If you're looking for a quiet retreat, this is the place. Run by devout monks, you will be welcomed with generous hospitality. You can even take the time here to achieve some spiritual enlightenment of your own, with the sounds of the rainforest as a backdrop. (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Nu'san Temple

Re: Mystery Of The Past {Private;Freezair&I}

Postby Freezair » 08/27/2010 6:05 PM

PHew! She seemed OK, then. "Alright. The things are in the tent, on top of the small folding table. You can change in there. Meanwhile, I'll pack up the things and we can start hiking!"

((Short, but I just want this to move on and I'm quite opposed to writing filler myself.))

[8]

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

Postby Slynne » 08/27/2010 6:17 PM

When I got behind the tree, I started changing. I could hear Tristen talking, I didn't bother to tell him I was already changing behind a tree. When I finished changing I put the clothes I was in , in my bag. Although the ones I was wearing we're kinda better then the ones I recently put on. Only with fabric wise, it didn't help that sleeves made me uncomfortable. So I put on my boots and a travelers shirt I had. Of course my traveling trousers aswell.

"I'm sorry, but I never work best in sleeves, I'll be okay in this though. If I'm not, I won't whine about it."

I said, while walking out of the tree. I hoped what I was wearing wasn't too bad.

{9}
Slynne
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 98
Donate

Postby Freezair » 08/27/2010 6:33 PM

Tristan winced at her lack of sleeves. Hopefully this wouldn't come between them. Sighing, he ducked back into the tent and pulled out a little, nameless bottle.

"Very well, but bathe in this first," he said. "And I only mean that half-figuratively. Slather every bit of you exposed to the elements in it. And I am quite serious about this. Itchy bug bites will seem like paradise if a mosquito gives you a tropical parasite."

He flipped the cap, and a wretched stench oozed out. It smelled of oversweet rotting fruit, tinged with sour candy, after rolling in a dung heap. It was thick like toothpaste. He splashed it over his face, careful of the edges of his mustache.

[9]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Slynne » 08/27/2010 6:44 PM

I looked at him, with embarrisment all over my face. It wasn't my intentions to be such a bother that I seemd. When I got the bottle I didn't hesitate to put on, after all he was just trying to help me out. I appriecated that. I put the stuff on and everywhere. I looked back up, and gave him a thank you look. However I also said it too.

"Thanks, also do you want any help packing? I'm pretty strong."

I gave his stuff a glance.

{10}
Slynne
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 08/27/2010 6:53 PM

"Thank you kindly," Tristan replied. His nose had the crinkly sound of someone desperately trying to keep it plugged. His work was fun, but certainly not glamorous. Especially not in moments like these.

With her help, he was able to collapse the tent and many of his accoutrements into two large packs. He took one and offered her the second. "We're about half an hour from the edge of the temple," he said. "I don't expect booby traps on the outside, but still keep your eyes peeled. Who knows what we find when we reach tne central temple..."

[10]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Slynne » 08/27/2010 7:10 PM

I took the second pack. I put it on my back along with my personal backpack. Then stood there, waiting for his next instructions. I listened to what he had to say and understood him perfectly.

"Yea, we may want to take our time so that, we can be more aware. Not sure if your in a rush, but its better to be safe then sorry."

I said looking at him, making myself prepared. Gave him a reasuring look, to let him know he was safe with me and for the fun. I used my 'Create Illusion' magic tecnique. Thinking..Create Illusion: Shake ground? Although, I wasn't if it wasn't going to work or not.

{11}
Slynne
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 08/27/2010 7:40 PM

Tristan's eyes popped open like a cork from a chapaigne bottle. "Wha...? But I thought we were far from any fault lines--EARTHQUAKE! BRACE YOURSELF!" He immediately fell to the ground, covering his pith-helmeted head with his hands and covering beneath the pack. "GET DOWN! PROTECT YOUR VITAL AREAS! AVOID PLACES THAT MAY SEE FALLING DEBRIS!"

As easy as he seemed on the outside, within, Tristan was rather tightly-wound when it came to safety.

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Slynne » 08/27/2010 8:36 PM

So my tecnique must have worked, because Tristen freaked. It made me giggle a little, at least he knew what I was capable of doing, and that I could protect him. Even if it ment that he was a little angry with me. He would know for his benefit.

"It's okay, It was just an a illusion."

I looked into Tristens eyes, in reasurance.

'Just wanted you to know, what I'm capable of, is all."

{12}
Slynne
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 08/28/2010 2:49 AM

Tristan's brow furrowed, like an angry teacher. His deep red hair bristled. "Miss, there are far[/] better ways to show what you are capable of. This is [i]not a playground or a make-believe game; the threat of danger here is very real, and undue frivolty may very well end your life."

He gave her a reproachful look. "More than your enthusiasm, I need to know I can trust you to treat this with serious--and not cry Lucain. It's not that you can't have fun, but you need to know that I need you to be utterly trustworthy. I would hate to think my assistant was wrong about you," he reprimanded.

[11]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Slynne » 08/28/2010 12:45 PM

I looked at Tristen, what he said made sense. However I ws still glad he knew what I was capable of.

"Sir, I am more serious about this task, then you know. I am also serious about protecting you. Sir, they didn't put me on this task just for one area of help, oh no they did not. They put me on this task to protect you and also whatever we need to search for. Although I could have used another tecnique, I'm now reasured that you understand. I assure you that you can trust me. Thy enemy , they better watch out."

I said to Tristen, with a look on my face that could kill. Also with seriousness of a leader. I hoped maybe he would understand how I felt now.Then just incase, I eased up.    

"Please, understand where I'm coming from. I do take this seriously."

I said finally.

{13}
Slynne
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 08/29/2010 9:47 PM

"Your word is loud, but your actions are louder," he said. "No more tricks like that, and if you choose to use your powers, use them in ways suited to our protection. I hate to scold you like a child," he said, and he shook his head, "but we must both be mature about this. There is a place for pranks and jokes, but it is not here."

He withdrew his machete and hacked down a vine. The thick coating of leaves in their way fell back, revealing a well-stamped bath. "I am glad you are vowing your assistants, but you must match your vows in fact. Let us not bicker for long--onward?"

[12]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Slynne » 08/29/2010 10:48 PM

I didn't really know what to say rather then, what he said actully made me feel better. It boosted my confidence alot. I just smiled and nodded. Then decided that I should say something to be reassuring.

"Okay,"

I said looking at him, smiling.

{14}
Slynne
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 08/30/2010 11:43 AM

...At least she seemed to take it well. Tristan was already beginning to feel a bit guilty himself, but he reminded himself, what had to be done had to be done. No getting around that.

A bit quiet, he moved on through the pathway, shouldering his pack. The trees hung ponderously overhead, hard, unripe fruit knocking into his face. The jungle suddenly changed not several feet in; it was suddenly dark, and full of strange, curious noises. Birds shrieked in the distance... or were they birds? Tristan looked around, but saw nothing.

[13]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Slynne » 08/30/2010 1:27 PM

As we finally started walking through the forest. The forest started to get darker and a bit noisy. Although I felt like we were beginning to be watched. I didn't like the feeling and instantly getting territoral, just incase. It was better safe then sorry. At least thats what I thought. I hoped maybe my uneasyness was only showing alittle bit, in a way that it was reassuring still..I easily grabbed my sword but fastly. Just incase you know, something did pop out at us.
{15}

(Mind if I bring in another character?)
Slynne
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 09/01/2010 5:52 PM

((Yaay, I'm back! And bring another character if you like.))

Tristan sniffed the air warily. "Mmm... do you smell that?" He sniffed again, his eyes crinkling. "That... smells like sulfur. And sulfur out here can mean only two things: Either there's a volcano somewhere nearby, or someone with firearms. This place is far from any hot-spots... I think someone with a gun passed through here."

His eyes drooped with worry. "Could just be a hunter; it is the proper season for it. Could be some yahoos with fireworks. But it could be something much more serious..."

[14]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext