If you're looking for a quiet retreat, this is the place. Run by devout monks, you will be welcomed with generous hospitality. You can even take the time here to achieve some spiritual enlightenment of your own, with the sounds of the rainforest as a backdrop. (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Nu'san Temple

Re: Mystery Of The Past {Private;Freezair&I}

Postby Slynne » 05/01/2011 10:33 PM

It didn't seem like Tristan knew that it was Claudia herself behind him. It didn't really bother her, but she knew she had to speak out. "Xena! Press the button now!" Claudia yelled up to Xena, hoping she heard her. Xena heard Claudia yell to her, and pressed the button. Then it seemed like the ground was moving very slightly, but very noticable. "Tristan, did you feel that?" Claudia asked, waiting for Tristans reply.
{C46.X29}

"I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, As long as I'm living, my baby you'll be." ~ Robert Munch

Pen|Ownership List|Wishlist

Warning: I am a new Mom, often thing's get hectic for me. So I am sorry for any late replies.
Slynne
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 98
Donate

Postby Freezair » 05/01/2011 11:59 PM

Tristan jumped up so far that he let go of the button. "Gah! Don't sneak up on me like that!" The ground had moved, true, but it seemed to have stopped. Probably because he let go. Tristan looked up at what he thought was the door, and gaped. The very top had opened! Just a hair, but it had very clearly shifted.

"I think we both need to hold this," he shouted up. "Alright--Xera, then! On a SECOND count of three, we press and hold! One... two... THREE!"

[43]

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

Postby Slynne » 05/02/2011 12:47 AM

"Oh, I'm sorry Professor, but I was with you the whole time...You just didn't hear me." Exclaimed Claudia. "Alright," Clauda about to hold down on the switch. Tristan then called out three, and Clauda and Xena both pressed down. Clauda helping Tristan and Xena at the top of the stairs. Then the ground was once again shaking, but this time alittle more agressively.
{C47.X29}

"I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, As long as I'm living, my baby you'll be." ~ Robert Munch

Warning: I am a new Mom, often thing's get hectic for me. So I am sorry for any late replies.
Slynne
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 05/02/2011 3:17 AM

The ground rumbled fiercely, and Tristan whooped with excitement as he looked up the temple. The door was sliding open! He held the button down until it was completely down, then released. Hopefully, the ancients had not been so devious as to make it go back up! But the door seemed to stay down, and presumably the mechanism to raise it was inside. He wasn't actually keen on finding that one. If he close it, he might not figure out how to get it open again.

"Alright!" He waved to Claudia behind him, and ascended again. He quickly pulled a lantern from his pack, and turned it on. The inside of the temple was dank and mossy, and he already smelled the years of decay seaping out from inside. It smelled dusty and enticing.

"Shall we into the breach?"

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Slynne » 05/02/2011 2:19 PM

Claudia thought for a moment about what would be best to do next. Then decided to continue what they've been doing all along. "Yep," Claudia answered Tristan, excitedly. Then Claudia walked up to Xena. "You stay behind him and I'll stay infront. Just incase anything should happen, alright?" She whispered to Xena. Then waited infront for Tristan.
{C48.X29}

Slynne
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 05/02/2011 3:57 PM

"Very well. In a line we go!"

Tristan walked inside the old temple. The capstone room was dingy and dusty; moss covered the walls, and a few plants sprung up where light came in through the ceiling cracks. Strange old drawings covered the walls, showing stylized pets and people. An old altar sat in the center of the room, and there were wooden sconces for holding torches. A rotted old torch still hung in one. Luckily, he had a lantern.

The door down was not obvious, unless your name happened to be Tristan. "I think we need to push this altar out of the way to get down," he said. "But it's made of stone. Are you ready to shove?"

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Slynne » 05/03/2011 7:49 PM

Claudia led Tristan and Xena through the temple, she too had noticed the beautiful looking drawings aswell. She looked towards where Tristan saw the alter, and heard his idea about the particular item. "Well, we gotta do what we gotta do." She answered with a sigh, putting their bags down so she could use both hands. "Alright, lets do this." She finally responded, while getting ready beside Xena and Tristan to push the Alter. When it finally started to move away from a new opening. It looked as if there stairs leading down underground, Claudia picked her bags back up and started to continue to lead Xena and Tristan further down. "Wow,"  Xena commented. It looked very dark, dark like a pit. "I think we will need to get a few more torches, not only for seeing but I don't think we want to get cobwebs on us, huh?" Claudia asked, waiting for their reply.
{C49.X30}
Sorry, I thought I might actully start putting in my ideas too, if thats okay? ^_^

Slynne
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 05/03/2011 9:06 PM

((Give all the ideas you want. I can't come up with everything on my own; it's too taxing.  :oops:))

"You've got a point," Tristan said, lowering his lantern down into the gloom. "But I only brought so many flashlights. We should probably light the walls somehow, but I'm not sure what to do. Making a torch is more than a matter of just setting fire to a stick, after all. You need something that burns brightly, like pitch or lard. Do you have either of those?"

Tristan set down his own pack and started ruffling through that. "I have some leftover cooking oil, I think,  but not much... What about you two?"

[46]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Slynne » 05/27/2011 10:55 PM

"I don't really know what I have that could help make a torch or something, I have lots of stuff in my bag but don't know whats those things are. You may check our bags if you wish. " Claudia gave her bags to Tristan. "I'm glad I had the bag packed for me by a professional. Seriously, I know a little bit, but you would know more professor." Claudia said. "I'm truely sorry." She apologized.

{C50.X30}
Okay thank you, do you mind if I pull Xena out? I really don't think she fits well into the story, nor do I like her personality. Sorry about this.

Slynne
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 05/28/2011 2:12 AM

((Go ahead.))

Tristan skimmed through the sack, checking every pocket, but came up empty-handed. "Looks like cooking oil will have to do," he sighed. "We're also going to need a way to get the torch in there in front of us. Hmm... Maybe if we use one of these long branches on the floor..." He reached down and pulled up a sturdy, woody twig. He glanced around at some of the vines and roots that had dug into the stones and coated the walls.

"Idea! Maybe we can use the vines to build a holder for the torch, and carry it on the stick in front of us! ...Or... does that sound too silly?"

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Slynne » 06/09/2011 12:08 AM

"I think using the vine vine would be a good idea, and lets use this long piece of metal wire, to hold the vine and the branches together." Claudia suggested as well. Handing the metal wire to Tristan, wondering if it was a good idea or not. But then she herself knew that an idea was better then nothing being thought of in the first place. Then took some more branches, vine, and metal and making another one.  "I don't know, but if I do say so myself this idea seems to be working Professor?" Claudia asked with a relieved smile.

{C51.X30}
((Not pulling Xena out just yet.))

Slynne
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 06/09/2011 5:34 PM

"Metal wire! Thank you very much," he beamed. "You seem to be very prepared. Commendable." Tristan threw together the items into a makeshift extended torch. He brushed his mustache with curiosity.

With a piece of flint, he set a spark on the end of the extentable torch, and held it out warily. A few torches lighted in front of him as he waved it around. He carried it in front of him warily, and took a few steps forward.

Immediately, there was a stone-grinding crunch, and Tristan nearly tripped. He balanced himself with the torch. But amidst the crackling of the flames, there came the sound of a vast number of tiny, exoskeletoned feet, sliding across the stone, and claws clicking...

"My word--do you hear that? ...That doesn't sound good..."

[48]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Slynne » 06/29/2011 2:43 PM

"Thank you, I try to make sure I have most needed items." Claudia replied. A few minutes later hearing the same thing Tristan did. "Yes, I did. I agree, it doesn't sound so nice.." Claudia replied. "What if the tribe still lives here?" she added. "Well, of course thats why I came, but it would be unfair to harm them on their own territory. Us Ningas got told that in our studys. Unless they are wanted..." Claudia explained.

{C52.X30}

Slynne
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 06/29/2011 9:50 PM

"The tribe? Here? Not possible," Tristan said. "Barely possible, anyways. Unless..."

But Tristan never got to explain what "unless" made it possible. The sound, as it happened, was not a member of the tribe. It was neither human nor pet. It was animal--very, very many animals. For, from along the passageway, a veritable sea of scorpions advanced. They clambered over one another's backs, slick and dark, moving like a wave. Tristan shouted and waved his torch, but the bugs pressed towards them.

"Ahhh! Any ideas would be appreciated!"

[49]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Slynne » 07/11/2011 11:58 PM

Claudia looked in the direction where the noise was coming from, instinctively she used Create Illusion as this was one of the best tecniques she thought she could use quickly. Hoping that they would think they would walk into another wall, and head back the other way. "Xena if this doesn't work, mind using freezing touch to make a wall?" Claudia was pretty sure that if they needed to they could use fire to melt the ice to go through that way again. Xena nodded a reasuring look.

{C53.X31}

Slynne
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext