If you're looking for a quiet retreat, this is the place. Run by devout monks, you will be welcomed with generous hospitality. You can even take the time here to achieve some spiritual enlightenment of your own, with the sounds of the rainforest as a backdrop. (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Nu'san Temple

Re: Mystery Of The Past {Private;Freezair&I}

Postby Freezair » 02/01/2011 3:58 PM

"Excellent," Tristan said. He scanned the canopy. The rains had been lush, and these vines were thick. Perfect. "I know ninjas are good at climbing--or at least, so I've heard--so get ready," Tristan confirmed. He pulled himself up on a big vine and clung tight. "We need to walk across these vines--or crawl across them, or climb across them, however--to get across to the temple--the same way the ancient people did." He began inching across one of the big, thick creepers, slinking along the underbelly of the vast canopy as he moved toward the center.

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

Postby Slynne » 02/10/2011 2:33 PM

"Oh, I'm not climbing Professor, I'm swinging my way there. Why not have some fun getting there." Claudia said with a smile as if she was planning something. "Now that Miss Claudia, sounds fun I think I may do that aswell." Xena stated, seeing this was the first that she have ever really seen her Mentor happy. There were of course other times but this seemed like an adventure that would be not only dangerous but thrilling Xena thought.

{C39.X24}
Slynne
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 98
Donate

Postby Freezair » 02/10/2011 5:18 PM

"Swing?"

One thing Tristan often forgot on his adventures: Never open your mouth just to tempt fate. His weight on the vine suddenly made it shift, and it snapped with a whiplike crack. Suddenly, he was swinging wild across the canopy.

"Yaaaaarreaaagaaaagh!" It wasn't quite Tarzan, but it did startle several birds. Adrenaline kicked Tristan forward and he leapt to another low vine, though that one cracked and sent him swinging too. He moved like an acrobat to one final vine, and hugged the tree branches dearly while he waited for the others to cross to where he was.

[37]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Slynne » 02/11/2011 2:10 AM

"Yes, swing." Claudia said, grabbing one then another as if professional at it. "Hehe, this is fun!" Xena said, arriving where Tristan was at the same time as Claudia. "Sorry, Professor its just that, this is probably the only time we'll be able to have a little fun, untill we have to take things seriously." Claudia said will a some admiration. The mission was actully very fun and an amazing journey. Claudia and Xena really started to respect Tristan aswell.

{C40.X25}
Slynne
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 02/12/2011 8:05 PM

Tristan waited for them woozily, and then gently--gently as he could manage--crept across one last vine, to scoot himself to the base of the zigguraut. He waited for the others while wiping his brow.

"Oh, there will be plenty of fun ahead," he said brightly. "Well, if your sense of fun is anything like mine, that is! Ancient passages, hidden codexes, decoding old languages... and defusing plenty more traps, I daresay! It should be exciting, if naught else!"

[38]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Slynne » 03/03/2011 1:24 PM

"Oh I didn't mean that there wouldn't be any more fun, I just ment that we would have to be more serious considering that they may be guards around and stuff." Claudia explained. Xena and Claudia both swong to Tristan, then got off the very last vine. "Well we better get going." Claudia asked. "How much time do we have to complete this mission Tristan?" Xena asked curiously.

{C41.X26}

"I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, As long as I'm living, my baby you'll be." ~ Robert Munch

Pen|Ownership List|Wishlist

Warning: I am a new Mom, often thing's get hectic for me. So I am sorry for any late replies.
Slynne
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 03/03/2011 6:03 PM

"Why? You don't have somewhere you need to be, do you? We could be here days and days!" He craned his neck up the steps of the zigguraut. "We may even sleep inside this ancient temple. No limits you need to worry about; not now. Unless you are deeply concerned about missing some TV show?" He grinned cheerfully.

"If you've worries, make them known to me as we climb!" He put his foot on the first step and began hauling himself up. The old steps looked crumbly with age, but held him as firmly as they'd ever held anything. "The entrance will be up there, I'm certain!"

[39]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Slynne » 03/05/2011 4:17 PM

"Sir, I believe you misunderstood me. I ment, do we have a time limit to get this mission done? Thats all, I assure you." Xena explained. "I don't think there is a time limit Xena, after all this is the Professors mission. Which is nice because then we won't have to rush anything." Claudia answered Xena. "Oh! Well that is good indeed. By the way, I don't even own a TV, therefore how could I have a favorite show."

{C42.X27}

"I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, As long as I'm living, my baby you'll be." ~ Robert Munch

Warning: I am a new Mom, often thing's get hectic for me. So I am sorry for any late replies.
Slynne
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 03/05/2011 7:51 PM

"Oh! Well, I wouldn't worry about that, either," Tristan said. "The University has been very generous." But his breath became thin as he hauled himself up the steps. He was hearty, but he stopped speaking to conserve his breath. The steps went higher and higher, and the wind whistled around the white stone and the green vines creeping up it.

Tristan reached the plateau at the top. High columns held aloft a tall roof. But as Tristan began to encircle the small gazebo, his face twisted.

"Now... hold on," he said. He paused to take off his pack. He rifled through a well-worn, leather-bound notebook. "Now... I thought for sure the entrance was up here! But I don't see a thing... Do you girls see a crack anywhere? Anything that might help us get in?"

[40]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Slynne » 04/16/2011 11:07 PM

Clauda looked around franticly for a clue, trying to find some sort of way to get through the entrance. "Hmm, theres got to be secret a way to open the entrance. It would make sense, due to how many traps and stuff like that before we can actully get here." Claudia said assured. "I'll go look around." Xena said, starting to walk away. "Okay, but don't go to far, we don't know if there are any traps around it. There probably aren't but its good to be safe you know." Claudia explained.
{C43.X28}
Sorry, just finally got the chance to come on the landsofevelon... xD I'm so happy to come back and continue this roleplay with you.:)
Slynne
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 04/17/2011 2:52 AM

((It's all good.))

"That would make sense," Tristan nodded. "Perhaps there is even a secret entryway itself. But she's right, you know. Do be careful."

He turned to Claudia. "In the meantime, while she roots around down there, let's look up here. Keep an eye out for any suspicious statuary or panels--they may hide mechanical levers or switches. These ancient peoples were surprisingly mechanically advanced, and their traps have stood the test of time. They don't make them like they used to, indeed..."

[40]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Slynne » 04/17/2011 9:17 PM

By the time Tristan trailed of with his words, Claudia had found a covered up lever, covered with sticks tide together along with big enough leafs. Claudia pulled the lever, then backed up waiting for something to happen. "Interesting," Claudia whispered to herself, looking confused. "Maybe we should wait a few minutes?" Xena hearing a noise walked back to the others. Looking at Tristan and Claudia in confusion.
{C44.X29}
Slynne
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 04/18/2011 9:25 PM

"Hmmm," Tristan said. "I definitely heard something move, but there's still no entrance." He pondered, scratching his chin. He muttered possibilities out loud. "Maybe that switch was a decoy. Or maybe it opens up another switch that you have to find... But that seems like a lot of trouble. Or..." Suddenly he smiled. "Or the simplest but most effective security in the world! At least at the time."

He looked at the two girls. "Remember that switch's location. I'll bet you dollars to donuts there's a second one around here, and you have to trip both at the same time to get in! Let's start looking!"

[41]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Slynne » 05/01/2011 3:20 PM

"Okay, Xena you stay here. I'll go look around with Tristan for another switch or something." Claudia responded, happy that she found something and wasn't the only one who thought they heard something. It was about time the puzzel pieces were being fit together. Xena listened to Claudia's commands and stayed where the one switch was. Claudia thought it would be best for one of them to be with Tristan instead of risking a intruder trying to pull an easy one, while he could be defenseless. Not that Tristan wasn't capable of defending himself, but just incase he needed back up.

{C45.X29}

Slynne
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 05/01/2011 6:21 PM

Tristan himself started scanning the sides of the pyramid. Did he want to go back down? The walk up was tiring. Ah, but there was still a chance the switch might be down there. He decided to risk it. It might even be along the steps! He walked with his hands over the sides of the steps. There were circular designs there... Perfect for hiding buttons in.

None of them pressed in. But, near the bottom of the steps, he found a face on a carved figure that pressed in. He heard a low, deep rumbling, which definitely sounded like a mechanism. And now that he squinted, that part of the wall up top definitely looked like a sliding door...

"Claudia! On the count of three!" Tristan shouted. "We both press our buttons! One... two... THREE!"

[42]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext