to be sure, but he was still a male.... He still couldn't be trusted.... The only males she could trust were her sons..... The only males who wouldn't break her heart....again.......

((OOC: Eh... Kinda short post... D:))

Bartimaeus

Becca
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 12/02/2009 9:34 PM

Aleki grinned even more at this. So that was what she had asked for, his name! Well, Hurr was certaintly not his name, but what could it hurt to let it go on a bit longer? Just as a joke, nothing more though. But then again... He didn't know her, and what if she couldn't take a joke? That would suck, specially since he now recognized her for a lucain, not just a simple canine.

"Naw, naw. My name is Aleki Harune. But most just call me Key or Hound. How bout yourself?" Yes, he had a bit of a southern twang, but not much of one. It just caused a bit of a lilt to his way of talking. But, his grammer was admittably horrible. It was okay though for not having any proper schooling.

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Becca » 12/02/2009 10:30 PM

Kakkazan have a hesitant little smile at his joking. Even though he was male she had to admit that she liked his accent... She herself didn't have one, and sometimes she wished that she did. But at the moment she was more concerned with this situation. She obviously had to apologize for falling onto Key and intended to, but she wasn't sure after that.

She had come here to the Temple to get away from most of her family. Her mother, brother, and three o her sons were back at home, and one of her sons was in Jawan. Poor Zata... I hope he's alright.... The son mentioned was perticularly sensitive, due to the fact that his brothers constantly made fun of him because of her gender preferences. And Ulf.... No. She shook herself. She didn't care about where he was. The cruel liar.... She tried to hold back the tears and barely managed it before replying.

My name is Kakkazan... But you can call me Kakka or Ka if you want.... She found herself staring at the floor, although she couldn't fathom why... Sure he was a stranger but normally she had no problems talking to strangers... She shook off the odd feeling and searched for something else to say... So... What brings you here...?

Bartimaeus

Becca
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 12/02/2009 10:59 PM

The olive colored lucain just simply grinned at Kakkazan. It was a truely long name, but it was definately pretty. Well, he really didn't like Ka or Kakka, they both sounded.... Generic. Perhaps another nickname. But until he gets to know her, he really couldn't give her a nickname.

Kakkazan sounded hesitant, cautious even. Which just gave Aleki another way to tease her- later that is. Better let her just go along with it right now. Well, in other words, let her get to know him and trust him. He was a likeable guy, wasn't he? He hoped so at least, afterall, thats why he got along with most people... He hoped it wasn't just cause he looked good or anything... "Alright, Kakkazan! Nice to meet you! And I'm just here to relax, maybe have a picnic.... Afterall that's what the food is for."

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Becca » 12/02/2009 11:10 PM

Kakka nodded at his answer. I was indeed a nice day for a picnic. And Kakka found herself thinking that it would be nice to join him... I suppose I suppose that it would be okay to sit here and talk to him a while... I don't have anything else to do and he seemed really nice....

That sounds quite lovely... Kakka fidgited a little, feeling a bit awkward. She knew it was rude to ask to join someone, but she guessed it was okay.... Do you mind if I join you...?

Bartimaeus

Becca
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 12/03/2009 5:57 PM

Aleki was contented to just watch her ponder over him. She was a curious little thing, very untrusting and seemingly a bit cautious towards males. But, he was sure he could change that (doesn't neccessarily mean he wanted a relationship though. He liked to get to know who he was getting to know before anything). When she finally did decide though, Hound feigned mock suprise.

"Well missy, I'd be quite dissapointe' if ya didn't! Feel free to, I pack too much food anyways." He drawled, adding a wink and a sly grin at the end before scooching his basket closer.

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Becca » 12/04/2009 12:33 PM

((Sorry about the wait, had a bit of a problem with one of our horses and couldn't get on. ^^;;))

Kakkazan blushed when Aleki winked at her. Why was he winking? Males never winked at her... She fidgited slightly then sat down on her haunches opposite the male. She sniffed at the food and then took a tentative bite.

Mmmm... This is good. Did you make it? She swallowed a few more mouthfuls and looked around. The temple was pretty much empty, she couldn't see anyone else around. The knowledge that she was sitting here with a strange and potentially untrustworthy male made her redden even further. Well too late to back out now.... Her tails flicked nervously from side to side as she awaited his reply.

Bartimaeus

Becca
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 12/04/2009 6:26 PM

The male peered at his opposite as she ate, tenatively. He grinned slightly though when she took her first bite and Aleki was nearly about to ask her what she thought before she voiced it herself. To be quite honest though, he was suprised. He was known for his horrible cooking that he even managed to make a peanut butter sandwich taste horrible.

"You gotta be kiddin me ma'am. I can't cook a' all! No disrespe't thaw, just sayin. And sides its just a sandwich... Suprised m'self I didn't mess it up." In all reality though, it had taken him a good few tries to get something like a sandwich it was supposed to be. It was... Um, some sort of meat that hadn't gone bad, lettuce, mayo and something else nhe couldn't remember. Great.

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Becca » 12/04/2009 6:53 PM

Kakka finished her sandwich then stared at the ground. She felt bad for being so distant and rude... Maybe she was being too paranoid... Aleki seemed nice enough... Why shouldn't she put a little bit of trust into him..? Her emotions fought for a while, then guilt won out.

I...I apologize if I've been rude... Its just.... She paused. She had never discussed this with anyone else other than her mother and Marisilla. Her mother had just told her to let the past go and start trusting males again, but she found this extremely difficult... Mari had just told her to give up on men and be like her, but Kakkazan wasn't like that. She decided that she might as well till him the whole truth. I...have a bit of a problem with trusting males...I had a bad experience not too terribly long ago.....

Bartimaeus

Becca
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 12/04/2009 7:05 PM

....How in the world did Kakkazan get such a feeling of guilt from his teasing? He hadn't meant anything, oh no. He was just poking fun... But... Why would she tell a secret like that to someone that was nearly a stranger? Hound's mind flooded with questions on this complex girl. Though, what she had told him explained many things he was wondering.

"Oh no ma'am. You aren't rude at all, I've jus' got tha strange southern charm I guess. I was only teasin ya miss." So far he had just a reply to the first thing she had said... Yet, nothing came to mind for her secret. Aleki never was very good wtih words. It just wasn't his thing honestly. "Um... Well, thats okay'm. I probably shouldn't be as comfortable with females, but I'm a special sort of guy. Um... Sorry, I jus can't think of anythin to say...." Aleki colored with his loss of words. It wasn't really his strong point as he had said and he couldn't help but be embarressed with his fail at comforting her.

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Becca » 12/06/2009 3:40 AM

As Aleki was saying this Kakkazan found her mouth beginning to move. She couldn't stop it. The words just started tumbling out of her mouth without any control. She didn't know why she was telling him this. She just needed to let it out.

A long time ago I met a lucain called Ulfgang in the Breeding Rooms... He lives at the same place as me and has been a great protecter of our home and a good friend to the ruler of our home. I had always admired him and when Becca sent me to meet him there I was so excited. I had fallen in love with him and I had hoped that he would love me too. But I was wrong. After I had his pups he left to travel, and didn't want to be my mate.... I've never been able to trust males since..

She flushed an even deeper shade of red. Why oh why had she done that? She was so stupid!! She could imagine his response now. He would get up and walk away leaving Kakkazan feeling lonely again.

I...I'm sorry....I didn't meant to tell you all that... It just.. Slipped out....

Bartimaeus

Becca
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 12/06/2009 1:34 PM

Hound was absolutely confounded and clueless for a moment when she started to speak. As if the letters just made words that made sentances- didn't make any sense. At all. But finally he managed to shake himself out of the trance to hear that she had some guy's pups and then he left. It was something that happened often enough, but this one... Well maybe she was different, maybe she wasn't aware when she went that the male wasn't neccessarily going to be her mate... Which was exactly why he was a bit phobiatic about meeting any female that he may possibly be thrown into a room with. It was a strange thing what happened there... But that was for another day, or another time.

"I can't say I know how you feel, since I've never been abandoned like that... But Kakkazan..." What should he say? How could he say it without making her feel like an idiot? He couldn't tell her that it happened often now of all times... Later, maybe. But not now. Now she seemed like she was on the verge of tears. "Males are... Fickle, letsay. Too many are unfeeling when it comes to pups, and leave too many female' like you'self alone 'n sad afterwards... Jus' the way things 're." He honestly had no clue what to do. Never had a female really been this open to him, specially not a stranger like Kakkazan... It was overwhelming, yet... Sweet.

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate