If you're looking for a quiet retreat, this is the place. Run by devout monks, you will be welcomed with generous hospitality. You can even take the time here to achieve some spiritual enlightenment of your own, with the sounds of the rainforest as a backdrop. (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Nu'san Temple

{ -- what kind of adventure is this? [OPEN]

Postby Adelie » 12/16/2009 4:01 PM

ImageImage

((As a note for myself: this is kiddy!Vokim.  She'd be about eight or nine and completely spoiled rotten.  Oh, and this would be human form most likely.  Maybe a bit of anthro.))

"I don't like this," she pouted, in the tones of a child who had never known any hardship in her life that could not be solved with adequate quantities of tantrums and whining in a corner.  "What kind of adventure is this?  There aren't any villains, there is no treasure, and absolutely nothing seems to be happening."  She plopped down, forgetting that they were on an open road in the vicinity of nowhere, and landed in a pile of mud.  Agast, she lifted one hand and eyed the brown gunk that stained it, liquidy mud dripping down her exposed forearm.  "And what kind of stupid weather is this?"

The taller man-boy, who looked older than her yet followed her with the reverence of a younger child to an older sibling, held out his hand and attempted to help her up.  She declined, instead choosing to stay on her uncomfortable position on the ground and complain more.  "This is just so stupid.  Why did we come here, anyways?  Whose stupid idea was this?"

He spoke up now, soft and shy like he was afraid of her: "It was your idea."

"Oh."
and if you ask how i regret that parting:
it is like the flowers falling at spring's end
confused, whirled in a tangle.

what is the use of talking, and there is no end of talking,
there is no end of things in the heart.

ezra pound, exile's letter
zoo pen | journal | wishlist
Adelie
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2255
Donate

Re: { -- what kind of adventure is this? [OPEN]

Postby Boredum » 12/19/2009 10:58 PM

"If you don't like it, why don't you just... Leave?" A small purr came from behind, and a young man around the age of seventeen strolled up. His eyes were a flirtatious pink, and a smile played on his pale skin. A mass of dark violet and green hair hid one of his ruined eyes, and the man quietly stood to his full height.

"Nobody likes... Whiners," the stranger added, suddenly interested in his sharp, feminine fingernails. The shape-shifter peered back at the female, an eyebrow raised in amusement. "Especially Killy, here," he said, leaning forwards with a mischievous grin. As he moved, the lonesome bell on his dark collar jingled rather meekly. 'Killy' kept his eyes on the fallen girl, cocking his hip slightly.

"Isn't that right, little boy..?"
Boredum
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 11
Donate

Postby Adelie » 12/19/2009 11:07 PM

((Whee hee hee, fail-post here because my muse may have just deserted me at the sight of Killy. o3o  You're such a coward, muse.))

It was...a person?  Well, that was quite a helpful description--it was, more correctly, a rather odd-looking man, especially considering that she'd never seem someone with violet and green hair, and gosh, Lambastia sure had a lot of people with expensive hair dye.  And a bell collar.  What kind of person wore a collar with a bell on it, gosh?  Summoning up her courage in a display of innocent child's bravado, she got herself out of the mud (with some undignified slipping and sliding) and demanded, hands on hips, "Who on earth do you think you are and exactly who are you, anyways?"  Her voice was harsh, accusative.  "By the way, what kind of stupid name is Killy, really?"

The man-boy (he looked like he was in his teens, really, maybe the late teens?  it was a bit hard to tell with him) nudged her quietly and whispered something into her ear, whereas she responded rather angrily, "Well, he's being mean and I have a right to be annoyed."

Adelie
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Boredum » 12/19/2009 11:18 PM

A light chuckle escaped the young man's lips, his pink eye suddenly turning to the man-boy. "Is she always this... Oh, what's the word... Vexatious?" He snapped his slender fingers together, pleased with his choice of wording.

Without waiting for a reply, Killy turned back to the lady. "My name is a combination of two things. The first is what I do best, and that is merged with what I have," he teased before jingling his depressing bell. "Killanoia," he'd add with another eyebrow raise, a grin still etched on the feminine face. He, too, placed his hands on his hips, mimicking the other.

"'He's being mean!'" Killanoia mocked in a strange, high pitched voice. "Get a life, darling," he added bluntly.
Boredum
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Adelie » 12/19/2009 11:40 PM

He admitted "yes" though he kept a careful eye on the girl, making sure that his words didn't vex her further.  Defending himself, he added, "Well, it's not really vexacious--she's just like this all the time."  He didn't sound scared of her or anything; just deferential: he thought he owed her something because she was there and she'd been there all the time for him and they were just best friends, weren't they?  Maybe he was delusional.  He'd been around long enough, scurrying about in the dark to be delusional and to have a reason for it.

"Stop being such a jerk!" she cried, annoyed.  She wasn't the kind of person who had to deal with people like this all the time, or even people in general.  "You're mean, you know that?  And you're a complete idiot to boot."  Her vocabulary of insults was limited.

Adelie
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Boredum » 12/19/2009 11:46 PM

"And you, love, are a complete and utter fool to insult someone such as I," Killanoia said before placing a hand in his back pocket. The young man felt the blade of a knife, though he knew it was unneeded for such a bothersome girl. "No matter. You aren't the first one to annoy me," he said, waving his hand in the air, dismissing her.

Killy turned towards the man-boy. "Why are you two out here, anyway?" The Draculi asked, running a hand through his purple and green hair. As he did, the strands fell away from his marred eye, showing the disgusting scars that often brought gasps. As fast as Killy moved his hair, it was placed back.

"Sorry 'bout that, loves.."
Boredum
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Adelie » 12/20/2009 1:05 AM

"Loves" was an interesting term--it contrasted so fully with his general manner of speaking and acting.  But let's just ignore semantics for a bit, though it's the only thing I can think of to write about right now, because I'm just dazed at this point in time.  Oh.  That's a bunch of non-role-play, isn't it?  Oh dear.  Storyline, what storyline?  ((Yes, I do in fact do this quite often.  You should see my NaNo novel.  I have a lot of author arguing with character in it.))

Being the little girl she was, she didn't exactly like scars.  Or other nasty things.  Or really--anything at all.  Little girls were like that--they did a lot of screaming and yelling and being complete idiots at times.  Helpfully, she was slightly less of a little girl than most little girls--she only let out a gasp.  A very loud gasp.  A slightly more than demented gasp.

Taking the opportunity to speak (after all, he was quite used to odd sights, considering that he was, after all, a Corpse Kuhna), he said, "Well, we were just exploring, I guess.  Going places."

Adelie
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Boredum » 12/20/2009 11:50 AM

Killanoia shot a dangerous glance towards the female before turning back to the man-boy. His pink eye twinkled as he took a daunting step forwards. "Exploring? Well, love, I think I might just... Tag along," he said with a smirk. "Of course... Only if you want me to come," he said, raising an eyebrow and cocking his hip to the side.

"I got nothin' better ta do anyway," the seventeen year old male said, stretching. "So, what're you guys looking for?" The cat-human would ask before leaning back on his heels.
Boredum
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Adelie » 12/20/2009 10:28 PM

((Okay, spazzy muse over with, I'm going to try and actually do slightly serious posts.  -flail-  Er.  Sorry about how terrible my posts have been so far, I'd have some sort of excuse here but I can't think of anything even partially legitimate.  Would you settle for "I'm high on sugar and cinnamon!"?))

"I'd prefer not--" the girl said, in petulant, bothered tones.  People...tagging along?  People, more correctly, that she didn't know and preferred not to know further?  Nah.  Not in her best interests.

She was, however, cut off by the man-boy-teenager (this lousy author isn't exactly great at the whole "using synonyms" part of writing), who said, "It's fine, really, you can come along."  Always courteous; he was the one who'd absorbed the manners side of her upbringing while she'd gotten the spoiled brat portion.  "I'm Twain and this is Vokim, pleased to meet you."

"Well, I'm not pleased, but, sure, whatever."  Vokim pouted.

Adelie
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Boredum » 12/22/2009 8:39 PM

Killanoia nodded his head towards the younger male, his pink eye glinting. "Twain," he said smiling before glancing back at Vokim. "Nobody asked you," he said bitterly before looking around the area. Suddenly, the Draculi rubbed his hands together.

"Alright! Let's go!" he said before striding towards a random street. The man stopped, then turned sharply on his heels. "Uh... Where did you say we were going?" He suddenly asked, rubbing the back of his neck curiously.

((Bah, small post..))
Boredum
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Adelie » 01/15/2010 3:32 PM

((Oh gosh I'm so sorry. ._.  I normally rely on the "new posts" function to figure out if someone posts in role-plays or not and it seems to have completely messed up on me.  Again, gosh I'm really sorry about how lousy I was about replying.  If this happens again and you see me in the IRC you're welcome to poke me.))

Pouty Vokim...pouted.  Honestly, she'd been doing a whole lot of that the whole day and for that matter, most of her whole life.  She was just that kind of person.  But since majority rules in most cases, she took a very unusual role for her and merely tagged along, though it was neither a willing tag-along or a quiet tag-along.  Mutters and mumbles that were generally indecipherable issued from her mouth at constant intervals.

"Uh-huh," he said.  "I'm not entirely sure myself, really--somewhere?  The whole point of exploring is supposed to not know where you're going, I think--I'm not sure."

Adelie
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Boredum » 02/09/2010 12:32 PM

Killanoia stared at them before sighing and tossing his violet and emerald hair. His marred eye was shown once more before the cat-human looked back. "I suppose you're correct. Let's walk, aye?" he smirked. "Off to Never Neverland," he purred, watching the other two behind him. Finally, the man snapped his fingers and looked over at the sky.
"What are ya'll lookin' for here anyway?"
Boredum
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Adelie » 02/09/2010 4:35 PM

((Yay posts. :D  Sorry about how lousy this one will turn out to be--brain is deep-fried.  Math test in the morning does not make for happy muse.  I even spelled fried wrong the first two three times.))

Never Neverland?  Vokim vaguely considered the possibility that her new traveling companion was positively insane and then realized that her life was probably insane enough as is.  Her best friend happened to be a zombie-ish thing of some sort, so--she wasn't one to judge.  In the meantime she continued to pout and complain and do all of that other Vokim-like stuff that she seemed to be doing a lot of today.

"Why should I tell you?" she complained, with possible good reason but mostly because she was simply in a very bad temper.  "But in case you were wondering it's--nah, I won't tell you."  Because I don't know either was the unspoken portion.

Adelie
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Boredum » 02/10/2010 12:00 PM

((Sorry I hadn't posted in a long time. I was in the hospital for three weeks and I also stopped coming on for personal reasons. xD Sorry. <3))

The young feline male turned abruptly and stared at the girl. His one eyed gaze was harsh, insane. "I suggest you stop complaining, or I will rip your tongue out," he snapped. Suddenly, Killy leaned forwards. "Do ya want my help or not? I know this place better than you, little girl. Don't piss the kitty off," he snapped, standing back upright and walking forwards a few more steps. Stupid females...

The Draculi finally stopped, waiting for the other two to catch up. He was irritated beyond belief; you wouldn't think that this guy would be so annoyed with her, right? ... Yes, that was failed sarcasm.
Boredum
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Adelie » 02/16/2010 3:55 PM

((It's okay. <333  It's my fault this role-play completely died in the first place and it's not like I can blame you for real life and hospital issues.  Hope you're okay?  D:  I also apologize for cruddy post that may/may not make sense--debate kills my muse (probably because it's logical and stuff) and so this weekend was practically muse genocide.))

"Okaaay--" she said.  More correctly, she sort of mumbled the word, since being intimidated usually results in such a result (redundancy whut?).  It was not an agreement, though.  The way she said it it had a faint little complaining quality to it, though to be honest that was practically a requirement to everything she said.  Arguably you could say something about how it was sarcasm--or something.  Whatever.  It's just overanalysis of one word--let's just say that she was being herself.

But of course she did not respond very well to threats or insanity and especially not a combination of the two.  "No, I don't want your help," she told him sourly.  "But you're here so whatever."  She gave her friend a tug and asked, "Can you tell him to go away, please?"  Which was answered with no.  And also that it wouldn't be nice.

Like that was something she was going to respect.

Adelie
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items