If you're looking for a quiet retreat, this is the place. Run by devout monks, you will be welcomed with generous hospitality. You can even take the time here to achieve some spiritual enlightenment of your own, with the sounds of the rainforest as a backdrop. (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Nu'san Temple

Learning the Ropes {Private,M:L,V,G?}

Postby Saahs » 06/10/2017 12:01 AM

(( Churchbell, humanoid form. This takes place four years from the present. This is private, but you may PM me if you'd like to join in. ))

Churchbell had finally located what she had been searching for for the past year. And then some. Not only had she found herself a new, lovely vessel, but she'd also found one of the pendants, and the brat nephew of her former comrade under Her Emptiness' flag. Now there was only one thing left to find, but he could wait.

She had the main pendant, she had the vessel heir. That was what she needed the most.

Stepping through the library in the temple, she ran a fingertip across the rows of books as she looked for a certain topic. The method of organisation was so low compared to her thoughts, it was hard to drop down to the simple levels of "alphabetical" and "numerical". Neither mattered when you both existed and did not.
when that light goes out this eve,
some will run, and some will grieve.

if you have a reason, or if you believe,
in darkness we trust.

the whores and gentlemen, they lead,
trails of insecurities.

i am not a watchman, i do as i please.

in darkness i trust.

About/Journal | Zoo Pen | Documents | Wishlist
Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1122
Donate

Re: Learning the Ropes {Private,M:L,V?}

Postby Saahs » 06/10/2017 3:38 AM

Her finger continued to trace across the book shelves, but soon she paused. Pulling out the book her finger landed on, Churchbell opened it to a random page. Right to the one she was looking for. Oh how she loved being what she was, now. Her head bowed as she scanned the page's contents with a blank expression. Slowly, she eased her way over to a rug, taking a seat with her legs tucked to the side. She'd look graceful if it weren't for the plate armour.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 06/10/2017 12:48 PM

A sudden feeling of wrongness filled every corner of Churchbell's being, and she looked up from her book. "Well, how nice of you to join me." Her head tipped back to regard the murky swirl on the wall of shelves across from her.

An unworldly being emerged from the shelves like a corpse being fished out of tar. Every colour, every shape, was not enough to make up the eldritch creature. Not until it began to shape and mould itself into something Churchbell could actually look at without the agonising urge to claw out both her physical and spiritual eyes. "I was searching for Knox. It is making this difficult. What have you found?"

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 06/10/2017 12:57 PM

"I told you, we do not need him." Churchbell looked back down to her book, eyeing an excerpt on a green amulet supposed to be meant for healing. The provided sketchwork wasn't the most grand of examples, but she squinted. Alas, it was not the right shape. Sighing with a blank face, she closed the book and set it aside to peer back up at the other. "You will draw monks up here like moths to a light, V."

"V" shook its head as a mask of a white rabbit materialised over where a face should have been. The rest of V's body formed into the body of a large, emaciated, six-legged black rabbit, with a humanoid with six more arms jutting out where the animal's head should have been. "It raised the heir, we will need to know how far its progress is."

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 06/10/2017 12:59 PM

"And can we not do that by asking the heir itself~?" With a small hum, Churchbell tugged a necklace out from under her robe's top. Hanging from it was a vicious looking pendant, a long violet gem set into a flat circle with six sharp prongs reaching out.

V tilted its head, the six red eyes floating in front of its mask ever unblinking, while the white one set in the center of the mask's forehead peered down at the necklace. "It feels weak. How long as it been in there?"

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 06/10/2017 1:02 PM

Churchbell scoffed, but her face showed no sign of taking any true offence. "You could grace us with pronouns besides it, you know. Gets really confusing, I am sure I have told you this." She tucked the pendant back into its proper hiding place, patting her chest flat. "And to answer your question, I do not know. He was in here when I found its carrier wandering around."

With a slow, single nod of its head, V approached Churchbell with two right hands extended. "Let me see it."

"The pendant or the heir?"

"... Both."

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 06/10/2017 1:13 PM

Without breaking eye contact with V, Churchbell pulled out the necklace, tugged it off her neck, and held the dangling pendant out towards it.

The eldritch creature approached her, and gently took the necklace from her grasp. Simply being close to V was enough to make Churchbell feel like ants were crawling just underneath her skin. "You're welcome," she chimed. No amount of dead expressions could hide the smarm in her tone of voice.

But all V had to say in return, with absolutely no concept of the sarcasm that had just been thrown at it, "I did not thank you."

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 06/10/2017 1:28 PM

On the outside, Churchbell was simply watching V as it inspected the pendant. On the inside, she was mocking what V had just said in its dumb stupid creepy voice. She pushed herself up, picking up the book with her. The chains of her armour and sickles gently clinked together as she walked partially past V. "You need to learn tone of voice, V. You are killing me."

I am not killing you," it responded, a thick air of static emanating around its hand and the pendant it held. The pendant began to move, as if tapped by a finger. Then it held completely still, and started to quake violently.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 06/11/2017 9:02 AM

"It was a figure of speech," Churchbell hissed, head turning to the sound of approaching footsteps. "And look a little less like a monster, would you? If a monk sees you like this they will not be pleased."

"I have no desire to learn figures of speech. They are meaningless." But whether or not it would ever learn how language worked for most people, V shifted into a humanoid form, robed in dark crimson and teal, with plate armour and matching chains. It looked feminine, slender in figure and with long brown hair.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 06/11/2017 9:09 AM

Another person came charging through one of the entrances and veered into sight between the bookshelves. She was... mostly human, in appearance, with strange joints and facial structure, and bearing iridescent wings and a long, hook horned tail. And she had a spear.

Churchbell and V both turned to face her, their hands pulsing with black, static energy. "I suppose we were not going to have much time to enjoy here," she mused with a sigh, blank face and blank eyes peering at the fast approaching stranger.

But V said nothing in return. Instead, it reached a hand up and aimed a bolt of black magic towards the stranger.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 06/11/2017 9:13 AM

The bolt pelted the woman's shoulder, and her stride faltered as a pained draconic snarl escaped her. Head whipping up to glower at V, she opened her mouth to reveal both the insectoid limbs inside as well as the rows of sharp teeth.

"I believe we have a Paragon on our hands," Churchbell observed. "Best we make this quick, hmm?" Looking over to V, she placed a hand on the other's shoulder, and her fingers began to "glow" black. If it can be called glowing. Perhaps a better description would be to say, her fingertips devoured the surrounding light around them completely.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 06/11/2017 9:17 AM

The Paragon in question seemed to be in no mood to let the pair get away. With another roar, she reared her spear back and hurled it at V. "You are not escaping!" bellowed the draconic woman.

The spear tore through V's human form, her arm throwing back with the spear as it plunged into the floor behind it and Churchbell. But the Paragon had been too late: the two shadowmancers, one of which was staring at her while the other was doubled over wondering where its arm had gotten to, were suddenly teleported to some place far away from the sanctuary.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 06/11/2017 9:21 AM

Growling in frustration, Mor'val stormed past the spot the two strangers had just been standing to get to her spear. Strangely, the arm was beginning to dissolve, crackling with sparks and turning into black dust and smoke. Nevertheless, she tugged her spear loose, and made a mental note to pay for repairs for the poor, unknowing monks. She would have to tell them to perhaps consider finding stronger protection from unwanted ousiders. This had been too easy.

But her attention turned to the necklace that lay on the floor, and the pendant strung up on it. The Paragon's head tilted to the side, and she felt an urge, a need to take the pendant somewhere else and protect it. "This... Is not safe here," murmured Mor'val, as she picked up the necklace and tucked it into her sash. Turning, she made to find the monks and report what she had just witnessed.

All, save for the pendant.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer