If you're looking for a quiet retreat, this is the place. Run by devout monks, you will be welcomed with generous hospitality. You can even take the time here to achieve some spiritual enlightenment of your own, with the sounds of the rainforest as a backdrop. (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Nu'san Temple

Solitaire {Private}

Postby Mojave » 03/26/2008 1:42 AM

She'd been in her new library since after her son had left. She hated that they had never bonded, and that she hadn't tried to stop him. If she had, she wouldn't have lost her will and wouldn't have hidden herself away from the world. He had been her only child that wanted her, and she had betrayed him. She felt like a failure, so she had removed herself. And, from her depression and her solitude, she had changed. She wasn't as curious anymore, she was more prone to silence than before, and she certainly had no affection for any males.

But, today felt different. Like something was going to change. She raised her head from her desk, rubbing her eyes. Her brown hair hung down to her shoulders, blue bangs falling before her eyes. The cyan tips of her hair, both brown and blue alike, shone in the sunlight filtering through a window.

Now that she was awake, she realized that she had fallen asleep on top of a book about the dieties. She sighed and stood, stretching the sleep from her muscles before heading off to the shower. She now lived at Nu'San, and despite how she missed her old library that was just hers, she liked the monks, the food, the showers, the solitude. She never had to see anyone she'd rather avoid and all her problems were outside the walls.

But again... that nagging feeling that things were about to change kept nipping at her senses, and she wondered if it was for the good or the worse this change would be for.

{?}
Pen . Docs . Sales . Wishes . About . RP Records . Journal . DA . FR
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 584
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 03/26/2008 2:45 AM

Nitidus

After all this time, why had she finally decided to come...? To start searching for her mother's whereabouts? She was disobeying the wishes of her family and, for once, she really couldn't care less. As of late, she had no one to turn to. Her family...they'd...gone away. Any new memebers of her family weren't close to her. She had two younger sisters and two younger brothers, from two different females. She expected more siblings, but...she also thought that her father would be home. Growing up, she was daddy's little girl, even if she didn't want to be. When she wasn't his, she was her brother's little sister. Even Validus had left. He went to cope with being alone, but that left her alone, in the end. To top it all off, she couldn't even turn to her best friends any longer. She'd known them since childhood but... Strages didn't love her, no, he was engaged to someone else. A male, none the less. And then Ente, he tried to help her when he could, but he adopted a child and was working to become a fully licensed doctor. She had five children of her own, because of Strages, but...she couldn't keep doing this either.

Nitidus, she was worn out, emotionally. Which nearly lead to being such physically. She needed someone, and she had a favor to ask. It'd been a difficult one to make, the decision, but she made it. Now she hoped it would work out. Yet, somehow, she wouldn't be very surprised if it was denied. After all, she didn't know her mother, nor did her mother know her.

Putting all the thoughts and worries out of her head the best she could, she made her way down the quiet halls of the temple. It was silent, save for when a small group of monks would pass her by, chanting. It was almost eerie, but soothing somehow, at the same time. She couldn't even hear her own footsteps, they were so light. Her ears perked, poking out from the hair, light brown with pink decorative streaks and seeming to have pink stars woven into it, and flicked as she collected each subtle sound. The hair itself came down in slight curls, down to her mid back. She'd stolen some of the known volume from her father's lively hair.

When she came to the doorway to the library, she had reason to believe that this was the place she'd find her. She knew very little from her father, only that she was a booksmart sweetie who gave a bit of a front when they'd first met. He didn't talk about any of the children's mothers much. It conflicted, you see. He'd wanted to be only family group, not divided. Any more of what she knew, she'd dug up from records that those freaky Kuhnas kept. They recorded everything, any information they could get their hands on. Her mother's name, among a few other things, was known to her.
She hesitated, at first, for very good reasons, but pushed onward inside. Her pink hued eyes scanned the shelves of books, looking for any sight of her mother. She sort of...felt her there. But canine senses weren't quite as good when in these forms, and she couldn't recall her mother's scent.

Having gotten so sidetracked, she'd stuck her shoulder into one of the shelves, with a pretty good out-of-it force. She blinked as a few books from the shelf toppled onto the floor. She made a somewhat frustrated growl, and bent over to pick them up.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2859
Donate

Postby Mojave » 03/26/2008 8:26 PM

Grey looked back at the shelves from one of the exits. She blinked, wiped her eyes once more, and trudged back inside to see what had caused the books to topple. From the other side, she glimpsed someone standing there between the shelves. "You know, the shelves aren't supposed to be leaned on, stranger." She didn't snap or even really reprimand. It was a simple statement from someone on her last legs. She came around to help pick up the books, and saw who it was. She looked familiar and, if her mind wasn't playing tricks on her, she smelled familiar. As familiar as human senses can tell.

"Good morning." She said brightly, smiling to hide her dishevelment. "Are you a new resident, or a visitor?" She decided not to think too deeply about this sense of familiarity, in case it was just her losing her mind. "Can I help you?" She inquired, slightly curious of what this stranger wanted to research.

It was odd, for so long now she couldn't recall the amount of time that had passed, she hadn't been curious about anything. And she certainly hadn't spoken to anyone that entered these halls. Usually, she would check the book she had in hand out when someone else entered and retreat to her room. Or she would put it back and come back later. Either way, this other woman was the first contact she'd had in quite a while.

Also, something struck a bell in her mind. This woman had canine ears poking out of her tresses, and for some reason, Grey felt that she should too. That was all it took. Her own ears, brown with blue speckles replaced her human ears, though she didn't feel it or even realize it had happened.
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 03/26/2008 9:35 PM

It seemed that she senses were correct, at least. When she entered the library the sensation flared up, especially when the voice of another female had reached her ears. She didn't look up right away, however, but she could sort of hear her some closer. "I-" She was going to explain how it was an accident, but thought better of going into the details. "I know." She wasn't very chipper either, not after all that had happened. Right now, she was lucky that blasted creature wasn't staring her in the eyes. Her voice had been a tad bit submissive when she spoke.

Nitidus rose up, the small pile of books in her hands and automatically started putting one away when her eyes shifted onto the other woman. At first, she was dumbfounded. She stared, remaining perfectly silent and unmoving. She watched as the other's furry ears showed themselves, and her own flicked when they did. After a few rapid blinks, she came to her senses. "Erm, a visitor..." The question was given an answer when she realized that there had been one. Surely her staring had come as unusual, but she couldn't help herself. If she was right in her assumption this other person was who she'd come looking for. She...she was just as broken as Nitidus was, wasn't she? What had happened for such a thing to occur?

"I don't know." The younger one ventured to say, turning toward the shelf to get the books properly situated once again. "I'm actually...looking for someone. I've never met her, not at any time that I was old enough to remember. My mother..." Her eyes went into a sideways glance to Grey, wondering if she had any reaction to that. "I finally figured it out, that she chose to lock herself away...here."

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mojave » 03/29/2008 6:35 PM

Grey listened, and all the while her sense of recognition screamed louder. What was up with her today? She couldn't possibly know this lady.

"Well, do you know anything about her? Her name, for instance?"

Grey noticed that all the books were put back in place before she could help with them, and simply stood back. She really wanted a shower, some hot food, and fresh clothes. And then maybe some fresh air. But she wasn't about to ditch the poor woman now.

"If I know her, I can take you right to her most likely." Grey added, hopeful that this would be solved rather quickly and without a hitch.
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 03/29/2008 7:24 PM

Nitidus was mostly ignoring the wants her mother currently had, for the moment. Not because she didn't care, no, she did. But she'd rather that they at least came to some form of understanding before her mother decided to got about her personal chores. After they'd come to a conclusion as to who Nitidus' mother was, then she was more then willing to wait. She'd waited all this time, since a pup, she could wait a little bit longer before holding an inspiring conversation.

She turned to face Grey than, flicking her tails. How exactly could she approach this? She believed that this one had to have been her mother, but it'd be pretty awkward for both parties, never having known each other. "Well..." She brushed a strand of hair from her eyes, fidgeting a bit. "I don't really know how to approach the subject. But...I'm pretty sure that my mother happens to be you." There was a short pause, before she added. "My father wouldn't tell me your name, and he's been gone for so long now. After searching some records, I believe her name, your name, to be Greymalkin?"

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mojave » 03/29/2008 11:11 PM

Grey blanched when Nitidus began her explanation, as she realized excruciatingly slowly that this woman before her was her daughter. Her ONLY daughter... that she had abandoned.. just like she'd abandoned Greitonis. She stumbled back against the shelf, knocking even more books off it with the force of her impact, and she began to hypervintillate.

"Oh dear gods... you've grown up.. and... I'm so sorry!" She screwed her eyes shut and shook her head, moaning as if her heart were breaking. "I'm sorry for everything I didn't do for you and your brothers!"

She sank to the floor, now holding her head in her hands and fighting the tears that came at finally seeing her child. A child she knew she didn't deserve to ever see, speak to, or even have show up.

"You turned out so beautiful. And I don't even know your name." a single tear escaped from between her tightly shut lids and her hands dropped into her lap, her head hanging in defeat.
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 03/30/2008 1:10 AM

Her pink eyes grew wide as she witnessed her mother's reaction. She'd reached out to stop her before running into the bookshelf, but failed to react quick enough herself. As the books fell, she was forced to jump to the side, so that they didn't land on her feet or otherwise hit her. When she had time to look back, Grey was already loosing it to her own shame and regrets, having started blaming herself. Clearly, by both the words, the looks and the body language. She was pretty good at reading people too. She had to be, when taking her life into consideration.

Nitidus knelt down in haste, quick to take one of her mother's hands in her own. Both of them were broken, in one way or another, but there was no way she could let Grey blame herself over matters that wasn't her fault. It wasn't as if she'd literally abandoned her. She went with her father, there wasn't anything else to it. Never had she thought illy about her mother. She didn't think about her too often, honestly, so she was to blame, if anyone.

"Don't blame yourself." She insisted. "Nothing is your fault." Heh. She didn't even know one of her brothers, and the one that she did all but had abandoned the family as well. She was really the last one left. From her mother and father. "It's Nitidus. Regalis Nitidus Vox, fully. It means something like shining or flowering." She wasn't exactly sure, as she didn't pick up as much of the Latin language as Validus had.
"Come on. This is no why to react." The daughter urged for the other to get up onto her feet. "I don't...want you to be...sad...because of me. Because you thought you had to do something. I came out here to meet you, for I just want to know my mother." Among other things, regarding her own children. "I heard a bit about you, and father has still regarded you as the most wonderful Lucain lady he's met." That wasn't a lie either. Zelos at least admitted to that, regardless of other ladies he'd come across and, in other cases, spawned more children with.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mojave » 03/31/2008 1:29 PM

Grey had silenced herself when Nitidus began to speak- not because she believed her daughter, but because her voice had more meaning and value. But whatever her intentions were for shutting up, she actually listened to Nitidus.

With her daughter's help, she stood again and gazed upon Niti with the passion of a mother seeing her child after so long. However, she remained silent until Niti was done with her reassurances.

"I never would have thought it possible for you to not blame me. But I still blame myself. I could easily have demanded to know how you were doing, no matter what your father wanted. He would be an imbecile to deny a mother knowledge that her children are safe, growing up healthy, and are otherwise fine. So I still blame myself for never knowing what you look like, who you are, or anything." She considered Niti's name for another moment, "And it suits you, for you've flowered into a beautiful.. eh.." She pondered if 'woman' was an appropriate term for their species, but sighed with a smile and finished, "Woman." She just hoped that Niti wouldn't think her deranged for that comment.

"And I'd like to get to know my daughter." She smiled, wiping her eyes and straightening. "But I think it would be better if we spoke about these things in my quarters. It's more private in there, and we don't have to remain among others trying to do work." Despite what had happened, she was always a creature of the libraries. Always considerate of those who came to read and work.
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 03/31/2008 2:10 PM

Grey getting up was a good sign. Nitidus was pleased to see that her mother was able to gain control of herself once more. If she'd shocked her too much, it didn't seem as though it would turn out very well. She hadn't known what to expect in this situation. Rather her mother would even care or not. She didn't know her. When just saying 'her mother' that really could have been anyone. There had been no exact person or personality to fill that with. And that gay cross-dressing man who tried to play her mother, certainly wasn't. Ick. Bad topic. It was probably best if she didn't mention who tried to play her mother figure. She only played along for the free food and to fluster Zelosis.

She just smiled at her mother's comment. 'Woman' was just fine. She spent most of her time in this current appearance anyway, almost human. It was more meaningful then saying 'female' since, well, that had always been her gender. She didn't grow into that. Oh, another thing that reminded her of the gay man, Bangori. Good lord.
Secondly, she offered her mother a nod. "Yes, let us go there then. I'd hate to interrupt them." Being a person of her own who liked working in silence and being left alone when she felt she needed it, should could easily take the other guests into consideration. "Erm, lead the way?"

Finally, she came to follow up on the topic. "You could have. Could have made demands, but meeting them wouldn't have been easily done either. For one, Father wouldn't have been around to meet them. Not too terribly long after mine and my brothers' birth, he took it upon himself to get involved in the war." It was likely that choice that ultimately became the problem in her life, but she could somewhat understand why he'd left. "And when you have a total of eleven kids, seven to worry about, from four different females, it's kinda hard to justify why you'd meet the demands of one and not the others..." True, six of her siblings had come only recently compared to her and Validus and there three other siblings, born only when he got periodic breaks from militia matters. Which then left them to be raised by others. It was strange... She wished she knew what all of her family was thinking.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mojave » 03/31/2008 4:04 PM

Grey led her around the temple and up stairs, listening. She chuckled, "I would like to see the male that could tell me no when I ask about my children and then live afterwards." If she had fur, it would have bristled at the mere notion of anyone keeping mere information from her. "I could have respected their wishes for me to not see you. But not to be left in the dark about your welfare." But, she let it go after those words. Fighting to see her daughter was no longer an issue. And she would worry about her sons later, after Nitidus and her had worked out...whatever needed to be worked out.

"I wondered what happened to Zelos." She nodded, her tone of someone learning an interesting tidbit of information. "I remember Aseri said something in a letter that she'd seen him and he'd looked roughed up." She didn't mention that Aseri was another female Zelos had reproduced with, feeling it unneccessary in the present company and conversation. "As for the multitude of siblings, I am sorry, but I don't know what to say about that." She turned then to open a door and looked at Niti, her expression was of regret and of one lost in what to say, "But you do seem to have done quite well regardless." She smiled and motioned for Niti to enter first.
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 04/01/2008 4:51 PM

Following close behind, Nitidus was taking in the scene as she and her mother spoke. Such a quiet, undisturbed place. Even the chanting that echoed through the halls was soft, distant seeming. Like a fleeting dreams as you brought yourself to consciousness. A temple... Why had her mother chosen a temple to make her home?

She let the other subject drop only with a slight chuckle, "You don't have any more children other then Viaticus and I and..my second brother.." She trailed off just a little, not thinking to dig up her other brother's name before her coming. She didn't know if it would be of any use, and somehow didn't feel any attachment to him to compel her. They'd never met. Sure, they shared the same blood, some parents, but that didn't stand as grounds for connection. Then, how was she able to feel any attachment for Grey? It was simple. Grey had given birth to her. She gave half of her essence to her, because she's her daughter. If she never spoke to her brother, she'd probably be just fine with that. Not like she spoke to Vi since they were younger teens either...

As the time came, she nodded and thanked her mother before slipping past her through the doorway and into the room. The matter of her doing well as avoided, her eyes falling to the ground momentarily at her mother's mentioning it. It seemed she was doing well, with how she was acting now. She wouldn't think of bringing Grey's spirits down by launching into her messed up life. Her strange addiction to...well...physical pain...She didn't show of the hundreds of scars, physical nor emotional. For the physical were almost all hidden with her pants and shirt with half sleeves, just barely past her elbow. Her neck was hidden behind a thick choker. All she had going for her about that, was that she never did a thing to harm herself. She was depressed, but far from suicidal.  
"It's not so bad, I suppose." The matter of siblings was addressed first. "It's just a little tragic, not having either of your own parents to take care of you as a child. It's that time that can mean everything in one's life, how they'll end up as adults. And I certainly didn't have time to take them under my wing..." No, she had five children of her own. And Valdius couldn't do anything either, being gone. He'd already watched out for Niti when things began to get difficult. "I've only seen my father once since he left. He doesn't even know..." Anything about her life and, more importantly, that he has five grandchildren because of her.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mojave » 04/01/2008 11:07 PM

Grey's ears perked up at the way Niti trailed off occasionaly and she gazed at her daughter more closely. "Nitidus.. is something wrong?"

"You don't have any more children other then Viaticus and I and..my second brother..It's just a little tragic, not having either of your own parents to take care of you as a child ... And I certainly didn't have time to take them under my wing...I've only seen my father once since he left. He doesn't even know..."

Her words were as close to a plea for help she'd ever heard from someone with pride. And Grey didn't know which veiled accusation to address first. Weather they were true accusations, she didn't care, she'd deserve them if they were. But something about that last comment made Grey truly worried- nearly scared.

"Niti.. what do you mean? Take who under your wing and what doesn't Zelos know?" She stepped closer to the younger woman, her fear growing as her mind flew to all sorts of assumptions. But she kept calm enough to prevent hyperventilliating again. "Niti, what do you need me to do?"
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 04/02/2008 12:22 AM

"Humm?" The younger Lucain simply tilted her head when asked if something was wrong. A lot of the time, it was better pretending that nothing was wrong. She didn't want to put pressure on anyone else, she didn't want to trouble them. It was one of the reasons why she kept to herself so much and refused help from just about everyone. She didn't want it.
"Oh, my younger brothers and sisters. There's four of them altogether which have come live within our residence. I wish I would have had the time to care for them in my father's place, but I couldn't." She skillfully dodged the second part, about what her father didn't know, while still telling her exactly what she had meant about the comment before that. Yes, she felt bad not being their for her brothers in sisters. It wasn't fair. Her brothers had been their for her, at least as a child, as was her father. They never had anyone older to watch over them.

Still, though, she had a distant worried expression. She turned away from her mother to sit down in a nearby chain, her hands on her lap and eyes at the floor. She was considering. Should she tell her now? Better now then never, right? If she wanted to trust her mother, it was best if she knew everything, even if not in detail. She yanked the choker off from around her neck and pushed her hair back, revealing an array of scars there. One in particular looking like fang bite marks and an 'X' carved over it. From there, she proceeded to push up her sleeves to reveal the scars all over her arms. And that was just the start of them, but taking off her shirt would be a bit much, wouldn't it?
"He doesn't know about any of this. He doesn't know...that I have five children. That he has five grandkids." Neither did Grey, but that was certainly obvious since they'd only just met. Nitidus appeared to have a difficult time admitting it, her words coming out after pauses and delays.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mojave » 04/02/2008 1:29 AM

Grey watched her with apprehension- she could "feel" that a bomb was about to be dropped. Following Nitidus further into the room, she sat across from Niti in an opposite chair and watched her dauther struggle.

When the choker came off, Grey gasped and by the time the arm scars were visable, she was standing and shaking, her eyes gleaming in rage. "Who did this to you?" Her voice was almost inaudible as she continued, "I'm going to kill your father and every 'guardian' in your house for abusing you like this." She didn't understand where the injuries had come from, and naturally assumed they were from being abused.

But her daughter's injuries were nothing when the last bit was uttered. "You... do.. WHAT?!" Her jaw dropped and her eyes nearly popped out of their sockets. "I'm a grandmother?!" She collapsed back into her chair, staring across the space between them at Niti in shock.
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Next