If you're looking for a quiet retreat, this is the place. Run by devout monks, you will be welcomed with generous hospitality. You can even take the time here to achieve some spiritual enlightenment of your own, with the sounds of the rainforest as a backdrop. (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Nu'san Temple

Re: A Moment of Reflection [Open]

Postby MillietheWarrior » 03/14/2010 1:53 PM

Ride smirked; this was probably one of the first women who hadn’t either swooned at his charms, or been ruffled by his rude character. She was intriguing, that was for sure. And of course, he continued to notice that she wasn’t bad to look at. A pretty face always got Ride’s attention, but when that pretty face was an equally interesting person (Male or female, didn’t matter to him) then that just made it all the more fun. Ride looked her up and down, making no effort to hide his blatant ‘check out; of the woman in front of him. He put a finger to his chin, looking somewhat critical, as if his assessment of her was ‘so-so.’

“I can honestly say that it doesn’t keep enough of you in. Look at all those gaps. Not that I’m complaining,” he said with a wiggle of one eyebrow. He watched passively (Though mentally he was freaking out and chanting: 'Don’t touch me, don’t touch me, don’t touch me’) as the tendrils of silver grabbed at him. He took a small step back. “Believe me lady, I’m used to not underestimating my enemies. But I don’t think you and I have to be enemies. We can be friends.” He grinned brightly; it was clear that ‘friends’ had a most definite alternative meaning.

------

Mel smiled brightly up at Tal. She was honestly glad she had him as a friend; there were very few other people back at the base that ever wanted to talk to her. They all thought she was just an annoying chatterbox; Tal, however, seemed immune to that. He seemed infinitely patient when it came to her, and Mel could prattle on about nothing in particular while he worked on one of his maps or cleaned his weapons, and he never even batted an eye in anger. Mel honestly decided that she’d probably have gone crazy from boredom and loneliness if it hadn’t been for him. “It’s still a good surprise,” she said, patting his arm gently.

She seemed to have forgotten her momentary panic attack, if only for the time being, and skipped away from the wall, hands clasped behind her back. “Sure! It sounds like a good way to get him back for earlier too,” she said with an impish grin. Of course, Tal didn’t know about that, but maybe he wouldn’t ask about it. “That…Woman in there,” she said, pausing mid-skip to turn and frown at Tal. “I dunno…Maybe we shouldn’t leave him alone. She’s…strange. There’s something…wrong with her. Like not…bad, I don’t think but…Scary wrong…”

[6/6]

Last bumped by MillietheWarrior on 03/14/2010 1:53 PM.

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Previous