If you're looking for a quiet retreat, this is the place. Run by devout monks, you will be welcomed with generous hospitality. You can even take the time here to achieve some spiritual enlightenment of your own, with the sounds of the rainforest as a backdrop. (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Nu'san Temple

Bloodlust [Self for now]

Postby SpringsSong » 09/18/2011 1:13 PM

The darkness was beautiful to Ryssa.

For as long as the female could remember, she had always preferred the darkness to the daylight.  Something about the daylight was just harsh on her eyes; almost unforgiving in a way.  Only when it was dark was the half-demon woman able to function properly.  She couldn't place why her father's blood would have this effect on her, but it had, and it was taking its toll sometimes.

"It's this beautiful, Brother?" she asked, turning to a male Lucain who stood behind her.

"Simply beautiful, Sister," the male replied, his voice deep and ominous-sounding.  He stepped to the side of his sister and sniffed the air gingerly, trying to place any scents that might be around the temple.  There were not many to be identified, but when one could only see well at night, one's sense of smell had to work double-time in the daylight hours.

Luckily for the half-demon siblings, it was nighttime.

"So... what is our mission this time, Brother?" the female asked, and Xo'keye smiled, his smile appearing almost more feral because of his Reaper marking.

"There are two angels that are coming here tonight, a female and a male.  Our mission is to bring them down as far as we can.  Simple enough, yes, Sister?" he asked, and Ryssa's eyes began to glow, an evil smile coming to her maw.

"Yes.  Simple enough indeed, dear Brother," she said.

[1.2][1.2]
Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this to see what's behind
Got no way to prove it, so maybe I'm lying
Take a look in the mirror, what do you see
Can you see it clearer, or are you deceived in what you believe?
Don't ask my opinion, don't ask me to lie
Then beg for forgiveness for making you cry
'cause I'm no prophet or Messiah
You should go looking somewhere higher

I'm only human, I make mistakes
I'm only human, I do what I can
I'm only human, that's all it takes to put the blame on me

Don't put the blame on me

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5883
Donate

Re: Bloodlust [Self for now]

Postby SpringsSong » 09/18/2011 2:48 PM

"Are you sure it's wise for us to be here, Hérion?" a shy female voice asked, padding gently across the ground.  "I mean, I know that we should not be afraid in this area, since it is holy ground, but... is it really safe for us to be here alone?  I mean, we're two of the youngest angels there are!"

The female angel was in the form of a Lucain, her golden pelt sparkling as she turned around carefully, waiting for her companion to catch up to her.  After a few moments, another Lucain appeared, bearing deep blue wings instead of wingblades.

"Kiyomi, you're worrying too much.  We'll be fine here; there's no need for us to worry," he said, smiling softly as he pressed his nose to her flank.  "We have nothing to fear while we are here in this temple."

"What about those two dark auras we felt on the way here?" Kiyomi protested.  "They felt stronger the closer we got to the temple, and now, I cannot distinguish them from anything else.  There's demon-spawn here, Hérion; real demon-spawn... I don't feel like this is safe for us..."

"Kiyomi, you worry too much.  They will not harm us."

[1.2][1.2]

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 09/18/2011 2:59 PM

"They're here."

This was all Xo'keye had to say to snap Ryssa to attention, and once the phrase had registered to the female, her yellow eyes lit up and she crouched down low, her ears laid back flat against her skull as she laughed.  This was just almost too perfect; two young angels walking right into their little trap!

"Two angels, Brother!  Two real angels!  Can you believe it?  Mother will be so pleased with us..." she said, her appearance turning almost feral as Xo'keye laughed.

"Yes, Sister.  Two real angels, one of which has actual wings... you can go after him.  I will go after the female angel," he said.  Ryssa grinned brightly as she nodded.

"Yes, Brother!"

[1.4][1.4]

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 09/18/2011 4:28 PM

Almost instantly, Kiyomi's ears perked forward and she growled slightly, her fur bristling as she stepped back towards Hérion, who also sensed her discomfort.  However, Hérion did not back down in the slightest as he looked around carefully.

"They're here, Hérion!  There are actual demons here!" she said, her voice bordering on hysteria.  "I don't know what to do... their dark auras are too powerful for me..."

"Calm yourself, Kiyomi.  You mustn't be afraid of them just because they are darker than we are.  We are supposed to try and bring them into the light, not fall into their darkness.  Now... there are two of them here, a male and a female.  The female is deranged and crazy, while the male might listen to reason.  I suggest going after the male, Kiyomi; I will handle the woman."

[1.4][1.4]

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate