If you're looking for a quiet retreat, this is the place. Run by devout monks, you will be welcomed with generous hospitality. You can even take the time here to achieve some spiritual enlightenment of your own, with the sounds of the rainforest as a backdrop. (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Nu'san Temple

.::Forgive Me...::. [Private, Snowy and I]

Postby robopup24 » 06/16/2008 5:29 PM

He had run away at the first chance he had gotten.

The Cuniflare, out of place in the peaceful temple, silently made his way through the cool hallways, his pawsteps barely heard over the gentle drumming of rain outside. The war was over. SnowStorm knew, though, that he was never going to return to his past life. He couldn't, and he didn't want to. SnowStorm carefully looked around him before continuing his way. Hopefully, no one would see him...

He knew the priests wouldn't throw him out. Far from that. They would probably give him some sort of welcome.

And a welcome was something he didn't want.

SnowStorm finally made his way to a wide, open room. There was a statue of a bird-like creature, not unlike the one at Mardes, though a smaller in comparison. SnowStorm, without hesitation, kneeled before it and quietly whispered,

"Great gods and goddesses, forgive me for... asking you another favor. You have granted my family and friends, as well as my wishes so many times in the past. But... I beg you another favor..." He closed his eyes. A single tear streaked down his face. "A Rollaby... Mri... my heart was given to her but... I was forced to kill her..." His eyes flared open. "Please, I beg you... bring Mri back..."

He silently waited for an answer, waited for any sign that the gods would be merciful and grant him his wish.

The only answer came from the endless drumming of rain...

Can I die? Can I die?
I'm just waiting 'til I die
Never dreamed a single dream so kind in my entire life
No one knew, even cared for this fleeting fairy tail
Then it slipped into seething sun and soon it sailed away...

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 446
Donate

Postby Fallen_Snow » 06/16/2008 8:07 PM

A sudden streak of lighting ripped the sky open and flared brightly, sending the area into a world of blue light, and then it was gone again. In its place, soaked to the skin, stood a Common Rollaby. Tears and raindrops fell down his cheeks, and a dagger was clutched tightly in a paw, in the other a note that was oddly dry. Stepping out of the curtain of rain, he was sudden placed into the opposite, a cool, calm, quiet shrine deep inside Barraka. He gave a quiet sigh, carefully flicking the water on hsi paws off out of the sacred place.

His eyes were drawn to the paper, but then they flicked away. He forced his tears to stop and strode forward with squelching steps. He would've enjoyed the sound more if this was a happier time. To his deep disappointment, it was not.

He came forward a few steps more with purpose. Gripping the dagger tighter, he reminded himself of what a fool he was to trust the pet he had thought was a friend, who had instead killed his sis-

Mri. He drew a shaky breath, a few tears leaking from his tearducts. The skin under his paws were white with the grip he was holding the blue-iron dagger. Again his eyes were pulled to the note, and again he tugged them away.

SnowStorm was his target. SnowStorm was the one he was after. SnowStorm he would take down.

[81]
About you and me: it's plain to see,
We only ever want to stay inside and watch TV,
Because that's just as good a memory,
You're just good company,
And I am finally accepting that.

Remember the time when we stole the whole day?
And nobody knows it, we took it away,
And it will be forever mine,
And it will be forever yours
Now we own the night, and it can't be undone,
We'll never forget how it feels to be young,
Cos it will be forever mine,
And it will be forever yours.

I did not make my avatar.
Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby robopup24 » 06/18/2008 1:22 PM

SnowStorm stepped back when he heard the crack of thunder, and he nervously looked around. Despite the fact that he was tired, hungry, and mentally injured, the Cuniflare didn't want to rest. He was afraid that if he rested, he would be caught... by what?

He didn't know, he didn't care anymore. SnowStorm sat down, shivering from the cold. Maybe he shouldn't have come here... but he had to get Mri back, somehow! The Cuniflare looked up at the elegent stone-work of the ceiling and leaned against the base of the statue. Everything around him was pitch dark, save a dim spotlight surrounding the statue. It was hard to see through the shadows, and it would be incredibly easy for someone to sneak up on him...

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Fallen_Snow » 06/18/2008 4:00 PM

Which was what the angry Rollaby was doing. His pain had confused him, angered him, made him blind to any consequence that would be thrown at him. He just knew that there was only one to blame, and that was that double-crossing, two-timing, two-faced, evil creep of a Cuniflare SnowStorm. Shifting the grip on his dagger so that the blade faced down, he crept up on the Cuniflare's side, when a flash of lighting escaped it's dark cloudy confines and threw Sage's chance of suprise out the window. He froze, not sure what to do.

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Fallen_Snow » 06/30/2008 6:11 PM

His blade was above the unsuspecting Cuniflare's head, poised to strike. Why wouldn't he strike? He was nervous- SnowStorm had been a good friend, and he didn't want to do it... but he killed his sis- best friend. He could never forget that. But instead of plunging the dagger through his skull, he lowered it, shoving it into his Body Pouch. After doing that, he sat down beside the Cuniflare. Tears were in his big blue eyes, and his breath quivered as he asked, "Why did you do it, SnowStorm? Why...?"

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby robopup24 » 07/01/2008 1:11 PM

(OOC: Sorry for the lateness >-> Summer school started and I didn't have a chance to get on.)

SnowStorm jumped at the sound of Sage's voice and turned to look at the Rollaby. Where did he come from?

"Why did you do it, SnowStorm? Why...?"

The Cuniflare looked away and muttered, "I didn't mean to. It was all an accident..." An accident, ha! As if Sage would believe that! SnowStorm turned back to Sage, and pounded his paw against the stone statue. As if on cue, thunder rumbled. "Look, I didn't want to kill anybody! I'm just here to... get Mri back..." His voice became more and more diminished as he continued. "I always loved her." Tears began to pool up in the Cuniflare's eyes. "I wouldn't have hurt her..."

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Fallen_Snow » 07/01/2008 4:43 PM

((Geez, I thought you died or something! XD Well, I'm glad you're back. o3o and it's alright. Just one more post and I can start that RP with Fire...))

Sage's tears brimmed too high on his lashes and they spilled, their plops blending with the harsh banging of the rain. More thunder shook the ground, and a single bolt of lighting struck at the same time. But the blue glow stayed in the room. It seemed like time was frozen...

But how...?

Right outside the temple was a Treasure Rollaby. She was soaked through and she woke up suddenly, choking and coughing up rain that had strayed to her mouth. But her mouth had been closed, and it tasted like fish...
She spluttered, her eyes flashing open. Her eyes were a beautiful golden, and her coat a shiny pale yellow. She took deep breaths as she scrabbled into the safety and dryness of the temple, blinking her violet eyes.

Wait, violet? She blinked again and they were back to their usual golden color. She felt heavy, cold, different... where was her family? She'd had such an odd dream... not being allowed to die... dieties, they surrounded her...

And somehow along the line, she'd come to rest outside Nu'san Temple in a totally different body.

But how...?

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Fallen_Snow » 07/03/2008 3:11 PM

The blue light faded and the storm continued on, actually getting harder. Sage felt dizzy suddenly, and a small thought entered his mind. Mri...

It sent a small cascade of tears down his face. And then he heard a watery slap of a body. He looked up and saw a yellow pet moving around up towards the front of the temple. "Hey!" he said, prodding SnowStorm. "What's that?" he asked. He'd totally forgotten about his grief about Mri. He actually felt more like she was there.

Do not fear, Sage. I am here again... a small voice whispered in his ear. It twitched, and suddenly Sage knew that he had to catch up to that pet. "C'mon, and tread slowly and quietly. We don't want to scare her." How he knew it was a her, he didn't know. But he tried not to focus on that thought as he pulled himself up from next to SnowStorm.

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby robopup24 » 09/08/2008 8:21 PM

SnowStorm stared at the golden figure coming toward them. How had it... she gotten here? The Cuniflare shivered. But he had the strangest feeling that this pet was going to hurt them. SnowStorm looked at Sage, then back at the pet before stepping forward. "Hello?" SnowStorm called. "Who's there? Don't be afraid, we won't hurt you!"

Stupid, a tiny, dark voice whispered in his head. You're shouting at some random pet out in the rain. What if it's some robber who's trying to find a place to hide? Then you're all really screwed.

SnowStorm shook his head, trying to chase away the thoughts. He shouted again, "Hello?"

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Fallen_Snow » 09/08/2008 8:30 PM

The Rollaby approached, and her eyes were big and violet. She looked like she was lost- or misplaced, like she didn't think that she should be here talking to them, yet she didn't know why she was there or why she felt that way. "I... I think I know you two. You're faces... they're so familar... but yet... I'm not sure. It's like they're there, but I can't remember." she said, looking troubled. She blinked thoughtfully, her eyes turning from violet to golden. "I think... I think my name... do you know my name? I feel like you do." she said to them.

Sage looked at the Rollaby with astonishment.

No.

It couldn't be her. She was dead and gone, leaving him with a broken empty shell for a life.

NO.

He had to get away. He had to get away! This was all so confusing. Letting out a strangled yelp of anger, he took a running start then started rolling away, towards the downpour and away from the Treasure Rollaby and SnowStorm. They were not his friends anymore.

He would live his life alone.

(Dun let 'im run away~! Chase 'im~ 8D)

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby robopup24 » 09/09/2008 6:23 PM

Those eyes!

SnowStorm swore they were violet for a brief second, and the Cuniflare almost hugged the Rollaby. It's Mri! It's Mri! his mind had exclaimed. But as she spoke, her eyes changed from the familiar violet back into a natural gold.

SnowStorm didn't know what to think. Was this Mri? Or was this some confused, lost pet?

Before he could ponder anymore on the matter, Sage let out a yelp and began to run off, into the rain. The Cuniflare jumped in surprise and stood there, watching him leave.

Then it occured to him that he should give chase.

"C'mon, let's go, Mri!" SnowStorm said, her name popping out of his mouth by accident. He didn't have time to see her reaction though, and ran after Sage, shouting, "Sage! Come back! Where are you going?!"

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Fallen_Snow » 09/10/2008 4:24 PM

The Rollaby was confused. "Mri...? Is that my name?" she asked quietly. But there was no time. The Cuniflare was running after the upset Rollaby... she wasn't sure if she should follow the two. But an urge just gave her that push, and she was rolling after the two, a muddled look on her still wet face. Great, she thought to herself, more rain.

Sage didn't know what to think of his situation. Suddenly he was in the storm, being pelted in the face with rain and his whole body slick with mud as he rolled on, faster and faster... he just wanted to get away... he felt so sad... so upset and angry and... and...

he missed her. He truly, honestly missed having her there as his sister. He knew they looked different, but he assumed that it was their parents... he trusted her. He trusted her and she...

Tears slid down his cheeks, hiding with the raindrops.

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby robopup24 » 09/10/2008 10:36 PM

"Sage!" SnowStorm slipped in a puddle and landed head-first into the mud. It splattered all over him, coating his white fur with brown. The Cuniflare jumped up to his feet and looked around. Mri... at least, he thought it was Mri, was still keeping up with him. SnowStorm stood there, staring at her for a minute. He snapped himself out of it. There was no time for relief, no time to savor the moment. He had to catch that Rollaby!

"Sage!"

The rain fell harder and lightning flashed in the dark sky. Thunder rumbled ominously above. SnowStorm sprinted after Sage and, when he was close enough, lunged forward to tackle him.

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Fallen_Snow » 09/12/2008 10:42 PM

Sage knew he had to stop sometime. The mud was irritating him, thickly lined along his back and tail, and his eyes were becoming clouded with tears. He stopped, getting up and turning around. "Wha-?" he tried to ask, but was suddenly brought down forcefully by a brown Purine Cuniflare. "Argh! Gerroff!" he muttered, shoving at the Rollaby, trying to get him off. His back was back in the mud, and it was squelching uncomfortably beneath him.

C'mon, there must be something you remember about them! Something, anything! C'mon...
The golden Rollaby racked her brains, trying to figure out what was so familar about the two. Sage seemed to not like her for some reason... and the Cuniflare... he seemed to like her a lot. They were feuding for some reason... hopefully it wasn't over her! That would be horrible! Rushing forward, she stop in front of them and yelped, "Stop!"

Sage froze.

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby robopup24 » 09/13/2008 6:56 PM

SnowStorm hung on tightly, determined not to let Sage escape again. The Cuniflare was almost thrown off but managed to keep his grip on the Rollaby.

"Stop!"

Suddenly, Mri was in front of them and SnowStorm, startled, let go. SnowStorm stared at her, then looked back at Sage, who seemed to be frozen. His ear, the one with the bell, twitched and he said quietly, "Sorry." SnowStorm didn't know who he was saying it to. Perhaps it was to both of them. "Don't you remember us, Mri? He's your brother..." He pointed at Sage. "And... and... I'm SnowStorm. I loved you." The words dropped out of his mouth without him meaning to. SnowStorm stared deep into the Rollaby's eyes. "Do you remember anything? W-we met at the center and... I gave you a bell, like the one on my ear. Please... can't you remember?"

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Next