If you're looking for a quiet retreat, this is the place. Run by devout monks, you will be welcomed with generous hospitality. You can even take the time here to achieve some spiritual enlightenment of your own, with the sounds of the rainforest as a backdrop. (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Nu'san Temple

Re: Mystery Of The Past {Private;Freezair&I}

Postby Freezair » 10/17/2010 3:07 AM

"I suppose that's reasonable," Tristan said. "There's an abundance of fruit in this jungle, as well as protein-rich grasshoppers and locusts. Don't pull any faces," he said preemptively, "they're quite agreeable if roasted. Attempt to consume any fungi at your own peril. As for hunting, I recomend you don't, for the same reason our poacher friends here are going to get hauled off. Too many protected species. However, there are some species of junglefowl that live in the area--you may want to hunt them, provided you're not close friends with any Roosken. They're distant relatives, after all."

Tristan adjusted his hat. "Alright. If you'll collect yourselves--onward! To the temple!"

[22]

((Disclaimer: I have never actually eaten roasted grasshopper before. Although I have seen people do so. Do not try this at home.))

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

Postby Slynne » 10/17/2010 3:26 AM

"Oh yes, of course, we should get moving. Just let me get the bags hanging from the tree first."I said. Then while I was about to use my ability Telekinesis. I saw the look in Xena's eyes, and let her have her excitement. I didn't understand why she wasn't tired after all the energy she had to use. I nodded my head for her to go get them.

I walked to the tree the bags were at and used Spider Climb , a tecnique I recently just learned. It felt good, knowing how to climb any surfice I wanted.

{C24.X9}
Slynne
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 98
Donate

Postby Freezair » 10/17/2010 11:40 PM

"Most excellent, then," he nodded. He took one last minute to scramle up into a tree, right next to Xena's. He affixed a neon-colored flag to the very top, to let the jungle's police service know that the captured men were there. He swung down in a monkey-like leap. "Now... Forward! Ho!"

Tristan lead them around and through the trees, past vines, and down steep hills. The sound outside fluctuated--sometimes, the jungle wildlife was loud and booming, but other times, it went soft.

A sharp, geometric gray object jutted suddenly from the scenery. Tristan's bobbing pace slowed to a hault.

"If I'm not mistaken..." he breathed, "That looks like the remains of an old wall. I think we've found the temple, ladies."

[23]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Slynne » 10/18/2010 11:16 PM

I looked at the wall. Were we really there already? Although it did take us some time, I mean that was quicker then any other missions I've had. I was actully excited though, because if you ask me. This was a pretty neat mission. Although it didn't mean, it wasn't dangerous."If it is , what excatly, are we sapost to do. If you wouldn't mind explaining again. I am listening, but it was a decently long journey."I said, hoping he'd understand.

"Do you think we should rest a little first and eat? Before we continue?" I asked after Claudia, curious, thinking that the idea did seem good at the time. We were tired, thirsty and probably hungry.

{C25.X10}
Slynne
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 10/19/2010 2:30 PM

"What we're supposed to do? You make it sound much more cut and dry than it is. There is proceedure, my dear, but it is nowhere near so banal. If you need a moment to rest and recuperate, do take it, but I'd prefer not to wait!"

Tristan took a swig of water from his canteen and gazed on past the wall. The vines concealed it, but he knew the zigguraut was there, deep within the cloak of foliage. "We have come to the very edge of the modern map of this area--right where we need to be. Deep within this encroaching jungle lies the ruins of the ancient city, and within the heart of that, the zigguraut that houses the codex. We must navigate the remains of the city, find the zigguraut, and plumb its depths for treasure!"

[24]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Slynne » 10/19/2010 11:09 PM

"No, no, I didn't mean to make it sound that way. Not at all" I said, while adding. "This is actully the most exciting mission I've ever been hired for. Seriously." I said, truthfully. Well, obviously because thats the way I felt. I looked at the wall amazied, while I went to sit on a rock near by. I gave myself a few minutes to rest. Then jumped up. "Well, We better get moving. We don't want to be all day or night, do we?" I said, while I looked at Tristan for a sign of directions.

We got to rest a little, untill Claudia got up. Pretty much telling us, we needed to get a move on. I wasn't really that tired, however I wondered what was going to occur next.

{C26.X11}
Slynne
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 10/20/2010 1:28 PM

Tristan lead them around the tumbled down old wall. His footsteps were notably lighter and more delicate. Overhead, there was little sound aside from the rustling of leaves.

"Be especially cautious around here," he forewarned. "The ancients were extremely protective of their home. They built many traps to protect the perimeter of their city; that's why this area has gone so unexplored. And they were superior engineers; most of those traps still work to this day..."

[25]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Slynne » 10/20/2010 11:28 PM

I looked at Tristan amazed. These people must have been very protective over their land. Then again why wouldn't they be? It was truley a beautiful area. I then looked at Tristan, and asked.. "So how should we do this?" Although I already had an idea of how.

I looked at Claudia, she was in a deep thought it seemed. Then I too waited for Tristans answer aswell. After all he knew about the history around here and the people who once lived here.

{C27.X12}
*Edit: I went to copy and paste and ending up saving it without the post there, had to redue the post.  :oops:
Slynne
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 10/21/2010 6:00 PM

"Step lightly," Tristan warned. "Some of them were simple pitfalls. If you fall into one of those, well, we've brought plenty of rope. I believe you're both of the ninja-ing persuasion, so I hope you've learned how to land safely?" He chuckled a little. "But there are rigged poison dart shooters in the area, too. Hmmm... If only we had some way to send a dummy in front of us to check for triggers!"

He turned around to look at them. "Hmm! Do either of you have any ideas about how to do that?"

[25]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Slynne » 10/29/2010 11:43 AM

I looked at Tristan. I knew what he what he ment. I thought for a moment, he was right. If I could find some sort of dummy, it would really help. However, what if we made one big enough or even threw something. "Maybe can throw something instead..." I finally said out loud. "I would need to be big though." I added. It needed to big enough that what ever could sense it. "Thats it! We'll make a dummy. Then I can move it straight by using Telekinesis , of course it can't be two big though." I said outloud hoping maybe they might think it was a smart idea.

I looked at Claudia, it was an idea. It was one that we could possibly get done. One that wouldn't take to long to prepare. "Well, I think its a shot." I replied, looking at Tristan, waiting for a reply.

{C28.X13}
Slynne
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 10/29/2010 2:03 PM

"Fantastic! It has to move somewhat like a person, so I hope your Telekinesis can carry it upright." Tristan stepped back. "Hmmm... How should we do this...? Aha! We'll get some branches down from those trees and use them to assemble a dummy figure. Should be relatively simple, I think."

Tristan popped back from the dangerous area and shimmied up a tree. The leaves were drooping and brown at the edges; the wood creeked tremulously below him. "Help me here," he asked. "We don't want to hurt a healthy tree, and this one is dying. Let's gather some branches and leaves and build up what we can."

[26]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Slynne » 11/04/2010 11:57 AM

I glanced at Tristan for a quick second. I was happy Tristan and Xena, both liked the idea. After all we didn't have much to loose if we we're using materials and not people. We were using magic on material things. Not like we were risking our safety. "Okay, great." I replied with a straight face."I'll gather some of the branches. Xena you find some string, there should be some in either of our bags."While I started picking up some branches.

"Yes Claudia."I said, running to the bags. Getting ready to look for the string, that Claudia has said we had.

{C29.X14}
Slynne
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 11/04/2010 4:12 PM

Tristan snapped off a few branches and tossed them down. Channels ran through the bark; the hollow carcasses of termites rained down with the leaves. Tristan yelped and hopped down. "Ahh! What the--?"

From the broken-off parts of the tree, a strange, sickly-sweet smell oozed. It smelled of fungi and slow decay. Tristan bent over the roots and encircled the trunk.

The feathered tip of a dart, slightly rotted with time, lay at the base of the other side.

Tristan gingerly lifted in by the feathered end.

He looked at the others.

"...This poor tree is exactly why we need to be careful," he said. He rolled the dart around on his palm, thinking.

[27]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Slynne » 11/16/2010 1:13 AM

I looked to where Tristan was looking at what he was talking about. "Well, heres some sticks, I found some behind that bush too." I said "There should be plenty." I added, realizing that I did the job in minutes. Then I had to admit, there was no time to waste.

I ran to the bag and searched for the string. "I found string," I told Tristan and Claudia. Looking up, happy that I finally found the dang string. I mean, with all the stuff in the bag it could drive you insane, trying to find something. I walked over to Claudia and we waiting. "Uh, I think that will be all we need. We don't want to make it to heavy you know?" I said, looking at all the stuff already.

{C30.X15}
Sorry, for the long wait. School is driving me up the wall. D=
Slynne
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 11/16/2010 2:56 PM

((Hey, me too. Overworked buddies! XD))

"This looks good," Tristan said. He wrapped an old cloth around the sticks and twigs and stuffed them with leaves. With the offered string, he bound the cloth on tight. He joined the dummy and propped it upright. The twiggy arms flapped freely.

"I think he's looking fine," Tristan said. "Now we have to send him on his way. Do you think you can make him move sort of humanly? Make his legs move and arms flap and such. It doesn't have to be lifelike; think of him like a puppet. If not, well... upright should hopefully do it."

[28]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext