If you're looking for a quiet retreat, this is the place. Run by devout monks, you will be welcomed with generous hospitality. You can even take the time here to achieve some spiritual enlightenment of your own, with the sounds of the rainforest as a backdrop. (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Nu'san Temple

Re: Setting Out [open to anyone]

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 04/27/2012 6:28 AM

Eko had seen the rock fall, and had been just about to reply... She grabbed her pack, and dashed forward. Removing her precious orchid, she tore off a petal, crumbled it into a salve pot, and dumped it on the likuta's head. "There, that should help with the pain. As for ice magic, I have a little but I'm not too good with it, and I don't want to freeze him... Hey! you guys back there! Do you know any ice magic?" She called out to the wockee and the fox, hoping that they might...

"Oh, if that stupid swarm wasn't up there, I could go and gather some-" She was cut off by the ground shaking, and as bits started to fall out of the ceiling, she grew extremely concerned. "This tunnel is probbably going to collapse soon, and I doubt our little friend would survive that. We have to move him. Has anyone got anything we can use to protect his neck? Also, one of us will need to carry him..." She looked at the others. She had no objection to carrying the small creature, but she needed someone to churn up something to protect his neck...
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2056
Donate

Postby Firetra » 04/30/2012 8:55 AM

Muse rushed forward into the tunnel as he heard shouts and people asking for help. He constantly had to use his echo location so he himself wasn't injured by running into walls. He finally got to where the group was. With him in there he would most likely cram the space to much, so he stayed in a adjacent hallway.

"Sorry, I do not know any ice magic. But I can carry him easily. If one of you want to put him on top of my back just do it. But do it quickly, I think we might have to make a run for it really soon." He said, and right after that last sentence, the cave rumbled violently. threatening to collapse around them.

Because I could not stop for Death,
He kindly stopped for me;
The carriage held but ourselves
And Immortality

- Emily Dickinson

Firetra
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2631
Donate

Postby Freezair » 04/30/2012 4:07 PM

"We can't move him until we better know the state of his injuries," Edgar snapped, and stomped his foot. Immediately, the purple-black behemoth looked bashful and ashamed. "I am... sorry for being curt with you. It was not my intent to make you angry. But head injuries are very delicate and very difficult to work with. We may do him more harm than good by being hasty in our actions."

Edgar tromped down the tunnel, and found an open spot to stick his head out. As Eko had said, the swarm was still thick. But it did show signs of thinning. Fewer and fewer Beetankes were passing overhead, and although the end was not quite yet in site, it did seem to be in the future. The swarm was finite.

Edgar ran back to the others, panting. He scanned the state of the tunnel as they passed. Parts of it were crumbling, to be sure. But the space where they all had gathered had thicker walls, beat smooth by the passage of many creatures. "I think we'll be safe in this little area, for a while. I don't think this particular cavern will cave in; it seems more sturdy. Let's do a thorough rundown on our little friend here first. Without moving his head, let's see what we're dealing with..."

((OOC: Cados? You still around? It's up to you what's wrong with your character, so we do need some input from you to progress, even if he is unconscious.))

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 04/30/2012 4:56 PM

{Cados, we need a little guidance please?}

Eko smiled at the large purple creature. "It's alright, we understand your concern for him. But the first thing we should do is brace his neck. Has anyone got anything strong but flexible? Like a newspaper, or anything? if not, i'm going to have to see if I can find some strong roots. We need to make sure his neck is supported asap."

She looked around at the tunnel walls, and hoped the creature was right. They could treat and carry one person, but two? And suppose it was that purple one himself who got hurt? What would happen then?

"Oh, by the way, i'm Eko." She said, realising she hadn't introduced herself yet.
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Cados » 05/01/2012 1:43 AM

(sorry for not posting, I've been having computer problems.  I'm back now!)
As he slowly regained consciousness, Cados noticed almost all the creatures he encountered in the jungle crowded around him, looking concerned.  The second thing he was aware of was that the rumbling had considerably decreased.  As he sat up, his head had a massive welt, and was sore as his ego after this failed trip.  He looked around, and assured everyone, "I'm okay, don't worry everyone."  He looked around at where they were located.  The walls were compacted and stable, and although they might be able to stay here a little longer, it would probably be best to keep moving.  "I think we should start moving, and go back to the surface when the swarm dies down."  Gathering his things, he stood up, and fighting a slight bout of dizziness, started walking away from where he was lying down.  He turned around and gestured at the rest of the creatures in the cavern, "Let's go!"  He was sore, but whole, and ready to start off again.

knowledge is both a prison, and the key
To know much is to be enlightened by the understanding of the universe, but is also toknow the limitations and utter randomness of our daily lives, something we take for granted too much of the time.
It is the realization of this knowledge that imprisons us, but the realization that life is too good to worry about that frees us. The prison, and the key.
Cados
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Keystones: 118
Donate

Postby Freezair » 05/01/2012 7:28 PM

"Oh, thank goodness!" Edgar flashed a reptillian version of a smile at the Likuta, and offered a claw to help him up. "You're conscious, at least, which means that hopefully, there's no severe damage." But he quickly noticed that the Likuta seemed dizzy and unsure on his feet. "Oh! But be careful. If the dizziness persists, we should have him lie back down and rest. I think the monks from the nearby temple would be able to take him in and take care of him. I'm sure they have doctors among them."

Edgar offered a shoulder for his new companion to brace himself on, and made with the introductions. "Yes! There hasn't been time for introductions, has there? I'm Edgar; it's good to meet you all. Well then--shall we sally forth?"

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Cados » 05/04/2012 2:43 AM

Seeing the raptor smile and introduce himself was at least some semblance of normality in this insanity of a day.  He made a good point, though.  The monks were extremely accommodating, he could attest to that after his almost 3 month stay after his mountain hike.  He had found a glacier while crossing the mountains, and instead of trekking over it by foot, he had decided to toboggan on his stomach.  He assumed that since he was so good at swimming, he would probably be alright at that too.  Halfway down, however, he realized just how cold the ice was and by the time he had reached the bottom he had been close to hypothermia.  He had found the monastery soon after this and they had nursed him back to health, after which he thanked them profusely and then set out again.  The temple really was amazing, he would like to see it again, and prepare a little more for the next outing.  Perhaps all these new people he met would like to come with him on his journey, but he would find that out later.  "That sounds like a great idea, Edgar.  I'm Cados," he said with a smile, and then continued, "The temple would probably be a good place to rest and recuperate, and they could take a look at this bump.  Hopefully I'm not seriously injured."  Reaching up, he gingerly touched the place the rock had hit him, and pulling his hand away, saw blood and felt intense pain.  He would leave that alone for now.  He was just about to set off when he realized he had no idea where they had come from.  There were many tunnels going in different ways, any of them could lead to the monastery.  He decided that their best bet would be to search the tunnels and take the first cavern that would get them to the surface.  Scanning the walls of the tunnel very carefully, he set off to find some sunlight glinting in the gloom.

knowledge is both a prison, and the key
To know much is to be enlightened by the understanding of the universe, but is also toknow the limitations and utter randomness of our daily lives, something we take for granted too much of the time.
It is the realization of this knowledge that imprisons us, but the realization that life is too good to worry about that frees us. The prison, and the key.
Cados
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Keystones: 118
Donate

Postby Freezair » 05/04/2012 2:50 AM

"I've been meaning to visit that temple, Cados," Edgar said. He emphasized the name: Cados. Having learned the name, Edgar intended to use it properly. "I admit I wasn't precisely aware of the way, however, and I wasn't keen on wandering through the jungle... do you know the way? That would be helpful!"

Cados did seem to have some idea of where he was going, so Edgar set off after him. He looked over his shoulders at the others, as if to call them after them. It was up to them whether or not they followed, of course, but Edgar knew they wouldn't get anywhere just sitting around in these old burrows. His claws kicked up dirt and he ducked through the low tunnels.

"I think the warren I collapsed is close by," Edgar said. "We should be able to climb back to the surface through there."

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 08/13/2012 10:33 AM

The temple... Eko grinned. It was time to do some proper exploring!

"Right behind you guys!" She called, looking back at the wockee and the fox. "Are you two coming? Either way, you can't stay down here... It doesn't look very safe..."

She scampered after the others using her nose to find them in the tunnel. She also used this as a way to remember their scents, so hopefully she wouldn't get separated from them on the way to the monastery.

"Does anyone want a torch? I have one here, if you want..." She called out to them, wanting to be of use.

Last bumped by ToxxicRenegadeAngel on 08/13/2012 10:33 AM.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous