If you're looking for a quiet retreat, this is the place. Run by devout monks, you will be welcomed with generous hospitality. You can even take the time here to achieve some spiritual enlightenment of your own, with the sounds of the rainforest as a backdrop. (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Nu'san Temple

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 02/11/2008 12:29 PM

Had Arrikanez had the strength to struggle, he would have, as he recognized the vial in the boy's hand. But as it was, he had not power to resist the other's handiwork. As soon as the concoction was smeared over the wound, he started to feel the effects. He grew dizzy. It was a good thing he'd been in a reclined position, or else he would have fallen. His head was light, and his tongue felt like it was filling up his mouth - but he moved it around and dispelled that notion. His sight was starting to go dim. Pain flooded his limbs for only a moment before he could feel nothing at all. He felt his heart slowing, and his head fell back, as he didn't have the wherewithal to keep it upright. It wasn't much longer after that, that he was unable to even open his eyes. They closed, and his entire body started to go limp as his mind floated away into oblivion.
The slowing thud of his heart was a concern, as if it didn't stop slowing down, soon it would stop outright, and then Kire's fun would be ended as would the life of the one he was caring for.
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 424
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 02/11/2008 2:21 PM

"Yes... Sleep..." he spoke softly as Arrikanez began to fade out of consciousness. It seemed like a cruel thing to do, but then again weren't he a cruel man? It wasn't like he was doing it to kill him either. No matter how odd of a way it seemed, he was actually helping. That is... until he realized that Arri's heart wasn't stabling off.

"Oh dear. Did I use to much on the little fellow?" He could hear the male's heart slowing far too much. "Hmm... Guess if this continues I'll have to use a little something to spike it back up..." Pain? That usually brought a heart rate skyrocketing. But.. this guy was a little too fragile for that just yet. He'd have to settle for another one of the little potions that was settled in his back pocket. He'd just have to be careful not to use so much next time, that way the affects of the other still overpowered it just a tiny bit and kept him stable. First though, he had to see if the heart would catch on its own.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1625
Donate

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 02/12/2008 10:48 PM

Arrikanez's heartbeat eventually did slide into something approaching normal. And he started to completely relax, asleep. However, his curse of sorts started acting up the moment he wasn't awake to keep it at bay. Random things started happening all around. The fountain changed its mind, and started flowing backward. The floor and ceiling started to switch places, but then stopped. The statue he'd just been on started to change colors. And random things were flying through the air - toward Kire. Not only that, a giant piece of rock that just 'decided' to break off at that time started to roll toward the Lucain man, picking up momentum as it came.
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 02/13/2008 12:12 AM

Kiresilo couldn't believe the sights he was seeing. Had he forgotten about drinking a bit of a potion or something? No... All of this was quite oddly real. Dropping the vile that was in his hand, the male lucain wrapped his arm tightly around Arri's waist and jumped out of the rock. He was now standing there, holding an unconscious lucain by the waist. The rock thus rolled over the little vile, cracking the glass and allowing the poison inside to spill about the floor.

He let out a sharp hiss of pain as his blade, which he had left on the floor a while back, cut into his upper arm. Still, he didn't seem to put up much of a fuss over it. Just pure instinct to let out at least a small cry of pain.

"Geeze... What's gotten into the things here?" He did his best to keep out of the way of anything that could badly injure him, knowing that if he were to die then the other likely would too. "Just gotta... wait it out..." He slipped behind one of the pillars, still holding onto Arri's body and trying to keep away from anything sharp.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

10 [Level 2]

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 02/13/2008 1:02 AM

After a while, things calmed down sufficiently enough for it to be safe to move around without getting hit by anything floating. However, the fountain was still flowing backward, and there were still quite a few items out of place in the temple. Perhaps it had something to do with the unconscious god in his arms, but then again... Kire wouldn't know it was a god. Yet. He hadn't told him. And unless Kire was exceedingly clever about knowing who was who, he wouldn't have an idea for a long, LONG time. Until Arri told him, that is. And even then, suddenly being told that who you're caring for happens to be a god in control of the Chaos element? Tends to be a bit of a turn-off.
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 02/13/2008 1:11 AM

Kire slowly walked back over to where he had the mat on the floor in the room. He settled down with the other gently propped up against him again and looked at his bleeding arm. The crimson liquid... he hadn't seen it from his own body in some time now. He ran his claws lightly over the wound and smirked. "Pain... It tells us that we're alive..."

He shook those thoughts off and looked back down at Arri. "You're some pain, runt." Runt? That was rather odd of him to call the other. Still... it was probably just how he treated others. "Hopefully you'll be rested up soon."

Blood dripped from a cut on his cheek, landing on Arrikanez's chest. The male had done good at dodging most things, but he had been left with a few small cuts as well as the large one on his arm.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 02/13/2008 11:51 PM

The blood woke him from his drugged sleep, and he saw the face of the other over his. The reaction was immediate. He scrambled away from the other as quickly as he could - before realizing that they were in a room where no one else was. In essence, he was trapped with this man. This... considerably OLDER man... Slowly, he rose to his feet a bit shaky, and wiped the blood from his cheek. He didn't trust this one. Not at all.

"Wh....who are you?" he asked, fear evident in his voice.
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 02/14/2008 12:41 AM

Who was he? Ah.. Well he truly hadn't been able to tell the boy since he had been out cold and what not. "The one that kept your life stable instead of letting you bleed all over the place..." Kire muttered, standing up and turning away from Arri. "Looks like you're stable now though..."

Fear... Usually he would have felt rather happy about someone fearing him, but maybe he was just in a bad mood or something because he didn't even move a tiny bit closer to the younger male. "Feel free to run away like a scared little girl if you want, but I'd advise that you don't cut yourself again. Things like that should only be done by someone that knows what they are doing."
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 02/14/2008 12:53 PM

Arrikanez never ran away. It just wasn't his thing. He was afraid, yes - but he was also curious. And curiosity always seemed to get the better of him. Cautiously, he made his way toward his rescuer, and walked around him, looking him up and down as if trying to decide to buy him or not. And for Arri, that was very much the choice that was being made. Bought and sold. That's how friendships were to him. And that's how they always had been - even when he'd been mortal. No one had ever genuinely taken his feelings into consideration, so he had never been taught to do so. No - even doctors and other workers of the civic persuasion had never asked his name, or any questions that led to answers that were heartfelt or emotion-based. All his relationships - even the one with Tristani - had been cold, calculated things that only ended in tears. THIS is what spurred the fear in Arrikanez's heart, and what would continue to do so until someone appeared who could warm that cold heart of his. Unfortunately, Kire was not this person. But he was exceedingly intriguing, and the questions swirling in Arri's mind tickled his fancy. Perhaps he'd get to know this one a bit...
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 02/14/2008 8:22 PM

Interesting... This one actually hadn't run from him. that seemed to happen a lot when he was around people. They'd either be freaked out by him right away, or would know him or a day or two and then get away. "Going to stand there and look at my body or are you going to speak up?" he asked with a small smirk. Most of his skin could easily be seen, and what couldn't had on rather tight clothing. Maybe he was just too good looking for the boy to figure out what to say.

Kiresilo took a step forward, grabbing hold of the arm that Arrikanez had cut earlier. "Maybe you aren't as much as a wimp as you seemed at first." It seemed like an insult, but in his mind it was a complement. Arri hadn't run away, so he was rather impressed.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 02/17/2008 8:48 PM

"I didn't think I WAS a wimp. Calling me one like that was a bit of a bold move on your part. Especially considering that you don't know who or what I am."

He moved forward to allow his arm to be taken. No resistance at all. A smile was offered to the man, and Arrikanez bowed a little, introducing himself for the first time.

"Arrikanez, God of Chaos, at your service, and in your debt. I'm sure I will find some way to repay you. I apologize for seeming so... well... naive. I have a tendency to get frightened easily."
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 02/17/2008 11:03 PM

God? Kiresilo's brow raised slightly, as if disbelieving such. But then again, maybe he was just curious. "That would explain why you aren't dead right now and why everything was flying about the room trying to kill me I suppose. Still, why would the God of Chaos be some boy that was easily frightened?"

He didn't freak out, didn't run away. "Oh well... I suppose since you've so properly introduced yourself, I'll relinquish my name now too." A smirk spread across his features, letting go of Arri's arm and stepping back a bit. "Kiresilo, sometimes known as just Kire." He did not bow or anything, but it was still somewhat formal of him at least.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 02/18/2008 1:37 AM

"Kire.... I like it. It's.... unique. So answer me this... WHY did you save me? Why did you take the time to climb that statue and pull me down? Surely, I have done nothing to warrant such gracious treatment."

He straightened, and brushed his fingers through his hair, blinking, and sighing as things started to shift around again, as usually happened whenever he was around. He glared at a bench that was inching toward them, and it withdrew like an apologetic dog.

"Don't mind the things in here rearranging themselves. It tends to happen whenever I'm around. Kire... Why don't we go outside for a bit? Talk out there? I'm a bit hot, and I think the air would do me some good."

As he started walking in that direction, things started going back to where they belonged. Arri didn't necessarily feel well, even though he was up and about. Actually, he felt quite rotten. Lightheaded and dizzy.
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 02/20/2008 9:17 AM

Why did he save him? Why had he truly taken the time out of his day to actually keep the life another going? It was a puzzling question when one though of someone such as he. "No matter how much I like to play with them... lives are still a precious thing." he finally spoke, following after Arrikanez. "If I happen to be there, then why not have a little fun while keeping you alive?"

Kire looked down at his arm, which was still trickling blood just a tiny bit from the gash the knife had cut into him. "There are some of us that can take almost any pain inflicted on us and turn it to joy, and there are those that can't stand even the prick of a needle. However much fun I'd like to have seeing those people wither in pain, I can't allow them to die under my care."
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 02/21/2008 1:27 AM

Arrikanez stopped when they were outside, and sat on a slab of marble, looking ahead. He sat there, legs curled under him, hands bracing himself. He looked, for all intents and purposes, like one of the fictional mermaids basking on a sun-baked rock. Only, it wasn't sunny outside, he wasn't a maid, and there was no water nearby. The position was reminiscent of it, though.

"Kire... did you ever wonder if there was someone out there for you? Someone that you could spend the rest of your life with?"

Odd question, but one that he wanted an answer too. Maybe he wasn't the only lonely one around here. Or maybe he was just paying far too much attention to the smallish details of things. Such as being obsessed over finding love. Love.... there was an odd thing to obsess over for a Chaos being. Love. No, it wasn't meant for him.

"Or... did you ever feel that you just weren't destined for it? I mean, love. Mates. A family."

That was how he felt. How he knew things must be. He hadn't found anyone yet. And that sole fact was the only thing that was keeping him searching. However... he was getting tired of the hurt. Getting tired of the rejection. He wanted to rest, to give up. But that was the price of being a god....
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext