If you're looking for a quiet retreat, this is the place. Run by devout monks, you will be welcomed with generous hospitality. You can even take the time here to achieve some spiritual enlightenment of your own, with the sounds of the rainforest as a backdrop. (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Nu'san Temple

A Thief in the Temple [Quest]

Postby RiDragon » 06/23/2017 6:29 PM

A man in traditional adventurer garb rode along the often traveled footpath on his horse.  He patted its disturbingly cold and scaled neck, signalling it to slow to a trot.  He squinted at the temple on the horizon, sighing to himself.  Only a bit longer until he would reach the place.

His horse growled at him.  No, not a horse, a Nyghtmare.  He scratched it behind the ears, which seemed to pacify the beast.  

"You're supposed to be a terrifying carnivore, Shadlithe.  Act like one instead of begging for scratches."

The creature snarled at its master menacingly, but the man didn't seem to be moved.  He appeared to know the horse quite well, and was aware that its snarls were simply how it responded.

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless
I will give... I will take

I will feel the stars crash, crash down
RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Keystones: 700
Donate

Re: A Thief in the Temple [Quest]

Postby RiDragon » 06/23/2017 6:33 PM

The man's horse seemed to suddenly be uncomfortable, pawing at the ground and letting out an annoyed snort.  He seemed to be upset by something.

"What is it?"  The man asked, seeming to sense that the creature was being serious about its dislike for something.  He peered around, trying to see if anyone was sneaking up on them.

"Hello!"  A voice said, startling both the horse and the rider.  If it wasn't for the man's hold on the reigns, the horse might've struck out and killed the stranger.

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 06/23/2017 6:38 PM

His hard glare softened when he realized who was addressing him.  A monk.  Better to not be suspicious.  He patted the horse to try to calm it down, which it begrudgingly did.  The stranger seemed to be completely unaware that he had narrowly escaped being mauled.

"Good day sir!  I see you're making the trek to the Temple.  I'm the monk assigned to greet newcomers."  His voice was kind and elderly, definitely not a threat.  Though his face was hidden under the traditional monk robes and hood.

"Hello."  The man replied, cooly.  "I'm Teithio."  He didn't remember being told that there were greeter monks, but it made sense, since it was quite easy to wander off the path and into the dangerous jungle.

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 06/23/2017 6:42 PM

The monk nodded in response, seeming to be satisfied with Teithio's answer.  "You are here to meditate, yes?  Or are you a journalist?"

"To meditate."  Teithio replied, though quickly added, "But I would love to know more about the place."  It would be beneficial to know if his intel that there was treasure here was correct or not.  Deithio usually was pretty good at his research, but no one was infallible.  It was completely possible that there was actually nothing here.

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 06/23/2017 6:48 PM

The monk nodded, waving for Teithio to follow along.  "We are happy to have you here."  He replied, starting to lead the way to the temple.

Teithio quietly cursed himself for his stupidity.  Why did he ask to be shown the place?  Now he would never be left alone.  Perhaps he could make an excuse to be left alone and explore?  Or perhaps he would have to come back later tonight.

He kicked his feet and clicked to tell his horse to continue onward, but to not trample the monk.

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 06/23/2017 7:04 PM

As they continued on the path, Teithio couldn't help but squint in exasperation at the temple in the distance.  He could tell even from far away that it was full of monks wandering around and meditating.  Perhaps he could ask for a tour of the inner sanctums of the temple.  If he found what he wanted, he would knock the monk out and flee.  The monk would live, probably.  Didn't really matter too much to him.

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 06/23/2017 7:09 PM

Eventually, they made their way to the temple itself.  Teithio slid off of his nyghtmare lazily, looking up at the temple.  He tried to make his expression neutral.  "Quite a relaxing place."  He said, looking at all of the monks and other travelers sitting around and meditating.  Some people were reading while others seemed to just be listening to the surrounding jungle.

The monk nodded eagerly.  "Yes yes, people quite like the atmosphere around here.  Now, you wanted to get a tour, yes?"

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 06/23/2017 7:12 PM

Teithio tried to hide his frown.  Of course.  He was hoping that perhaps the monk had forgotten his request.  Too bad he didn't think before he spoke.  He turned to his horse, that stared back at him expectantly.  He could see in its eyes that it wanted to start some mayhem.  He shook his head.  "Stay here, Shadlithe.  Behave."  It snorted in response and turned away to wander around the jungle, probably looking for some animals to hunt.

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 06/23/2017 7:15 PM

The monk lead Teithio through the temple, eagerly looking back every so often.  It was annoying.  He would never be able to slip away at this rate.

He was shown various boring things that he had no interest in, but pretended he did.  Water wheels, purified springs, where the food was made, the special mediation rooms, where the monks and guests slept.  It was all exhausting to have to sit through.  He grinned and bared it.

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 06/23/2017 7:17 PM

He had to deal with this stupid tour for three whole hours.  It was the most awful thing he had to do ever, and it all seemed to be for nothing.  Once, the monk mentioned that there was some sort of treasure, but it ended up just being some sort of stupid power of friendship or meditation thing.  What a waste of time.  When he finally made it out of there, he felt like he wanted to allow his horse to rampage through the temple.  What a terrible day, he was just a thief, he didn't deserve this.

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate