If you're looking for a quiet retreat, this is the place. Run by devout monks, you will be welcomed with generous hospitality. You can even take the time here to achieve some spiritual enlightenment of your own, with the sounds of the rainforest as a backdrop. (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Nu'san Temple

Re: Mystery Of The Past {Private;Freezair&I}

Postby Slynne » 11/25/2010 12:53 PM

"Hmm thats a good idea. Yes, lets try that, it should work I think."I thought to myself, at what a great idea he proposed. Hoping that maybe I might be able to do the task."Let's try it!"

I put the made up little body on the ground gently, although it probably wouldn't break. Knowing all the items we used, should make it fair, unbreakable yet breakable for unnoticeable traps.

{C31.X16}
((Dx I know! =3 Anyways, I got caught up in my work, I only got one question sheet to do now. I should be back. ^.^ Then again It may be off and on depending what type of work I get every now and then. Just so you know. Don't worry about posting fast though, I understand as well.^.^
Edit: I got a job now too! ^.^ So I may be slow. :/))
Slynne
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 98
Donate

Postby Freezair » 12/29/2010 4:17 PM

The little dummy started moving along the ground, or so it seemed. Tristan didn't know if it was him or the wind. The dummy couldn't do anything unless the girls moved it, of course--but were they? He looked mysteriously off into the jungle. Who knew what traps were in there? Besides the poison ones, of course. If this didn't work, they would be in very big trouble...

[29]

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

Postby Slynne » 12/29/2010 10:52 PM

I looked around to see Tristan and Xena waiting for me to continue on what I was sapost to be doing. I couldn't help but realise that moment I glanced at Xena, how much my apprientice grew. Not only that but the friendship of all three of us grew aswell. Finally I looked back at the dummy, and started moving it like I was saposed to do in the first place.

I watched Claudia move the dummy. It was looking amazing, and how she moved it. It was fascinating aswell, that ment the plan was working.

{C32.X17}
Slynne
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 12/30/2010 12:10 AM

Well, at least the dummy looked like it was moving like it was supposed to. He hoped this plan didn't contain any obvious or juvenile mistakes. He suddenly remembered his school days--ah, but that was a long time ago.

At least this plan seemed to be going well. The dummy moved foreward, triggering old magical motion sensors and getting caught on a few old tripwires. As Tristan stayed carefully back, several darts went whizzing through the air. They were old, but he supposed the poison was still potent--the tree certainly proved that! The dummy kept moving, but miraculously, all of the darts missed it. Tristan dared to creep closer.

"Move it back," he asked. "Let's make sure we're very thorough."

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Slynne » 01/02/2011 5:38 PM

I did as Tristan say instantly, I mean not just because he was the one that hired me,it was because he was right. Around these parts it was probably the best choice to be careful and thorough. I mean we want every trap possible to go off, so we don't find ourselfs in one. Or so anyone doesn't find us in one. "Okay," I said, although I already did what he asked.

I saw all the traps go off, I heard what Tristan said to Claudia. He was right, if we weren't careful enough we'd be corpses..

{C33.X18}
Slynne
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 01/02/2011 7:35 PM

Tristan's instincts had been right on the money. The doll seemed to be a little higher this time, and it triggered a high-wired trap. The dart that flung out would've gotten Tristan in the head. It was the only one triggered on the way back.

"I think we got them," Tristan said. "I still don't feel great, so I advise you to be on your toes. Would you mind having the dummy walk in front of us, as we move? As one last security measure? If it's possible," he said apologetically. "Let's walk slowly. Very slowly."

[31]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Slynne » 01/02/2011 11:29 PM

"Mr. Tristan please don't say that apologetically, I was thinking the exact same thing. You've just confermed my thoughts." I said with a little giggle. I was so surprized at the fact that we both thought the same thing. It was weird, but then it would be good in certain situations. "Although Xena, I think you should walk infront of us. It would be less dangerous since you have the Freezing Touch ability, whatever you touch can turn to ice automaticly if you do the thing I taught you." I said to her. "Do you understand what I mean?" I looked at her, hoping she remembered the technique I taught her.

"Miss Claudia, I know, I remember the technique you taught me. Don't worry, I understand." I replied. " Although I'd put the dummy infront of me then I can stop whatever remains? Will that work?" I added, while noticing Claudia and myself we're looking at Tristan for a reply.

{C34.X19}
Slynne
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 01/04/2011 1:18 AM

"That sounds fine, if you're willing," Tristan said. He stroked his chin thoughtfully. "If, knock on wood, one of us gets hit, we can probably freeze the toxin before calling for help. But I won't make you do anything you don't want to do, Xena. You are welcome to try, but do be wary."

Tristan himself was considering moving back to his Kuhna form, if only to avoid any high-up tripwires and to take advantage of his lighter feet. He tiptoed along like a child trying to sneak down the stairs on Christmas morning. The doll moved protectively in front of them, ready to eat up any traps. Slowly, he moved into the danger zone.

[32]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Slynne » 01/04/2011 4:11 AM

"Okay, good." I said relieved to hear she remembered. Then again, I didn't really have a huge doubt about it. I mean, Xena was strong and smart, although sometimes a little frusterating*...

"Okay, I'm going to."I replied, walking infront of them, watching the dummy being thorough. Then myself freezing whatever is left.

{C35.X20}
Slynne
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 01/04/2011 6:33 PM

Slowly, Tristan crept along. The doll's presence ahead was comforting, but Tristan couldn't shake the uneasy feeling of the jungle. Truth be told, Tristan was fairly confident there would be more traps. But nearer to the temple, they would be more elaborate. Then the defenders would get more concerned. Some of those ancient contraptions were probably Rube Goldberg-esque.

The path turned, and Tristan hacked away a tree branch (while privately feeling sorry for the tree). "Stop!" Tristan suddenly cried.

For one thing, there was a rather large trap in front of them, and he'd sensed it.

But for another, they were standing at the top of a hill. A dip peeled away beneath them, and at the base, a great, ancient temple soared through the trees up to the heavens.

[33]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Slynne » 01/11/2011 1:45 AM

Clauda and Xena both stopped immediately when they not only heard Tristan, but felt a even bigger trap infront of them. One that they sensed couldn't be avoided even with the dummy infornt of them. "Tristan did you sense that too?" Claudia said calmly. Claudia and Xena then walked over to Tristan.
" What kind of trap is this?" Xena asked Tristan, looking at him curiously.

{C36.X21}
(( Sorry, I had to change the way I wrote my half of the story, it was getting to frustrating.. I hope you don't mind.))
Slynne
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 01/12/2011 2:35 PM

((It's totally fine. I'm not a stickler for roleplay styles; do what you want. :D))

Tristan did have some Trap Sense, but it probably wasn't as strong as the girl's. Still, even as he approached it, he could feel it looming beneath his feet. This trap was large and unsubtle. Even without being activated, the trap's presence was a warning in itself. Turn back, or suffer!

Tristan moved back cautiously. "I don't know," he said truthfully. Though he knew it was in the ground, and based on pressure. He could see the displaced soil. "But my guess would be... at this size... A gas trap. Yes, knowing these people... Probably a heavy gas that sinks low to the ground to suffocate us. And if my eyes are decieving me... I think parts of it go all the way up to the temple."

He looked toward the soaring tree canopies, that went higher even than the temple's mighty spire. Vines hung low down from them, roping across the tree's great heights. He hummed in thought: "Hmmmmm..."

[34]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Slynne » 01/12/2011 2:51 PM

Claudia and Xena both listened to what Tristan had to say. Not knowing what to say next Xena just spilled her idea out. "Well then looks like we'll need to Spider Climb." Xena giggled a little. It wasn't really much of an idea but, it was at least something they could think over in the few minutes they had. "Hmm..I don't know. What do you think Tristan?" Claudia responded.

{C37.X22}
Slynne
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 01/13/2011 9:40 PM

"You two are good with traps, right?" He looked at them expectantly. "Can you tell how far it goes? I'm sure it stops before the temple, as the ancients needed a way to get in themselves, of course." He pulled down one of the thick, ropelike green vines. Part of it stayed secured to the canopy, but the other half easily held his weight.

"I know this vine," he said wisely. "And I know it's not native to this part of the jungle. I think it may have had something to do with the way the ancients got in and out of the temple..."

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Slynne » 01/31/2011 4:58 PM

"Yes, Xena and I both are able to do such things." Claudia replied. "And we're excellent at it too." Xena replied. "I think that the trap leads up to the temple and is as big as a school yard. Sorry, I don't know math very well however, I can just picture that after the vines there are no more traps after that, seeing they would have used the rest for hunting grounds?" Claudia looked up at Tristan yet again for another answer. Then again she knew that he was the leader of the group Ninja or not.

{C38.X23}
Slynne
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext