If you're looking for a quiet retreat, this is the place. Run by devout monks, you will be welcomed with generous hospitality. You can even take the time here to achieve some spiritual enlightenment of your own, with the sounds of the rainforest as a backdrop. (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Nu'san Temple

Mystery Of The Past {Completed}

Postby Slynne » 08/26/2010 8:35 PM

I was always a fan of learning about history, yet some history is a mystery itself. No matter how much we learn, theres always more that nobody can prove or are even alive to tell. It's something to keep you quessing, something to hold. History is something we all have, no matter what. I guess today was just one of those days that ninja training to me, was actully worth it. Mostly we had to learn to fight and stuff around that. However I was finally on my first mission I guess you could say? Although I didn't know what the task was going to be. All I knew is they gave me a hint and told me it was something to do with history. They wouldn't excatly tell me yet, so I just sat near a beautiful river for my break.

{1}
Slynne
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 98
Donate

Re: Mystery Of The Past {Private;Freezair&I}

Postby Freezair » 08/26/2010 8:54 PM

(I don't hae a picture of his human form offhand, but imagine a traditional "explorer" with russet hair, and one mighty fine 70's mustache.)

Tristan's Journal, Day 5:

After the long trek inward, I've finally arrived at what I hope is the heart of Nu'san. My body sags with weariness, but my heart soars! All my life, I've dreamed of seeing this place. Now it unfolds beneath me, and I could weep for the beauty of it. Nature touches man and pet in ways yet mysterious to us.

I plan to camp near the edge of the temple for the night, until I meet up with the assistant I arranged. Or, rather, that Iggy arranged. I haven't ever met the lass, but he assures me she will be most helpful. I shall build a fire to begin with, and hope that the light--or the smoke--or the smell of pancakes--entices her out!

Tristan laughed as he finished off the writing, and moved to flip over the pancakes. They were his specialty--loaded up with oats, as well as bananas, nuts, and chocolate chips, he called them his Trail Mix Pancakes. They were small meals all their own, and delicious. He would be remiss not to offer food to his helper.

[1]

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

Postby Slynne » 08/26/2010 9:24 PM

As five minutes when by the clock, my break was soon going to be over. I would soon need to go back to practicing my skills. After all I need to be prepared and it was good to be prepared. Right? Besides I rather, be the one kicking butt then being kicked. I never liked being pushed around. I then heard a noise, it happened to be my stomach. So I was hungry.. Great... I should proabably get something to eat first, before I get to practice. I started to walk, to a near by resturant. It was small, but what it had food. So It was all good for me. I just hoped they had something I liked. I stood there, looking at the menu above the cashier, while I waited to be served.

{2}
Slynne
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 08/26/2010 9:28 PM

((Eh? I thought she was outside... I'm a bit lost now. @o@))

Tristan looked up from the fire. Had he heard a rustling? The explorer cocked his head. Worried that something might be approaching, his human body melted seamlessly into his Kuhna form. He dropped the pancake onto a plate and started slinking towards the underbrush. Had he heard something, or was it all in his imagination? His ears pricked and his nose twitched. Where WAS that assistant? Did she see the campfire?

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Slynne » 08/26/2010 9:47 PM

*Sorry, Freezy. She was outside, but got hungry and went to a small resturant. Near the place she was around. Sorry, for confusing you. Wasn't my intentions I assure you..*

I looked at the clock, it was late. Thats when I remembered I was sapost to meet, my partner. I as fast as I could ran outside of the little resturant. My stomach would have to wait, I didn't ant to make the person mad on my first day of the task. When I got out side and started running, I saw smoke up in the sky. Something was on fire... I ran faster, sprinting every now and then. It somewhat made me faster and slowed me down at the same time.. Depending how I did the sprint I guess. Then all of a sudden, I stopped at some trees. Slowing down, I made noise, to make sure that if someone was their, they'd know I was there. Then I stopped, and walked a little closer to the fire, this time, so quiet. I saw what seemed to be a different creature then I. I stood there, waiting.. Although not sure for what.

{3}
Slynne
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 08/26/2010 9:52 PM

Tristan nosed through the undergrowth, suddenly stopping. A person! And she seemed to be looking right at him! ...And here he was, crawling along the ground as a Kuhna. He cleared his throat.

"Erm... My apologies, madam. Wait one second."

He darted off towards his tend, and quickly reformed as a human. Then he stepped outside, brushing himself off.

"Sorry you had to see me like that," he said, his voice plesanty accented. "Are you my new assistant? My name is Tristan Youngblood. I am to meet a young woman for my next exciting adventure, plumbing the depths of history!" He swung his arms in grandiose emphasis. "If not--er, sorry to bother you."

[3]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Slynne » 08/26/2010 10:03 PM

Once I noticed the guy ws a friendly creature. I couldn't help but giggle, the guy seemed like a nice fella and quite chatty. I didn't mind, it was relieving meeting someone with such a personality. After listening to his questions. I quickly answered him calmly, while smiling.

"After all that you have said, I am very certin I'm your assistant."

I said to him respectfully and reasurringly.

"I assure you, It's all good."

I then started walking around, curiousity taking over. This place had so many different smells, especially pancakes. I giggled once more, thinking how cute this guy was to me.

{4}
Slynne
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 08/26/2010 10:30 PM

"Ah, yes! Welcome aboard, miss... Er... what did you say your name was again? I'm Tristan Youngblood." He paused. "Oh dear. I already said that once, didn't I? Please help yourself to the food. We need to be stocked up on energy! We're going on quite the mission!"

He adjusted his pith explorer's hat. "I don't know how much you were told, but we are going into the very depths of the Nu'san temples themselves. It is believed that, somewhere in the depths of their temples, lies a Codex which will give us keys to the history of the ancient Evelonian peoples! Their rituals, religion, calendar... All sorts of amazing things! Not to mention... The Plant." His eyes grew wide.

[4]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Slynne » 08/26/2010 10:44 PM

I stared at the guy for a long time before I finally answered. I felt like my eyes we're going to fall out! For a second I thought I was going to loose my eyes, his last face expression was like.. I can't even explain it. I couldn't believe how nice this guy was, I was like more twice as much excited to go. This was going to be the best adventure ever I though to myself.

"Oh Sorry.. My name is Claudia. Nice to meet you Tristan. Do you have anymore pancakes left. I can smell them."

I said responding expressionless, didn't quite know what to do.Then I added.

"Whats the story about 'The Plant' ?"

I asked curiously, waiting there anxiously.

{5}
Slynne
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 08/27/2010 1:24 AM

Tristan pointed to the platter. "Right there," he said. "A fair warning, though. I know lots of people have allergies these days, so if you're allergic to nuts or chocolate, stay away. ...But otherwise, go ahead. It's like trail mix in a pancake--a specialty of mine!"

He sat back, nibbling at his own food. "Ah... The Plant! Well, in many of the old records we've found, there were references to a special plant cultivated by the peoples of this area. In addition to having delicious fruit, the ground-up bark was said to be a sovreign remedy for most coughs and sniffles. Imagine a cold medicine that could leave you feeling good as un-sick just after taking it! Supposedly, the Codex lists places where the plant can still be found growing here. That's what we're after--aches, pains, fatigues and sniffles--begone!" He laughed heartily. "You sound enthusiastic--I'm glad!"

[5]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Slynne » 08/27/2010 3:00 PM

I walked to where the food was, while listening to what he had to say. Looking at the delicious, foods. I couldn't help but take a big sniff, of the smell.

" I'm not alergic, to any of what you have listed. Which is good because I'm very hungry."

I said, while my stomach at the right time growled. Then I sat back down with my plate in hand. Listening to what he was about to say about 'The Plant'. This was getting really interesting to me.

"Well, I should be or else I wouldn't be fit for the job."

{6}
Slynne
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 08/27/2010 4:54 PM

"So what special skills do you have, in particular?" Tristan asked, swallowing the last of his food. "I heard you had a few tricks up your sleeve, though maybe I misheard. Don't worry--I won't fire you if I did mishear! Help is help, and I'd be silly to turn it down."

He looked somewhat more serious. "But the ancients had security systems too, and they pack quite a punch. We need to be agile and think one step ahead. We must be on our toes at all times."

[7]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Slynne » 08/27/2010 5:04 PM

I looked at him. I was standing there in a ninja suit, and he didn't know my tricks? Ermm.. Well then again, its not about the suit its about the inside. I answered him calmly.

"Oh yush, I have a few tricks. Much like, Sonic Waves, Guerrilla Fighter, Whirlwind, for battle. Umm a few others are Create Illusion, Spirit Sense, I have a few other neat ones too. If I answered your questioned correctly. If I even understood what you mean't."

I answered him, with intense eyes. Hoping that I understood his question..

{7}
Slynne
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 08/27/2010 5:22 PM

"Ahh, good! Should be excellent, then. However--not to be blunt, miss, but you may wish to change into some slightly more practical clothing. I don't know what on earth you're wearing now, but you will want proper sleeves and boots for this. Not to be rude, again--but you absolutely need sensible clothing for this. Don't worry, as I've brought plenty extra."

He stood up, quietly hiding his frown. He hoped that didn't drive her away--he'd been so friendly up to that point--but she really did need to know the importance of proper dress. Some things were crucial. Did she know, for example, of the biting insects here that would go straight for her exposed flesh? They carried many diseases. Or the thorny plants and stoney ground. He didn't understand "fashion" at all, especially when it was so... odd to him as whatever those clothes were she was wearing.

((AKA, in case it's not clear... Tristan barely knows what a ninja is, let alone being able to identfy one on sight.))

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Slynne » 08/27/2010 5:41 PM

I looked at him, and listened.

"I wasn't going to really wear this.. I have a pair of changing clothes don't worrying. These are really just my practice clothes so I can move easily. I was practicing you know, and I just happened to not have time to change. It's a long story really..."

I said uneasy.

"If you would just give me a minute, I can change somewhere. Like behind that tree, I'll be right back."

I said walking away looking over my shoulder.

{8}

( It's okay, I just wanted to try to make my post longer. ^.^)
Slynne
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Next