If you're looking for a quiet retreat, this is the place. Run by devout monks, you will be welcomed with generous hospitality. You can even take the time here to achieve some spiritual enlightenment of your own, with the sounds of the rainforest as a backdrop. (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Nu'san Temple

@@ Addiction is a Cruel Mistress [HUNT] [D, L, A]

Postby Chayden » 03/05/2012 12:16 AM

ImageImage
"Pass it. Pass it."
The Relowockee could hardly stand still. Standing out in the cold, harsh wind ripping through the old down of her vest, the need she felt for a fix still overpowered everything else. She shifted her weight from foot to foot and positively glared at her companion, who was taking her sweet goddamned time in busting the cigs out.
"Boo you, whore, I'm getting mine first." The Imeut girl sneered, pulling one slender cigarette from the box with her spidery fingers in slow motion.
"Just pass me the fucking pack already!"
"Alright, alright! Jesus Christ, Soren, you act like you haven't had a smoke in days. Need I remind you, it's my scarab that carries these suckers, and I don't have to share with you at all!"
Chayden
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 106
Donate

Re: @@ Addiction is a Cruel Mistress [HUNT] [D, L, A]

Postby Chayden » 03/05/2012 12:24 AM

ImageImage
Soren sighed. "No, you're right. Sorry. I'm just strung out."
The other girl shot her a glance. "No kidding."
Mercifully, though, she ended the torture, extending the package so that Soren could take her pick. The Relowockee lit it with relish, making her first intake so deep that already, the world seemed like a much clearer place.
They sat in silence for a moment, just enjoying the way that the smoke curled through the sky above them.
"Hey. Kittali. Thanks."
Kittali smiled as she reached out to tug on one of Soren's pigtails, and it was easy to tell how genuine it was. "Don't mention it, Sor."
Chayden
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Chayden » 03/05/2012 2:19 PM

ImageImage
It didn't take long at all for the nicotine to take effect, coating Soren's nerves and embittering her breath. "Y'think they're here yet?"
"Dunno. Guess there's really only one way to find out."
Soren nodded in agreement. She rubbed out the butt of her cigarette on the wall of the temple; Kittali extinguished hers on the heel of her boot. Then, fruitlessly wiping their stained fingers on their jeans, they went through the door.
Chayden
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Chayden » 03/05/2012 3:25 PM

ImageImageImage
"Shh. Sh, fucker, sh. We've gotta be quiet if we don't want them to hear us." The Scordrak gave the Scorpinch a sharp kick to the shin, and the Barghest shook him by the shoulder.
"Seriously, Insaga, do you want to blow our cover?"
He bowed into himself, eyes wide. "Hey, I, uh, didn't mean to-"
The Barghest cut him off with a kiss. "It's okay. Just shut up."
Chayden
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Chayden » 03/05/2012 3:37 PM

ImageImageImage
Insaga zipped his lips and threw away the key, and the Barghest laughed.
"Kenn! That means you shut up, too!" After giving them her most venomous of glares, the Scordrak returned to scouting down the candlelit hallway with her binoculars.
"Okay, okay. Chill your nuts, Caligula." Kenn lit a cigarette like a pro and held Insaga against a wall to puff the smoke into his face. "You ever shotgunned before?" Drag, blow. "S'easy. Cali's a pro."
Chayden
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Chayden » 03/05/2012 6:17 PM

ImageImageImage
Hiding a grin, Insaga played up his zipped mouth and writhed against the wall. "Mmmmph~..."
Kenn pursed his lips as he stroked the corner of Insaga's mouth with his fingertips. "We're gonna hafta unzip that if you want any of this here jack..." he whispered, moving his fingertips across the other boy's mouth and taking another drag.
"Open up," he commanded shortly. Kenn held the smoke firmly within his lungs, fighting the head rush that was sneaking up on him...
Chayden
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Chayden » 03/05/2012 6:26 PM

ImageImageImage
Insaga played it coy. He blew quickly into Kenn's mouth instead, causing him to turn his head and release all that he had had in his lungs in a coughing laugh. When he recovered his breath, the Barghest cocked an eyebrow, then gave the Scorpinch a punch on the shoulder. "Oooh, Nappy's got a little minx in him... Y'want me to suck, or are you doing it?"
In answer, Insaga hooded his eyes and gripped the hand that held Kenn's cigarette with his own. Maintaining eye contact the entire time, he held the fingers close to himself, and took as much smoke in as he could.
Chayden
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Chayden » 03/05/2012 6:31 PM

ImageImageImage
Kenn swooped in to claim it. Insaga allowed a small cloud to come up and rest in his cheeks, smiling against Kenn's lips. They fought for supremacy quietly, weakly, losing themselves in the world of oxygen deprivation. The suction and the dry taste of the nicotine was enough to turn their knees to jelly...
In the end, it was Kenn who broke away, exhaling a surprising long stream of smoke into the still air of the cavern.
Chayden
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Chayden » 03/05/2012 6:43 PM

ImageImageImage
Edna had never been what one would call a heavyweight. She had a weak stomach and a low tolerance for any mind-altering substance. So what the fuck was she doing, holding three cigarettes ready in her mouth?
"Hey, D-Jay! Look at this stupid fuck. Knowing her, she's gonna pass straight the fuck out the second she takes a drag of these."
The other boy seemed unamused. "So what? We'll just roll her body into the fountain if she does. She's gotta learn her limits somehow."
As cruel as it may have been, it was a good idea. Already, Edna was sitting on the edge of the white marble fountain; it'd be easy as anything to give her a shove and send her into the bone-chillingly cold water.
"Huh. Yeah, okay." Colliander shrugged. "You hear that, Eddy? You're gonna take a bath!"
Chayden
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Chayden » 03/05/2012 6:50 PM

ImageImageImage
He leaned over to give her a light and sighed when the flame didn't catch. "You have to suck in, idiot."
Edna's face flushed a bit as she did what he said. The cigarettes spluttered into life, creating a temporary smoke screen between them. Edna's nose wrinkled immediately, and her eyes watered. She squeezed them shut tightly and coughed through the cigarettes blocking her air hole.
Colliander was laughing his ass off. He took mercy on the poor lightweight, reaching out and plucking the cigarettes from her mouth dextrously.
"Go get your lungs back, idiot. And Deej? Pump up the tunes!"
Chayden
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate