If you're looking for a quiet retreat, this is the place. Run by devout monks, you will be welcomed with generous hospitality. You can even take the time here to achieve some spiritual enlightenment of your own, with the sounds of the rainforest as a backdrop. (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Nu'san Temple

Re: Mystery Of The Past {Private;Freezair&I}

Postby Freezair » 07/12/2011 9:13 PM

The scorpions did not seem to mind the illusion. They knew, somehow, that it was not real--the illusion was too sophisticated to fool their more primal senses. Thankful for his thick-soled boots, Tristan crushed a few beneath his heels. But the archanids clambered up his legs to his knees, and he shook like a crazed dog to get them away.

"Make the wall! Make the wall so we have time to plan, anyway!" Tristan barked.

[50]

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

Postby Slynne » 08/06/2011 5:57 PM

When the 'Create Illusion' did not work, Xena automaticly used 'Freezing Touch' creating a wall from the top to bottom. Working successfully, thats when a conversation broke. "What should we do now?" Claudia said defeated. "Like seriously, I know not much about these things. I wonder if there is a smell that they hate."

{C54.X32}

"I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, As long as I'm living, my baby you'll be." ~ Robert Munch

Pen|Ownership List|Wishlist

Warning: I am a new Mom, often thing's get hectic for me. So I am sorry for any late replies.
Slynne
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 98
Donate

Postby Freezair » 08/08/2011 8:26 PM

Tristan fell back on his behind as the wall sprung up into being. He hefted himself to his feet, slammed them on the ground to smash a few tenuous leftovers, and paused to catch his breath. The room was starting to smell quite interesting, like sweat and crushed scorpion--all the more appropriate, then, when the topic of smells came up.

"Smells? Hmm... Well, I know that some of the people of this area used to use a certain kind of leaf to ward off mosquitos. But I don't know if it works on scorpions! But we'd have to go back a little ways; if there's any growing in this temple, they'd be near where we came in, and close to the light. Would you mind if we went back to check?"

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Slynne » 09/14/2011 1:30 PM

"Oh okay, sure, no we don't mind." Claudia replied. They had to get the leaves, even if it were to turn out unsuccessful. It was worth a shot, to see if it would work or not. "What do the leaves look like?" Claudia questioned. While walking back asking some questions. "Would we have to make it into a liqud? Or is the smell strong enough by itself?"

{C54.X32}

"I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, As long as I'm living, my baby you'll be." ~ Robert Munch

Pen|Ownership List|Wishlist

Warning: I am a new Mom, often thing's get hectic for me. So I am sorry for any late replies.
Slynne
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 09/14/2011 3:29 PM

"You mash them up into a paste," Tristan said as they beat their retreat. "As for the appearance, they grow on vines and sort of look like jagged spears-heads. Have you ever seen a wild mint plant?" Tristan looked at her. "From what I understand, this plant is something of a distant relative to mint. Their leaves look very similar. And, luckily for us, there's no bad or poisonous plants living around here that momic them."

They were back in the room they'd started out in. "Now, let's look around."

[52]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Slynne » 10/24/2011 6:48 PM

"I think I get the general idea of what it might look like. If I see anything like it I will definitely call you over or even if I think it might be." Claudia replied, starting to look around for the leaves. Definitely not succeeding in the matter, which frusterated her so many ways. Having a general idea of what it might look like didn't seem to help a lot. So she looked for any sign of a plant instead. "Theres another room over there, I'm going to go check it out and see if I can find anything." Claudia cautioned. As she entered the new discovered room, she found it a lot smaller then the one she just came from. The room was very dark, Claudia grabbed her lighter and flicked it looking around slowly. "Uhhh, you guys might want to come see this and might want to bring a light of some sort." It looked like a room full of plants all together, kinda like a green house.

{C55.X32}
Slynne
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 10/24/2011 7:00 PM

Tristan followed her quickly. Since scorpions were no longer an issue, and he didn't need fire to defend himself, he got out a regular hand-crank flashlight. He turned the handle a few times to charge it and then looked around the room. His jaw practically hit the floor.

"My goodness! Look at this room! It's stifling in here. Why, it must be some kind of hot-house!" He nosed his way past her and pushed his face into the different plants. "Look at them all! Why, do you know, I--"

Tristan stopped. He held his breath briefly. If he had focused his eyes, he would have noticed he was standing right in front of the scorpion-repelling plant, but he was clearly looking at something in mind alone.

"You know, I'm beginning to get a crazy theory, and I wonder if it's correct..."

[53]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Slynne » 10/24/2011 7:06 PM

"What crazy theory professor? This place is beautiful. And you might want to back away from that plant, it looks posionous or something." Claudia said sharply. Hoping not coming to harsh, she was only trying to look out for Tristan. He probably knew his plants, but she didn't and felt the need to warn him incase he didn't realise a plant like that was infront of him. "It smells beautiful, I have got to say, I have never seen anything like this..." Claudia trailed off weakly.

{C56.X32}
Slynne
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 10/25/2011 2:05 PM

"Hmm? Oh, this plant? This is..." Tristan squinted, then jumped back with a laugh. "This is the very plant we need to repel the scorpions! But I'm beginning to suspect..." Tristan's eyes twinkled.

"I wonder if The Plant is growing here. The Plant we're looking for!" He swept his arms around the room, indicating it grandly. "In all of my research, I only found reference to a book full of information. But I'm wondering if there was a mistranslation. Maybe their word for 'book"' and their word for 'hothouse' were similar--even identical! It's possible the very plant AND the knowledge we seek are here!"

He scratched his stubbly chin in thought. "But I still don't know what the plant looks like. There's a lot of vegetation in here. Let's search thoroughly, just in case there's a guide of some kind here. If you see any symbols or anything, just call me over." With that, he bent over into the floor's mossy covering and began to examine the stones. "And be gentle with the moss! It's alive too, you know!"

[54]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Slynne » 01/03/2012 1:57 AM

Claudia found something that looked similar to Tristans discription of the plant he was looking for, but wasnèt sure if it was. "Uh Tristan," Claudia spoke out in a questioning tone. "I don't know, but this looks similar to the plant you're looking for.." Claudia finished, hoping that she had found it.

{C57}
Slynne
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 01/03/2012 3:24 AM

"We don't know what that plant looks like," Tristan said, with a shake of his head. "But you know... you may be on to something!" Very carefully, Tristan began to dig in the exposed earth around the plant. He reached into his backpack and brought out a small pot. He dug around the ball of roots of the plant, and carefully transported it, native soil and all, into the pot.

"I don't think we need to search any longer," he said. "But I won't let my career ride on just one sample!" He looked to Claudia cheerfully. "We're going to get as many different samples of these as we can!" He offered her a spade, and several small pots as well. "As many different plants, too! And of course I'll take pictures of this place, and map the route!" Tristan began to bubble over with enthusiasm as he ran around the room. "We don't need the book, I think! We just need to preserve this room! I think we've found something really special here!"

And it was clear, at last, that Tristan really did believe he had.

[55]

((We can end it there. I think that's a good stopping place. :D))

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous